Author Topic: [Animation/Recruiting VAs]Touhou Sketches: Chen Edition/SAFM Ep1  (Read 5035 times)

Spaztique

• Writer, Animator, Easy Mode Advocate
[Animation/Recruiting VAs]Touhou Sketches: Chen Edition/SAFM Ep1
« on: September 04, 2011, 05:07:28 PM »
Working on two big cartoons instead of making music or writing (assuming you've seen my previous stuff), and I'mma need some VAs!

If you saw my last cartoon, you'll know two things about me: that I prefer doing original sketches over "taking copyright music and pop culture soundbytes, then slapping them together out of context" and that I did all of the voices myself. Now, I absolutely loved doing the voices, but people complained; not about the voices themselves, but the fact I did not post a VA recruiting thing... So, here is one of those threads!

Message me if you want the script and feel free to record as much as you want (and adlib) once you get the script.

If it says pending, it means the role has not been cast yet, but a VA may be interested in it. If you can record lines better than the pending VA, you get the part.

DEADLINE *UPDATED*: AS SOON AS I RECOVER FROM MY COLD. Any voices not taken will be done by me (with the exception of Ran, who is a special case).

Rolls with a * mean they are for both cartoons.

Shanghai Alice's Flying Maiden - Monty Python-esque sketches/homages:
-Akyu: Available
-Mokou: Pending
-Youmu: Contested between SailorDigiMoon and triangles
-Yuyuko: SailorDigiMoon
-Komachi: Available
-Shikieiki*: Pending
-Ran*: Available for an extremely talented VA, since the final skit of Touhou Sketches: Chen Editions involves extensive use of her.
-Reimu*: Pending
-Marisa*: Available
-Rumia: Pending
-Mystia*: Pending
-Futo: Pending
-Koakuma: Available
-Cirno: Available (but I'm going to see if I can get beats0me to reprise his previous role)
-Daiyousei: Available (but same as above)
-Sakuya*: Pending
-Remilia: Available
-Meiling*: Available

Touhou Sketches: Chen Edition
-Tewi: Available
-Hina: Pending
-Yukari: SailorDigiMoon
-Wriggle: Available
-Kid 1: Available
-Kid 2: Available

As suggested by triangles, here's the full script for SAFM. Touhou Sketches; Chen Edition coming later.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 08:35:38 AM by Spaztique »
Making Touhou music and actually-pretty-decent Walfas animations since 2011!

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
Re: [Animation/Recruiting VAs]Touhou Sketches: Chen Edition/SAFM Ep1
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 05:38:54 PM »
I'll take the lot!

I'll certainly be wanting a script; I would love to be a part of this.

Not sure on who I would voice as of yet; one of those 'I'd have to read the script first before picking' sort of things. Though I may possibly eye up Mokou/Sakuya, I'm not that sure yet.

And, for sheer amusement, random kid 1/2; if only because getting involved in both would be awesome~  :derp:

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 06:05:59 PM »
Working on two big cartoons instead of making music or writing (assuming you've seen my previous stuff), and I'mma need some VAs!
Get back to Sonar already! :V :V :V (and try to get hardware synth this time - SD-90 is recommended due to ZUN's usage, but SD-20s are great starts too and Hyper Canvas/TTS-1 is based off the SD-20/80/90 Classic Map anyway).

Well, this project seems more ambitious than I thought! Can't really assist (even though I have recorded stuff, namely an ad for a forum challenge and Touhou GTA mod) here due to too much work elsewhere (RL, TGTA, MC, and my own projects).
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 09:11:39 PM »
This looks fun. But I'm a guy and they're all girls.
Well good luck finding VAs.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 08:08:41 PM »
Now where have I first heard of this Touhou Sketches Project before...
Nevertheless, if this means I'm finally going to enjoy voice-acting for the joy & love of it, then By All Means SIGN ME UP!! :*

Like Kanjou, I might look for the script, too. Though I really haven't thought of aiming to voice-act over a character, I think I'll go for Mystia, Koakuma, or *braces for his courage* Reimu >/////<.
inb4Futojustbecause :ohdear:

I am also intrigued by the fellow voicing over Ran, whoever this extremely talented VA could be ?3c

This looks fun. But I'm a guy and they're all girls.
That's one of the frustrating bits in anticipating to voice-over characters in a series you like, sadly. :<
This is why I probably would like & love to participate in video dubbing projects accepting even male voices for female characters.
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 08:24:26 PM »
Lloyd, you have to do Futo. You just have to do it! I don't think I'll settle for anything else after that! <3

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 08:30:16 PM »
Lloyd, you have to do Futo. You just have to do it! I don't think I'll settle for anything else after that! <3
That was too good, so Futo is the only valid option!
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 11:10:10 PM »
B-but I'm not much close with Futo herself just yet >/////<;;....

....Hnnwell, there's not much of a choice for me, is there...?
Alright. I'M MAKING IT HAPPEN THEN! >:3

Add Mononobe no Futo in my list of charas to voice-act then. =w=
One person could voice-act a number of characters though, right? If that's the case, unless someone opts in for them, Mystia (pending), Koakuma, and Reimu (available) are still on my list. :3

EDIT: ...Then I just happen to read the PM containing the scripts, with Futo's script already included w/o this confirmation post of mine yet o-o;; (Post time difference: 2hrs.)

...W-wait, the voice I made for Futo there isn't even female-ish o-o;;...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:54:36 PM by Lloyd Dunamis »
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Spaztique

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 04:53:47 AM »
It's past the deadline, and I've only received one full voice from triangles and a couple of snippets of other characters, and I haven't heard back from SailorDigiMoon in a while. This is another reason I was afraid of recruiting for the first video: I am never late on getting my own lines.

I'll give it a few more days, and then I'm doing the remainder of the voices. (Plus, I think it'll be fun to do Mokou.)

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 12:55:55 PM »
>_<;; S-sorry......

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 02:35:11 PM »
I don't think you made it clear exactly what you wanted to have people record - was it a "try out" (which would imply smaller clips for voice testing purposes) or recruiting mean everything from X character.

Heck, post the script as an attachment and you might get some more bites that way since you cut out some complexity :V   

Spaztique

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 09:36:46 PM »
I don't think you made it clear exactly what you wanted to have people record - was it a "try out" (which would imply smaller clips for voice testing purposes) or recruiting mean everything from X character.

Heck, post the script as an attachment and you might get some more bites that way since you cut out some complexity :V

It was that way, but time is running out. Triangles, since you had an awesome Sakuya/Youmu/everyone, send me as many lines as you can!