Author Topic: Trickysticks' Harrowing Hall. New: Nothing Much.  (Read 15775 times)

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
Re: Trickysticks' Wintry Wasteland! New: Alice!
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 01:35:02 AM »
The big problem with the second card is that I don't have to be inside the circle, as long as the ring protects my general direction. I'm not sure how you would fix that, but it would be a lot better of a card if you could.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. I also wasn't sure if that was intentional or not.

Trickysticks

• What am I? TRICKYSTEAKS I AM!
  • A stick of the tricky variety.
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 01:45:22 AM »
Usually, things that seem wrong tend to not be intentional with me ;<.

Alice V.3 is up.

http://bulletforge.org/u/trickysticks/p/alice-boss-battle/v/3
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »
blah
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 05:48:35 AM by alt-kyuu-kyuu »

Trickysticks

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 04:25:33 AM »
^ Kyuu that was the beta I only gave to youuu

Updated Alice some more!

I didn't like the bomb shelter spell, it was rather...gimmicky. So it's gone, replaced with a more generic one.
General tweaks, and extending. I'm still not satisfied with the last spell, though. I might make a patch for it.
Otherwise go download it.

http://bulletforge.org/u/trickysticks/p/alice-boss-battle/v/5

Also in title post.
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: Trickysticks' Dusty Dairy! New: Alice(UPDATED)!
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 05:56:55 AM »
V5 review.

NS01: Ok. (10/10)
SP01: Uh... ok? A bit too simple. (9/10)
NS02: Same as earlier. Same thing but easier. (9/10)
SP02: Too much like Spring Kyoto Dolls. (7/10)
NS03: Rings. (9/10)
SP03: Survival. What, seriously? Also somehow the music synced with the event :V (8/10)
NS04: Ok nonspell. (9/10)
SP04: Blah blah blah five magic stones this is stupid, also stupid lasers  (4/10)
SP05: Bahaha extra stage nothing to see here. (5/10)
NS05: An Alice noncard! (9/10)
SP06: Complete Clarification. Blah blah blah. (7/10)
SP07: If this weren't Hourai Dolls, this would be a great Alice spell. Colourful enough, at least. I can't shoot this down as ReimuA. (6/10)

Hell, I can't shoot anything down as quickly as I want to (15 seconds compared to the 35~45 seconds)

Overall: An Alice script. Yawn~ Also yay I'm now Alice's apprentice in minedollcraft. (92/120. 76.66%)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:26:28 PM by alt-kyuu-kyuu »

ExPorygon

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2011, 01:19:22 AM »
Review of V5:

1st Nonspell: Ok, good simple opener.
1st Spell: I like this one, I don't mind it being simple since it's still early in the fight. It's a great warmup for what's to come. And it's not quite as easy as before so good.
2nd Nonspell: Other than a bullet change, there isn't much here different from the first.
2nd Spell: I have to agree with Kyuu here, it's very similar to Spring Kyoto Dolls. In fact, I really can't spot the difference. I know the other one was kind of broken, but I still liked the idea. But without a way to warn the player, I suppose it wouldn't work. Oh well.
3rd Nonspell: Feels a bit easy, it's really just streaming, isn't it? Not necessarily a bad thing since it's not really mindless boring streaming.
3rd Spell: Surprise survival. It's fairly short, so I don't mind it being mid battle. Feels kind of easy but again, not necessarily bad. I still like the spell.
4th Nonspell: A nice change up getting just a little bit tougher. However, it isn't much harder than the first couple of nonspells (IMO).
4th Spell: I don't care it it's like 5 magic stones, I still liked this spell. It's pretty unique compared to others that I've seen. The only thing I have to complain about would be the lack of delay between phases. That got me killed one when the lasers appeared without warning.
5th Spell: Good recreation of the last spell. I didn't recognize it until Alice mentioned it though. (I'm so bad at PC-98 I still haven't 1cced MS yet).
5th Nonspell: Not sure what's up with the long delay before firing, but otherwise this is my favorite of the nonspells. Nice job!
6th Spell: This spellcard always makes me think of Christmas. Anyway, nice job with it, it adds a nice bit of variety to the battle.
7th Spell: Good ending to the battle, it feels like Alice's last spell from PCB, but still manages to be different and fitting to a final spellcard.

Overall, I liked the battle a lot. I'm never quite sure of giving away numerical ratings so I'll hold off on that for now, maybe come up with one later.

Trickysticks

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2011, 02:07:21 AM »
Review of V5:

1st Nonspell: Ok, good simple opener.
1st Spell: I like this one, I don't mind it being simple since it's still early in the fight. It's a great warmup for what's to come. And it's not quite as easy as before so good.
2nd Nonspell: Other than a bullet change, there isn't much here different from the first.
2nd Spell: I have to agree with Kyuu here, it's very similar to Spring Kyoto Dolls. In fact, I really can't spot the difference. I know the other one was kind of broken, but I still liked the idea. But without a way to warn the player, I suppose it wouldn't work. Oh well.
The difference is in how the bullets are shot, and how quickly they're shot. Still similar, though. I wanted something a bit familiar  :V
3rd Nonspell: Feels a bit easy, it's really just streaming, isn't it? Not necessarily a bad thing since it's not really mindless boring streaming.
It's total streaming, go me.
3rd Spell: Surprise survival. It's fairly short, so I don't mind it being mid battle. Feels kind of easy but again, not necessarily bad. I still like the spell.
4th Nonspell: A nice change up getting just a little bit tougher. However, it isn't much harder than the first couple of nonspells (IMO).
4th Spell: I don't care it it's like 5 magic stones, I still liked this spell. It's pretty unique compared to others that I've seen. The only thing I have to complain about would be the lack of delay between phases. That got me killed one when the lasers appeared without warning.
I tried to warn you, I suppose. There's a laser that appears right at the beginning of the phase that doesn't materialize, to make you move anyway. In other words, I tried tricking you =P
5th Spell: Good recreation of the last spell. I didn't recognize it until Alice mentioned it though. (I'm so bad at PC-98 I still haven't 1cced MS yet).
In version 5+, it's completely different, if not better. I find the old one BS  :ohdear:
5th Nonspell: Not sure what's up with the long delay before firing, but otherwise this is my favorite of the nonspells. Nice job!
I dun goofed.
6th Spell: This spellcard always makes me think of Christmas. Anyway, nice job with it, it adds a nice bit of variety to the battle.
That was the intention~
7th Spell: Good ending to the battle, it feels like Alice's last spell from PCB, but still manages to be different and fitting to a final spellcard.
It dissapoints me, sadly. Maybe I could've added more waves. Oh well.

Overall, I liked the battle a lot. I'm never quite sure of giving away numerical ratings so I'll hold off on that for now, maybe come up with one later.

Yay review!

Anyway, Alice is more or less finished. I'm working on another boss from the PC-98 era. Hooray for surprises.

ExPorygon

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2011, 03:51:29 AM »
Ah I see, how did I miss that more recent version? I just played it and I'll just say that I liked the changes. Oh one more thing, since I like to use the MarisaA player I actually had a tendency to accidentally skip the dialogues by shooting during the conversation. For some reason, some player scripts that use lasers are still able to hit things during dialogue. As a precaution I make my bosses immune to damage during events. Just letting you know.

Edit: Now I remember why the laser part in 5 Magic Dolls killed me. It was because the dot bullets from the previous 2 dolls weren't deleted upon their death, sort of trapping me when the lasers showed up.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:58:09 AM by Ozzy »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2011, 05:36:14 AM »
I'm working on another boss from the PC-98 era. Hooray for surprises.

it'd better not be something overused like five magic stones or mima or shinki or alice or alice

Also, is the Alice script updated AGAIN?
At this rate I'd be downloading a version a day. (Then again I could just stop downloading the beta versions you throw at me on irc.)

Shockman

• Some idiot
  • I can't believe I got this account back .|.|.
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2011, 06:05:58 AM »
it'd better not be something overused like five magic stones or mima or shinki or alice or alice

Spoiler:
heh

Trickysticks

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2011, 04:27:11 AM »
A post in which I revive this topic to post a script that's not done. Yay. I tend to do that alot.

Shinki-Sakuya Stage!

Featuring Shinki as the midboss, Sakuya as the boss, and a short stage portion.

I'm only releasing this since I have scripter's block and can't think of Sakuya spells. SUGGEST SOME!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 03:43:35 PM by Trickysticks »

Yusukeisbestpairing

• Cookie-liker of all Humankind
  • I like cookies. No seriously.
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2011, 05:02:41 PM »
Script was nice :3

For Spell Suggestions...

Maid - Cleaning the Hallway

Let Sakuya Spawn thousands of familiars that move really wierdly aroun and let them shoot spirals of knives.

The Actual Attack is:
Sakuya spawns mulitple blue water bulletz down, then later shoots an white laser (Supposed to be an mop) and moves from left to right to remove them (they split um in multiple water bullets)

Explaining this seems a lil confusing, so ill pm you screenshots of how its supposed to be :3

ExPorygon

Re: Trickysticks' Dusty Dairy! New: Sakuya and Shinki!
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2011, 07:16:33 AM »
Alright, I'll refrain from commenting on anything that hasn't been noticeably changed from the last time I saw it.

2nd Spell: Ok, I like the added knives, there was a lot more to dodge through this time. However, although there were more bubbles, they still didn't feel like a threat. What Sakuya does in EoSD is force you to dodge the bubbles and the knives at the same time right after the timestop. I think ZUN does this by lowering the speed of the bubbles right after the timestop, but I'm not sure. What you could do here is fire the bubbles a little later than they are now, or simply fire the knives sooner. Note that this change isn't that necessary, the spell is fine, I just find it a bit easy to do. But that is totally fine, they can't all be super hard. It's entirely up to you.

3rd Spell: Oh you didn't..... Of course you just had to add more Yumeko knives, DIDN'T YOU The changes are fine, I was happy with it before, too. Just note that adding the additional yellow knife wave takes away dodging the aimed knives, unless of course you were to make the spell longer but that's up to you.

4th Nonspell: Ok, I like this pattern, though it is very scary the first time you see it. Looks can be deceiving however, and is rather simple upon further inspection. However, it is still difficult, more so than the previous nonspells. Good job.

5th Nonspell: Great. Just great, all of Sakuya's annoying nonspells in one convenient place. I don't really have too much to say here other than nice recreation/combination of Sakuya's nonspells from EoSD. It felt a little easier than the last, but that's probably just me being intimidated by the last one, while this is one that looks familiar.

Curious as to why there were no spellcards added, but everyone works on their projects a little differently I suppose. Nice work, I look forward to more in the future.

P.S. Almost forgot to mention that you left the Alice script description in the Shinki-Sakuya stage description, but you would have probably noticed that eventually.

P.P.S. Also forgot to mention the that you might want to make the bubbles in "Chain of Creation" bomb resistant, as dying or bombing at a particular time removes all bullets from the screen.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 07:20:49 AM by Ozzy »

Trickysticks

Re: Trickysticks' Dusty Dairy! New: Sakuya and Shinki!
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2012, 09:58:16 PM »
A hint as to what I'm doing.

So yeah, I'll just copy and give last words difficulties. It's mostly me testing myself to see how good I am at balancing scripts/copying stuff. Shinki-Sakuya is sorta on hold, but it's near completion.