Author Topic: Touhou is NOT an anime!  (Read 95002 times)

KomeijiKoishi

Touhou is NOT an anime!
« on: July 10, 2009, 10:08:16 AM »
Recently, somebody wrote AGAIN a comment on a Touhou video asking which anime this is. After freaking out, I came to the idea of making a video, in which Touhou fans say "Touhou is NOT an anime!" in several languages. I'm pretty sure that this idea will died rather quickly because nobody's interested, but I thought I'd try it anyways.

I could do the German phrase BTW.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Touhou is NOT an anime!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 10:33:34 AM »
I understand your frustration but do you really think it would work? Also I don't quite the problem either. The question: What anime/manga would be most common as generally most of the time they are anime or manga.

Though I could help with the Dutch and Turkish phrase =P
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 10:37:11 AM by Helepolis »

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 10:38:47 AM »
One, don't assume that, bad. Two, Touhou IS an anime now, technically. Three, go on, Touhoes must be multilingual.
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 10:52:30 AM »
@Helepolis:
I'm not like "If we are gonig to do this, nobody will post a comment like that anymore". I just thought it might be a funny idea. I was never the person who thinks before he talks.

@lgb:
Yeah, NOW. But even before Maikaze we had comments like this.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 11:02:43 AM »
I really don't think half the Touhou "fans" would touch the actual games with a 29 1/2 pole, so
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 11:19:12 AM »
Well, there are official manga. Close enough.  :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 11:27:38 AM »
I think you are taking it all bit too serious. Touhou fandom is weird and make no sense at all. Most people say words like "cute" or "adoreable" at a certain touhou video and they get bashed/flamed like crazy. But sometimes they don't.

Same goes for the FANON/CANON among characters. People bash you for Marisa x Patchouli stuff while others love it.

I would say: Take it easy.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 11:39:51 AM »
What the topic said, i agree with KomejiKoishi,
touhou is not an anime.

There is seriously a wrong conception about Touhou, we shld change that.

After all, only cool kids who have awesome reflexes play touhou...

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 11:54:47 AM »

Yeah, that's 'cause we had TPSS.

Anyway, I really think you shouldn't let the ignorant masses get to you like this.  Half the people who ask "What anime is this?" to Touhou videos are probably trolls who know it's not an anime anyway...
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 12:04:33 PM »
Yeah, that's 'cause we had TPSS.
Side Story? That doesn't count.

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 12:13:22 PM »
Maikaze's doesn't count either, was it official? No.

AntKiller

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 12:21:44 PM »
WHAT?! Touhou is not an anime?!  :V

*The user was banned after this post

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »
So KomejiKoishi, let's get this started? What kind of movie it is going to be? With text and images? Only text? Which language order?

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 12:41:21 PM »
Well, there are official manga. Close enough.  :V

It's a really shit manga, though.

I really don't think half the Touhou "fans" would touch the actual games with a 29 1/2 pole, so

Ya, dat is truuu!
The shiny shiny rushed me IaMP like a bullet but it took me a LONG time to dare the shooters,myself. In the end it was Ant's fault I actually did:
"Hey bro, I just got pwnt by China  :smug:"
And then I just had too, and it was awesome cause I really love them now.
rofl bye

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 12:44:02 PM »
Nobody understands the languages I can provide. More correctly, the people who do understand those languages WILL assume Touhou is an anime regardless should they ever gain interest in the first place.

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 01:05:38 PM »
You should do what I do and almost completely avoid Touhou fandom. This is also a fairly good course of action with just about any other fandom too, since most of them are fairly unbearable. Or you could find a relatively small group of people whom you can still talk about your interests to.

Also, stop reading Youtube comments.

It's a really shit manga, though.

I just don't think you can appreciate ZUN's true genius. Invading the moon to steal some sake? Absolutely flawless.

There's more than SSiB though, SaBND and EaLND are a much better and fairly enjoyable read, and show Gensokyo as the carefree, peaceful place it really is.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 01:10:14 PM »

I just don't think you can appreciate ZUN's true genius. Invading the moon to steal some sake? Absolutely flawless.

There's more than SSiB though, SaBND and EaLND are a much better and fairly enjoyable read, and show Gensokyo as the carefree, peaceful place it really is.

Probably not. But I haven't really read that one. InabaXInaba kinda took away all my wish to dwelve in further on in official/pseudo-official stuff. I'm safer just dodging bullets
rofl bye

AntKiller

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 01:11:48 PM »
"Hey bro, I just got pwnt by China  :smug:"

Noob times, noob times  :V

Gpop

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 01:24:10 PM »
I have no problem with people asking about Touhou and mistaken it for an anime if they never heard of the series whatsoever (as is, they JUST found out about the game through that video). They have no knowledge about it whatsoever. You can't really blame them =/.

Now it's the people who DO KNOW about Touhou, are completely aware of the series, and STILL call it an anime.

Isn't there a video on someone who called it an anime and said that Touhou sucks?

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 01:25:10 PM »
All of this was caused by Marisa Stole the Precious Thing. You can literally link the entire fandom explosion back to when MSTPT got posted on 4chan's /f/ and then made its way over to YouTube. All you need to do is convince IOSYS to make a song called "Touhou is not an anime" with an accompanying flash, and BAM! Everyone will believe it. Baka baka.

Isn't there a video on someone who called it an anime and said that Touhou sucks?
"This Is Not An Anime Podcast!" has had a segment called Anime Sucks: Touhou Edition.

Gpop

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 01:28:49 PM »
"This Is Not An Anime Podcast!" has had a segment called Anime Sucks: Touhou Edition.

You know Youtube's search engine really sucks =/. That video was a huge facepalm

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 01:31:04 PM »

AntKiller

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 01:34:19 PM »

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 01:41:06 PM »
So KomejiKoishi, let's get this started? What kind of movie it is going to be? With text and images? Only text? Which language order?
I more thought about recording with a webcam or camera pointing into the camera and saying "Touhou is NOT an anime!" in the language. But it's just an idea...
BTW, you and I are the only ones who actually agreed. The rest is just arguing.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 01:46:34 PM »

...yyeeeeaaahhh.... We feel your rage but can't really be bothered u.u
rofl bye

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 01:49:02 PM »

...yyeeeeaaahhh.... We feel your rage but can't really be bothered u.u

...And I think you're overreacting to a bunch of idiots and trolls.  But that's just me.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 01:49:38 PM »
You should do what I do and almost completely avoid Touhou fandom.

Wise words!

I only like playing. I don't like fan-whatever... =P
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 02:01:06 PM »
I don't feel like taking it too serious either but on the other hand it could be fun though. Even if we don't care it will still bait those little kids who will take the video too serious and start whining/flaming.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2009, 02:36:43 PM »
Eh, I wouldn't worry about it that much, at least YOU know it's not an anime and when you get down to it, that's really all that matters.

Just my opinion.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 03:12:47 PM »
All of this was caused by Marisa Stole the Precious Thing. You can literally link the entire fandom explosion back to when MSTPT got posted on 4chan's /f/ and then made its way over to YouTube. All you need to do is convince IOSYS to make a song called "Touhou is not an anime" with an accompanying flash, and BAM! Everyone will believe it. Baka baka.

And here I thought I was the only one who thought about Iosys.
Yes, the only way to ever get people to understand that it's not an anime, would be if Iosys made a flash about it.

When I think about it, it could actually be pretty awesome. I can picture it just right now.
Take me to your library, give me your spellbooks.