Author Topic: Anime is beautiful.  (Read 14341 times)

Anime is beautiful.
« on: September 08, 2011, 02:50:01 PM »
Just finished Gosick today. I shed so much tears. That last episode was fucking beautiful.

However, this wasn't my first time. Both seasons of Clannad made me cry, Air made me cry, Elfen Lied made me cry.

So guys, any anime you watched that just made you cry?

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Re: Anime is beautiful.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 03:01:27 PM »
Only one that was closest to me "crying" was Clannad After Story, since I certainly did feel something drop in my heart, but never really shed a tear since...well...I'm not the type to cry that easily :derp:

though it got my sister bawling to tears on it :V

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 03:03:22 PM »
Are you fucking kidding me, After Story had me cursing my monitor in tears, and that never happens. Ever.
Great show.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 03:17:54 PM »
Candy Candy

I didn't actually shed tears but my eldest sister cried the Niagara Falls. She DID grow up watching that, anyway.  :V
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 03:42:13 PM »
Only one that was closest to me "crying" was Clannad After Story, since I certainly did feel something drop in my heart, but never really shed a tear since...well...I'm not the type to cry that easily :derp:
takes a lot to make me cry too but Clannad did it with pretty much no effort

tbh I don't know of anybody who has watched that show and finished it without even crying a bit.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 03:44:45 PM »
takes a lot to make me cry too but Clannad did it with pretty much no effort

tbh I don't know of anybody who has watched that show and finished it without even crying a bit.

*raises hand*

Doesn't mean I didn't feel emotional at all. Just I don't get tears :V

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 03:48:34 PM »
lol maybe you're the exception to the rule then :p or perhaps I should have said I don't know of anybody who hasn't gotten a at least a bit ;_; while watching it

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 03:54:35 PM »
Don't want to watch After Story: the first part of Clannad had me crying at several points. The only thing that could possibly make me cry more is if they made an anime of "Where the Red Fern Grows".

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 04:08:08 PM »
* Esifex nods, adds more shows to his 'Avoid like the plague' list

I don't like crying over animes ;-; Or stories, even, but I'm a little more resilient to story characters than visual characters. It's why I stopped watching Higurashi - or, at least, the final straw. During the arc revolving around Satoko and her uncle? Yeah, I about lost my shit when
Spoiler:
she had her breakdown because of Keiichi petting her head
and couldn't deal with it any more after that. The rest of the freaky splatter-flick elements to the show weren't helping, either, but I'd promised my friend I'd at least try to suffer through it with her. Just couldn't finish it.

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 04:12:18 PM »
Last scene of the last episode of the original Gunbuster

I've watched it like five times and I still cry

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 04:20:49 PM »
Oh, I just remembered. Gurren Lagann episode 8.

Kamina-sama.... ;_;

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 05:09:11 PM »
Utena episode 39. That ending. That music. That everything.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 05:26:19 PM »

Welcome Home indeed ;_;

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 05:34:26 PM »
Utena episode 39. That ending. That music. That everything.

This, and the movie as well. Everything is so spectacular, and absolutely heartwrenching at times.

Also, Gurren Lagann and Gunbuster, as mentioned, hit me pretty hard at some points. (Diebuster too, I suppose.)

Oh, Eureka Seven and 5 Centimeters per Second both had some scenes that got me, too. :<

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 06:06:07 PM »
Higurashi
I thought Higurashi was overall hilarious (except for the fingernails bit), albeit unintentionally.

Kamina-sama.... ;_;
don't forget Kittan ;-;

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 06:19:56 PM »
don't forget Kittan ;-;

Spoiler:
Nia. .____________________.

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 06:27:48 PM »
Spoiler:
Nia. .____________________.
;_________________________; so hard. just the whole ending really )':

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 07:00:02 PM »
Biggest offenders are probably the endings for Hanbun no Tsuki and Angel Beats. Elfen Lied too, though it was one of the first series I watched so it gets less credit. Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien was pretty heartbreaking but I can't explicitly remember bawling over it.

Some son of a submariner spoiled Clannad (or AS) for me, so I doubt it'll kill me as hard as it otherwise would've done.

I think I cried tears of pure awesome at the end of Haibane Renmei.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 07:16:17 PM »
I think I only cried at one point in Higurashi
Spoiler:
where Keiichi remembered killing Rena and Mion in the last world. It gets really bad when you realize, they weren't being hostile to him in that arc, it was Keiichi's paranoia that made it seem like they were trying to kill him. In reality, they were just going about doing their little "Punishment Game" deal.

Yeah, can't remember any other times that envoked any other tears in me. There was another that always makes me cry, but it's more a music video than an anime.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:18:35 PM by Touji Suwagata »
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 07:28:44 PM »
Yeah, can't remember any other times that envoked any other tears in me. There was another that always makes me cry, but it's more a music video than an anime.

Oooh, yeah! I remember when I first saw Miku's "Hato". I cried because the sheer sweetness of the song and the video was too much for my poor heart to bear. ;_;

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 08:20:17 PM »
I think the closest I've ever come to crying while watching an anime was the last episode of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.

Other than that, I haven't shed any tears yet regarding anime... which kind of worries me. :ohdear:

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 08:48:20 PM »

Damn, someone beat me to it. >.<

But yeah, I'm contractually obliged to sing the praises of Gunbuster every once in a while, so... Yeah.  The ending is probably the best ending to anything I've ever seen.  It's just perfect, and even after watching it about half a bajillion times it still manages to at least choke me up every time I see it.  That the impact hasn't lessened by all that much over time is a testament to why it's such a masterpiece~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 09:36:12 PM »
It's very rare that a fictional work can make me shed tears, but I recall shedding some during Excel Saga of all anime when
Spoiler:
Excel learns the hard way just how little she meant to Il Palazzo.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 09:51:18 PM »
Candy Candy

Whoah. Blast from the past!

If any of you haven't seen it, ARE YOU READY FOR SOME SHOUJOU?

I haven't straight-up bawled from anime, but I did get pretty choked up several times during Madoka, the ending of Fractale. and the ending of Soremachi.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 10:11:37 PM »
I don't quite remember, but way back when Dragon Ball Z was new on Cartoon Network (and they were on Namek), my mom and sis and I would watch as soon as we got home, and they said we all cried when
Spoiler:
Vegeta is dying and telling Goku about how his father and all the Saiyans were killed by Frieza.
  I mean sure, dying isn't that big of a deal in Dragon Ball Z, but still... I remember that being so freaking sad.

The only anime to make me shed a tear was Puella Magi Madoka Magica.  God I wanted to cry during the end but I just couldn't.  Surprisingly, the anime for Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls got to me.  Specifically, Nia's backstory (Charles d'Artagnon) and when Jubei was fighting at the end
Spoiler:
and that she might lose her adorable persona
.  Higurashi Kai hit me especially hard...  I really can't remember anything else that's gotten me close to crying, but anime tends to get me pretty emotional at times.

Oh shit, I forgot...  Shinryaku Ikamusume,
Spoiler:
when she was losing her squidly powers and decided to go back home and everyone thought she was kidding
.  Oh god... ;___;

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 09:41:04 AM »
I don't usually cry to anime that much. Here's how it went for me:
Grave of the Fireflies - Nope, no tears.
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - Nope, no tears.
Air - Nope, no tears.
Clannad - Nope, no tears.
Angel Beats - Nope, no tears.
Madoka - Nope, no tears.
Ano Hana - Nope, no tears.

And out of nowhere:
K-On!! - Holy shit, why am I crying like a little bitch?! I have no idea how it happened. Maybe it was just a bad time for me or something. Weird.

Oh, and I cried to the 1st Pokemon movie when it first came out. I was like 5 years old so that was expected.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 09:51:29 AM »
I think the closest I've ever come to crying while watching an anime was the last episode of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.

Other than that, I haven't shed any tears yet regarding anime... which kind of worries me. :ohdear:

Same here! 8.0 last episode got my eyes kinda watery and it was hard to hold back the tears. @_@ And it still got me when I rewatched it.
Madoka last episode got me more like awed rather than crying.
I can't think of any other animes that got me crying at the moment.

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 03:40:25 PM »
Hm, I remember tearing up pretty intensely during some older episodes of Pokemon, such as when Pikachu was released into the wild or when Misty left the group.

I can't recall any recent anime hitting me particularly hard for some reason, though.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 04:15:02 PM »
Ah, yes, Grave of the Fireflies. How could I forget that one.

my heart

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 04:47:58 PM »
Hm, I remember tearing up pretty intensely during some older episodes of Pokemon, such as when Pikachu was released into the wild or when Misty left the group.
I feel kinda sad about the fact that, since I've been watching through the Advance gen episodes lately, I was kinda sad during the episode where Jessie and James had to release Arbok and Weezing.  I dunno, it's just that they were always so inseperable, and because I always remember them being together it felt like part of my childhood had finally left me. >.>  And even though it wasn't really part of my childhood, James obviously cared very deeply for his Chimecho, so the episode where he gave that away was pretty sad too, even with the horrendous new voice actors they'd switched to a couple of episodes back (although to their credit, the people voicing Team Rocket seem to have gotten into their roles much quicker than those playing the twerps have).

...Nope, looking it over, it's still kinda sad that I got upset over this. >.<
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 04:52:30 PM by Magical Moerin~♥ »
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"