Author Topic: Custom user shotsheets [ 0.12m & PH3 ]  (Read 102107 times)

Kanako Yasaka

Re: Expanded shotdata v4
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2009, 05:21:32 PM »
Thank you Hele, now I want to learn danmakufu. :x I'm assuming it's ridiculously hard so I'm just going to pretend this thread never happened.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2009, 05:26:15 PM »
Thank you Hele, now I want to learn danmakufu. :x I'm assuming it's ridiculously hard so I'm just going to pretend this thread never happened.

Danmakufu isn't hard. It is only hard when doing things like this. Aside that, once you got the required images and tools, it becomes piece of cake.

RavenEngie

• Now how'm I supposed to stop those mean ol' Mother Hubbards from tearin' me a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer, use a gun. If that don't work...
  • Gaming-Obsessed Illusionist
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2009, 08:30:43 PM »
=S don't know if the shot replace script was a good idea already Ravenlock.

Neh. Not like I've much of a life outside mah computer, won't take long to update the script. I just pity you making the damn bullets. :V
WALUIGI BACK! NOW THIS SIG IS FUNNY AGAIN!
Mah arts! :3

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2009, 07:59:21 AM »
Neh. Not like I've much of a life outside mah computer, won't take long to update the script. I just pity you making the damn bullets. :V

Don't pity me :V I am just contributing the community. So yea, feel free to go crazy now with the replace script.

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2009, 02:16:18 AM »
Im not sure if this is the correct place or not... But can I request Sanae's Frogs and Snakes?

Also I would appreciate it greatly if a recolor of the frog was made so it would look frozen, I want it for Cirno attacks.

Drake

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2009, 02:23:13 AM »
The correct place is here.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Re: Expanded shotdata ( Not finished! Working on it XD )
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2009, 08:27:30 AM »
I am not going to add anymore bullets as those kind of stuff can be declared as a familiar for example or an object with it's own graphic and collision. This is pure raw bullet. Else it will be a never ending declaring /editing of bullets from PoFV. I am slowly turning into a maniac as numbers are floating in front of my eyes.

Danmakufu allows maximum of 255 shots. So yea, there you go.

Oh wow, why didnt i think of that for murasa's anchor

Hat

• Just an unassuming chapeau.
  • I will never be ready.
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2009, 11:00:55 PM »
Hmh. With a couple of the bullets, i.e. Koishi's hearts, there seems to be a little tiny bit of... stuff that's being clipped into the bullet graphics. Same goes for 99% of the basic, small shots (the ones you stuffed in the upper left) if they get expanded into lasers. Why...?

Drake

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2009, 11:19:28 PM »
I would just say Danmakufu sucks, but it's becoming such an annoyance that I really want to find out why it's happening.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2009, 10:01:33 PM »
So I read through this whole thread. That sounded like hell... I have trouble just defining the rectangles for sprites so I'd hate to do it for over 250 bullets. Thanks a lot for this.

Also, is there a replace script for this yet? I made my own half-assed one for only RED and BLUE (guess for what?), but it'd be great if I could get all the IDs replaced.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2009, 08:31:50 AM »
@Karfloozly Lasers are drawn with Additive blending I think. And the bullets have transparant background so they will look really fucked up if you try to extend them ingame. Though I have used the lasers images in my shotsheet for my Halloween script and didn't had problems there.

Though still strange as I haven't seen problem with Koishi hearts yet, let me take a look at it ingame. What did noticed was that that the yellow bullet doesn't rotates smoothly  ( it is slightly off )

@Drake About the bullets missing pixels. The problem is danmakufu. The only way to solve this problem is to split ALL the bullets from eachother and leave 2 or more pixels around them for angular animation. Danmakufu fucks up and doesn't keep the center when the bullet is being turned/angled. I had to intentionally cut away 1 pixel from bullets otherwise they blend into the other one.

@Blargel there is no replacescript for this. Don't be lazy and spawn them with IDs :V

Edit: I don't see any problems with the koishi hearts being cut off or anything. Are you sure you are using the latest version?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 08:36:13 AM by Helepolis »

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2009, 10:42:57 AM »
SHOT REPLACE SCRIPT HAS BEEN MADE

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3185156/ExpandedShotDatav4%2Bshotreplace.rar
1. Extract "ExpandedShotDatav4 in your lib folder.
2. Add #include_function "libExpandedShotDatav4shot_replace.dnh" in your enemy script
3. Add ShotInit; in @Initialize.
4. Spam bullets.

Lawence Codye

• The Nine Tails of Subconscious...
  • Come & your desires shall all become reality...
Re: Expanded shotdata v4 + shotreplace ( Finally ! )
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2009, 09:55:53 PM »
Finally indeed...downloads this instant...
I am the Nine Tails of Subconscious...

Come & your greatest desires will be reality...

Fujiwara no Mokou

• Hourai Incarnate
  • Oh, so this trial of guts is for ME?
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2009, 10:01:35 PM »
I noticed that the color for one of the bullets are off.

If you look at the small round bullets with outer layer, when it loads in Danmakufu the color isn't what it should be.  It's a lot brighter than it's supposed to be.
For some reason, having a RGB 000 black instead of a transparent layer inside fixes it.

It blocks out anything that's completely black, isn't it? Just wanted to point that out. Danmakufu is weird.

« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2009, 01:12:47 AM »
ADD versus ALPHA blending will change that.

Fujiwara no Mokou

• Hourai Incarnate
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2009, 01:20:13 AM »
ADD versus ALPHA blending will change that.
I know. I was using alpha. Try this and compare, you'll see the difference.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2009, 07:53:59 AM »
I'll test it when I returned from my exam today. I am extremely bothered about the round bullets and other coloured bullets. Also I moved the surpository towards another section on the sheet so they appear better. Though it won't affect the ID order. Cosmetic updates can be simply replaced.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2009, 05:03:06 PM »
You are right Fujiwara. Though only the round bullets with rings get better with this method. But the other regular round bullets mess up extremely hard.

I will try to improve the shotdata once more to make the bullets more beautiful. ( Here we go again :V )

Fujiwara no Mokou

• Hourai Incarnate
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2009, 05:26:23 PM »
You are right Fujiwara. Though only the round bullets with rings get better with this method. But the other regular round bullets mess up extremely hard.

I will try to improve the shotdata once more to make the bullets more beautiful. ( Here we go again :V )

The other bullets, try to put a black background rbg 0,0,0 in the graphic rectangle. It doesn't even have to be inside the bullet, but inside the picture- the part that gets loaded in Danmakufu. you could put it in a corner or something, it won't show up since Danmakufu blocks out rgb 000, but will come out nicely.
I don't know why, but it seams Danmakufu NEEDS it to render colors properly.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2009, 05:53:07 PM »
Oh, just so you know, it would be nice if you had additive versions of the large round (02) bullets for a future update. It's easy to change the background of the shots to black and change the shot data yourself, but they really should be standard considering the sheet lacks anything else good for a CreateLaser01. I would recommend replacing the ones above the bubbles (seriously I don't think those have ever been used as actual bullets, they're probably bullet delay graphics or something).

And on the topic of the round bullets, the messed up graphics only ever appear for me when the bullet is fading out.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2009, 06:32:03 PM »
The other bullets, try to put a black background rbg 0,0,0 in the graphic rectangle. It doesn't even have to be inside the bullet, but inside the picture- the part that gets loaded in Danmakufu. you could put it in a corner or something, it won't show up since Danmakufu blocks out rgb 000, but will come out nicely.
I don't know why, but it seams Danmakufu NEEDS it to render colors properly.
I didn't quite get this, show an example please.

Oh, just so you know, it would be nice if you had additive versions of the large round (02) bullets for a future update. It's easy to change the background of the shots to black and change the shot data yourself, but they really should be standard considering the sheet lacks anything else good for a CreateLaser01. I would recommend replacing the ones above the bubbles (seriously I don't think those have ever been used as actual bullets, they're probably bullet delay graphics or something).

And on the topic of the round bullets, the messed up graphics only ever appear for me when the bullet is fading out.
I added the lasers to be used as lasers actually. But I think they require a black BG aswell with additive drawing. I'll see what I can do ( you mean the really large round bullets in the same catagory as the knives and such. )

The glowing bullets are indeed used for delay animation in ZUN's original games. I just left them in because they look nifty and people can perhaps also use them for the same reason.

Fujiwara no Mokou

• Hourai Incarnate
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2009, 11:49:01 PM »
I didn't quite get this, show an example please.

This

would be this

Since it's RGB 0,0,0  Danmakufu will ignore the black, and it will bring out the bullet's true color like the bullets with outer layer I posted before. Maybe this will solve your problem.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2009, 11:56:44 PM »
The problem is it does brings out the true colours in the bullets but it messes up the bullets in some occasions as well, leaving an ugly black border around them. I am going to play around with this tommorow and test each row of bullets section by section to see how they behave between black and transparant bg.

Fujiwara no Mokou

• Hourai Incarnate
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2009, 01:47:16 AM »
An ugly black border?
That's usually if the black isn't a pure black. If it is a pure black, it should be equivalent to being transparent.

Drake

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2009, 02:10:27 AM »
It's been tried before earlier in this very thread. Look at the first page.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2009, 04:04:22 PM »
What Drake said. You should read the entire thread ( especially page 1 ) as I have been struggling for a long time with these.

Fujiwara no Mokou

• Hourai Incarnate
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2009, 05:38:18 PM »
Oh, I know. From the looks of it, it only includes the black that's near the colors.

If you separate it, so it's at the border of the rectangle, it just might work. Put in just a single dot of black somewhere at the corner of each bullet, away from the colors but still in the graphic rectangle. That should work.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2009, 09:07:34 PM »
Tried it, it doesn't work (used photoshop to compare a pixel in both bullets. No difference)
( left shotsheet with black not touching the bullet but in same rect, right no black, regular transparant bg)

Somehow the bullet needs to blend with the black BG to make it appear better. I tested EACH row of bullets section for section by adding a black BG to them to see how they appear in game. Only the Murasa bullets appear to be OK with black BG. So that makes two types suitable for black background with ALPHA drawing.

I finished the shotsheet cosmetic update. Also fixed the double ID for the Iceshots with discarding blue ( as darkblue has almost similar colour ) See attachment in next post for the script + shotdata. Test is, feedback it

Onthenet, you didn't clarify your post clearly. I have no idea what you were talking about exactly ( which bullet ).

« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 11:41:22 PM by Amakasu Barley Helepolis »

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2009, 10:06:48 PM »
the large round (02) bullets

So yeah, the ones near the knives and butterflies.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2009, 11:40:20 PM »
Like this?

( updated attachment, download this one for testing, removing previous )

What did I do in this update?
- Moved several types of bullets seperate vertically giving them more space, thus appearing ingame less cut off. (Like suppository, Icicles, Dark pellets etc.)
- Added black bg for the round bullets with ring + murasa DORPLETS ( :V Naut ) This seems to make them more beautiful
- Removed duplicate ID 81 ( has no impact on the order of IDs for other bullets )
- Tweaked several more SetGraphicRects for bullets
- Increased spinning of bubble bullets from 25 to 35
- Added spinning effect to the glowing bullets ( because these can be used as laser flashes, see MoF/SA/UFO )
- Added large round bullets with black BG as ADD type ( Onthenet suggested this as alternate laser bullet )
- Did some more stuff I forgot
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 11:10:30 AM by Helepolis »