Author Topic: 29-07-2011 IRC fixed, ppirc resolving [ webchat unborked ]  (Read 12837 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
29-07-2011 IRC fixed, ppirc resolving [ webchat unborked ]
« on: July 29, 2011, 03:23:23 PM »
As of unknown time, some webchat users and irc users will have trouble connecting to motk IRC.

Quote from: Dragoshi on Skype
[11:15:56] -Suzuran- It looks like ppirc.net stopped resolving for some reason. If you get disconnected, you can use cirno.lunar-tokyo.net as the server name to get reconnected to here.

Client users can use that address to connect to motk. Webchat users are unfortunately temporarily unable to join.

Keeping you updated.

ppirc resolved, Nitori and TSO fixed it.

--Helepolis
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 07:11:37 AM by Helepolis »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: 29 - 07 - 2011 ppIRC does not resolve [webchat / irc borked]
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 03:47:31 PM »
Thanks, this is good to know. I only recently started popping by IRC again, so I'm happy someone found a work-around.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

[⑨] Suzuran

• Neko Neko Wai~
PPIRC.NET IS BROKEN, SPREAD THE WORD
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 05:13:16 PM »
For some reason ppirc.net stopped resolving.
TSO is at Otakon and can't deal with it immediately.
Please spread the word that you can still get on IRC by using cirno.lunar-tokyo.net until then.
(Except for the web chat, Cirno doesn't have the web chat. Webchat users are just screwed, I guess.)

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
Re: 29 - 07 - 2011 ppIRC does not resolve [webchat / irc borked]
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 05:14:08 PM »
Ah, so that's what it is huh?

Here I thought it was just my comp messing things up again. Thanks for the info.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
Re: PPIRC.NET IS BROKEN, SPREAD THE WORD
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 05:22:59 PM »
And go figure, according to the timestamp on this thread, I tried connecting to the IRC about two minutes after you posted this. Hooray for just missing the bulletin @.@

Tengukami

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 05:28:06 PM »
There's also a thread on this here, which offers a decent workaround.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 05:52:41 PM »
Bah.  And I can't install a real client at work.

Well I guess I'll get to test if my productivity increases without IRC.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 05:55:28 PM »
Use a portable client.

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 06:11:34 PM »
Hm. For whatever reason, this one isn't working for me in Chatzilla. Even though my user mode is +wx instead of +i (all I really know about user modes is that +i is invisible), no usernames are showing up in the user bar, not even mine. I would think it's a problem with the user mode, but it's automatically switched to +wx when I join the channel.

So, unless this is a problem with my user mode, I guess I get to wait until #Shrinemaiden is back. Oh well.

Edit: So, out of curiosity, I tried entering a message despite the apparent lack of other people. This is the message I received:

"Please do not just type into this tab, use an actual command instead."

So, you have to use a command to actually talk to people? i find that odd.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 08:26:25 PM by Squawkers »

Tengukami

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 06:48:57 PM »
Uh, why do we have two threads about this?

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 06:51:33 PM »
Uh, why do we have two threads about this?

Threads are now merged. Looks kind of weird now, but eh. :x

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 07:10:53 PM »
I cannot get cirno.lunar-tokyo.net to connect, either.

But given I am unfamiliar with the wily ways of IRC, perhaps I am doing it wrong? Could someone give me the instructions for thick people, and show me if I'm doing something flagrantly incorrect?

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 08:18:30 PM »
I've put a message (and a link to the new place) onto my site, primarly for my comic's own IRC channel.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: 29-07-2011 IRC problems, ppirc not resolving [ webchat borked ]
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 08:48:14 PM »
@ Purvis,  cirno.lunar-tokyo.net works fine because it can be pinged.

Any Mirc user can just type  /server cirno.lunar-tokyo.net  to connect to IRC. Similar IRC clients should support the same thing.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 09:09:41 PM »
Gracias, Charisma Collator!

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 09:12:55 PM »
Yeah, mIRC seems to work for me, as well. So, unless people are on the IRC right now, and mIRC is also acting up and secluding me, I guess it's just a problem with Chatzilla.

Thanks!

Tengukami

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 11:10:29 PM »
Works just fine in XChat, too.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 11:22:01 PM »
...Does it, now? And you tested this yourself?

Because, even though it's connected and I can send messages (when in mIRC, anyway)... nobody is there. Which is a bit odd, considering the fact that I've never seen the IRC be completely empty. Nobody is there, and nobody has been there all day, according to both of the clients I've tried. I'll try it one last time with XChat, but I think it's a problem with my computer. Chatzilla didn't even let me say anything, and both say that the chat is empty.

I guess I get to wait until #Shrinemaiden is back up. Oh well.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 11:39:11 PM »
Sorry, I caught the email from my DNS provider that they went down but 3G has been horrible and my phone died so I wasn't able to fix stuff until I got back to my room.

DNS has been transferred to another host for the time being, the changeover may take up to 24hrs to propagate though.  For now you'll have to use cirno.lunar-tokyo.net but feel free to keep on trying irc.ppirc.net (and webchat.ppirc.net).  If it doesn't work by tomorrow flush your DNS and/or bitch at your ISP.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Tengukami

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 11:43:25 PM »
...Does it, now? And you tested this yourself?

Because, even though it's connected and I can send messages (when in mIRC, anyway)... nobody is there. Which is a bit odd, considering the fact that I've never seen the IRC be completely empty. Nobody is there, and nobody has been there all day, according to both of the clients I've tried. I'll try it one last time with XChat, but I think it's a problem with my computer.

It might be. I went to XChat>Network List>Networks, highlighted what I had for the server, then Edit>Servers for New Network>Edit> and replace ppirc with the new one listed in the OP, pressed Enter, then Connect. Worked flawlessly.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2011, 11:51:39 PM »
It might be. I went to XChat>Network List>Networks, highlighted what I had for the server, then Edit>Servers for New Network>Edit> and replace ppirc with the new one listed in the OP, pressed Enter, then Connect. Worked flawlessly.

Ah, yes, that seems to work. I didn't realize that the server was supposed to be cirno.lunar-tokyo.net, but the channel was supposed to remain as #Shrinemaiden. I didn't know the difference, curse my lack of IRC knowledge. Thanks!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: 29-07-2011 IRC fixed, ppirc resolving [ webchat unborked ]
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2011, 06:01:09 AM »
Everything should be working now.  It's working from here at least.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: 29-07-2011 IRC fixed, ppirc resolving [ webchat unborked ]
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2011, 06:51:30 AM »
Yup, ppirc resolves. Working fine here =3