Author Topic: Nan Desu Kan 2011 - Ten and One Desires (not 56k friendly)  (Read 60229 times)

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2011 - Ten and One Desires (not 56k friendly)
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2011, 01:51:11 AM »
Glad to see everyone having fun. Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend, and looking forward to the photos.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2011, 01:52:25 AM »
Hee, it's neat to see you all having fun. Lookin' forward to the photos~

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2011, 01:52:52 AM »
Believe me, there was LOTS of Mami. And Homuradawg! And like two Madokas. And no Sayakas. Or Kyoukos. :fail:

Anyway, executive summary: Today was fucking rad. While I go through the whole rigmarole of resizing and editing and whatnot, have a preview:

*ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF NDK COVERAGE*
TRICORNE SCAVENGER HUNT: WILL YOU BE THE ONE TO CATCH THEM ALL?!

That parasol is amazing. :* Looking forward to another awesome binge of pics.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2011, 01:58:47 AM »
HATCEPTION. We must go deeper!

Squawkers was wearing a purple top hat. Yukari had on her infinity symbol poofy hat. I had on my tokin hat.

BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED

Hats... within hats... within hats.

TOKINCEPTION

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2011, 02:00:32 AM »
By the rules of Touhou, I'm pretty sure that makes you the strongest in all of Gensokyo.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2011, 02:03:43 AM »
Oh my god.

That is awesome. 8)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2011, 02:19:57 AM »
That Sakuya looks very familiar for some reason.

I wonder if it's the Otakon 2010 Sunday Sakuya.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Katierou

• Wolf It Down!
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2011, 05:15:31 AM »
Good day~! I'm the Yukari cosplayer, now with my own account. First, I'd like to thank the person who complemented my parasol above! Then, I'll go on to say I have phantom hat syndrome and still feel Yukari's hat on head even after having it off for nearly an hour. The border between feeling what's there and what isn't? No, that's terrible, sorry...

Anyway, I ran into the Sakuya cosplayer again, and... WE FOUND CHEN. Unfortunately, she won't be Chen again tomorrow. To avoid leaving us entirely Chen-less, I do have a photograph with her and Sakuya, but, be warned, it's absolutely dreadful due to the fact that it was taken using my DSi instead of a nice camera like Aya's. :V

Ack my hat loops were off. D:

I think someone with a particularly nice camera snapped photographs of all three of us, and lots of others did with regular cameras. so I'll be on the lookout for any higher quality photographs.

Tomorrow, going to be a silly brown haired Yukari again. Which is even more silly because my hair is naturally Yukari's color but I dyed it to cosplay Nue/Mamizou, but didn't finish in time... Well, the new explanation is that I'm really Mamizou taking Yukari's form. Because why not. :D

...Post-post thought. Perhaps that's not a bad idea... I'll be on the lookout for tails resembling hers to complete the look.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:22:13 AM by Wolfie-Kate »

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2011, 05:18:34 AM »
I'm just glad she was found eventually. I had a feeling one of us would run into her after Ruro left. I'm surprised Sakuya was still there.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2011, 05:30:43 AM »
New people. \o/
Hello new people, and enjoy your stay :3

Also inb4 Ruro-imagedump~ :3

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2011, 05:53:50 AM »
WHAT NO I MISSED CHEN D:

In any case. It appears that there is not enough time in the day for me to get to all of these photos today. Saturday's photos will have to come in installments. I sorry. :fail: This is installment 1.

First some backstory! I met with Squawkers rather early in the morning, and we went to two panels together-- Symbolism in Eastern Storytelling and the Evolution of Magical Girls. Great fun. After leaving the second, we ran into Sakuya from yesterday almost immediately.

Back to back! Who is faster?

Yes, Squawkers is taking the photos that include me.

Found these Megucas in the atrium, as well! Lots of Mami and Homuradawg for some reason, to the exclusion of pretty much everyone else.

Sailor Neptune. I love collecting Sailor Moon cosplays.

And then we met Yukari, whom you have seen in that preview photo! Hi Yukari! :D

Yukari and Sakuya in the atrium. Stop making "left or right atrium" puns, Squawkers

This is for Jana: Sengoku Basara cosplay!

This was the Madoka I kept seeing throughout NDK. Tons of Homuras and Mamis, but only two Madokas I saw.

Time for obscure fandom time! This is Enki cosplay, from The Twelve Kingdoms.

That is Yukari, and Danny's arm with the Reimu puppet hugging her.

Suigintou with a :sword!:

At this point, our little five-person group (myself, Squawkers, Sakuya, Yukari, and Danny) decided to head out to find a good photoshoot location. Danny pointed us in the direction of flower bushes (since I stated a preference for those in my backgrounds) and off we went.

Just testing the outdoors lighting.

The first photo didn't work nearly as well because the sun was in the other direction. This is much better.

Okay, shutter speed is good to go. The next few come without too many comments, save LOOK AT THE PRETTY FLOWERS.

Adding a Yukari to the mix.

Yukari is actually allergic to the sun, hence the constant umbrella.

Time for battle!

It's like IaMP lunatic all over again.

Sakuya's pose makes her look oddly short-- in reality, her right leg is placed on a rock further down.

From the other direction!

And now solo Yukari.

And suddenly, a crowd of Hetalia cosplayers walked right past us! A distraction, but not an unpleasant one.

Another Seychelles for Matsy!

Hungary is so pretty. And look at Switzerland's smile~

"... so, are we done here? You don't really need photos of Aya..."

"Oh, you're not getting out of this one easily."

Holding Squawkers' camera, as a prop this time instead of taking a photo myself.

Dueling while not making sure that ninja maids aren't stabbing you in the back: Bad idea.

And the three of us together.

I will have to cut this short here. Expect the next two installments hopefully tomorrow >.<

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2011, 05:58:20 AM »
Ah, this was before hat shenanigans. Still good fun, though~

Yeah yeah, my pictures were zoomed too far out. Oh well.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2011, 06:00:51 AM »
Pfff, backstab :V

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2011, 06:11:15 AM »
Found these Megucas in the atrium, as well! Lots of Mami and Homuradawg for some reason, to the exclusion of pretty much everyone else.

Yay, Mami! <3333

Time for obscure fandom time! This is Enki cosplay, from The Twelve Kingdoms.

Oooh! A pleasant surprise :3

Okay, shutter speed is good to go. The next few come without too many comments, save LOOK AT THE PRETTY FLOWERS.

These are all really great, and the flowers make them even better *_*

Another Seychelles for Matsy!

:* :* :*

I never would have expected that someone would cosplay Seychelles, and now there are two *_*

Dueling while not making sure that ninja maids aren't stabbing you in the back: Bad idea.

Ahahaha. :D

All of these are really good. <3

(Oh, and welcome to MotK, Yukari. :D)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:18:38 AM by Barnaby Brooksuri Jr. »

Katierou

• Wolf It Down!
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2011, 06:15:03 AM »
Ah goodness. I look even worse than I thought. And there's like a bajillion photographs. :P
On the plus side, that is the greatest tongue-sticking-out smiley ever. And they're still amusing, well done photographs. You take such good ones! So perfectly fitting for Aya. :D

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2011, 06:31:47 AM »
So much Sakusaku. I approve.
Also welcome there, Yukarin. Or how should we call ye? I don't even know

Katierou

• Wolf It Down!
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2011, 06:46:00 AM »
Hah, whatever name is most fun for you to use! Wolfie's a silly nickname based on my last name, and I'm quite fond of it. Kate/Kaitlyn is my actual first name, so it works nicely if you prefer a bit of formality. Yukari(n) is fine for now, but it'd be a bit weird to go by that after this weekend. :V

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2011, 06:56:54 AM »
Okay I lied. Here's one more installment for the night. Or Sunday morning, as it were.

Heading back to the convention, I found a Death Note and I wrote my name in it! ... what?

Rurouni Kenshin cosplay! I actually caught sight of this Sano in the Magical Girls panel, but didn't catch up to him then. I chased that character for evil as well as I could, but that time-stopping maid...

Yoko cosplay.

Mariya Shidou from MariaHolic, for the trap fans out there.

I recognized the Doctor, and came up to him and asked for a photo. He grinned and said yes, then pulled out a whirring, glowing little sonic screwdriver. Sometimes I wish photos recorded sounds, too.

Okay, so today I learned that there was actually a balcony decoration contest, which explained the amount of work a whole lot of people put into their balconies. Many more wallscrolls and decorations popped up after the first night.

Seta Souji. Or are we supposed to call him Narukami Yuu now?

Avatar cosplay. These girls will show up again later.

Another Sailor Moon. I collect these like other people collect stamps.

There is a gigantic epic tale between this photo and the last one. What happened was that we went to the Dealers' Room and picked up interesting things (Squawkers and I got 20-dollar grab bags, and I will be posting that on Sunday, to show off my swag), then went outside for some fresh air. Then we (by this time, Sakuya had left our group) decided we were all quite hungry, and went over to the Wendy's to get something to eat.

The line was very long, and we noticed that the drive-thru line was much shorter. Well, it turned out that Danny had his car right there, so we just got into the drive-thru and ordered our food from there (and then his Reimu puppet attempted to collect the change from the cashier, but the grip was too awkward for it to work.) Then we sat around and had a nice lunch.

While at Wendy's, I noticed a series of water fountains over in the distance, so after we had lunch we went to the water fountains to take more photos (after a BlazBlue photography group finished with the area).

It turned out to be a very good area to choose. See for yourself in the following photos!

Ah goodness. I look even worse than I thought. And there's like a bajillion photographs. :P
Don't be silly, you look adorable. :3

Heading back to the convention. Now this is a sight I haven't seen in years! Digimon cosplay.

SEIZON SENRYAKUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Hiko Seijuro, from Rurouni Kenshin.

Utena cosplay! Touga, complete with the red rose. He just needed three more to make a border of rotating red roses around his face.

More Sailor Senshi. :]

Captain Jack Sparrow.

This is Squawkers' true form!

What it actually was: The man who carried this parrot appeared to be training it to get used to strangers. I asked to pet it, and he said I couldn't quite pet it, but I could carry it! So I let it climb onto my finger. Crow tengu have an affinity with other birds, y'know. 8)

I lost Jesus after last year! But at NDK, I have found him again.

For Mus, Earthbound cosplay.

At this point, the group wandered into the video game room. I couldn't go in, since I had a strawberry milkshake from the Wendy's that I was still finishing off.

I came up behind these two girls as they walked, and asked, "Ga-Rei Zero?" They turned around in pleasant surprise, because I was the first person to correctly identify them.

I honestly don't know what these two are cosplaying, I just followed her from the video game room because of her legs. >__> I am so shameless sometimes. :fail:

Caught up with my group again, continued to wander in hopes of finding Chen.

This thing was freaking huge! According to the lady next to it, her son had built it and designed it, nine feet tall. No one was in the suit right then, though.

Ariel, from The Little Mermaid.

One of the more interesting balcony decorations in the atrium.

Such a long name oh my gah

In the name of the moon!

America cosplay! I have mixed feelings about Hetalia fans in general, but for today at least, they were quite civilized and friendly on the whole.

The next photo is a Madoka and Homura cosplay, and contains episode 12 spoilers.
http://i.imgur.com/bxerv.jpg

I gave in. So many Homestuck fans in one place is something even I cannot resist.

Another Dead Master! We'll come back to her shortly.

The next photo is a Charlotte cosplay from Madoka, and contains episode 3 spoilers.
http://i.imgur.com/eh4xB.jpg
Spoiler:
Yes, that is a Mami lollipop she has there.

Came back the way I came, and found not only a Dead Master, but a Black Rock Shooter.

Panty and Stocking! Lots of them this year.

Two gigantic nerds. I think Squawkers' purple top hat looks awful good on Kaitlyn, don't you agree?

Okay now bedgo. Third installment shall come before Sunday's photos, tomorrow. I don't expect very many, Sunday is a slow day for cosplay. But there's always a good chance of lucking out~

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2011, 07:04:45 AM »
FUTAE NO KIWAMI AAAAAAAH
Also that Warhamer of Zillyhoo. My god.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2011, 07:28:49 AM »
Rurouni Kenshin cosplay! I actually caught sight of this Sano in the Magical Girls panel, but didn't catch up to him then. I chased that character for evil as well as I could, but that time-stopping maid...

Ooh! Battousai-Kenshin and rurouni Kenshin at the same time. :D

SEIZON SENRYAKUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

^_^

She should have three people cosplay as penguins and follow her around. :3

Utena cosplay! Touga, complete with the red rose. He just needed three more to make a border of rotating red roses around his face.

*_*

The next photo is a Charlotte cosplay from Madoka, and contains episode 3 spoilers.
http://i.imgur.com/eh4xB.jpg
Spoiler:
Yes, that is a Mami lollipop she has there.

Oh, wow. This is great!
Spoiler:
The lollipop really is a neat idea.

Two gigantic nerds. I think Squawkers' purple top hat looks awful good on Kaitlyn, don't you agree?

It really does. It actually works really well with her cosplay, too. o_o

Okay now bedgo. Third installment shall come before Sunday's photos, tomorrow. I don't expect very many, Sunday is a slow day for cosplay. But there's always a good chance of lucking out~

Best of luck, and have fun! Thanks for uploadin' all of these. :3

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2011, 02:05:44 PM »

Ruro, pull that knife out of your back! ...Ruro? RUUUROOOOO

Avatar cosplay. These girls will show up again later.

:o

These are all looking great so far! Sounds like you're having a lot of fun. :3

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2011, 05:03:28 PM »
For the record, hat-swapping shenanigans occurred right after we hijacked Ruro's posts.

But yeah, yesterday was fun. Hope you have a good time today, too!

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2011, 07:00:37 PM »
omg those Kiyoshi warriors look great! the Doctor too! reminds me I've not seen the last ep yet woops.

thanks again for uploading (:

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2011, 12:18:10 AM »
Last report from con. Yukari has left, and I am the last of the Touhous to leave.

We figured out a way to put danmaku in our photos today. It is the most awesome thing you have ever seen. Watch for it!

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2011, 12:19:23 AM »
We figured out a way to put danmaku in our photos today. It is the most awesome thing you have ever seen. Watch for it!

You have my attention. :o

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2011, 12:19:42 AM »
Oh my god, I am so looking forward to this. Hm... Are you going to try to add any to yesterday's photos?

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2011, 12:21:54 AM »
Oh my god, I am so looking forward to this. Hm... Are you going to try to add any to yesterday's photos?
Oh, no, I mean in real life. In the photo. And not just train danmaku from Yukari, either. It was mindblowing when I took the first photo by accident. If I am around in Denver next year, I am definitely doing this with every Touhou cosplayer I meet.

And no, it's not paper airplanes or something. It's actual, colorful, patterned danmaku. Grazeable, too.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2011, 12:24:17 AM »
Oh, no, I mean in real life. In the photo. And not just train danmaku from Yukari, either. It was mindblowing when I took the first photo by accident. If I am around in Denver next year, I am definitely doing this with every Touhou cosplayer I meet.

And no, it's not paper airplanes or something. It's actual, colorful, patterned danmaku. Grazeable, too.

:o :o :o

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2011, 12:25:15 AM »

Wait, what? How? :O