Author Topic: Danmakufu: What the Hell am I Doing?  (Read 2777 times)

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
Danmakufu: What the Hell am I Doing?
« on: February 29, 2012, 02:34:10 AM »
I finally decided it's time to step up to the challenge known as scripting Danmakufu
Haven't started using it just yet, but I'd like to see if I can get any tips on using it before I get started (i.e. is there a way to get official Touhou sprites, etc.)

Makai Butterfly

• Superhuman
  • A world of dharma filled with light
Re: Danmakufu: What the Hell am I Doing?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 04:10:09 PM »
You'll want to check out another part of the forum for Danmakufu-related stuff, actually.  Try here.

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
Re: Danmakufu: What the Hell am I Doing?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:08:57 PM »
I finally decided it's time to step up to the challenge known as scripting Danmakufu

I approve of this. Everyone should learn to script!

Haven't started using it just yet, but I'd like to see if I can get any tips on using it before I get started (i.e. is there a way to get official Touhou sprites, etc.)

Alright, for starters, head on over here for the Danmakufu FAQ and links to a number of Danmakufu tutorials. You should also know that there are currently 2 versions of Danmakufu in existance, each with different scripting styles and capabilities. You can find out more on the FAQ, but the newest version, Ph3, is still in beta and doesn't have any complete tutorials (in English at least) at the moment. You'll also find a link to the Danmakufu wiki for both versions on the information thread. You can use that to look up what different functions do and how to implement them. Before doing anything though, you should ABSOLUTELY read and understand the beginner's tutorial. And if you have further questions that the tutorials don't answer adequately, just post away in the Q&A thread for the appropriate version.

For official touhou sprites and stuff, look no further than here. You'll find everthing you'll need and more.