Author Topic: Trickysticks' Harrowing Hall. New: Nothing Much.  (Read 15739 times)

Trickysticks

• What am I? TRICKYSTEAKS I AM!
  • A stick of the tricky variety.
Trickysticks' Harrowing Hall. New: Nothing Much.
« on: September 18, 2011, 09:10:51 PM »
Yes the title is ridiculous

Well, I'm a decent(if around six months of scripting makes you decent) scripter, and I've made this topic to share the nonsense I make with the world. Enjoy!

All Scripts Are 0.12m!

Current Scripts

By Me

Ex-RumiaClick me.  Curent Version: 6.0

Fast and Fail-Filled Video: Link
Somewhat Decent Video:  Decent Link.
After blundering around through tutorials and attempting to Google Translate error messages, I have this. It uses the default Rumia sprite(which means if you don't have the default Ex-Rumia script :/) and lots and lots of bullet rings. I hope it's not too simple :ohdear:. Features 12(Hard) or 8(Normal) spellcards, along with some nonspells, bonus spells and cheesy dialogue. For Danmakufu v0.12m. It's around 10 or so minutes long for hard mode, 5-6 for normal. Enjoy!

Completely pacifist friendly as of V6!

Khayoshia Script
Script I've made for kyuu/mewkyuu/whatever his name is now.
Link
Complete.

Nimono and Secant
Because Kyuu said it was a bad idea, I did it anyway!
Also the first time I'm releasing a(99%) complete script.
Link

Game Proof Of Concept Thing/Unfinished Stages
Well, I made a proof of concept a while ago for that game I'm in charge of(see here) and since someone asked me for the script, I'll release it. It's what you see in the video, and another stage that I never let anyone see. So secretive.

Credits: Mewkyuu for making the midboss and last Secant spells, and for general pessimism and support
Link to Script : Clicky

Video(second stage only): Clicky

Alice Alice needs more love. She got a script.
Link

Another long script, like Ex-Rumia. Not THAT long, though. I'm past the rings and aimed stuff phase.

Shinki-Sakuya Stage
Link
By Others

A short, currently imcomplete stage.

Ex-Rumia Imitation
By Kyuu. He imitates my Ex-Rumia script. With rather hilarious results. Also difficult results. If you're a robot.
Link

Upcoming Scripts

Kaguya Boss Fight
Because Kaguya is as flexible as Patchouli, I could just name everything New Impossible Request. -Sakuya StageTherefore she's getting a boss :C!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:30:35 PM by Trickysticks »
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: Trickysticks' Tricky Scripts
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 09:37:36 PM »
Quick-reference to Kyuu and Secant's commentary for Ex Rumia (v5.0).

Quote from: Secant.exe
Running replay "replay\Rumia Boss v1.7 Hard_replay00.dat"...

Loaded comments.

-----
Boss Fight initiated

First nonspell:
   An acceptable nonspell. Good for opening a boss fight.
First spell:
   Reasonable for a first spell, but might not be a good idea for a boss fight the length of an Extra-stage boss.
Second nonspell:
   The bubbles are not directly aimed. Seeking confirmation from user Trickysticks.
Second spell:
   It is highly suggested not to move through the medium-sized-bullet wall, even if there are gaps in it.
   The WHITE05 bullets are destroying my hitbox detection system.
Third nonspell:
   The red knives are not aimed. It is however somewhat hard to turn around when I reach the rightmost side of the screen.
Third spell:
   Only half of the purple knives are aimed.
   The white knives may be randomly aimed. Seeking confirmation from user Trickysticks.
Fourth spell:
   A combination of medium and large bullets can very easily break my hitbox detection system.
   This is demonstrated in the replay.
   User Kyuu has been reported to be able to capture this spellcard consistently.
Fourth nonspell:
   The red bullets seem to be aimed specifically at certain areas relative to the player. Seeking confirmation from user Trickysticks.

-----
Spell Rush initiated

First spell:
   The deletion of bullets may appear to humans as "weird" or "strangely placed".
   Otherwise, very good reproduction of Border of Wave and Particle.
Second spell:
   The title suggests a copy of one of Ran Yakumo's spellcards.
   However, the danmaku itself seems to hint at Nue Houjuu's Danmaku Chimera.
   Confusion on user Trickysticks' side detected.
Third spell:
   Rumia's shot hitbox may have been increased to cover the entire screen to allow the player to shoot at her for the entirety of the spellcard.
   Seeking confirmation from user Trickysticks.
Fourth spell:
   The title of the spellcard is nonsensical.
   Very simple for a spellcard this late into the boss fight, but user Trickysticks may have his reason.
   Furthermore, the previous three spellcards have been so-called "recollection" spellcards, as Satori Komeiji would call them.
   However, this spellcard does not match any of the ones found my spellcard library.
Fifth spell:
   The title suggests a combination of Double Spark and Milky Way, both spellcards owned by Marisa Kirisame.
   The Milky Way prediction was correct, but the Double Spark might not be immediately seen.
   Rather, the two lasers are merely "Narrow" Sparks.
Sixth spell:
   A regular "build-up" spellcard, somewhat like Yukari Yakumo's "Border of Life and Death".
   However, it seems to be much more colorful and easier to get clipdeaths to.

-----
Ending portion of boss fight initiated

First spell:
   User Kyuu's "remix" of Rumia's original theme from Embodiment of Scarlet Devil seems to have been used, played along with the original.
   Very good mixture of all of Rumia's spellcards from the previously mentioned Touhou game.
   However, I may have stopped working for a moment...
Second spell:
   The first portion still seems to be very difficult compared to the rest of the spellcard.
   It is probable that the second portion of the spellcard is one of the easier parts. However, some humans may find the rhythm to Rumia's movement very challenging to get used to.
   The third part of the spellcard seems to break my hitbox detection system as well, with the large bullets.
   Finally, the fourth and final part of the spellcard is the most "random" of all, effectively making it a copy of Sakuya Izayoi's "Eternal Meek" from Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. Not a very good ending to the boss fight.

-----
Ending replay "replay\Rumia Boss v1.7 Hard_replay00.dat".
Closing script "script\Trickysticks' Stuff\trickysticksscripts\Rumia Boss v1.7 Hard.txt".

-----

Evaluating script.

Final score: 79/100

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 11:07:58 AM »
Good to see people overcoming the lurking habit and posting their work. Always pleasing to see fresh scripts appearing.

Trickysticks

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 08:24:20 PM »
Rumia script is now V6.

Changelog: Tweaking, made some static elements random and made Youkai of Darkness harder.

For those who want to see the old one for some reason, here.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:33:35 PM by Trickysticks »
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 10:01:42 PM »
I'll go make a replay through Secant later, after I get home.

Trickysticks

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 03:09:36 AM »
Preview of impossible Secant script.

In which Kyuu's fictional robot makes a boss fight of himself which is a copy of my boss fight, which is in turn mostly a copy of other ZUN spells.

Link.

Yeah...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:12:17 AM by Trickysticks »

Trickysticks

Re: Trickysticks' Tricky Scripts(Edited 9/29: Imitation!)
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 06:28:09 AM »
Well, Kyuu completed an imitation of my script, which is mostly an imitation of ZUN spells. Righty.

Links are in the title post!

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
Re: Trickysticks' Tricky Scripts (Edited 9/29: Imitation!)
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 11:41:54 PM »
Well, sorry about taking so long, but I did say that I would post my comments on your battle as well.

I've never done this before so I apologize in advance if some of my comments are a little short.

1st Nonspell: A nice opener, perfect for a warmup.

1st Spell: Same as above mainly, just a little harder. A good first spell.

2nd Nonspell: A fun, yet tricky nonspell.

2nd Spell: Funny how just the addition of 2 more bullets aimed near you makes this one so much harder for me to capture. A fun spell, nonetheless though. I don't see any problems with it. And I love the snowflake concentration, nice touch.

3rd Nonspell: This one always takes me forever to finish. I don't know if it's intentional, but I always run the risk of getting impatient and ramming a knife. It could just be that I suck.

3rd Spell: A fun one for sure. A great test of reflexes. This one always gets me tense.

4th Spell: This one reminds me of Danmaku Paranoia, which was essentially a test of whether you know your hitbox. I think this is a bit more than that though thanks to the blue bubbles. A nice change of pace from the rest of the spells.

4th Nonspell: I used to think that firing almost every bullet type at once was a little BS until i realized that they're in the same relative position every time. Still, I always have a tough time with this one.

5th Spell: A nice remake of BoWaP. Not too difficult either. And you didn't leave a blind spot in the center like the original.

6th Spell: Although the name suggests "charming siege from all sides" the first thing that came to my mind was "mercury poison" with bubbles. Go figure. Anyway, I'm getting the feeling that you really like bubbles. A good, tricky spell regardless.

7th Spell: OH GOD I HATE THIS SPELL!!!! Well the original at least. This one isn't quite as evil as the laser bases don't move. I also agree with the change to upgrade Rumia's hitbox to "Letty type" for more reasons than one. Finally a doable version of this spell, but I'll probably still end up dying/bombing more often than not.

8th Spell: Very nice recreation. I was afraid that the semi random movement of the reflected bubbles would result in walls, but as far as I know that never really happened.

9th Spell: Though there are 2 sparks, its not quite double spark. Regardless, the lasers don't really seem to do much as I never have much reason to move from my starting position under the boss. Though I guess the lasers have an effect similar to the kunai in Danmaku Paranoia (I really reference this a lot, don't I?).

10th Spell: Wow, can't believe we have 10+ spells in a single battle. Well there's nothing much to say about this one, other than I seem to get clipped a lot. Maybe the bullets should be a little slower more like in Boundary of Life and Death. But this is coming from the guy who had trouble with the knife nonspell earlier on.

11th Spell: GAH! WHY AM I SO BAD AT THIS ONE! Almost every 3rd wave, the crisscrossing bullets get me, I've never had to deal with them moving so fast. I do seem to be getting better each time I try, though. Getting past my suckage, I love the combination of Rumia spellcards and the nostalgic music playing. Good way to end the battle.

12th Spell: Well, I'm waaaay too bad at this so I never got to try anything past the 1st wave. I did see the others through debug keys (please don't kill me, I was just curious). I like the variety in attacks a lot, especially the combination of Rumia's and Nazrin's spellcards. It is a fitting last spell, if a little long. I can't really speak to the difficulty of the later waves though.

I think I'll give this an 85/100. I had very little complaints about the battle.
P.S. I thought the dialogue was hilarious, much better than anything I could probably come up with (which is why I generally don't).

Trickysticks

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 12:11:14 AM »
5th Spell: A nice remake of BoWaP. Not too difficult either. And you didn't leave a blind spot in the center like the original.

Well, it's not very perfect. If the shots didn't delete themselves you'd get a death wall. Glad you liked it though.

6th Spell: Although the name suggests "charming siege from all sides" the first thing that came to my mind was "mercury poison" with bubbles. Go figure. Anyway, I'm getting the feeling that you really like bubbles. A good, tricky spell regardless.

Yeah, I just didn't want to name it Demarcation or anything, since the purpose was copying everything, including the kitchen sink.

7th Spell: OH GOD I HATE THIS SPELL!!!! Well the original at least. This one isn't quite as evil as the laser bases don't move. I also agree with the change to upgrade Rumia's hitbox to "Letty type" for more reasons than one. Finally a doable version of this spell, but I'll probably still end up dying/bombing more often than not.

I hate it too. I made this after I played UFO(and died to Shou, go figure) as a sort of training. Of course, it's easier.

8th Spell: Very nice recreation. I was afraid that the semi random movement of the reflected bubbles would result in walls, but as far as I know that never really happened.

Well, it's aimed at you, more or less. I find it quite fun.

11th and 12th spells are meant to be ridiculously hard, to tell the truth. I won't kill you for the debug keys  :derp:, since I used them once or twice while testing. Frustration is the best.

Rumia IS serious about those bonus spells. There are..four, I think?

As for the dialogue, I guess I just have a knack for writing funny things. The title of Rumia's last spell shows that a bit more.

Thanks for reviewing!

Anyway, I think I'll probably remake the Ex-Rumia script. I made it when I had 3 weeks of experience, so imagine what I can do now!

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 02:53:41 AM »
You gotta see how my imitation of Trickysticks' is. It makes the original ExRumia look a lot easier. Go try it.

ExPorygon

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 06:21:24 PM »
I've already seen the video of it, but have yet to try it myself. If it's anything like the other stuff I've seen from you, I'll probably never clear it.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 06:22:19 PM »
Hah. Um, I've been working to make the easier mode easier, but I'm having a bit of trouble with it right now. It'll get a patch, not to worry.

ExPorygon

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 06:55:36 PM »
Well alright, the script isn't impossible, I apologize for assuming it was. But I'm not nearly good enough for it yet. Still, there were a lot of awesome variations on Tricky's ideas. And the music is cool, too. Where did you get it? Did you make it yourself? I've never heard it before.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 07:16:21 PM »
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15509429
Here's the bgm for the easier mode.

As for the Luna Dial remix, I forgot where I found it. But someone linked me to it.

Also, for my next update, I'm creating an even easier mode than "for humans". It's gonna be... yeah. "For dogs".

http://bulletforge.org/u/mewkyuu/p/trickysticks-ex-rumia-script-bot-label/v/v11

Update.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:21:28 PM by Konyllis »

Trickysticks

Re: Trickysticks' Tricky Scripts! New: Khayoshia
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 10:14:40 PM »
Added latest version of the bot label to the title post.

Also, Khayoshia! Script I'm making for kyuu/konyllis.

Trickysticks

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 02:20:49 AM »
Khayoshia has been updated to version two, also put the correct link for everything.

ExPorygon

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 03:42:28 AM »
Fist off, I must say the BGM is epic. I don't know where your getting these tracks but they're awesome.

1st Nonspell: Well this is interesting. The bullet rings freaked me out at first. I'm assuming that was the intention. Well, it does a great job of distracting me from the other bullets, making for a very unique nonspell and a nice taste of what's to come.

1st Spell: This is probably just my inability to dodge things coming from all directions at once, but I can't capture this. It is short, so I'll probably get it if I keep at it, but I don't think I'll be able to get it consistently. A nicely designed spell though. Simple, yet effective.

2nd Nonspell: Looks like the nonspells (or all the attacks really) are designed to screw with your mind. Very Reisen-like. Musings aside, like the first, this one does its job well.

2nd Spell: WHA-WHA-WHAT IS GOING ON! I love the mind screw idea for this one, though the bubbles keep killing me. Again, I probably could dodge them just fine if they came from the top or something though.

3rd Nonspell: Ok, for this one the only problem I have is that the knives will very often spawn on the player if he/she doesn't know they're coming. Or at least they killed me that way multiple times. Maybe add some more delay to the knives?

3rd Spell: Another cool idea that's really well done here. It's also in keeping with the theme for the battle. No complaints for this one.

4th Nonspell: Same problem as the 3rd one, though not as bad here.

4th Spell: Ok, the concept for this spell is pretty cool, as were the rest. However, there are a couple of issues I ran into. First off, the boss started firing during the cut in. This isn't really an issue but it's a little odd. Perhaps add a little more wait time before firing? Secondly, while I was trying to shoot the boss I realized that I wasn't doing any damage. I thought that maybe this was a survival card until I noticed that every once in a while it's health would drop inexplicably. It took me a couple of minutes to find out that the hitbox is actually in the center of the screen rather than centered on the boss as usual. Knowing this, I was then able to capture it, but I think that there should be some way to alert the player that the hitbox isn't on the boss, assuming that the center hitbox was intentional.

Overall: I really can't wait to see the finished product so I'll hold my overall score until then. It's got a lot of really unique tricky mind screw elements. It would seem that you're living up to your name, this is quite a tricky script :p

Trickysticks

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 06:16:13 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.

BGM is Scarlet Phoneme, Remastered. I do like my PC-98 music. Other good sources are Paper Mario and Earthbound.
The 2nd Spell changes depending on whether or not you're focused.
I'll fix the delay on the others.
As for the 4th spell, I guess I could have a ghostly glow there or something.

Other tidbits:
Second spell changes depending on whether or not you're focused.
Third spell's background spins faster.
Fourth spell's spins backwardsssss.

Version 3 is out. Changes somewhat cheap things.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 08:24:52 PM by Trickysticks »

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 11:59:32 PM »
Wow, this was a crazy fight!
I think the bullet changing is clever, but it's so awkwardly sudden that as a challenge, it doesn't feel as good. You could try making the bullets actually spawn a new bullet so that there's a short delay glow.

Trickysticks

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 09:34:49 PM »
I decided to take pity on you mortals people and add a second difficulty, as well as tone down one thing and make other things harder.

http://bulletforge.org/u/trickysticks/p/khayoshia-fight/v/35 latest version.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:20:20 AM by Trickysticks »

Trickysticks

Re: Trickysticks' Tricky Scripts! New: Double Battle
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 05:22:10 AM »
New script: Nimonoandsecant.rar.

Things of note:
It's a double battle.
I also tested out some things:
Timer sounds(for when it's below 10).
Timing out a card gets you the spell bonus anyway! Go pacifists!

Link is in the title post.

ExPorygon

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
All right, I guess I should start Khayoshia:

1st Nonspell: Didn't notice a whole lot of differences, even between the difficulties. But I didnt have a problem with it before so that's fine.
1st Spell: Something about bullets coming from all sides at once just throws me, I don't know why. It seems easier, but I don't know if that's just because I'm getting better at it. Don't get me wrong, it's not too hard, I'm just really bad at it.
2nd Nonspell: I don't notice any differences here (though this is probably because it's been so long since I've played the old version) so my previous comments stand.
2nd Spell: I've finally gotten this one down! I don't know why I used to stay in the middle, but once i started dodging from the bottom, my life became much easier. It may look cheap with the changing bullets, but it's actually a really fair and fun spellcard, once you know what to expect. Nice Job!
3rd Nonspell: The delayed knives make this much better. Other than that, I'm not picking out any obvious changes.
3rd Spell: This one is one of my favorites (perhaps because I'm actually good enough to can do it consistently). It's a really cool idea for a spell. Now, I'm not sure if this is intentional, but due to the auto deletion of bullets, if the ring spawns too low on the screen (if the player is too low) some of the ring will be deleted before getting near the player.
4th Nonspell: Again, the delayed knives make all the difference.
4th Spell: Now that I know how it works, this one is a lot of fun. I approve of the changes, they make it necessary to circle around the screen, which is what was probably intended from the start.
5th Spell: Well, I'm going to have to ask you where this awesome music came from now, too. Anyway, it's a tough, multi-layered spell perfect for ending a battle. I don't have any problems with it other than the lack of warning for the giant ring of red bullets, although they never seem to hit me. Are they aimed around you? If so, then I guess the lack of warning would be warranted.

Anyway, great script.

I'll get to giving you feedback on double battle soon (great concept by the way)

P.S. Sorry I've been so late with this, I was busy with Doopliss (though that's really a poor excuse). I'll try to be more prompt next time.

Trickysticks

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 06:42:54 PM »
All right, I guess I should start Khayoshia:

1st Nonspell: Didn't notice a whole lot of differences, even between the difficulties. But I didnt have a problem with it before so that's fine.
The difference between every nonspell is that the random spam from the top of the screen works differently. They're on an angle++ esque thing, so they spin in circles. It's hard to explain, but I think it's easier.
1st Spell: Something about bullets coming from all sides at once just throws me, I don't know why. It seems easier, but I don't know if that's just because I'm getting better at it. Don't get me wrong, it's not too hard, I'm just really bad at it.
There's less bullets and a slightly higher delay on the aqua ones. For some reason. I thought it would help  :3
2nd Nonspell: I don't notice any differences here (though this is probably because it's been so long since I've played the old version) so my previous comments stand.
Same as the first
2nd Spell: I've finally gotten this one down! I don't know why I used to stay in the middle, but once i started dodging from the bottom, my life became much easier. It may look cheap with the changing bullets, but it's actually a really fair and fun spellcard, once you know what to expect. Nice Job!
That's what was intended ^_^.
3rd Nonspell: The delayed knives make this much better. Other than that, I'm not picking out any obvious changes.
See first again.
3rd Spell: This one is one of my favorites (perhaps because I'm actually good enough to can do it consistently). It's a really cool idea for a spell. Now, I'm not sure if this is intentional, but due to the auto deletion of bullets, if the ring spawns too low on the screen (if the player is too low) some of the ring will be deleted before getting near the player.
I meant to increase the auto delete clip, but eh. I personally like this one too.
4th Nonspell: Again, the delayed knives make all the difference.
4th Spell: Now that I know how it works, this one is a lot of fun. I approve of the changes, they make it necessary to circle around the screen, which is what was probably intended from the start.
Also, the name of the spell is a reference to something. I did intend for you to circle around the screen. Additionally, you can shoot both the boss and the center.
5th Spell: Well, I'm going to have to ask you where this awesome music came from now, too. Anyway, it's a tough, multi-layered spell perfect for ending a battle. I don't have any problems with it other than the lack of warning for the giant ring of red bullets, although they never seem to hit me. Are they aimed around you? If so, then I guess the lack of warning would be warranted.
I forgot where it came from, actually. Someone showed it to me. The giant bullets are aimed around you. Feel free to borrow until you die use music from the stuff I make.

Anyway, great script.

I'll get to giving you feedback on double battle soon (great concept by the way)

P.S. Sorry I've been so late with this, I was busy with Doopliss (though that's really a poor excuse). I'll try to be more prompt next time.
Don't worry, it's not like there's a deadline for these. You don't even need to if you don't want to  :V.

See bold text.

Trickysticks

Re: Trickysticks' Tricky Scripts! New: Double Battle && Unfinished Stages
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 04:41:28 AM »
Uh....

Since I'm on a spree of releasing scripts I've forgotten to release, have the last one.

Unfinished Stages!

You know, that stage I made for Worldwide War? Well, you can play it if you really want to. Has a bonus Marisa stage.

Link is in the title pos- Stop being lazy dangit
Script URL is http://bulletforge.org/u/trickysticks/p/two-unfinished-stages/v/1

Shockman

• Some idiot
  • I can't believe I got this account back .|.|.
Re: Trickysticks' Wintry Wasteland! New: Double Battle && Unfinished Stages
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 02:45:33 AM »
Review for Nimono and Secant

Nonspell 1: Good. LOL YOSHIKA (10/10)
Spell 1: Kind of easy, interesting concept though. (8/10)
Nonspell 2: VERY easy compared to the first one. (8/10)
Spell 2: Red bullets are a little fast. (7/10)
Nonspell 3: I'm starting to realize how similiar these nonspells are to Seiga's. Also, it's hard to hit the boss when he is moving around so much. (5/10)
Spell 3: This seems more like a nonspell than a spell to me. You should add some more variety. (7/10)
Nonspell 4: Same problem, I can't hit the boss while avoiding all of those bullets. (7/10)
Spell 4: It's hard to see the yellow lasers coming, otherwise good. (8/10)
Spell 5: Very creative. (10/10)

TOTAL: 70/90 (77%)

Overall Comments: This is an okay script. Some attacks had great patterns, but others were kind of bland. With some editing, this could turn out to be a great script!

Trickysticks

Re: Trickysticks' Wintry Wasteland! New: Alice!
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 08:45:22 AM »
New mini-script: Alice.

Features dolls, bullets, tsundere-ness, dolls, bullets, and bullets!

Really: Three nonspells, three spells. Last one isn't done, but whatever.

Link is in the title post, under Alice

ExPorygon

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 06:25:18 PM »
Yay, new scripts!

Review:

1st Nonspell: Good pattern. Not too easy, not to difficult and nice to look at. No complaints here.
1st Spell: Like the use of Alice's dolls. Only (possible) complaint is that it seemed a bit too easy. I don't know if this was intentional but I've captured it every time I've tried.
2nd Nonspell: Decent variation on the first. Though I can't spot any differences from the first other than the aimed bullet type change. However, one play through had Alice move farther and farther away from me and ended up screen-wrapping. Was that intentional? Becuase it doesn't usually happen.
2nd Spell: Cool concept! Were you thinking of Fairy Wars extra stage when you made this perhaps? Because it certainly reminded me of it. There may be a problem though with where the doll ring spawns. When it spawns on or near Alice, nearly all of the bullets going in your direction are erased, allowing the player to not have to move at all. With some good luck, a player would be able to capture this almost without moving.
3rd Nonspell: Another nice pattern, and the difficulty has ramped up this time, as it should. Nice job.
3rd Spell: A difficult card. I haven't captured it yet. The streaming and the lasers make it sort of difficult (for me) to stay under Alice, making the spell take forever. I'd recommend lowering the life just a tad.

Overall, another fun script. Great job!

Trickysticks

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 09:06:05 PM »
Yay, new scripts!

Review:

1st Nonspell: Good pattern. Not too easy, not to difficult and nice to look at. No complaints here.
1st Spell: Like the use of Alice's dolls. Only (possible) complaint is that it seemed a bit too easy. I don't know if this was intentional but I've captured it every time I've tried.
You're not the only one who's told me that, soooo making harder
2nd Nonspell: Decent variation on the first. Though I can't spot any differences from the first other than the aimed bullet type change. However, one play through had Alice move farther and farther away from me and ended up screen-wrapping. Was that intentional? Becuase it doesn't usually happen.
Thanks to using a random movement thing, I needed her to wrap to the other side. So, I made a horrible function to do that.
2nd Spell: Cool concept! Were you thinking of Fairy Wars extra stage when you made this perhaps? Because it certainly reminded me of it. There may be a problem though with where the doll ring spawns. When it spawns on or near Alice, nearly all of the bullets going in your direction are erased, allowing the player to not have to move at all. With some good luck, a player would be able to capture this almost without moving.
I'll make it spawn only below her Y, then.
3rd Nonspell: Another nice pattern, and the difficulty has ramped up this time, as it should. Nice job.
Still needs tweaking, all the dolls explode in the same place. Bad dolls :(.
3rd Spell: A difficult card. I haven't captured it yet. The streaming and the lasers make it sort of difficult (for me) to stay under Alice, making the spell take forever. I'd recommend lowering the life just a tad.
It's supposed to be her last spell, and it's still not finished, relatedly. As I add more attacks, it'll be pushed back.

Overall, another fun script. Great job!
YAY.

ExPorygon

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 11:58:22 PM »
It's supposed to be her last spell, and it's still not finished, relatedly. As I add more attacks, it'll be pushed back.

Ah, that makes more sense. The length is justified then. I eagerly look forward to more.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2011, 12:18:55 AM »
The big problem with the second card is that I don't have to be inside the circle, as long as the ring protects my general direction. I'm not sure how you would fix that, but it would be a lot better of a card if you could.