Author Topic: Let's Politics! - Issue 1: Hydras. I -hate- Hydras.  (Read 52291 times)

PX

• School Idol?
Re: Let's Politics! - Issue 1: Hydras. I -hate- Hydras.
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2011, 11:56:16 PM »
No Dan, if we do secret slaughters, then everyone will get suspicious. I ASSERT that secretly assassinating everybody will get the country all riled up against us. Then we'll have a war on our hands. Let's just slaughter and humiliate them publicly to discourage uprisings.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2011, 11:59:07 PM »
There appear to be two in favor of rounding up and nuking the hell out of the hydras, one in favor of rounding up the hydras and taking care of the covertly.
Lady Lambdadelta, your thoughts on this matter?

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2011, 12:17:09 AM »
I was under the impression that we are only killing the TOWN Hydra faction.

Irregardless, Zakeri stated his willingless to use a peaceful solution.  If compromise with the other militaristically minded cabinent members becomes impossible, I will stand by Zakeri and his yet unexplained peaceful solution to this ruckus.

Edit: Also Momijibot was against nuking, and has yet to proclaim whether to perform the killings in the open or not.  Px did not directly specify whether he wants the Hydra's nuked or not.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 12:21:38 AM by ActionDan »

Don't lynch me.

Momijibot

• Well?
  • What can you do?
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2011, 01:25:04 AM »
I was against nuking them In our own territory-my apologies for not specifying. If we raided them and round them up, found a safe enough killing spot and then nuked them, I suppose all would be well.

As I have said, this is the Dormioship, so my opinion as to whether or not to commit the act of murder (which must be done with SOME form of nuke, even if it's a tiny, less potent nuke) would depend on the Hydra support, which I do not remember reading polls on. If one of us would be kind enough to provide me with such information, I would happily take a side-but, failing that, I would default to following the Dormioship at least, while he is in power. Which, of course, would be doing the act in public while reminding people they voted in [iwhat must be done, and nothing more or less than that[/i].

ARE we killing all hydras, or just the TOWN? Inevitably, after their 1200 year history acting against the SCUM, townies(people who support TOWN) will most likely try and wage war on mafia(those who don't).

However I will assert that if we nuked them within our country, we would have said country turn on us, and we would lose support.

I would also like to call my fellow members of congress:If we do not have a name for our capital, should we call it Kalifornia?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2011, 01:38:04 AM »
In regards to the hydras, my current proposal is that both the hydras, and the group that threatens our country if hydras are not dealt with must be cut down to size.
We shall gather all of the hydras, and as many terrorists as we can, funnel them into a secure area on the outskirts of our country, and then nuke the hell out of all of them.

Additionally, to the media. I am chiding you.
Do you honestly believe that a man should not use all resources available when he is doing something for the good of the entire nation?
Pesco truly embodied our country's willingness to do what must be done, and you would label him as a criminal for it?

ActionDan

« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2011, 01:54:56 AM »
Guys a thought just occured!!.  Nukes don't kill Hydras!  They would only mutate them, into Hydras with more heads!  The only thing that can kill a Hydra, as evidenced in this forum is fire! Plain and simple burning fire!  Round them all up and kill them with fire!

Alright we can do the act in Public, but only so much as our public is witness only.  Media broadcasts would be limited to this nation alone, and none else could see this violence.

This is as far as I'm willing to go.

Voters would be satisfied that Dormio's promise of killing Hydras was fulfilled.  Hopefully Momijibot would be willing to compromise on this.

Edit: Also fire is a much more efficient way to use tax payer money wisely than a nuke would be.  Burn them all with Fire!

Don't lynch me.

Momijibot

• Well?
  • What can you do?
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2011, 02:18:56 AM »
Voters would be satisfied that Dormio's promise of killing Hydras was fulfilled.  Hopefully Momijibot would be willing to compromise on this.
An acceptable compromise. While the Nuke would be the go-to Dormioship weapon, public murder also fits our persona.

May I suggest that we find and recruit non-government-official members of our country who dislike hydras to go through with the burning? It would most certainly be barbaric, but it would tell the people that we want them to stand with us, not under us.

Also, still looking for feedback on our proposed capital's name.

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2011, 03:00:51 AM »
Mr. President, I urge that you condemn Pesco in this matter.

The concerns expressed the DWH organization are valid. This country was built on democracy, and the idea that any one vote is equal to another. No one vote can be worth more or less than another. To allow this practice of, "hydra voting" to continue shifts UNFAIRLY the balance of power in this country. Any person who has the kind of power that Pesco is accused of having must be stopped.

Mr. President, if you do not nip this in the bud now, your government will be forever known as an autocratic regime, and this is only the beginning. This will only lead to corruption and further voting shenanigans. Ballot stuffing, you name it.

We cannot allow this to happen. We must be a government for, of and by the people!

ActionDan

« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2011, 03:11:38 AM »
LLD would you kindly take a stance on the Hydra killing to present to our negotiating table?

Don't lynch me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2011, 03:18:27 AM »
To ActionDan: Your thought is an admirable one indeed.
Fire is a great solution to many problems.
The only thing that is holding you back is the scale.
And what burns greater than a nuclear flame?
So far, it would seem that killing the hydras is going ahead.
The only question is how we want to go about it.
I have yet to see a convincing argument against nukes.
We are not cowards.
We are not afraid to demonstrate our power against those that would threaten the state.

In regards to Pesco's actions, I fail to see why he should be condemned.
This country may have been built on democracy, but clinging to tradition will only result in the fall of our country.
I have said before that people are not born equal.
What use is this if the people with power do not use it?
Why should we limit ourselves so that those at the bottom can feel as if they are equal to everyone else, when they are not?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2011, 04:51:00 AM »
Right, let's move the hydras to a safe, undisclosed area, and nuke them there. Or just shoot them with our army, no biggy. However, press must go down.

Oh right, fire. We can also have nukes and fire. :3
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:03:05 AM by PX »

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2011, 05:06:15 AM »
Hey Dormio~ I'll trade you those dull old nukes for this ~*Shiiiiny*~ set of beads! Look at them, they're BRIGHT FORUM BLUE and flaaaaashy. ^.^

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2011, 05:10:05 AM »
~*Shiiiiny*~ set of beads! Look at them, they're BRIGHT FORUM BLUE and flaaaaashy. ^.^
SQUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-
*Dormio coughs*
Ahem. I cannot be bought with mere beads. Blue beads. Blue shiny beads. Blue shiny flashy beads. GIVE ME THE GODDAMN BEADS.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2011, 05:11:37 AM »
I say you threaten her with Nukes so she gives you the beads. If she doesn't give you the beads, you can always give her the nukes. Preferably flying at her head.

And I also forgot. Fire and nukes, not just nukes. :V

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2011, 05:13:07 AM »
That is an excellent solution PX, as is your suggestion of combining both fire and nukes.
This is why you're a member of my cabinet.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2011, 05:16:25 AM »
We tried to warn you earlier, but as a Hydra I will only grow more heads if you nuke me. :3
I will possibly gain the ability to breathe fire as well.
So just hand over the nukes~ And we'll give you both  the beads and a fire breathing hydra monstrosity to destroy the interlopers~
Edit: Oh, there are rules about hydras, I couldn't find them earlier. Further bead offers will be sent through Agent Red Shirt Dan.  :flamingv:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:18:53 AM by Shadoweh »

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2011, 05:17:16 AM »
That's why we have FIRE! Clearly, if you read your mythology, after killing a head, Heracles BURNED THE NECK, thus STOPPING THE HEADS FROM GROWING MORE HEADS!!!

Momijibot

• Well?
  • What can you do?
« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2011, 05:20:54 AM »
That's why we have FIRE! Clearly, if you read your mythology, after killing a head, Heracles BURNED THE NECK, thus STOPPING THE HEADS FROM GROWING MORE HEADS!!!

I am throwing in my support of this fine person's statement.

Also keep your nukes out my country :colbert:. Nuking people is fine, but make sure you do it OUTSIDE THE HOUSE COUNTRY. I have this geiger counter which will go off because of the radiation in the air. But if goes far above that, mister, then you're losing nuke privileges until you're sorry.

And no beads until after your chores are done young man.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2011, 05:24:22 AM »
So the current opinion on the hydra issues appears to be:
  • Round up the hydras, place them in a detention center at the borders of Kaleidoscopedia
  • Round up the dissidents, place them in a detention center at the border of Kaleidoscopedia
  • Nuke the hell out of the hydras and dissidents
  • Set fire to the remains
Objections? Because this plan appears to be in line with my view for a greater Kaleidoscopedia.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2011, 05:26:21 AM »
This is going to be quite costly. I say funding some money towards the military will allow us to do the proposed plan.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2011, 05:29:33 AM »
Developments continue, and you haven't even gotten to that press conference yet! Well, it'll be soon...ish. Yeah. To add further fuel to the fire, there has been a terrorist attack. The simple, hydra-loving J.O.B. was made, well, JOBless when a bomb had been set up in the office of his boss, leaving dozens without work! The activist group Down With Hydras! has claimed responsibility, and warns more will follow if this continues.

If the situation is allowed to grow, then there'll be more terrorist attacks. Your CBTS Chief Cirno has come up with a plan to deal with the terrorists, and it involves baseball bats, kneecaps, and swinging hard enough (and plenty of times) until the terrorists buckle and give in. There may be some repercussions from the public, and Cirno isn't entirely sure who are and are not members of DWH, but even if you get a few innocents mixed up, well, it's a good cost, right? ... right?

President, you've got to make a decision at 2 PM GMT, August 6th. You have until then to discuss and decide. The options, as you see them, are as follows:

1) Nuke the shit out of that city. Nuking is always the answer to everything.
2) Let Cirno proceed with her plan. Not nukey, but it gets the job done.
3) Buckle in to the terrorist demands and ban hydras. Obviously, this is the least violent way to deal with the situation.
4) You do not give in to terrorists. But you also don't want to harm your people. Come up with a solution that satisfies both goals. As the situation progresses, more information could help you devise a plan D.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2011, 05:35:13 AM »
I am paid to lead, not to read.
That's what you people are for.
So get to it, think up a fourth option before it's too late and I am forced to nuke this very country.

ActionDan

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:38:11 AM by ActionDan »

Don't lynch me.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2011, 05:37:19 AM »
We do not give in to terrorists! However, we should prepare the nukes and fire. But, we should first try to stall for time while saving a little amount of people. After all, the country will treat you like a hero if you save 2 out of 150 lives. But in the end, we nuke the fuck out of them!

ActionDan

« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2011, 05:44:29 AM »
Omg Dormio, We can use the beads you bought off me to lure those cunning and despicable terrorists!  All swindlers love shiny and beatiful precious gems!  All we have to do is use some tacky costume jewellary to lure them out, then burn them on the spot as their new found possessions melt gloriously in their hands AND THE PAIN THE PAIN.  It's so very fun to watch teacherous adults scream in agony as the fire glitters in your eyes!

Don't lynch me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2011, 05:49:01 AM »
I don't understand why you're so opposed to using both nukes AND fire.

Momijibot

• Well?
  • What can you do?
« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2011, 06:17:33 AM »
Your presidency, may I suggest that we,in order:
  • Get our intelligence to get a full list on the membership of the group DWH.
  • Get Cirno to round up the DWH, with the list.
  • Round up the dissidents
  • Round up the Hydras
  • Place them all in the same detention centre at the border, as far away from life and such as possible.
  • Make them put up with each other for 3 days to spite the lot of them
  • Get our workers out, Initate lockdown, fill the insides with gasoline-hell no, gasoline's expensive. Think of an alternative to gasoline. and radioactive fluid.
  • SET THAT BITCH ON NUCLEAR FIRE.

It's like a nuke, but with less of our nukes being used.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 06:19:57 AM by Momijibot »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2011, 06:30:14 AM »
This is a plan that appeals to me.
The hydras are nuked and set on fire, the terrorists are taught their place, and we develop more efficient nukes in the process.
Counter arguments?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2011, 07:12:59 AM »
None here.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2011, 07:59:58 AM »
Seems I'm a bit late.

Hydras must be killed with FIRE. Any other way is futile.

TOWN is not a hydra but a collection of independent thinkers who share the vision of rooting out SCUM.