Author Topic: Any specific character you're obsessed with?  (Read 34739 times)

Ultimate Soga no Tojiko fan

• The ULTIMATE Sockpuppeteer!!!!
  • You have NO idea how many other accounts I have.
    • Cirno 9
Any specific character you're obsessed with?
« on: September 03, 2011, 01:02:29 AM »
Me? My username says all...

SOGA NO TOJIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<Tengukami> And just so we don't end up with a thread that's just a list of names: why is your favorite Gensokyan your favorite? What makes them special to you? Do you remember when you decided she was your favorite?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 12:59:47 PM by Tengukami »
So! Ga! No! To! Ji! Ko!

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
Re: Any specific character you're obsessed with?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 01:14:29 AM »
Well, I've been rather interested in Miko recently...

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 01:33:58 AM »
SUWAKO SUWAKO SUWAKO SUWAKO!!!!!!!!!!!

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 02:28:01 AM »
Anyone but Chen or Orin.

I like Futo.

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 02:45:21 AM »
when I was a new fan I liked Marisa best, but lately I've been more into Nue but it's not really an obsession, I just like her a lot.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 04:10:21 AM »
Aya!

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 04:46:29 AM »
I was beyond obsessed with Youmu.

Now it's Miko, for some reason.

brb, gotta write a Youmu Vs Miko fanfic.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 04:52:54 AM »
Renko, Kogasa, Yukari, Maribel, Miko, and Minoriko.

In that order.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 06:15:40 AM »
\Shinki-sama~/

Jokes aside, yes. I do like Shinki quite a bit, although it's more a 'huge fan' kinda deal than a full blown obsession, I would say.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Drake

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 07:00:22 AM »

no not really

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Zil

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 07:07:56 AM »
Obsessed with Mokou. She's cute as a button!  :D

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 07:59:02 AM »
Aya, Satori, Nue, and maybe Kogasa.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »
A thread that's basically just a list of names isn't going to be really entertaining.

How about saying why you like your favorite characters so much? What sets them apart from everyone else? What makes them great? What are their flaws?

EDIT: Editing the OP.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 12:58:17 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Kazero

• Shooting Star
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2011, 12:28:06 PM »
I'm still new to Touhou so for now...none

Spiderpig2398

• The One in all direcions
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2011, 01:43:27 PM »
When I was first introduced to Touhou, I liked Youmu because I liked the Swords.

Now, I more prefer Cirno because I can trust her stupidity will be gotten over. Also, She is *sunglasses* A nice person(Pronounce it.).

Ultimate Soga no Tojiko fan

• The ULTIMATE Sockpuppeteer!!!!
  • You have NO idea how many other accounts I have.
    • Cirno 9
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2011, 02:57:16 PM »
Well now that the person edited my OP, I think I should post WHY I love Tojiko so much. Well, for starters, her design is rather unique. I don't care how many people say "OH SHE'S A MIMA LOOKALIKE SHE SUCKS" because Mima is one of my favorite characters too and I myself was disappointed when she wasn't in the awesome Ten Desires. I like how interesting her backstory was, too. She was denied ressurection, but interestingly enough, she didnt care. I also like how she looks like she wants a hug. I mean, she's not holding her arms out straight like Yoshika. It's almost like she died hugging somebody. I think that for her design, the little bit of her personality that I think I've figured out is... a little bit unfitting. But that's okay. All in all, the amazingly beautiful Soga no Tojiko is EPIC.
So! Ga! No! To! Ji! Ko!

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2011, 03:20:10 PM »
Ah well...if it already isn't obvious enough :3

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2011, 03:24:30 PM »
Yukari, because I like almost everything about her.

She feels like a woman with a lot of stories and mysteries, and she's quite powerful as well. I'd actually like to chat with her everyday because I'm that interested to know about what she knows with regards to Gensokyo and the outside world.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 03:28:32 PM »
Renko, Kogasa, Yukari, Maribel, Miko, and Minoriko.

In that order.
Renko:
I love her design so much. Freaking classy, badass, and normal compared to other Touhous.
Being a physics major and the ability to be a human GPS only makes her 20% cooler.
I also consider her to be a guy, no matter what canon says.

Kogasa:
http://www.youtube.com/user/PaperConan
Emotionally-troubled simple-minded ghastly umbrella who scares the living hell out of people.
The only reason she's one of my favorites is because of her spellcards. All of them are about storms, ghosties, and rainbows.
I also have an umbrella fetis-*shot*

Yukari:
The "uncanny smile" that can bend reality and existence without even trying.
I personally love the depth her ability has. Being able to mess around with the boundaries of reality in this world is as cool as you'll get.
Oh, and that ZUN hat.

Maribel:
I have a feeling her and Renko are going to be the ones who will uncover all of Yukari's and Gensokyo's secrets.
She isn't that interesting, but her story is so amazing.

Miko:
That hair. Those headphones. That sword/paddle.
And her Nights of Nights theme song.
I know nothing about her, but her overall design screams out pure badassery.

Minoriko:
I don't know why I like her.
It's probably because she is the best character to use against Yukari in Labyrinth of Touhou.
 The way she simply annihilated her using Falling Leaves of Madness (while Yuugi couldn't even touch her) was so amazing. :*

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 03:35:34 PM »
Mystia, Koakuma, Daiyousei, and the Aki Sisters. I think they're really cute and funny.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 03:49:22 PM »
What isn't there to like about Suwako? :3

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 04:11:48 PM »
Mokou, Mima, Mamizou, and

Mokou: is badass. And she wears pants.
Mima: Really, she isn't called charming demon for nothing. Just look at her MS art!
Mamizou: seems to be someone I could totally identify with for no particular reason.
Suwako: See above quote.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2011, 05:33:25 PM »
Hm... I guess for me it would be Nitori and Suwako.

Nitori: I've always liked kappa(/s?), I liked how her goal in MoF was pretty much to just save Reimarisa from getting hurt, she's a freaking engineer, and I love her theme. It's so friendly, yet lonely. It makes you wonder, does the friend to all really have friends?

Suwako:

In all seriousness, she's so freaking adorable it's not even funny, frogs are the second best animal ever, her theme is one of my favorites, and Pyonta-kun is a gentleman hat. Who may or may not be the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Edit: Actually, Nazrin is up there, too. Almost forgot. Funny thing is, I don't really know why I like Nazrin. I know part of that is her theme, but for me, liking Nazrin is the same thing as liking a color. I don't know why, I just do.

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2011, 05:38:49 PM »
I have a top 10 list but my absolute fave is...

KEINE KAMISHIRASAWA!!!

Since Cirno's Perfect Math Class was the first thing that got me to Touhou, I instantly fell in love with that "headbutting white-haired teacher".
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 05:41:07 PM by Sukusuku Keine »

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2011, 05:48:16 PM »
As if it wasn't obvious enough already... Rin Satsuki.  For so many reasons, but the main reason is probably because... I feel sorry for her.  It's a shame she never got to be a "real" character, even after all this time.

Also, Wriggle.  For numerous reasons, both deep and shallow, but mostly because I like bugs, tomboys and androgyny and she appeals to me in so many ways~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2011, 06:11:21 PM »
Patchouli for various reasons, the main one being my career choice (I'm seeking to become a librarian).

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2011, 06:13:15 PM »
Yorihime, she peeked my interest when curb stomped my favorite character.  Then in Inaba when she was defeated by Tewi Reisen and Reisen of all people, she sky rocketed up my list.  And lately I realized she has the potential to be one of the greatest Comically Series characters.  Maybe even up there with Batman and Castiel.  Look at who she's surrounded by: a slightly racist peach loviing sister and her "army."  And she's easily one of the most badass characters in the cast.  Which makes it all the more funny when stuff happens to her.

And she could always use more fans.

And it's a duo, but I'm sort of obsessed Marisa and Alice.  Even pics/stories that are Safe for Erebus.  I just love it when those two are together.  No matter what personality has been latched onto them, they act as perfect foils to each other.

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2011, 06:44:31 PM »
Aya-The second Touhou character I've come into contact with. To me, she's the most attractive out of the four. I thought the Tengu Geta looked strange on her, but it made her badass when I found out she can run with those on. Her Illusionary Dominance will always be once of my favorite spellcards of all time.

Satori-Personality wise, Satori wins. Her mind reading ability made her hated above ground, and she just takes it so calmly. Her only companions are her sister and the pets who do not understand their master. The only reason she fights you is basically summed up as "Um... Why are you inside my house?"

Nue-She took a while to grow on me. I'm not a fan of zettai ryouiki, but in Nue's case, it actually fits her design. Before I knew it, I was attached to her. Her wings and trident in fan art looks freaking badass. Nue wins in terms of coolness.

Kogasa-She's... too adorable...

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2011, 01:33:17 AM »
em...Rinnosuke? im very "famous" for that. (edit): i said a lot of times why i like him: glasses, pretty official art, magical intelectual, beautiful eyes, beautiful boy, clumsy, misterious, fantastic design...
and Marisa, Sariel and actually, Youki and Youmu too. Marisa, because i love her personality, is a tradititional witch and is fun; Sariel because the "true" Sariel is interesting, and because the sprites of that angel are beautiful; and the Konpakus for because they are awesome, the two. Only think who Youki never had an official apparence, but even that, all people figure him like a badass, in all forms; old, young,adult, even loli...Youmu is faithful to Yuyuko sama, to the point to risk her half life. Is constant, a hard worker, a bit inocent, but always give all of herself. and the two are green, my faborite color.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 05:06:55 PM by VIVItheFujoshi »

Monochrome Rainbow~* Technicolor Ochoufujoshi!
(?y ahora en espa?ol ,yay!) he will be Adequate?

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2011, 01:03:20 PM »
Maybe not exactly obsessed with anyone, but anyway:

Mima:
I love her dialogues, her design, her themes, and her general personality . In other words, basically everything about her. Oh, and I have a thing for both ghosts and magicians. What a charmer.  Love love~  :3

Shikieiki:
In my opinion, the kindest and most virtuous character in the series. She's just amazing. Great design too.

Marisa:
See Mima, minus the ghost bit.

Ran:
She's the reason I got into Touhou, so I owe her a lot . That, and I like her design and danmaku, as well as personality.

Yuuka:
I rarely like her fanon portrayals, but her canon personality is great even if it varies a little per game. And again, great themes and designs.

Futo:
My favourite of the new characters. She just makes me smile.

I could go on, but then we'd be here the whole week. Let's just say I like a whole slew of characters beyond the ones listed too.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:36:42 AM by Koakkuri »