Author Topic: Touhou Seichuuji (ph3 full game)  (Read 2842 times)

Touhou Seichuuji (ph3 full game)
« on: December 21, 2011, 08:01:54 PM »
Well, I'm finally starting a full game, and in ph3.

There will probably be only one player available, but this player will be extremely versatile, as you'll have a choice between more than 50 attack patterns, which you can trigger via a counter, similar to cirno's one in youseidaisensou except it has no maximal limit, activated with the bomb button if the counter exceeds 100.

That triggers a timer of one second for each 30 points in your counter, during which you have to input directional keys. Groups of four inputs make "symbols" (one for each of the five elements) and you can input up to 5 symbols. The triggered attack pattern will be the longest one matching your inputs.

Uh well ... just look at the demo video, the details are there too. The sprites here are just placeholders ...

KFCbbQ

• Taking over the world.
Re: Touhou Seichuuji (ph3 full game)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 02:24:20 AM »
Looks to me that the spell system definitely has potential. Being able to utilize various spell patterns means you can clear enemies more effectively in different situations...

I am slightly confused about the spell counter however, ie. If every 30 points extend the spell casting by 1 second, does this mean the player have more time to mash the arrow keys, or does it actually extend the duration of the spell? Also the learning curve of this game seems to be quite steep, not only you have to memorize the patterns for the 5 basic elements, but also the correct sequences for the 50+ spells patterns.

Anyway, good luck with the project. *Awaits eagerly for release*

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 12:42:27 PM »
Having more points will extend the time you have to make your inputs. 3 seconds is quite a short time actually if you have to press 20 keys in a specific order,  so if you want to use a spell with many symbols, you will probably want to build you counter past the 100 points.

I can afford to make a tutorial stage in order to make sure you get the basics before playing the game.

Yusukeisbestpairing

• Cookie-liker of all Humankind
  • I like cookies. No seriously.
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 05:45:14 PM »
1. Looks amazing ^o^

2. A Tutorial level would be nice, just looking at it doesnt really tell me how its done ^^"

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 01:40:51 AM »
Woah potential. This system looks awesome. Keep it up!
I was also immediately reminded of Patchoulli and how she mixes up her elemental stones to get different spellcard results.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 04:33:40 PM »
Maybe is it because the player script will actually be a Patchy script  :3

As for Sun and Moon-composed spells, well, this is a secret !