Author Topic: Touhou 13: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Ten Desires (It's out! Beware of spoilers!)  (Read 253040 times)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Previous thread, complete with a whole bunch of information in the first post: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9000.0.html

東方 神霊廟 ~ Touhou 13: Ten Desires (10D)

The clock is ticking for the full release. GET HYPE

Also, do keep in mind that we don't like hotlinking or unmarked spoilers in this thread, so host your pictures on imgur or something, and mark those spoilers with our wonderful spoiler tags.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Awwright, it's time for the yearly hype train. Let's start with the blog post!

http://kourindou.exblog.jp/

Can we get some translation in this thread yo?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
People on IRC managed to convince me to wait on getting this, but it does look interesting. I'll probably get it once the hype goes down a bit.

I really wish people would stop with the "stuff happens in a graveyard, so Mima is coming back!" crap, but I guess there's no harm in hypothesizing.

I'm going to try to keep myself from spoiling myself past the two new characters thus far, but if people decide to bring them into fanfiction or RPs or whatever, I guess there's nothing I can do.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
I'm going to try to keep myself from spoiling myself past the two new characters thus far, but if people decide to bring them into fanfiction or RPs or whatever, I guess there's nothing I can do.
Speaking of. We got rid of the spoiler policy for the trial version thread, but shouldn't the full version thread abide by spoiler rules? Since a lot of people are going to be following along here, and not everyone appreciates the final boss' identity (or the entire game beyond stage 3, really) being spoiled before they encounter it.

The cover was posted while I was asleep, so this was definitely a pleasant surprise to wake up to.  :3

My first impression was one of the Prismriver, sensible or not. Of course, after thinking about it a little, I came to the obvious conclusion:
Spoiler:
it's actually the Five Magic Stones disguised as one of the Prismriver sisters!
Or maybe it's, you know, some new character as per usual.  :D

Speaking of. We got rid of the spoiler policy for the trial version thread, but shouldn't the full version thread abide by spoiler rules? Since a lot of people are going to be following along here, and not everyone appreciates the final boss' identity (or the entire game beyond stage 3, really) being spoiled before they encounter it.

Sounds good to me.

Looks more like horns to me, there's something the looks like a horn under the texture on the other side. Would that make another oni ?

Quote from: ZUN
Since the final version of Shinreibyou was sent in, it's been an outrageous dance of moving and other such personal matters. But, one way or another, the end result has arrived.

It's a, hm... a calm CD jacket, yes. This is one of the ones that will be sold tomorrow, so my regards.
Touhou Shinreibyou costs 1000 yen, so, please make sure you have a 1000-yen bill prepared.

Oh, boy... I'm guessing the physical labor involved in packing will probably leave me collapsed before things even start, but here's to tomorrow anyway.

You know, ground, it would be nice if you didn't shake so much.

Also, just in case people aren't seeing it, the background of the jacket sort of obscures what looks like either another oni-esque horn or another part of a bow. I know, I thought it was a wizardly hat at first too, which would have totally made it either Mima or Layla Prismriver.

Looks more like horns to me, there's something the looks like a horn under the texture on the other side. Would that make another oni ?

Based on the shape, it looks more like a ribbon to me, but I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be horns either. You know, exactly what is Kasen hiding under those hair buns again? (Just a joke: while there's a chance it could be Kasen, I quite doubt it.)[quote author=Be Pok U (1998 burst style)

Thanks a million for the translation, vgperson!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 06:54:27 AM by Koakkuri »

Well... I though it was a wizards hat aswell.
The missing Prismriver was high on my list of quesses...

But then again... I am a Mima fan and once again suffering from bad denialism (it has to be Mima...
If not in this game then in the next one):
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Formless God

The rest of the cast will be brand new. I'm
Spoiler:
jinxing
it.

You know, ground, it would be nice if you didn't shake so much.
:ohdear:

Huh, I thought it was Mystia...

7TC7

• In best company
Could be Youki, if what he is holding turns out to be a sword (which seems quite likely)... Yeah, dressed like that~

But seriously speaking, this doesn't look like a final boss to me (Which doesn't mean I'd be surprised if she is). Could ZUN be going back to showing off the Extra Stage boss on the cover?
My first thought was Layla, as that which she is holding could easily be part of some instrument, too.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

I still can't believe it's until tomorrow. Such a long, yet short wait. I've run out of things to do and am desperate to kill time :(

Just guessing, but the silhouette kinda makes me think of.. a clown.

Woah, that's scary. Zombie clowns....
.. Wait a second.. She only has one leg? WHAT!?

Just guessing, but the silhouette kinda makes me think of.. a clown.

Woah, that's scary. Zombie clowns....
.. Wait a second.. She only has one leg? WHAT!?

You likely just been seeing my avatar.

But ye its totally mirror Kirby. Calling it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:23:01 AM by Cadmas »

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
I'm guessing it's another cat-like youkai. The structure of the things on her head looked like Chen's ears :V
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

Marisa being the Extra Boss in Great Fairy Wars was kind of a spoiler. But I don't see why mentioning the name of a new character is spoiler material.
Honestly though, I don't even get what there is to spoil about a Touhou game since the plot is pretty much pick good girl, go shoot bad girls until "defeated" and watch them explode. Most people here won't understand what's going on in the 'story' before its translated.

The rest of the cast will be brand new. I'm
Spoiler:
jinxing
it.
:ohdear:

It better be. ZUN has already reused two bosses.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
Honestly though, I don't even get what there is to spoil about a Touhou game since the plot is pretty much pick good girl, go shoot bad girls until "defeated" and watch them explode. Most people here won't understand what's going on in the 'story' before its translated.

There isn't much to spoil, but I'd really like to enter stages and see new characters for the first time inside of the game, not on screenshots or other places. That means no Pixiv or anything until next month, already got signatures and avatars blocked here, so may god have mercy on the fool who randomly throws screenshots or pictures into achievement threads or anywhere else you wouldn't expect them.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Just because there is not much to spoil doesn't mean that the little to spoil that there is should be allowed to spoil. For instance, the Yuyuko battle is much more awesome for the first time if you don't know of the battle's grand finale.  :derp:

Then again, I am probably going to do it like the previous years and try to avoid everything until I have unlocked extra and reached the boss by myself. After that, I don't think there will be anything that could be spoiled anymore.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
So ZUN will release it the second day ?
 Ha well...spoiler should start to fuse tomorrow, as well as the obvious fakes...

[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

I play Touhou as a puzzle shooter, not as a scorerunner or for some achievement-oriented play.

I want to see the patterns for myself, decipher their natures, then find the best way to go about handling them. The satisfaction that results is immense.

As such, I would really hate it if the patterns were to be spoiled.

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
As much as I want to not spoil myself too, I figure I'll be spoiled by fan-arts & stuff anyway. That, or I don't have self-constrain :<... I guess I just won't go as far as spoiling myself with their backstories & plot-related stuff like I usually like it, so I am very much go for spoiler warnings.

*tries something*
Except the music though... So excited to hear the new tracks and their trance/spirit world versions and combined versions and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! :getdown:
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Beef Owl

• Why yes, owls do yield beef:
  • It is known as The Strongest White Meat
Am I the only one who is still concerned about seeing "Spell Card Practice"? It implies to me that this game is going to be more fixed-pattern memory-based stuff like IN was

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
The spoiler issue will be handled by having 2 threads, 1 for general discussion (this one) and 2 for actual info (article thread with spoilers)

But we'll have to see how to exactly fit that. For now, nothing is known yet and so we can just either speculate on the cover picture or discuss random things.

I think that's a good way to handle that. I just don't hope its an issue if I mention a character by name in the accomplishments thread.

Am I the only one who is still concerned about seeing "Spell Card Practice"? It implies to me that this game is going to be more fixed-pattern memory-based stuff like IN was

The first three stages required little to no memorization. If that trend carries over to the full game then I don't think there is anything to worry about. It shall be nice for extra though. Suwako and Koishi has some trial n' error stuff that would be nice to have an opportunity to memorize effectively.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
Theory time yay~

Looking at the cover art, I think it's either a yama or an oni. She seems to be holding a yama stick and a judgment scale. There also seems to be a sword hung around her hips. I think some yama have horns. It could also be the third oni deva, wielding a couple of weapons. Or it's an instrument, like a big violin. Layla perhaps?

I have a feeling this would be the extra boss instead of final boss. A yama trying to put a stop to these necromantic shenanigans but arriving a bit too late. Or it's the phantasm boss. There could still be a chance for Mimerz or Layla to pop up.

I'm still hoping that the final boss is a revived Qin Shi Huang, the first Chinese emperor, with his terracotta army as stage enemies. Would explain why Yoshika, a jiang shi of all things, appeared in this game. Likely Qin Shi Huang will be turned into a loli ghost, but it'd be really cool if ZUN made him male. Even cooler if instead of a pretty boy it's a freaky undead skeleton or lich. It'd certainly be something different.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
I actually thought that the full game is out when I saw this thread...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:44:42 AM by game2011 »

Grimarg

• B-but you haven't promoted me yet!
  • Thanks Aoshi for the avvy! :3
Hell yeah Layla, just imagine the possibilities...

[Master Exploder appears on Grim's mind, but instead of Tenacious D, we have the Primsrivers]

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
I think that's a good way to handle that. I just don't hope its an issue if I mention a character by name in the accomplishments thread.

It takes two seconds to spoiler-tag information. Just err on the side of caution and general politeness for the time being. Don't think that's a lot to ask.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
I'm very busy with real life for a week, so I'll have to cut the internet to not be spoiled.

I think that the spell practice is there so you can enjoy the spellcards without the Trance.

I'm starting to think that Mima is becoming a joke character who is supposed to appear in every game.
Signature