Author Topic: The New Generation (Story) (May contain TD spoilers)  (Read 91556 times)

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
The New Generation (Story) (May contain TD spoilers)
« on: September 24, 2011, 08:58:56 PM »
First off, the Info and Sign-Up page just because.

Anyway, as far as post expectations go: No super short posts in most cases. I'll be lenient with this at the beginning, but eventually, I'll want you all to have good, descriptive posts of at least two or three paragraphs. I'll also be lenient with this if you're having a very simple conversation with someone. And no, I don't expect anything the size of this first post. My post is only this long because I control Hina from the get-go. Also, note that there are fourteen players. FOURTEEN. That's a lot to keep track of. So, if I forget something at first, or my posts towards you guys seem a bit lackluster, I apologize. The same goes for if I portray your characters a bit differently than I should. It will be easier once I learn your characters, but for now, I'll have to rely on you guys to let their personalities shine through.

Also, I realize that some of us RP faster than others, so at the beginning, I'll try to keep it balanced. Not that I'll only update once per day, but I won't have a long series of back-and-forth posts with one person or anything like that. Anyway, without further ado, here it is!

------

The full moon hung high in the sky of Gensokyo. The hakutaku worked well into the night, writing a new history. With the Hakurei maiden and the Border Youkai gone, the Border's fall was accelerating beyond her control. She knew that the fall of the border was inevitable. But she hoped that there was some way to stop it, some way to slow it down at least. Some way to get them back.

---

Slowly, the kitsune opened her eyes. It was dark out, and she could see the full moon shining brightly in the sky. She looked around, and could only see trees as far as the eyes could see. She shivered as a cold breeze swept by, and looked down at herself. Instead of the furry body she was expecting, she was now taller, more lean, and just in a strange shape. Most of her fur had left her, which explained why she was so cold from the breeze.

The kitsune stretched, trying to orient herself. After a bit of experimentation, she found that her new limbs were not as complex as she had originally believed. Though her movements were still clumsy, she found that she could move around with relative ease, although walking on two limbs seemed easier than four for some strange reason.

She then became aware of the fact that she was hungry. Looking around, she could not see any nuts or berries, and decided to go scavenge for what she could. After a few minutes of foraging, she managed to find a small bush with a few berries on it. She struggled to get them off with her strange new paws, and decided instead to simply bite them off. It was in the middle of this act that she heard a rustling sound in the trees behind her.

As the rustling became louder, she dived out of the way, expecting some sort of predator. Instead, she saw a girl with a body similar to hers, staring at her with a greedy look in her eye. The girl had green hair that came down past its chin and a red dress with a strange green pattern on it. She rubbed her paws together and licked her lips. ?My, you have a lot of misfortune. This will be quite the treat!?

The kitsune tilted her head in confusion. She didn't know why she could understand what this girl, and the words that came out of her mouth came as just as much of a surprise. ?I have a lot of misfortune??

The girl nodded eagerly in response. ?Oh yes. It fills you to the brim. I'm not sure if I can even take it all at once!? The girl stepped closer, eliciting a small, startled sound from the kitsune. ?Yes... now that I get a closer look at you, I see you are completely naked. So, if you don't mind my asking, what happened? Girlfriend dump you out here? Attacked by bandits??

The kitsune shook her head. ?No, I was like this when I woke up...? She couldn't understand why this girl seemed to be so eager. ?Um... The thing is, I don't really know where I am right now. Could you please tell me where we are??

The girl looked taken aback a bit, but regained her composure. ?You mean you don't know? We're in the Great Youkai Forest on Youkai Mountain.?

The kitsune thought about this for a moment, then shook her head again. ?I don't remember a place like that...? she slowly began backing away from this strange girl.

But the girl drew closer, and gave the kitsune a good once-over. ?I see... Well, you obviously aren't a human. Maybe you're a newly born Youkai? You look like a kitsune to me...? The kitsune remained silent, and tried to back away again. However, the other girl was faster, and was soon spinning in circles around the kitsune. ?So, what's your name~? I always ask before taking somebody's misfortune. I'm Hina Kagiyama, the Curse Goddess.?

The kitsune racked her brain, trying to think of her name. She didn't remember ever being given one, but she soon found what she was looking for. ?...Kanade. I'm Kanade.?

Hina looked a bit disappointed, but soon perked back up. ?Just one name... Well, whatever. Thank you for the misfortune!? Hina began spinning in place, faster and faster. Kanade could feel something being drained out of her; it was not an unpleasant feeling, but a disorienting one. Hina spun faster and faster, and soon Kanade felt like she, too was spinning. Then, what had been drained suddenly snapped back into place, making Kanade fall over.

Hina placed her hands on her hips, pouting. ?That's weird... I couldn't take it! Why didn't you let me take it??

?I didn't do anything,? Kanade said, as she tried to stand up. Hina ran over and helped her up, before sighing.

?Well. If I can't take your misfortune directly, I guess the least I could do is help you out for a bit. Do you have anywhere to go?? Kanade shook her head. ?I see. Well, then...? Hina trailed off, as she grabbed Kanade's wrist, eliciting a small shriek from the kitsune, before dragging her off. ?Time to go home!?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 11:41:21 PM by Squawkermaru Aya »

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
Re: The New Generation (Story) (May contain TD spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 12:22:05 AM »
In a plant-ridden basement of the ruins of a long-forgotten house, it's quite hilarious how a forgotten house didn't turn into a youkai yet, but that's not the main concern right now. In the darkness there lays a lifeless metal armor, sitting there like how a doll would when the owner's done playing with it. All of a sudden the fingers started moving, then the arms, then all of a sudden....CLANG! The armor trips on a vine, but it didn't stop it from standing up straight. Navigating along the pitch-black room it reaches the doorway, the light of the starts giving a faint light on the run-down staircase. Clumsily making its way up, it whispers to itself, "I am Heal de Garde, vassal of the human who once lived here, now I seek to serve, but who?"

By the time she reaches the top she looks around to see nothing but old floors and forest. Looking up to the stars then back down she looks around. Afterwards she then begins walking in a random direction.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 12:50:21 AM »
GuardianTempest

Heal de Garde made her way through the house, trying to find something, anything. A sign of her old master, or a new one. It didn't matter, so long as she had someone to serve. The house was overgrown with vegetation; vines grew on the walls, tree stuck through the windows, the corners where the floor or ceiling met the walls were overgrown with moss. The floor creaked as the girl walked, due in part to the wight of her armor, due in part to the age of the building. Eventually, she found herself out on a balcony, jutting out from the hallway. She looked out to see a dark night. Slowly, her eyes adjusted to the darkness, and she could see trees stretched out before her like a canvas. The sky was devoid of clouds, and was characterized by a bright full moon and a sea of stars.

Heal's gazing was cut short as the floor beneath her gave way. The balcony collapsed, bringing the vassal with it. She hit the ground with a small thud, then stood back up to look around. She was now behind the house, with the remains of the balcony all around her. The vassal dusted herself off, then turned to simply walk in another direction. However, she was cut short by a few shouts of "hey", and turned to face the sound of the noise in time to see a grey-haired girl land on the ground a few meters away from her. The girl was of relatively short stature, with a brown dress and white sleeves. Two large, grey ears protruded from her hair. She did not look amused. "Oy. You okay over there?" The grey-haired girl began walking towards the vassal.

Re: The New Generation (Story)
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 02:01:12 AM »
The first thing that greeted the satori's senses was the cold surface of the floor. Looking around, she found herself in between two walls made of stone. She breathed in the smell of something cold, and she began to shiver. The blunt thuds from outside reached her ears. Huddling against the stone wall, she looked at the passers-by. Her senses were a bit disoriented, so she couldn't catch a clear view of them. She only caught glimpses of horns, clothes, and big people. The satori began crawling out, her knees buckling from the cold. She looked down and found cold, white stuff all over the floor.

She touched her face. She acknowledged its existence before feeling for her arms. There was something weird on her wrists; upn closer inspection, they were red cords attached to her wrists from a red ball on her chest. She poked the ball, but there was no response.

After she checked every other part of her body, she tried to look for anything to make her stop feeling cold. There wasn't anything in this alley. Well, maybe there was something at the back, but she wouldn't be able to see it in the dim lighting. The only thing she found was a greenish stone that had bits of red on it. Opening her hand felt weird, but she was able to grasp the rock tightly in her hand.

Seeing as there was nothing else to find, she continued trying to get out. She stuggled to stand up. That was what the legs were for, right? For some reason, she was aware of the functions of her limbs. When her feet touched the ground, her shivering intensified. She shook slightly as she slowly stepped her way to the road.

The satori's eyes widened in surprise. This place was huge! It was a bit empty right now, but that only made the place seem bigger. Rows of buildings lined the side, and the same white thing on the ground rested on top of those buildings. Bright hanging things gave off light that brightened up the place a little. The blue color from the buildings' top looked really nice, too.

There were all kinds of people, too; mostly those with horns, but they all looked different. They wore different things with different colors. They laughed and talked loudly.

"Wow..."

Then she felt something rumble inside her. It hurt and felt empty. So now, not only did she need warmth, she needed to stop the pain.

She began her unstable walk across the road, not mindful of the people who looked at her. Unknown to her, the red ball on her chest began to open up.

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 02:31:27 AM »
The sounds of fights have ended a battle between two old enemies over yet again. Light flickers, the once raging flames, now all but gone, the small red fires burning the last bits of themselves out, the cinders glowing like small crawling bugs all around the field. A small field inside bamboo forest, made of ash, now rests after blaze of the battle over.

The ash begins to stir, the ash moves a little, then pushes up, then slowly something begins to rise from the ash. The ash falls off the new fairy, as she rubs it out her eyes, taking her first few breaths, smelling the ash all around and over her. She looks around happily seeing the field of ash. She stands up happily brushing herself off. She knew something?s already, she had no idea why, but she knew them all.

She begins to look around for things already flying around, some containers to hold stuff like the sweet smelling ash, stick or something to poke at stuff, flint maybe, somewhere nearby with some water to maybe wash her face. Most importantly she wanted to find out about this place, and why the fire was here, from someone.
"there is a Fine line between genius and insanity. I see it every day running screaming past it with scissors."
-8-bit theater, Red Mage, taken as personal saying.

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 02:52:11 AM »
Near the apex of a small hill, not far away from the bastion of goodness that is the Myoren Temple, there sits a newly built nest upon a small plateau. But this nest is too big for any bird, certainly, despite the fallen feathers. No, this nest was designed for its current occupant: a brilliantly beautiful white horse, resting comfortably in it's home. While it would normally be very strange to see a white horse in a nest on a hilltop, this one has feathered white wings extending from its midsection. She's a pegasus, the stuff of human legend and myth. But then, this is Gensokyo, where legends and myths are made real all the time. Her tail swishes back and forth occasionally as she dozes. Perhaps she's dreaming. If she is, it may well be the last one she'll ever have in her current life.

A white glow emerges from her wingtips, a brilliant light that quickly fills her wings, spreading through her body like veins of luminousity. In a matter of minutes, the winged equine is completely engulfed in blinding light. When the light fades, an unclad winged humanoid lies in the nest, and she stirs. Her opal colored eyes flutter, and she comes to all fours. Something is amiss, but it isn't until she looks at her new hands that she puts the pieces together.
"That's not... right?" she pauses, holding her hand up to her throat. A voice? Like the two-legs have? 'Why do I have a voice like they do?' she thinks to herself. She raises a hand to her head, feels the long hair there. It is strange to the touch. EVERYTHING  is strange to the touch now that she's a woman. Everything has changed. But at least she still has her tail, emerging from the base of her spine.
She tries to stand, only to find that, now with only two legs instead of four, her balance isn't quite the way she remembers. With no hind legs to stabalize her, she totters backwards and falls down. Which has the unfortunate side effect of taking her out of her roost, and tumbling down the scrubby hillside. This tumble ends abrubtly with a sudden impact against a sturdy oak tree.

Not the most auspicious start to a new life.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 03:20:03 AM »
Arasoi was walking, slowly and steadily, towards a portal, more like a rip, of where some sort of person once was. He had enough of Makai, even though it was beautiful. It was boring besides the demons that resided here. His long, spiked tail flung around, crushing the rocks that were behind him. This left a trail of smaller rocks that would lead him back to Makai whenever he needed to. His long, strong limbs lifted himself up and he threw his entire body towards a small hill. Crashing atop of it, lightning began to flare from his back. The portal was above him, but he wanted one last look at Makai. Slowly, he turned, the ground shaking from his weight. A white, pulsating light engulfed him as his claws stomped the ground.

The constant ground-moving when Arasoi walked had stopped. His once big, bulky body was now a small, humanoid shape. He poked his head to find that he still had those signature horns of his. Makai was a beautiful place. Beautiful when one takes the time to admire it's endless, white expanse to find peace within oneself. His scales were replaced by bracers and armor that contain his once majestic, teal and turquoise scales. Flexing his arms to adjust to this body of his, he let loose a yawn.

He was born a little sooner then the others, able to test out his big, monstrous body before it has become this small humanoid. He poked just above his forehead, to notice that jagged horn still being there. There was never really any moon visible in Makai, so he had never spoke before. Arasoi opened his mouth, first having a low growl, before it reaches a smooth, deep voice. "I live." He then looks up to the skies, his once-primal instinct wanting to relive it's old, short life. He howls to the moon.

Gensokyo was a wonderful place. He entered the portal to the outside.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Wolfsbane706

• Knight of the Accursed Order
  • Boredom is contagious.
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 03:48:16 AM »
Not all instances of coming into being are smooth.  Consider yourself lucky if you come into existence on solid ground.  If you come into existence, say, six feet above a lake?  Hold your nose.  Unfortunately for this particular newborn Yuki-Onna, she didn't know that step, and so with a wet, noisy, and attention grabbing splash, she dropped into the water.  "Sinus issues" doesn't begin to describe the pain felt when water goes up the nose.  With that kind of mishap, the newborn Yuki-Onna let out a very unusual noise.  "Ack!" was what she had meant to say.  "Ark!" was what had come out, the result of trying to exclaim, swim, and get water out of her nose all at the same time.  As a natural kind of thing, she let loose a blast of cold, freezing the water around her and giving her something to rest on.  Even if that something was going up, down, then up, then down, then back up . . . .  "Ulp!"  Not best to think about that.  Her newfound green face just didn't look right, and the feeling that came with it definitely did not feel right.
Not that she really knew what was "right" and what was "wrong".  Not yet, anyways.  Regaining her composure, the Yuki-Onna looked around.  She was trying to figure a way out of here.  Nobody liked being wet for too long.  Except maybe people who were supposed to be born in the water, but that was besides the point.
[15:30] * Wolfsbane706 pitfalls Roukan.
[15:30] <Roukan> WHAT WHY
[15:31] * Roukan aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*splat*
[15:32] <Wolfsbane706> That's the funniest reaction I've seen yet.
[15:34] * Roukan thumbs-up from beyond the grave.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 04:25:49 AM »
(OOC: Finally. Was not expecting this post to take so long.)

Crow Cakes

Slowly, a sound begins to fill the Satori's mind. The most unpleasant of sounds; the cacophony of the city. But not the diluted voices of the people; the clear, loud voices of their minds. Thoughts filled her mind: the thoughts of the people. First, as a low hum, but then the sound grew into a murmur, a clatter, and finally the full cacophony of the city. Thousands of voices flooded her mind. She tried to cover her ears, but to no avail. The sounds grew louder and louder as her Third Eye opened. Soon, these voices occupied every square centimeter of her mind. She tried to block the voices out, to think her own thoughts. She cried out for help. She couldn't even manage to voice her cry; it simply disappeared into the sea of thoughts flooding her mind.

She wasn't aware of how long she was like that. The voices had overtaken her, drowned her in their endless sea. She was startled when the sea slowly faded away, and she realized that she was moving. She felt a pressure on her hand, and looked down to see that someone had grabbed her. She looked ahead to see a Pink-haired girl in a blue dress running ahead of her, panting. Instead of questioning it, she decided instead to just follow this girl.

Finally, the pair reached a large palace. The voices had now been reduced to the low hum of before, and the Satori's mind was finally clear. As she was about to question what just happened, the girl turned to face her. She could hear the other girl's voice, but her lips did not appear to be moving. You are a Satori, which means you ave a Third Eye, which allows you to read people's minds, which is why my lips aren't moving right now. I know this because I am also a Satori, named Satori. Yes, this is real. I heard you back there, so I went to get you. Yes, I heard the voices, too. You learn how to tone them down eventually. The girl was shocked as Satori answered questions she had only begun to think about asking.

cecilthebolt

The young fairy was excited. This world seemed to be full of things, interesting things, burnable things. Within a matter of minutes she had found a piece of flint, and had set one of the weird things growing out of the ground on fire. She contented herself with sitting and watching it burn, then proceeded to the next stalk. As she was setting this one on fire, however, she heard a voice from behind her. "You really shouldn't be doing that, you know."

The fairy turned around to see a tall girl with light violet hair staring at her with an amused smile. The girl had red pants with some weird patches on them, and a white shirt. her hair was full of ribbons. "It's got no control. Your fire, I mean. Sure, you set something on fire, but that's not what it's all about. Now this..." the girl paused, as a pair of flaming wings extended from her back. "This is real fire. Not just burning bamboo." The girl walked closer, and circled the confused fairy for a bit. "Still, you've got potential, kid. What's your name?"

Sourfang

The pegasus Youkai slowly tried to stand up, rubbing her back in the process. She finally managed to stand, but wasn't quite comfortable with walking yet. Instead, she just stood awkwardly, and decided to look around. The surroundings looked about the same as they always had, although she wasn't used to getting this kind of perspective from standing on the ground.

After a few minutes of just standing, she decided to try flying again. Her wings felt less powerful, but she was soon able to lift up into the sky. Unfortunately, she wasn't used to flying with this new body, and lost her balance, which resulted in her crashing to the ground. Yet another unpleasant experience. This time, she heard a bit of giggling from the tree as she landed. She quickly stood up, glaring at the tree. A yellow-haired girl stepped out from behind it. ?Oh, my apologies. I did not mean to startle you. I heard a thump sound, and decided to come see what was the matter. I never knew we had a guest like you here.? She smiled a warm, friendly smile. ?You must be cold, not having any clothes. Follow me, I can get something to warm you up.? She turned, and began walking to the front of the nearby temple, expecting the pegasus to follow her.

YoukaiJesus

Arasoi looked out at the world in front of him. He seemed to be on a mountain, and could see a vast forest stretched out before him, as well as what seemed to be a village off in the distance. However, instead of setting out for this forest, he decided to see what he could find on top of the mountain. After a bit of climbing, he came to an outcropping with a small shrine in the middle. He was about to disregard the shrine, but a girl with a blue cape caught his attention for a few reasons.

For one thing, he could feel the power emanating out of her. The kind of power he used to know, that he had lost in his transformation. The fact that she had a tail instead of legs was also a bit odd, given how most of the uprights he'd seen had two legs. Of course, what stood out about her most was the fact that she was poking him in the forehead with a bored look on her face. He matched her stare, and after a few more seconds of poking, she sighed. ?You're not as fun as Reimu. You were supposed to get mad or something. Anyway. I'm Mima, the all-powerful evil spirit. And you are??

MFZBdude

The Yuki-onna looked around, taking in her surrounding. She was out on the middle of a lake, and her vision was obscured by mist. Still, it beat thinking about the up and down, up and down... nevermind. It was then that she noticed a poking sensation on her head. ?Oy. You're doing it wrong.? A small girl with blue hair came into view, snickering at her. She was wearing a blue dress, and seemed to have ice sticking out from her back. ?You're kind of dumb, aren't ya? Come on, let's get you out of there.?

The small girl grabbed the Yuki-onna's wrists, and began pulling her out of the ice. After a couple minutes, the fairy manage to dislodge her. ?There we go. Anyway, I'm Cirno. I'm the strongest.? She grinned, and pointed at the Yuki-onna sitting before her. ?As payment for saving your life, I order you to be my servant!?

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 05:43:58 AM »
There?s nothing. No light, no sound, no feeling Nothing. Nothing but Darkness.

Darkness??

What is darkness?

Soon, my child, soon you will learn.

A constant sound begins to echo in the emptiness of her mind.

Soon, but not yet.

What is sound?

My dear child, It is what you hear.

A soft feeling brushes gently against her innocent face.

However, it is not that time

What is feeling?

My gentle hand that caresses you.

Something warm gently touches her cheek.

You will soon know.

What is?light?

A warm, white light shines, forcing the darkness to recede into the deepest corners of her mind. It envelops her, everything.

?

---

A cool breeze blows weakly, as if it had traveled from far away. It?s chill wakes up the small girl who is lying on nothing but a bed of air. She slowly opens her purple eyes and gazes ahead sleepily. Her head turns to the side a bit without the girl aware of it. Slowly her body tilts to the right. With one swift movement her body spins around, her gaze facing downward. Startled by this, the small girl lets out a squeak. Her eyes are wide open now, and her drowsiness all but gone. After a few breaths she lifts her head and looks around.
The faint glow of spirits surrounds her, dimly lighting the room like a nighttime sky.
She gazes around in awe at the many floating lights. After a while she lifts her body and looks up.
There?s no top for as far as she could see. Like the room went on forever, extending to the heavens. A slight tinge of fear resounded in her as she looked up into the darkness.. She shook her head of the thoughts and looked down.
She caught sight of something intriguing, something?shiny. Without realizing, the young spirit slowly drifted down toward it. As she approached she reached out to touch it. At the sensation of coldness, she drew her had back and gazed back and forth between the two, She didn?t understand it. Any of it. But she didn?t think much of it, since she barely knew how to do that.
The spirits shone faintly, silently, as if they were watching her every move, examining her, envying her.
The girl looked around once more, gazing at the vast room that held so little. She didn?t know.
Not of this place.
Not of others.
Not even of herself.

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 05:50:57 AM »
It seems to the pegasus-turned-humanoid that she'd known colder times than this. But it also seems that the being she was before was better equipped at handling the cold than this body. Plus, being on the ground like this is unpleasant in and of itself. Flapping her wings instinctively, she pulls herself to a standing position, this time extending her wings outwards away from her body, as far as they can, to help balance her out. The result is less than perfect, but it's enough to maintain a vertical base. At least so long as she doesn't try running.

Normal wary of strangers, the yellow haired woman seems somehow trustworthy. A pegasus has a sense of the good and evil in the hearts of others, and while she may be blind to that sense now (a jarring realization in and of itself) the instinct seems to have remained. At least in some small part. And the pegasus-youkai seems to remember seeing that building from the air before. It seemed... good, somehow. Believing this to be a good place, and the woman ahead of her to be a good person, the pegasus sets off after her. Slowly, this time. She has much to adapt to, if this change endures.

"I... know... this place. I think..." Forming alien words with an alien mouth. So bizzare. "Why am I here? Why am I... like this?"

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 06:15:37 AM »
Sonae

Slowly, the door opened, and the spirit turned to look. A girl with light brown hair entered the room, casting her gaze on the spirit She wore a white and purple dress. "Oh, it seems you've awoken. Welcome to the Dream Palace Great Mausoleum. I am Toyosatomimi no Miko. We have been expecting you. And what would your name be?"

The spirit couldn't help but feel a sense of awe at this person, not that she knew what awe was. Or that she was experiencing it.

Sourfang

The girl pause a moment, then shrugged. "I do not know. My best guess is that you recently became a Youkai. Based on your wings I believe you would be a Tengu, but that tail throws me off. Besides, you don't have the air of a Tengu, and I can't see why a Tengu would form here." Finally, the two of them reach the front of the temple, and head inside. Sprawled out before them is a small room with a statue of some god with a spear, a mouse, and a pagoda. The two head to another, more casual room. "Wait here while I get you some clothes. They won't be much, but they should suffice for now." She disappeared into the doorway, and left the pegasus alone to her thoughts.

Eventually, the girl returned, carrying a robe. She walked over to the pegasus, and began showing her how to put the robe on. "Your arms go in here... then your head goes through this hole... then you just wrap it around yourself, like this." The pegasus had a bit of trouble, but finally managed to put the robe on with the other girl's help. The girl then proceeded to sit opposite the pegasus. "Please excuse my poor manners, I wanted to get you inside and clothed. My name is Shou Toramaru, disciple of the god Bishamonten. Do you have a name?"

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 06:25:33 AM »
Arasoi had let this green-haired, blue-clothed woman poke his head for several reasons. The first being that he had never felt so... Touched. More like vulnerable. Without his scales all over his body, he felt quite defenseless. Also because he never felt anything so clear before. Those scales reduced his sense of touch.After the woman had introduced herself as the godlike, all-powerful omnipotent god of evil spirits. Thing-like-that, Arasoi grabbed her hand. The feeling was astounding, and Mima didn't turn herself ethereal. She seemed to be happy at this.

"Naughty little one, grabbing my hand like that~"

Arasoi immediately released her hand, pulling his back. He examined her body. And it was graceful and powerful at once. Her face, beautiful and charming. Her sizeful chest, those wide hips. That flowing, silky green hair. And her ghost-skin felt like heaven. Ironic. Arasoi pushed the... Other thoughts away, his face a little red. Arasoi cleared images of Mima out of his mind, clearing his throat. He had to act like a gentleman, even if he was never one. I mean, a lumbering behemoth of lightnig and primal strength could'nt Possibly be one...

"M-My name is Arasoi. N-Nice to meet you, Mima." she should have also noticed from his voice that... It was a He. Right?

[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 06:40:01 AM »
(OOC Note: You do not control Mima yet.)

Youkai Jesus
"Hm. Arasoi, huh. Well, whatever~" She turned around, and began walking, expecting him to follow her. "So, tell me, where are you from? We don't get many guys around here, let alone anyone that looks like you, so it's kind of weird." They headed over to the shrine. "This is the Hakurei Shrine. The Shrine Maiden who lives here maintains the border that keeps Gensokyo separate from the Outside World, so it's pretty important. I'm this Shrine's deity." She yawned, and turned towards him. "I'm gonna go make some rice. Stay here, and don't get into any trouble~" She ducked into the shrine, and left him alone to his thoughts.

A few minutes later, she returned with a board with three rice balls on it. She sat near him and offered him one, looking at the moon. "...I wonder what's going to happen to this place now..." she mused, more to herself than Arasoi.

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 06:51:38 AM »
"Toyosatomiko..." The girl repeated with a dumb expression. "I am..." She mumbled. A faint light began to reflected in her eyes. Slowly, the gears of her mind began to move. Finally, something came to mind.
"Sayuri..." She said aloud.

XinXin

• Hakase Hakase Hakase!
  • Nano Nano Nano!
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 07:15:13 AM »
The cool breeze gently stroked the youkai girl who lay on the gravel of a relatively spacious square in the middle of somewhere. The night was not too cold, cold enough to feel relaxed, warm enough to feel comfortable. The girl's eyes open. They stare into the starry sky, sparkling lights dancing in the heavens above. The pattern they were in lead her eyes on, on to the beautiful round moon that glowed solemnly, evoking calmness in her soul. Suddenly, she began to panic. Where was this place? Her body laid comfortably on the gravel, not wanting to move from the cold ground that it lay on. The fragrance of the oriental flowers tantalised her senses, yielding a response. She immediately stood up and found herself in the middle of a garden. A garden of flowers.

She heard the hasty footsteps of what sounded like a human at godspeed.
Helloo world! Would you like a cookie?

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 07:21:01 AM »
As more and more thoughts jumbled her mind, the satori's mouth remained glued to place. The monstrous amount of sound that plagued her mind left her with a headache. She didn't know what to think anymore. The cold air wasn't helping relieve the aftershock of the mental cacophony of earlier.

What happened? How did she do that? What am I, again? I want to rest. It hurts. I want to be warm. I don't want it to hurt. I want sleep.

These, along with other mental moans and cries, filled the satori's mind. Letting go of the stone, she clutched her throbbing head, crying a broken whimper.

"Please make it stop," she said softly. Please make it stop. The grand palace up ahead seemed inviting. If it would get rid of all this discomfort, she would gladly enter it, no matter what the condition.

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 07:29:43 AM »
((Hey guys, timezones suck huh?))

The great suwa lake atop Youkai mountain, nighttime.

At the center of the lake is a weak glow, impossible to discern with a human eye. The source of the glow is a lone jellyfish floating around minding it's own business, as much as something can mind any sort of business without an actual mind... or business to attend to for that matter.

As time passes the glow somehow becomes stronger and stronger until it could easily be seen from the shore of the lake if anyone were to take their time to look. At the center of the light is still the same jellyfish... but now it's shape is changing.

The cap starts growing longer and longer, as does it's tendrils. Soon the creature is as big as a human child and the glow gets concentrated into one solitary point. At the center of the jellyfish a human shape starts appearing, the tendrils rearranging, forming it's hair.

The glow subsides revealing the newborn creature as a small girl, draped in what was previously it's body and now floating aimlessly across the lake with closed eyes.

A stream of impressions rushes into the newborn mind, including words that she'd never used or heard before.

"What... happened?"

The first thought was instantly replaced by another.

"Who... am I

The sound of falling water can be heard from the direction the girl is floating. An image appears in her head, floating silently.

"Ohuku" She speaks her first word

The sound is getting stronger, another image, entangling her pray in her tendrils.

"...Sushikisu" She finishes recalling her name, in the wrong order perhaps but it is her name.

The rushing sound now completely deafens her, she opens her eyes for the first time, just as she goes over the edge of the mountain, down the waterfall.

Falling A lone word enters her mind, and she knows it is bad.

She also gets the perfect response to the situation handed to her by her newly formed brain.

"Crap"
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:59:53 AM by Marokuu »
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 07:35:42 AM »
Sonae

Miko nodded. "I see. Well, Sayuri, please follow me." Miko led the girl out of the room, into the mausoleum proper. "This is the Dream Palace Great Mausoleum. This is where we reside. We being myself, Futo, Seiga, and her Jiang Shi, Yoshika."

"I see thou has awoken," came a voice from their left. They turned to see a girl with grey hair, a white robe, and a blue hat fly over to them. "I am Mononobe no Futo. What ist thine name?"

"...Sayuri," the girl repeated.

"I see. We shall prepare thee a proper place to rest whilst thee be in our company." She then flew off in another direction.

XinXin

A few seconds later, a silver-haired girl in a maid outfit appeared, with knives between her fingers. She gave the youkai a quick once-over, and put her knives away. "...You don't look dangerous. Who are you, why are you naked, and what are you doing in our garden?" The youkai girl was startled by the maid's frankness.

(OOC: Will get to the rest in the morning. Sorry, but it's 1:42 over here.)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 07:37:20 AM by Squawkakura Shouma »

XinXin

• Hakase Hakase Hakase!
  • Nano Nano Nano!
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 07:46:57 AM »
"What?!" The youkai immediately realised the cold breeze again, this time realising them in places that were better not specified. She quickly curled up into a fetal position, shielding where it mattered. "E-excuse me, my name is Mikan, Huang Mikan. I... don't know why I'm here or where I am." She looked around at her surroundings. "In fact, could you please tell me where I am?"
Helloo world! Would you like a cookie?

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 07:47:22 AM »
Arasoi looked at the moon, that Primal instinct kicking. However, he was able to resist the temptation to howl at the moon. Or maybe just hold it back. He looked at Mima's beautiful, let forlorn face. "I wonder what will happen to this place now..." She had said. Arasoi clicked his tongue.

"Um... To your earlier question... Im from Makai. And I was very different a few days before. I turned into this and... Well, came here. And then I met you, a wonderful, charming spirit. Who I doubt is evil."

Arasoi almost gulped down his bowl, but held back when he remembered something. "Oh... And what's the matter? You seem to be in deep thought."

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 08:10:00 AM »
The white-haired woman wraps her wings around her body, to accomodate the clothing. She snorts derisively at the mention of the word 'Tengu.' She doesn't like that word, but she can't recall why. Her mind seems hazy, somehow, disconected in a sense from the being she once was barely hours ago. The feeling of clothes on her skin is odd, although the warming sensation is welcome.
She looks around the room she's in. Even the sensation of being indoors is bizarre.

A name... "I... Minako. Yes, that's right. Minako Honjou." The name, at least, feels right in her mouth. Despite still not quite having command of standing, the pegasus takes a cue from her companion and sits down. "This form is... so strange. How do you people remain on your feet so easily, move so quickly? They're so... unbalanced. Two legs?" She pauses, despite the many questions on her mind, to try and maneuver her wings beneath her robe. The impact of her wings being restrained is extremely uncomfortable. "Do you..." What are the words to use? "Can you cut these... clothes? I dislike having my wings beneath them."

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 11:41:11 AM »
The impact of the floor did not faze her one bit, although it did catch her by surprise. Before she could take another step a voice calls her. Heal takes notice and warns the girl out of instinct, "Halt! Who goes....there?" Examining the possible youkai, she drops her stance as she approaches. Numerous thoughts run through her head, "Not exactly elegant, she's a dowser, or more likely, a scout. She doesn't really have much potential but maybe whoever sent her, I better get going before I fall desperate." Since she has nothing left to do, she asks the girl, "Alright, what is your purpose?" yet hesitates to make the obvious 'Take me to your leader' request, thinking it would ruin her principles.

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 02:17:27 PM »
(It's pretty hard to write something while watching 6 1/2 hours Star Trek)
*Where am I?*
She repeats herself.
*Where am I?*
She tried to open her eye's. But she can't. She feels only darkness around her. Neither warm nor cold. It is just empty darkness.
But still something is there. Something ... familiar. Hilde tries to reach it, but she couldn't. But she can't reach it. Fortunately, she notices that she came closer to it. Her strength is leaving her slowly, so she tries to reach it a second time.
Hilde grab it, all of a sudden something is pulling her downward. Before she's able to do something about it, she hits the ground. Her whole body hurts and she can't move. Hilde gasp for breath. She feels the dirt in her face and the air around feels warm and smells of pitch and sulfur. Her vision is still in a haze but she can see flames close by.
She notices that she's holding an object in her hands. It's a steel shaft. Even thought the steel is quite cold, she fells heartiness from it flowing into her body.
She feels the present of something coming closer. The present of a youkai. *What is this, it's coming fast. Move... move...*She tries to get up to face it, but her muscels doesn't follow her command.
She feels uncertainty about what coming. *Is this how I end?* She tries to focus all her strength to get herself up. "Aahhh" a quite scream comes out of her mouth. She were able to move an arm but the pain, that runs though her body, let her stop.

(edith says: since I'm bored I added some stuff)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:52:33 PM by German Flower Youkai »

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2011, 06:03:58 PM »
Crow Cakes

You were reading the minds of almost every single person in the city at once. Depends on what you mean by 'that'. You are a satori. You can rest in the palace up ahead. Come along. Satori grabbed the other satori's hand once more, and led her to the palace up ahead. The voices continued to recede out of her head until she could only hear a few, including her own. As they approached the palace, she noticed a large amount of animals. These are my pets. Most of them don't think in the same way that we do, so I can't read their minds. There are a few whose minds I can read, but only when they are in their humanoid forms.

As they entered the palace, a hint of irritation entered Satori's thoughts. I could tone some of it down, but it doesn't change the fact that I was also assaulted by those voices. I just didn't have it as badly as you did. She led the other satori to a sort of sitting room. You can sleep soon, we just need to work some things out first. As soon as she sat down, a red cat came running and climbed into her lap. Satori couldn't help but smile. ?Hello, Orin. Could you please fetch our guest some clothing?? The cat looked up at its master, then their guest, and climbed off of Satori's lap before running off into some hallway. Anyway, what would your name be? I didn't get a chance to ask you back there.

Marokuu

As Sushikisu fell, she became aware of a few things. First, that she didn't like not being in water. Second, that she felt differently. And third, that there were rocks at the bottom of this waterfall. These rocks were pointy and sharp, and would probably do a lot of bad things to her, or so she figured. She continued accelerating, until it looked like she would hit the bottom any second. She closed her eyes, not wanting to think about her impending doom. She hit something, and braced herself for the impending pain. It never came.

She looked down to see that a girl with white hair was carrying her. The girl carried her wordlessly, and brought her over to the shore, where she set Sushikisu. The girl then put her hands on her knees, panting. ?That was... close...? the girl said, as she looked up at the jellyfish. ?It's been a long time when I've had to fly that fast... Too bad Aya wasn't here.? She then regained her composure, as though nothing had happened. ?My name is Momiji Inubashiri, captain of the Tengu guard. Mind telling me what happened??

XinXin

The maid continued to give the girl an emotionless stare. ?You are trespassing on the grounds of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, home of The Scarlet Devil. Of course, if you don't know that, you probably came from the Outside World...? she trailed off.

The other girl looked at the maid, then shrugged. ?I don't think so. I think she's definitely a Youkai. Reminds me of home.? the girl smiled at Mikan. ?The name's Hong Meiling. Nice to meet you.?

The maid rolled her eyes. ?You're one of the only Youkai we've ever met that looks like a human and isn't a magician. Besides, what Youkai would just pop up like this, not knowing where she was??

?This is Gensokyo. You can't allow common sense to get in the way,? Meiling reminded her.

Youkai Jesus

Mima looked at him, then rolled her eyes with a smile on her face. ?My, aren't you the charmer. ? She sighed, then shook her head, eating some of the rice. ?Well, that shrine maiden I told you about? She's gone, and I have no clue where she went. I was wondering more about the shrine itself, but I'm also worried about what will happen to Gensokyo itself...?

Sourfang

Shou shrugged in response to Minako's first question. ?Eh, you get used to it after awhile. I had the same trouble as you did when I first became a Youkai, everyone does. I still think I felt more stable on four legs. As far as cutting slits goes...? She pursed her lips, then stood up. ?Let me go get something from the kitchen.?

She walked into another door, then returned less than a minute later with a kitchen knife in her hands. ?Hold still.? She walked over to Minako, and sat behind her. She felt around the pegasus's back for the wings, then pulled the robe back, cutting slits large enough for the wings and being sure not to cut the wings themselves. ?There, that should work for now until we get you some permanent clothing.?

GuardianTempest

The grey haired girl continued to stare at Heal with a bored expression. ?Nazrin. Shou dropped her Pagoda again, so I was fetching it for her.? She lifted up the pagoda to show the vassal. ?I was going to head back to the temple, but I heard you fall so I came to see what happened. You seem to be fine, though. You live around here??

German Flower Youkai

?Hey. You alright down there?? Came a voice from above. Hilde looked up to see a girl with blonde hair and a red horn looking at her. ?People don't normally jus' fall like that. What happened to ya?? Hilde sat up, trying to get a better look. The girl was wearing a simple shirt and a skirt, and was carrying some large dish, which she took a sip of every few seconds or so.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 08:06:52 PM by Squawkakura Shouma »

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 06:31:03 PM »
She had somehow survived falling out of the lake but she didn't feel quite comfortable yet, this new body of hers felt so strange, so alien. It had limbs and muscles and did not have the same simple shape as her old one.

She suddenly became aware of the presence beside her and slowly opened her eyes while letting her head fall to the side.

"I... You... What?...How did?... Where?" the words existed within her head but she could not find a way to properly structure them. She took a deep breath for the first time in her life, it felt oddly refreshing, before attempting to maneuver her body into a position where she could see her rescuer properly.

Said maneuvering mostly consisted of contracting random muscles, flopping around a bit before coming to a rest face down with her head towards Momiji.

"Mmph mhmph" talking into the ground wasn't the right way to do it either it seemed.

She raised her head above the ground and tried again, this time managing to both properly enunciate and stay coherent "Where am I? And what just happened?"

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 07:33:39 PM »
Sayuri watches as the gray hair girl flies off almost as abruptly as she had appeared. She doesn't say anything as she watches her depart, not that she would have known what to say.
After the girl is out of sight, she slowly turns back to Miko with a slightly questioning look.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2011, 08:00:11 PM »
Marokuu

"I was on patrol and noticed that you were falling from the waterfall, so I went to catch you. You're on Youkai Mountain right now. Now I have some questions of my own. Who are you, and..." Momiji fidgeted a bit, looking away, her face red. "...Er, never mind, let's just get you some clothes." She grabbed the jellyfish's wrist and began walking off with her. Ohuku looked around to see that they were in a vast forest. "Normally we could just fly up the mountain to get there, but if you could fly you probably wouldn't have fallen like that, so we'll have to take the long way around.:

After a few minutes of walking, they could hear a rustling sound. Momiji stood in front of Ohuku and drew her sword. "Don't do anything rash. There are a lot of dangerous Youkai in this forest." The rustling became louder and louder, until eventually two forms popped out of the trees. One of them was spinning, and holding on to the other one by the wrist. One had green hair and a green dress, while the other had red hair and was completely bare. Once the first one stopped spinning, she looked at Momiji and Ohuku and ducked behind the first, visibly embarrassed.

The green haired one was the first to speak up. "Oh? Momiji, I didn't know you were into that sort of thing..." a sly grin formed on her face. "Well then, I suppose I'll leave you... two... alone..." She slowly turned her head towards Ohuku.

"Don't try anything funny, Hina," Momiji said, moving forward.

"What? I wasn't going to do anything bad, I was just going to ask if I could take her misfortune..." Hina responded, puffing her cheeks out. "Anyway, what's with the naked chick?"

Momiji sighed. "Always jumping to conclusions... I found her falling from the waterfall, so I caught her. That's all. What about you?"

Hina was a bit disappointed at this. "I found her in the forest. She doesn't have a place to stay, so I'm going to keep her at my place for a bit."

Momiji couldn't help but snicker. "Hypocrite."

Sonae

Another voice. "My my, what have we here?" Sayuri turned to see a girl with blue hair and a blue dress float over. "I was wondering when you were going to wake up~"

"Seiga, this is Sayuri," Miko said, turning to the newcomer.

"Oh my, you're almost as cute as my Jiang Shi~" Seiga chimed, pinching Sayuri's cheeks. "I take it she'll be staying with us?"

"Of course. There must be some reason why she would form this fully, after all."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 08:06:22 PM by Squawkakura Shouma »

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2011, 08:17:59 PM »
"Youkai... mountain?" The word youkai seemed familiar for some reason.

"I am... my name" Ohuku's attempts to speak were cut short when Momiji dragged her off into the forest. They say experiencing is the best way to learn. Well, during the run through the forest Ohuku managed to learn several things such as, not falling over, not tripping on everything and not to hit her head on branches each by doing the aforementioned things and finding the unpleasant.

However when Momiji came to an abrupt halt she managed to surprise herself by reacting instantly, barely managing to avoid burying her nose in the tengu's lower back.

She didn't pay much attention to the conversation that followed, content with examining Momiji's back and curiously eyeing her tail.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2011, 08:30:50 PM »
Marokuu

Momiji sighed, and sheathed her sword. "Anyway, we should probably get going."

Hina pouted again. "Are you sure I can't take her misfortune?"

"You won't lay a hand on her," Momiji answered, putting her hand back on the sword's hilt."

"You're no fun..." Hina said, before grabbing Kanade by the wrist again and spinning off.

"...I fell sorry for that poor girl," Momiji mused. "Anyway, the village isn't far. Let's go." She grabbed Ohuku by the wrist once more, and resumed the running.

---

Eventually, the pair reached a large village. Taverns were open throughout the village, letting out light. "Here we are, the Tengu village." The village was full of both wolf and crow tengu, going about their business. Momiji led the jellyfish through the village, greeting people as they went. Eventually, they reached a small house. "Here we are. Home." The house itself was humble, but not run-down. They entered the house, and Momiji led Ohuku to the living room. "Wait here, I'll go get you some tea and clothes..." Momiji walked off to another room, leaving Ohuku alone.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 12:19:41 PM by Squawkakura Shouma »