Author Topic: Touhou 13: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Ten Desires (It's out! Beware of spoilers!)  (Read 253043 times)

_cf

• playing with training wheels
  • "Touhou" is japanese for "silly hats only"
    • my Pixiv
Am I the only one commenting on the nice ZUN hat under the game's jewel case? I rather loved how the right side is scribbled with a space-ship and stars.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Am I the only one commenting on the nice ZUN hat under the game's jewel case? I rather loved how the right side is scribbled with a space-ship and stars.
ZUN's berets are out of this world.
...please kill me for that

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target

That is so ZUN-y.  :3
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
After game2011 pointed out something on the silhouette, I took another look. At the time, I was on my phone, and tilting it, I could see something like a scythe the character was holding.

Could this possibly mean we'll get a reaper that can actually reap?

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
I believe that the character on the cover may be the Extra boss. For the past 4 games all of the final bosses have been extremely bulky (in clothing, of course :V), but this one seems somewhat... skinny. It could be Kyouko, since that "wavy scythe"-thing is actually part of the cover. It's wayyy to big to be a weapon... (unless ZUN is now going to give all his new touhous ridiculously large weapons. Memes ahoy!)

Oh, and will there be Last Words? I kinda just realized that there weren't any Last Spells in the demo, unlike IN.

Oh, and obligatory GET HYPE comment!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Everybody will be surprised as usual again from the cover. Nobody could guess UFO as well last time.

I believe that the character on the cover may be the Extra boss. For the past 4 games all of the final bosses have been extremely bulky (in clothing, of course :V), but this one seems somewhat... skinny. It could be Kyouko, since that "wavy scythe"-thing is actually part of the cover. It's wayyy to big to be a weapon... (unless ZUN is now going to give all his new touhous ridiculously large weapons. Memes ahoy!)
Seeing that ZUN shown both Ex and final bosses on the cover in early games, this is hard to guess.

No way a second stage boss is going to become an EX or final boss. Unless ZUN uber trolls us. Therefore Kyoko holding a weapon? Don't think so. And what do you mean ridiculously large weapons? Haven't you seen Reimu's Gohei on the title screen?

Oh, and will there be Last Words? I kinda just realized that there weren't any Last Spells in the demo, unlike IN
We don't know, yet.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
No way a second stage boss is going to become an EX or final boss. Unless ZUN uber trolls us.

Then I guess it's possible for a 1st stage or 3rd stage boss to become an EX-boss?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
Then I guess it's possible for a 1st stage or 3rd stage boss to become an EX-boss?

Alice

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Rika
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Paper Conan

• NOPE, just kidding~
Everybody will be surprised as usual again from the cover. Nobody could guess UFO as well last time.
Seeing that ZUN shown both Ex and final bosses on the cover in early games, this is hard to guess.
True.. true...
All we can do for now is guess, though.
No way a second stage boss is going to become an EX or final boss. Unless ZUN uber trolls us. Therefore Kyoko holding a weapon? Don't think so. And what do you mean ridiculously large weapons? Haven't you seen Reimu's Gohei on the title screen?
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/notascythe.jpg/
I just wanted to clarify something. While these lines may seem like a scythe, they probably aren't (I just realized I hadn't made myself clear). Seriously... a weapon like this would be too big.
(I'd be hilarious if they were, but nothing is confirmed yet)

To be honest, I don't really think the Final/Extra boss is going to be Kyouko (unless it's a Moriya Shrine Myoren Temple conspiracy) but for the meantime Rika, Alice, and Kogasa say hi.
We don't know, yet.
Shame, though I really wouldn't expect anyone to know yet.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Guys I'm telling you.

It's obv Koishi BV

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Alice

Rika

:wat: ...

You guys do realize I was giving a hint to those two, right?

Paper Conan

• NOPE, just kidding~

It was kinda obvious. BV

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!

What's PC-98? :derp:

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/notascythe.jpg/
I just wanted to clarify something. While these lines may seem like a scythe, they probably aren't (I just realized I hadn't made myself clear). Seriously... a weapon like this would be too big.
(I'd be hilarious if they were, but nothing is confirmed yet)

Yeah, I'm really not seeing a scythe there.

It is fun, though, reading the speculations of others as the hour gets nearer. Especially seeing everyone projecting their own hopes and dreams into the silhouette of a jewel case.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
Konngara. I'm saying its Konngara.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
That looked a little too much like a Prismriver hat, actually, so I call Layla. :X

obligatory F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Beef Owl

• Why yes, owls do yield beef:
  • It is known as The Strongest White Meat
The first three stages required little to no memorization.

Same with IN :/ eh, whatever, if it helps score runners who am I to complain, I'm a casual :V

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
I was just doing it because it complemented his post so nicely.  :derp:

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
Konngara. I'm saying its Konngara.
Nah. The silhouette looks a bit too feminine to be Konngara. And it lacks a horn :V
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Nah. The silhouette looks a bit too feminine to be Konngara. And it lacks a horn :V
She has horns, just not in those places, unless you mean her horn isn't actually a horn...

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
Actually, there is something visible that could be a horn, and depending on perspective it would even be in the correct position. The cloths wouldn't match at all, though, not even counting the whole no-lower-body thing. Then again, Yuka and Alice both looked way different in their reappearances. Then again then again, there is no reason to assume ZUN is going to bring any characters back except for wishful thinking.  :P

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
She has horns, just not in those places, unless you mean her horn isn't actually a horn...

Well, the girl in the silhouette looks as though she has got ears instead. And what's more, she has a short, bob-cut like hairstyle from what I can see. Konngara sports a ponytail :derp:
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
I'm not saying that she's Konngara, mind you.

EDIT: Eh, forget what I said...  Didn't notice you're the same person I replied to just now...

Same with IN :/ eh, whatever, if it helps score runners who am I to complain, I'm a casual :V

Okay then. I'd like to know which patterns in Stage 4, 5 and 6 require memorization? In IN that is. The only one springing to mind is Hourai Jewel. If he makes another one of those however, I'll book passage on a plane to Japan and knock his bloody head off.  :V

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Maybe you should write him an email now. There's still time for him to re-program the game just the way you'd like it, and I'm sure he'd be more than willing to listen to your concerns and take them seriously.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
Maybe you should write him an email now. There's still time for him to re-program the game just the way you'd like it, and I'm sure he'd be more than willing to listen to your concerns and take them seriously.

:trollface:

I giggled, though.  :3
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.

Surely you jest!

Just a bit longer...
I bet that the final boss is someone we've never heard of before.

Funniest thing I've heard all week.  :V

The suspense is killing me though...

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
Maybe you should write him an email now.
Come on, we both know how tsundere he is for ZUN.

ZUNdere, if you will.  :3