Author Topic: Any specific character you're obsessed with?  (Read 34518 times)

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
Re: Any specific character you're obsessed with?
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2011, 02:35:01 PM »
Yukari, both because of her appearance and her personality.  First of all, I really like her character design.  Second of all, her mysterious and enigmatic personality.....I dunno, but I find that intriguing. :derp:

And "Manipulation of Boundaries"......Best.  Ability.  Ever.

EDIT: Also I LOVE HER THEMES!!!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:38:10 PM by AJS »

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2011, 06:45:05 PM »
I guess it's obvious to most of you. Hong Meiling.  Not sure why I like her (she still hands my ass to me on EoSD). I guess it's because her personality is more human than youkai, and because she's such a rebel. In a world where magic is dominant, she sticks to martial arts. Now that's commitment.

Plus, she's cute.  :3

I also love Utsuho and Kogasa. Their designs are awesome! Utusho just looks badass and is, in my opinion, one of the best final bosses in the Touhou series. Kogasa is just adorable. 'Nuff said. And extra points for heterochromia.

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2011, 08:48:11 PM »
It may be kinda lol, but Im obsessed with Cirno...She's so cute and awww :3

Plus, her themes are so awesome, totally lovin' those~~

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2011, 04:21:13 AM »
I wouldn't call it an obsession, per se, but Komachi thanks to her personality. I've always been a fan of characters who have a totally laid-back, carefree attitude to mask their potential for a whole can of whoopass when it is called for. For example, when she goes completely serious in fighting Tenshi during SWR's storyline.

...Plus her GREAT, BIG... scythe. :getdown:
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2011, 08:03:54 AM »
Byakuren and Tenshi has been occupying a place in my heart for quite some while now.
...and occupying a place in my party in a certain doujin game for quite some while too...
Lv max with almost max skill sets... hmm how did this ever happen...  :X

To say the truth, I don't really know why I like these two now, since they're quite the polar opposites of each other...

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2011, 01:31:52 PM »
Let's see...  How many places is she in now?
-My MotK icon
-My Facebook icon(Hisou/UNL version)
-My AIM icon(Also Hisou/UNL version)
-My computer desktop
-My phone background
-A folder with a few pics I've scouted out throughout the internet...

Yeah, I'd say the WHO is pretty obvious.

As for why?

-(Not-so-shallow)I'm almost always pulled towards the sword-users in games/anime/whatnot
-(Shallow)I like depictions of girls with silver hair, and/or short(Or alternatively, VERY long) hair.
-(Shallow)Her non-loli fanon-version is more modestly endowed(I'm not exactly interested in people with Komachi-brand flotation devices...)
-(Semi-shallow) I also like her outfit.  I don't normally go for long skirts on the ladies, but she makes it work.  (There're versions with her in a shorter skirt, like my icon, that I like even more, as an aside)
-(Not-so-shallow)I've always liked those characters who are the sort of 'knight' (Not necessarily by fighting style so much as personality) type, like the straightforward-ness and devotion to a cause(I mean, she DOES harrass you through a stage and a half...  Though many characters of her stage number do.) she shows.
-(Not-so-shallow)She may not be the first to do so, but she can fire bullets from a SWORD, and it's not silly stuff like a gunblade.
-(Is-it-shallow?)Her boss theme is my favorite of the non-final-boss themes in the series.
-(Not-so-shallow)Let's not forget that she can move at potentially what?  A quarter of lightspeed or something?  There's something inherently awesome about that, I think.

Uh...Did I overdo it, perhaps?
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2011, 08:28:38 PM »
I wouldn't really say I'm "obsessed" with Patchouli and Mokou but they're my two favourite characters. Patchouli's adorable and Mokou is epic.

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2011, 07:25:07 PM »
Yukari and Flandre, Why?
1:
"Manipulation of Boundaries"......Best.  Ability.  Ever.
*brofist*

2: As for any other reasons, I like to stick with the idea that people prefer or are drawn to things that resemble/remind them of themselves, I'll leave what you all think that means/is talking about up for debate.....

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2011, 04:22:58 PM »
Well, since we are saying why now.

Youmu was something pretty deep to me, I have this one story on which the main character is pretty much me with the life I wanted to have, he goes through hell in life and everything, but in the end he's "happy" (In the sense "everything's peaceful but also so dull there's nothing to do but do my job day after day asdf"), when I started to draw the chracter in my head, I kinda based him off of Youmu for some reason, subconsciously, I didn't notice that until much later, but it kinda stuck.

Miko, on the other hand, is something much simpler, she reminds me of a certain game chracter I personally like (coughcoughnekusakurabacoughcough) which immediately gives me an idea for a whole new arc in my series (even though it's pretty short), which is amazing considering that arc was everything I needed for one of the characters to get his much-needed resolution.

Then,I started to mentally compare her to various other characters, a Saint like Byakuren, a Human like Marisa/Sakuya/Reimu/Sanae, a Swordswoman like Youmu, an ability that looks weak but can actually be pretty strong, like Yuuka, and an amazing backstory, like oh so many Yukari backstory theories.

Plus her theme.
Her theme.

It's one of the very few original Touhou themes that got into my iPod, the others being A Small Desire's Starry Sky (Trance + Normal, because RAVE :geddan:), Last Remote, Lullaby For a Deserted Hell and Necrofantasia (It's just there until I find an actually good arrange of this thing that isn't Liverne's or IOSYS)

That's why I love them both and why I wanna write a Youmu Vs Miko fanfiction so badly and make it canon on my series (Latter is gonna be easy, former not so much)

SuikaLoli

• Let the pigeons loose!
  • DANMEKU STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2011, 12:16:05 AM »
MAMIZOU~
she's so cute, she has a catchy, playful tune, and she's a
FREAKING TANUKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okuu wants a hug!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Do you dare...?

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 12:54:00 AM »
YEAH LET'S USE CAPS TO EMPHASIZE WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I forgot to say why I like Futo!
Well it's actually just her hat. That, and boat.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:57:04 AM by Mewkyuu »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 02:14:29 PM »

no not really
well when you put it that way

because she's suppa kawaii
She's the motherfucking Hakurei. She maintains the Border. She's kicked everyone's arses. Fuck everything else.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2011, 02:31:31 PM »
because she's suppa kawaii

But but but but but
That too!!

SuikaLoli

• Let the pigeons loose!
  • DANMEKU STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2011, 10:50:34 PM »
YEAH LET'S USE CAPS TO EMPHASIZE WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heh, sorry... :fail:
Okuu wants a hug!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Do you dare...?

Drake

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2011, 11:14:12 PM »
omg 3 pastas?????

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Formless God

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2011, 11:17:51 PM »
Renko. A human from the outside world, completely different from the rest of the cast. She seems knowledgeable from her dialogue, and her song is the best song.

Also screw you OP, Tojiko is mine
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 11:21:54 PM by Anarchy Formless »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2011, 11:35:40 PM »
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2011, 12:10:56 AM »
Udonge!!!! =D

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2011, 07:02:50 AM »
Aya is pretty high up there, though not because she's fast. Her theme, Wind God Girl... It just seems so representative of Touhou's gameplay. Exhilarating, fast paced, yet when it slows it seems to make you appreciate the beauty in the patterns even more (even if Wind God Girl only appears in PoFV).
Her camera shooting games also probably helped with this. The idea that she can take on almost every girl in the Windows games without even using her own bullets. That's kinda why I don't believe that she should have been a stage four boss in MoF (though still a terrifyingly hard stage 4 boss).

Byakuren is probably my obsession, though. Her passion...
Doesn't bode too well for Miko, then.

bennelsey

• Touhou fan-game Developer
  • Will make Touhou fan-games for food
    • EastGap
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2011, 10:19:03 AM »
every character in a windows Touhou game for me, lol

not yet obsessed with those still under non-game / pc98 only status yet, but i did start to get obsessed with those three fairies ever since GFW

[edit] as to why, i blame the sheer amount of Touhou fan-made stuff i consume
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 10:36:54 AM by bennelsey »

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2011, 11:22:44 AM »
lol banned.

How about saying why you like your favorite characters so much? What sets them apart from everyone else? What makes them great? What are their flaws?
k

The reason I love Shinki the way I do is due a few reasons. For one, Shinki was my first final boss since I had gotten into actually playing the Touhou games (only started with PC98). The fight itself was one of the best experiences I've had in-game, plus that of her theme going great with the adreneline rush she had given me as I tried my best to pretty much overcome GOD. Alongside this is Shinki herself, I've always liked things that associated with all things demonic and since Shinki is the creator of these things, it was only natural for me to become attracted to her and the world she created. This being said, she's a very powerful woman, someone you don't want to fuck with because...hi, she's a goddess. Some of you may know me for being one to be independent and someone who doesn't like taking orders but, if it were Shinki, I would let her order me around all day~

Also, is her potential to be a rather maternal character, one who cares deeply for her creations and goes to great lengths to protect. Someone who, despite having untold amounts of power, still has a soft and gentle side to them. It's kinda interesting how fans often portray Shinki as this clingy mother figure to Alice when, in the reality of it all, she has an entire dimension of children that all originated from her. I was never certain on why Alice got such special treatment but, I suppose it's because "hurr durr Alice appeared in a Windows game."

That aside, I can say that Makai itself is another thing about Shinki I liked. I find myself often wondering what it's truly like beyond what I've seen in Mystic Square and UFO. Is it a psychaedlic dimension of eldritch energies and beings? Is it similar to the netherworlds I've seen in Disgaea? Or is it divided up into Circles in a fashion that's similar to what was seen in Dante's Inferno? How big is it? I remember it being said that Makai is a popular place where folks sealed monsters...what are these other monsters like and did Shinki actually permit them being sealed there? It's these questions that keep me interested in Shinki's own little universe and has even compelled me to map it out myself, creating my own answers for the ones ZUN won't give me.

Plus, Shinki's darn cute/attractive~
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:36:27 AM by Touji Suwagata »
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2011, 06:57:23 PM »
Satori, she always seemed like such a nice person and a real tragic character, being hated for being able to read minds. Not saying I wouldn't hate it if she did it to me but I like her all the same, also her character sprite funky dance makes me laugh, her theme is absolutely one of the best in Touhou for me, I love how it's very creepy and haunting, but a little tragic at the same time. Plus I like how she makes out she's awful at Danmaku then rapes my arse with double black death butterfly. ?_? Not impressed Satori.

I also like Yuuka, from both the PC-98 and PoFV, she was always just so cool, sure she's a flower youkai but she's completely awesome. And her themes are all awesome and she has a nice parasol.
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

TMiles

• Let's party!
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2011, 02:22:42 AM »
Miko - I love her's theme, her's butterfly wings, her's battle, her's design, her's backstory, I guess this pretty much shows that I'm in love with her

Mamizou - I love tanukis and the origami dogs/birds/frogs/sticks made everything better, her theme is also catchy as hell

Suika - Kawaiiiiiiii, love how she acts and her's powers, she's so happy <3

Also I love her's themes too.

Nitori - I basically like smart characters in general so Nitori easily became one of my favs, I also like her's personality and theme... Kapa-pa.

Alice - She was the first character I met, on SWR, she was the first character I used so she always will have a space on my heart <3

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2011, 02:36:22 AM »
Too many characters are great.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2011, 02:36:50 AM »
Suika - ?????

I really really wanna know what in the world you are trying to communicate there.

Spiderpig2398

• The One in all direcions
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2011, 03:12:23 AM »
I really really wanna know what in the world you are trying to communicate there.

I think he/she says she is cute and likes her ability of density control. Also, her personality.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2011, 03:21:06 AM »
I think he/she says she is cute and likes her ability of density control. Also, her personality.
Is that what "Kawaiiiiiiii" means?

Spiderpig2398

• The One in all direcions
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2011, 01:31:57 PM »
Is that what "Kawaiiiiiiii" means?

Not sure how I know, but yes.

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2011, 02:17:38 PM »
I wouldn't say that I'm obsessed with any character and it's also a bit tricky to pinpoint a favorite. But if I had to choose, I'd say Youmu.

At first, she and Yuyuko reminded me of Setsuna and Konoka from Magister Negi Magi. Since Setsuna is my favorite character in that manga, it's no wonder that Youmu caught my interest. I just like "rather serious and badass swordswoman, who is devoted to her mistress" type (which may be a tad specific), but I also like her cute side. I also like the human-and-phantom-in-separate-bodies thing, but I'm not sure why.

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2011, 06:42:05 PM »
Ahrrm, yes... I'm always terrible when it comes to motivating my opinions but here goes.

Utsuho is my absolute favorite character, only closely rivaled by Satori. I like her because of several reasons, the first one I can think of is the impression she left on me in the touhou dogfight video, which I saw shortly after discovering touhou.

That video was one of my first really strong impressions of the series, if didn't cause me to instantly fall in love with her, but it was a contributory factor to it all. Some time later, her actual battle managed to be the first battle with an attack that simply made me go "wow" and "HOLY SHIT" at the same time, every pattern before her had always been about bullets of moderate sizes weaving together into pretty patterns... but none of them had had the same type of force and "OOMPH" to them as the sun bullets. The sounds, the looks and the music all blended together into one of the most effective moments in the series for me. Though my absolute first in-game impression of her was simply her first non-spell slamming me in the face... mostly because I was expecting the same sort of pretty patterns previous final bosses had had, that probably helped my opinion in some way.

Character wise I love how she can leap between Mokou level, burning badassery, to silly, happy go lucky hell raven over to near genius levels of unexpected... err... for lack of better word, contemplation, while still seeming in character. (Ysy)s has one of my absolute favorite depictions of her, behavior wise.

Tying into her straight on spellcards, I also like her straight on personality. She doesn't need to mess around with you if she can just vaporize you where you stand.

I also like her friendship with Orin and the various interpretations of it.

Phew, that was a mouthfull  :V

I could probably write something about Satori too but... I like her more for personal reasons than anything else. (no)

EDIT: Oh, and as a science buff I absolutely love her ability <3
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.