Author Topic: Any specific character you're obsessed with?  (Read 34717 times)

Re: Any specific character you're obsessed with?
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2011, 12:30:57 AM »
hey i'm new here ^^

Yumemi, she has the power of SCIENCE and cutscenes, that was amazing :D

Minoriko, those nonspells are cute and i love her theme.

Satori... ?everything about her?

And Mamizou, cause she is an epic super warrior with a morphing shiny neon animal army from the ocean

« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2011, 04:11:09 AM »
When I first got into Touhou I was 'obsessed' with Marisa, mainly because I used MarisaB most of the time. I love her Master Spark. It's a giant laser that looks beautiful, especially when clearing a bullet-filled screen in UFO. I commend her effort to learn so much magic despite being human. Anyone who goes through that much work needs a pat on the back. Her relaxed and confident air she has when dealing with people is refreshing (it could be the result of the great feeling I get when I actually manage to beat my friend in SWR and see Marisa's victory quote).
As a sidenote, MarisaB's low-power focus is tiny, so it requires me to aim at the boss while dodging. I like that challenge.

Now, however, I'm also a bit of a Rin Satsuki fan, mainly because she doesn't exist I'm a hipster obsessed with obscure things.

Katierou

• Wolf It Down!
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2011, 05:44:31 AM »
The Yakumo trio and Yuyuko, I'd say! Especially Ran. <3
>Yuyuko because I have a lot in common with her personality-wise. I also find everything related to her beautiful--her butterfly and cherry blossom imagery, her musical theme, and quite simply, just her. It's neat how she's super silly, yet hides great intellect.
>Chen because she's so energetic and overall amusing. She just seems really fun to be around, somehow!
>Yukari because her erratic thoughts and behavior are very enticing, especially combined with the fact she's highly intelligent and, like Yuyuko, really silly. Her ability is fascinating, and I'm interested in seeing how it works more. The laziness is somehow cute, on a side note.
>Ran because... oh my god those tails are amazingly cuddly.  I've also fallen in love with her personality; she's so dutiful yet seems really kind and overall a wonderful character. And her intelligence is astounding, even if it isn't combined with silliness like Yuyuko and Yukarin. Ran is amazing and I think it borders on being an actual obsession. :V

pineyappled

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2011, 04:49:11 AM »
Mokou, Kaguya, Youmu, Nazrin, Yuuka, Yukari, Yuyuko, Yoshika, Tewi, Koishi, ect.

I like Mokou because of her backstory. Same with Kaguya.
Youmu and Nazrin are mostly just cute and cuddly.
Yukari- her boobs in fanon are way too big. They look like punching bags. Still, border manipulation is cool.
Yuyuko/Yoshika- I like Yuyuko's backstory. Also they can have the best eating contests ever.
Tewi's weird. I want to punch her in the face and watch her cry in a corner. Sad Tewi is cute.

I used to like Remilia the most, but now I'm neutral, leaning on dislike. Not too sure why.

Wolfsbane706

• Knight of the Accursed Order
  • Boredom is contagious.
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2011, 05:22:37 AM »
I'm gonna have to go with Cirno.  She's the one who got me interested in Touhou, after all!  As a second, I'd pick Reimu.  She's an interesting character and has a habit of making me laugh.  For third, Flandre.  She deserves recognition (despite being just a little bit insane), and her theme tune is quite epic.
[15:30] * Wolfsbane706 pitfalls Roukan.
[15:30] <Roukan> WHAT WHY
[15:31] * Roukan aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*splat*
[15:32] <Wolfsbane706> That's the funniest reaction I've seen yet.
[15:34] * Roukan thumbs-up from beyond the grave.

locoroco1

• Amateur Spriter/Author
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2011, 05:35:49 AM »
All of them.

But seriously, I like the PC-98 cast, especially Kotohime. Crazy adorable princess who goes around shooting people. What's not to like?

But obsessed? I really like Wriggle and Mystia, I think they make a great pair.(I know what you're thinking. And no. Only kind of.) But my ultimate obsessions would have to be Yamame, Koakuma, and Shizuha. Yamame is just the greatest character ever, I just love the tragedy about her, a friendly young girl sent to the underworld just because she was different and the world couldn't accept her. Koakuma, I kinda think she's pretty :3 and I like the lack of backstory/characterization because it's allowed me to make up who  I think she should be. Shizuha is the reasons for both. A tragic god of decay and death, living alone with her sister in the woods, always waiting for things that will never come.
I made(edited) these:
My Short Stories

Ivan The Mouse

• Don't worry, Yoshika... you will (ahn~♥) protect me...
  • Law Abiding Unless Provoked
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2011, 09:34:00 AM »
Not exactly obsessed, but my ideal girl is Marisa.
Your sig is too big :V ~TSO

Zirene

• Resident Planeswalker
  • Want some?
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2011, 03:39:02 AM »
Miko because I have a Miko alarm clock on my phone. Defiantly better than waking up to just beeps.

Also, she tells me good morning and to have a nice day, so shes my favorite.

poglogo

• ~Desu
  • For queen Suiseiseki
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2011, 04:09:32 PM »
Yukari since she is mostly depicted as a troll (like me)
Suika since she is an alcoholic and i do enjoy beer
Flan since she is just pure awesome

Derpface

• Don't worry universe, I will (ahn~♥) protect you...
  • Ke-he-he-he-he!
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2011, 11:22:21 PM »
Yahoo.

Marisa - Magician. I like magic. 'Ufufufu ufu ufufufuu', and her ray shot type and Master Spark. So cool.
Patchouli - Same goes with Marisa. She might be the one I'm mostly obsessed with too. Elemental magic, asthmatic and book lover? Yikes, perfect score!
Sanae - Awesome green hair and wind powers. Also a shrine maiden. They're very cool.
Reimu - I like her a lot as our main character. Not sure why, but she holds an attraction to me.
Shikieiki - the judge that makes you hold your words after a great lecture (like what she did with Tewi!) Plus on green hair.
Mima - Tops as another very obsessed-with character. Her theme, her ghostly being and pranky attitude. I love Mima!
Sakuya - Knifing and time-controlling powers while being maid. What's any more impressive than that?

I think this list is a tad too big.
PS: I'm asthmatic

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2011, 03:51:46 AM »
Utsuho and Youmu.

A video of Utsuho's boss fight is what got me into Touhou in the first place. Before I fully understood the atmosphere behind Gensokyo and Touhou in general, a few things about Utsuho really stood out to me right away, namely her badass demeanor, awesome music, and visually impressive danmaku, and these traits just stuck with me ever since.

Youmu came much later on, but she really shot up once I realized that our personalities are remarkably similar, something I can't say about any other Touhou character. And it's gotten to the point where she's practically becoming my first cosplay.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2011, 06:36:38 AM »
Funen, you would love this, then.
Youmu vs Utsuho!

Rin Kaenbyou

• Hell's traffic accident
  • Nyehehehe!
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2011, 11:32:02 PM »
Orin, I love her...
She, and Chen
I love cat-youkais
Atte: Orin, the most awesome cat (and catgirl)  you ever seen baby!

I love my master Satori, she's so warm and kind... and when I am in her bed with her, she does **** and **** with my precious body... Ahhhh... This feels too good, nyaaaa~
Wait! what are you thinking, pervert? she scratches my chin and pets my back, y-you baka!

« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2011, 11:59:19 PM »
I just realised how quickly Mima is moving up on my favourite characters list. She may surpass Youmu soon.
List goes something like this:

1. Patchouli
2. Mokou
3. Youmu
4. Mima
5. Tenshi
6. Nue
7. Murasa
8. Komachi
9. Yuuka
10. Parsee

It may not take that much for her to get past Youmu but it's going to take a lot for her to get into 2nd. Mokou is just too high up there.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 11:57:32 PM by Glimmer »

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2011, 12:52:34 AM »
1. Rumia, her theme is a favorite.

2. Orin, beacuse of this.

« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2011, 07:20:11 AM »
1. Rumia, her theme is a favorite.

2. Orin, beacuse of this.

Ah yeah I saw that one before, so awesome. My favorite char is Sakuya, her being the first Touhou character that I saw and who got me into the games. Elegant, time-stopping, knife throwing maid. ZA WARUDO! http://kana.hanyuu.net/image/1cde82b97f888ff9e38cb8c6348cc290/Konachan.com%20-%2094079%20blue_eyes%20izayoi_sakuya%20touhou.jpg

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2011, 05:56:49 PM »
so today i learned that funen and i are pretty much the same people like the same characters for almost the same reasons

i love everything about utsuho, due in part to my abnormal fascination with nuclear physics. i though her battle was the most creative battle ZUN has put into a game, with klaxon-opened spell cards and huge stars for bullets, and after seeing it in a video, i knew i had to get to that fight. now i play stage 6 practice just for fun all the time, it's almost like an addiction :1

i like youmu, although i wouldn't say i'm obsessed. i just like her because she's cute and seems nice

« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2011, 08:29:33 PM »
At the moment, Shou
why? well, I love her design and I love her danmaku

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2011, 03:31:06 PM »
At the moment, Shou
why? well, I love her design and I love her danmaku

Funny, based on your current name and nick I would think it would be either Reisen or Eirin, or someone from IN :V

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2011, 02:22:46 AM »
Hmm, where to start? Well I guess I should start with my undisputed favorite character: FLANDRE SCARLET

I may be a bit cliche with this, but I don't really care. She's so cute and immensely powerful at the same time, though the Flan I prefer is more misunderstood than psychotic. I like to think of her as more eccentric (almost like me) than sadistically insane. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't obsessed with her at the moment. The fact that I've collected perhaps 4 times as many Flan pictures as that of any other character is testament to that, I think. I'll admit that her theme isn't my favorite, but it's really catchy and certainly on my list of favorites.

Anyways, enough ranting about Flan. Here are my other favorite characters (in no particular order):

Marisa Kirasame - Her dialogue is hilariously ridiculous. Plus she always came across to me as a good-natured, easy-to-get-along-with regular person (if you can get past her little thieving habit).

Fujiwara no Mokou - Her backstory is interesting and pretty tragic in a way. In addition, she has awesome fire abilities. What more can you ask for? She is also the owner of my (current) top favorite touhou theme.

Remilia Scarlet - Not sure what attracted me to her in particular, but perhaps it has something to do with a certain charisma? I could also be her theme, it's one of my top favorites, so much so that I even learned how to play it on piano (mostly).

Cirno - I love her ability, design, and theme. Most of all though, I love her "never give up" attitude.

Yuyuko Saigyouji - Another character with both an intriguing and tragic backstory. Her carefree and friendly nature coupled with her theme secures her a spot in my list of top favorite characters.

Youmu Konpaku - She is so awesome and badass, I don't even know where to begin. It probably has something to do with the fact that she's one of the only sword-wielding touhou characters. Her theme is also good, underrated even (IMO).

Yukari Yakumo - Gensokyo's resident troll. Another very interesting character with a ridiculously overpowered ability. Yukari's just purely hilarious and awesome.

Sakuya Izayoi - A knife throwing, time-stopping maid, what's not to like? Her theme is one of the most badass theme's I've ever heard, from any game. It's currently my favorite boss theme from any stage 5.

Suwako Moriya - Another carefree, fun-loving, and good-natured character, much like Yuyuko IMO. Also her hat is awesome. Enough said.

Shikieiki Yamaxanadu - Probably the greatest force for justice in Gensokyo and powerful enough to scare even Yukari.

Zap

• Embodiment of Lightning
  • Shocking, isn't it?
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2011, 06:52:21 AM »
My favorites are Youmu, Marisa, Yuka, and Iku.

Youmu- First character I've learned about, and has always been my top favorite. I like that she is a swordsman, but also the fact that she is half human half phantom. Also her personality, how she can be so serious and formal at some times, but whenever she gets teased she gets all flustered and cute.

Marisa- Two words. Master Spark!!! That and she is very silly. Hard not to laugh at anything she does really. Plus the witch outfit is pretty cool IMO.

Yuka- She's very strong for one. She's a flower youkai for another. Finally, she is scary. Especially when she smiles...

Iku- If my name isn't enough, I'll explain. I like anything shocky, and Iku uses lightning for her attacks. Therefore, I like her. Also I like that pose of hers.

« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
Yuuka, Yukari and Mima

Yuuka - Youkai moe~. And also, she is awesome whether she's being the USC or tragically misunderstood.

Yukari - She's such a brilliant troll.

Mima- See Yukari.

« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2011, 05:33:27 PM »
1. Patchouli
2. Mokou
3. Youmu
4. Mima
5. Tenshi
6. Nue
7. Murasa
8. Komachi
9. Yuuka
10. Parsee

Mima is now in 3rd place, pretty much. Bear in mind that this list isn't fixed; it jumps around a lot especially from 5 down.

shurcle

• You can nom on yourself sometimes!
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2011, 04:02:45 AM »
Yoshika is probably the only character I liked a lot.
Ever since I saw her in the ten desires demo and couldn't clear her last spell card on normal.
And the fact her shirt is red.

Before that was marisa and yuka.
Marisa
 - Picked her at random on 12.3 and she was easy to use
 - speech pattern (main reason)
 - overall personality
Yuka
 - generic response I gave when people asked me who my favorite character was
 - wears red clothing

I probably have more, but I forgot.

Ex-Nue

• ".........."
  • 凸(゚ヮ゚)凸
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2011, 01:46:37 AM »
Miko -  Our name sound's the same. And those headphones are badass.

Koishi - I don't know why im so obsessed with her, maybe because of her music theme.

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2011, 01:17:46 PM »
Tenshi because  ??? :V
Spoiler:
Maybe her 'masochism' is just so fitting for me
Mokou because her theme got me into touhou
Koishi because she has penises  ??? again
Miko because true administrator is sex.
Kanako because VoWG is awesome.
Byakuren because of the story and theme and the fact that she died for your sins Think of story, listen to music, feel emotive, let emotions flow and suddenly realize why it's called emotional skyscraper. (But maybe because I'm ⑨)
Miyako Yoshika because of this video, her theme itself and Undead murderer  :* :* :*

TAKE IT CACODEMON!!

• OKAY THEN I'M A LEGAL AIDE
  • AND ERIN BROCKOVICH IS MY NAAAME
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2011, 07:50:31 PM »
Yuuka. Dunno why. I'll admit, I got sucked into Touhou via her USC depiction, and I have a thing for yanderes. :V

After that, though... Murasa, for some weird reason. I think it's because I've been listening to an awful lot of pirate metal. :V
Sonata of Scarlet Sunflowers, a Flandre x Yuuka story. | Laziness of Daemonic Wastrels, wherein The Dude, Frylock, HW Guy, and David Wong get their asses kicked in Gensokyo.  | T.O.U.H.O.U.: Land of Shadows, a S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Touhou crossover. | Abomination, a monster story.

« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2011, 07:12:28 PM »
I'm going to have to go with Kogasa and Medicine at the current point.  Just about everything about both of them appeal to me, in terms of design, personality, story, and of course both of their themes.  I'd love to see Kogasa become a playable at some point, even if it's just in the fighting games.  Bringing back Medicine in some way would be nice too, she got far too small of a role in PoFV for a Touhou character. 

« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2011, 07:52:29 PM »
Patchouli, because she reminds me of myself in so many ways.

Koishi, because I really like the psychology theme.

Mokou, because really really long silver hair and phoenix motif, and an interesting backstory.  And because she's a bit of a lone wolf.

« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2011, 02:02:39 AM »
Youmu, Marisa, Yuyuko and Yukari

Youmu because of her silver hair and she is a gardener

Marisa because of her lasers

Yuyuko because... because she seems so cute!

and Yukari due to portal manipulation (I KNOW THEY ARE CALLED GAPS >_<)

Cirno the Ice Fairy~