Author Topic: Acceleration of Suguri 2  (Read 4411 times)

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
Acceleration of Suguri 2
« on: August 06, 2011, 08:18:15 PM »
Spinning is lovely.

Trial is at the website along with a crossfade of the soundtrack.

Full version is being released at this Comic Market 80!
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 10:33:47 PM »
Want. :3

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 11:01:27 PM »
Played around with all the characters for an hour or two, my thoughts so far.

• New anti-spam system is interesting and will take some getting used to.  Basically it forces you to use both your W1 and W2 shots instead of just spamming the same move or move type (hi standing W1).
  • Suguri got some nice damage buffs.  Far alt+w1 is now a three slash wave combo instead of a slash and a  beam rifle shot.  W1+Hyper got about a 250% damage increase, she can really do some insane damage now.
  • Sora's about the same.  Missiles got a damage buff as well as a spammability buff, which really seems to be about all she needed to keep her on par with (or better than?) Suguri.
  • Saki got majorly buffed.  Tambourines have ridiculous hitstun now, and she has a universal damage buff for everything but MAURYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (which actually got a duration nerf).  Also has an alt+dash+w1 dashing maraca melee, which does some very high damage...and seems to plow through projectiles.
  • Alte is fun.  Not very good when her W1+Hyper isn't out, great when it is.  Her effectiveness almost completely depends on how good your opponent is at blowing that bit up.
  • StarBreaker is my waifu, why can I not play as her yet. ;______;

Optimistic for the full version, they're doing a better job with balance this time (though I reeeeeaaaaally hope Saki's tambourines get a hitstun nerf...)

EDIT: Uploaded me fighting Suguri as Alte, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlOj9oEuLRQ

Currently in the process of uploading Sora vs Saki.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 01:48:00 AM by Esoterica »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 01:47:56 AM »
Nice, I suck though, I can't even 1cc the game yet on normal, fail. I refuse to try acceleration of suguri 1 yet until I 1cc the damn game damnit.

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 02:38:24 AM »
First Suguri game's pretty tough unless you're really good at abusing sword/spreader.  I can do Sora and AoS 1cc on hard, I can S-rank every boss fight (except Mira for some reason) on hard in Sora, but I'm still on stage 4 Suguri.

Just saying, I'd move on to the other games then come back to Suguri later, if I were you.

EDIT: 'nother vid uploaded for the other two characters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aMqUZPk93I
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 03:35:39 AM by Esoterica »

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 11:45:55 PM »
Saki has completely ruined this demo for me.

If tambourines aren't nerfed in the full version, this game is dead to me.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 02:01:24 AM »
Saki has completely ruined this demo for me.

If tambourines aren't nerfed in the full version, this game is dead to me.

You aren't the only one. lololololololol

Not that Alte is much better. :V

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 03:39:59 AM »
You aren't the only one. lololololololol
yeah uh I'm the sora in that vid :V