Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 206315 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #990 on: November 11, 2011, 01:09:21 AM »
...Ha.

Ha ha.

Ha ha ha ha ha. *hollow laugh*

So, you guys. I figured out Scarlet Meister. I've said this about a half-dozen times over by now, but this time I have, beyond a doubt.

You want to know the trick? The trick to this spell card that could so confound even me, the most stubborn player out there?

There is no trick. Everything I've been doing up until now has just been making it harder. I figured out exactly why that is just a bit ago.

Unless you do massive and crazy dodges across the screen (like I've been experimenting with), the spell card will always generally go one way: You will dodge from your initial position left or right (likely depending on where Remilia moves), and move back to approximately your original position. Naturally. The way the card is designed, you absolutely cannot stay in one place for very long because a massive wall is fired at your position.

So, how does this relate to what I've been doing wrong? My goal this whole time has been to figure out how to avoid being trapped in a corner. No matter what I did, no matter how I misdirected the card, I always got trapped in a corner.

It's because I've been misdirecting the card. ZUN obviously never intended you to misdirect Scarlet Meister. It's blatantly obvious if you recall the theory: Bullets are fired, you move, you move back to your original position. By misdirecting the card left, I make this pattern go:

Left

Center

Left

Of course I've always been trapped in the corner at the beginning of the second wave. It's the natural order of the card. If I had just done the logical thing, the thing that as a good designer ZUN always intended you to do, and stay in the center under Remilia, no matter which direction you were pushed, so long as the bullets didn't wall you (and they wall you a lot less this way than you would think), you would move back to the center, free to move whichever way suited you best.

And this. Is how. You are meant. To capture. Scarlet Meister.

Amen.

EDIT: I perfected her up until Scarlet Gensokyo again. I am also ridiculously competent at the rest of her; I can reach Scarlet Meister in a perfect nearly half the time now. ...This is it, there's no going back. Before the year is done, I shall perfect Remilia Scarlet.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:31:07 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #991 on: November 11, 2011, 01:16:07 AM »
Holy crap, I finally recaptured Byakuren's second nonspell on Lunatic, and I did it the "normal" way too. Funny thing is, my choice to do it normally was just on a whim. What's even better, I also recaptured Legendary Flying Saucer in that same run. Apparently Phar never thought to go to the sides to bypass the really hard red wave. :V
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #992 on: November 11, 2011, 01:43:46 AM »
My heart is going a million miles a minute.
Perfect Cherry Blossom.
normal mode.
Stage 6.
Yuyuko Saigyouji.
No deaths.
No bombs.
No borders broken.
All spells captured.
5 bosses to go.
This...this battle is going on Youtube, along with my perfect of Kanako from a week or so ago once I get around to recording them.
perfect Yuyuko...I can't believe it.  NO chokes to reflowering, and first captures of 3 of her spells with SakuyaA (I'd captured them with other shot types before, but not SakuyaA...until that run).
Replay
I still can't believe it, this is one of my best accomplishments in Touhou to date, along with MoF L and UFO H.

EDIT: recorded 3 perfect battles for bosses who's names end with the letters '-ko'.  No, I didn't get Suwako. 
Spoiler:
(YuyuKO, KanaKO, MiKO)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #993 on: November 11, 2011, 04:28:53 AM »
I have captured Scarlet Meister six times tonight.

Twice were these concurrent with a capture of Scarlet Genoskyo. Two was the amount of times I made it to Scarlet Gensokyo without dying or bombing.

...I suppose that's an accomplishment. Now that I've gotten serious though, this is going to be hell on me until I pull it off. ;_;
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #994 on: November 11, 2011, 04:33:30 AM »
10D Extra Clear.

At 90FPS, FUCK YEAH!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #995 on: November 11, 2011, 07:16:39 AM »
10D Extra Clear.

At 90FPS, FUCK YEAH!
I can't speed up Ten Desires, can you upload this?

On the topic of uploading, the 3 boss perfects I mentioned a post ago:
Yuyuko: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozVQd3y3djI
Kanako: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pZiuC2vMsI
Miko: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq1kZLG0F3c
Annotations coming at 5 in the morning, like all my boss perfects.  Only not tonight.  Tomorrow night most likely.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #996 on: November 11, 2011, 07:39:35 AM »
I can't speed up Ten Desires, can you upload this?

Yeah, Megui is doing its stuff as I type this. Though it'll probably run overnight.

« Reply #997 on: November 11, 2011, 02:14:39 PM »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #998 on: November 11, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »
10D 90FPS on YouTube.

Also, Normal 1cc of 10D at 90FPS.
Clearly a typical run.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:21:41 PM by Fast Fanatic »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #999 on: November 11, 2011, 09:10:15 PM »
Also, Normal 1cc of 10D at 90FPS.
Clearly a typical run.
I noticed the vPatch this morning and tried that.  Would have cleared except Seiga is ridiculous and I triple derped.  Had a perfect 90 FPS Yoshika in my attempt though, so I'm happy.

« Reply #1000 on: November 11, 2011, 10:01:41 PM »
Well done everybody.