Author Topic: PCB Extra Walk-through Video (HD lol)  (Read 7669 times)

Yoslime

• Like embarrassing me, huh?
PCB Extra Walk-through Video (HD lol)
« on: July 10, 2009, 02:48:40 PM »
Hey, it's been a while, guys.
Not long ago I've succeeded to beat PCB Extra without deaths, and I had been making a walk-through of it.
Yesterday I finished the clip, uploaded on YouTube as usual.
I'm glad I could deliver it in HD resolution.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7-SZ-3m1Sw&hd=1
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGloRk-z3jc&hd=1

If you have any feedback, feel free to write to me!

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
Re: PCB Extra Walk-through Video (HD lol)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 08:50:24 PM »
Just one question. How do people get Touhou videos in HD on Youtube? They are pretty much always running in 640x480 in fullscreen/window if it's not the later games.
Take me to your library, give me your spellbooks.

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 09:08:16 PM »
I can't watch it at the moment, but your SA Extra walkthrough was excellent, and I have no doubts that this one will be great as well.

Just one question. How do people get Touhou videos in HD on Youtube? They are pretty much always running in 640x480 in fullscreen/window if it's not the later games.

Well, there are various methods, but they generally entail using an external program to re-size your game window, or adding a "letterbox" to the video to a size YouTube recognizes as HD.  If you want more details, post a topic in the Tech Support forum.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 10:01:03 PM »
FAR TOO MUCH MATH.

Very impressive though. Makes it a science.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 10:19:39 PM »
Quote from: LiteYear
Well, there are various methods, but they generally entail using an external program to re-size your game window, or adding a "letterbox" to the video to a size YouTube recognizes as HD.  If you want more details, post a topic in the Tech Support forum.

It is actually far more easier.

Render it to 1280x720 resolution (even if it contains blackbars or edit them yourself out). Youtube automatically picks it up as HD and allows HD view.

Edit:
I never played PCB Extra mode, but I can say this is very awesome and easy to understand. Props Yoslime for your patience and editing. Very nice tutorial.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 10:32:08 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 10:33:03 PM »
here's a tutorial that shows how to do it

the guy has terrible grammar and his photobucket is down, but it should explain it well enough:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=83814

Heartbeam

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 10:49:34 PM »
Nothing constructive to add aside from what appears to be a minor explanation error around 0:53 when you say to move to the upper left as opposed to the right.  Anyhow, your explanations for Ran's 6th and 7th noncard were amazing.  That'll be great incentive to touch up on Extra soon.

Drake

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 11:18:29 PM »
Yeah, I had them figured out anyways, but was lightbulb when the math showed up.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 12:32:33 AM »
This video is PURE TUTORIAL SEX.
The funny thing is that even before getting a decent stage part, I already had a method to consistently capture Blue Oni Red Oni. But then, that was the only thing I could do. :V

Gpop

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 01:37:33 AM »
About Oni Sign "Red Oni Blue Oni"

There are two methods of doing it. For me, the easiest way is horizontal grazing while dodging the stray bullets.

But the FASTEST way is vertical grazing directly below Chen. I find it harder though because I'm not used to doing such this method as much, but it's basically the same =/.

Yoslime

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 01:01:35 PM »
Thanks for the comments, folks.

>about HD
The original raw video in my PC is coded with H.264, resolution of 1280*960 (it's huge lol) and it seems YouTube automatically converts it into 960*720 when uploaded.

>math
Yeah, that 'math' part is pretty complicated, that's my best effort to describe in simple expressions. It's pretty usual for me to take more than an hour to write a segment because I'm a Japanese, and that's why my English is sometimes weird, hehe.

>Blue Oni Red Oni
I skip this spell most of the time because I'm quite bad at it for some reason.
Every time I fail, it greatly discourages me. And on that run, I focused to not die.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 01:14:59 PM by Yoslime »

ghost333

• A retired Lunatic
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 02:47:56 PM »
can i request a Phantasm guide?
i can clear it ,
but i lose to a lot of stupid places, mostly becuase i am not familiar with the attacks.

Drake

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 03:25:50 PM »
It's pretty usual for me to take more than an hour to write a segment because I'm a Japanese, and that's why my English is sometimes weird, hehe.
Yeah but you sound like ZUN when you comment and it's sexy.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Yoslime

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 09:35:49 AM »
Yeah but you sound like ZUN when you comment and it's sexy.

Haha thanks, but I think it's an excessive praise. :D
Personally I have the utmost respect for ZUN (who here doesn't?) as a storywriter, programmer, composer, artist (trust me, ZUN-style drawing is cute.) and gamer.
I was impressed when I've read his philosophy of game creation from omake text of Imperishable Night (regarding "spellcard feature" as a pell-melled method of gaming system and dramatics).

>Phantasm
Yeah, actually I'm planning PH as my next walk-through video.
Hold on, it's a 2-month work... ::)