Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 -残暑- The Genius of Sappheiros Translation Thread 2 Weekend Patch  (Read 415359 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Some character like a star or something else easily identifiable could be added to the names of Satori-learnables without too much effort, I suppose. But it'd be minorly weird since I assume they'd still be in the name after it's learned and it'd look minorly out of place in general and such, but... it WOULD be useful.

Probably would be easy to have an alternate game.pak with the moves starred and one without, though. Not to say two releases need to be made, but just something that could be done as an afterthought after the patch is just about finished.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

http://www.mediafire.com/?xuy422pnk2t2u26

Completed quest.csv. Some notes/questions:

I wasn't really sure what to do with the \n linebreaks since there is often a different amount of text between the Japanese and the translation. I kept the same number of line breaks and tried to distribute them roughly evenly, but I have no idea how that will work out. Let me know so I can do it better in the future.

For quest reward items I used the names from Deranged's completed items.csv but there were two I couldn't find either in it or the original, オリ欠片 and アダ欠片. I had no idea what they were supposed to be so I just went with a straight transliteration (Ori Shard and Ada Shard), but they should probably be changed when someone figures out what they are.

A lot of the quests are silly references. I tried to keep them intact as much as I could but I may have missed some. I took out the untranslatable squid puns from the Ika Musume one, but if you really want me to add ika and geso to the end of every sentence I will.

Anyways look it over and give me some feedback so I can know how I'm doing.

Ori Shard and Ada Shard are Orichalum and Adamantite shards . You had some bad grammar due to copy paste, "Cirno are rampaging". Also make sure to replace characters like those large ? with actual ?'s. Things like that make the game explode.

We can only test the newlines and how it looks ingame.

Thanks for your work.

I'm currently editing item, as adding it to the game causes all the resistances symbols and various spaces and things to disappear.   Should be able to have all this new stuff in soon.

Well i made this:

It fits quite well, but still no idea for wind one.(obviously electricity symbol is no no :P)

That's pretty funny Matherikus. Though it does make me worry about catching the eye of the big N. I'd rest easier if their obvious origins could be obscured some more, plagiarism makes me uncomfortable. 

The theme of a simple icon to express the elements is a good idea though.

Also wind is being treated as Electricity, hence the use of [Elec].
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:42:44 AM by TheNewGuy »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Well i made this:

It fits quite well, but still no idea for wind one.(obviously electricity symbol is no no :P)

If you want, I could probably make new icons.
What size would you need them to be?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Throw any ambiguous crap or stuff you don't really know at me, or stuff that needs proof-reading.

I have completed both games at 100%, so...

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Well the one from pokemon are 22x22 and they fits very well.
And well plagiarism? Well lets put it in 1 bag with hacking and changing someone work :P

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Throw any ambiguous crap or stuff you don't really know at me, or stuff that needs proof-reading.

Trance, if there is one thing you could do that I would absolutely love you for, it would be adding Satori's learning data to the english wiki.  (Though I acknowledge that to be a rather substantial task and probably outside your current scope. :ohdear:)

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Well the one from pokemon are 22x22 and they fits very well.
And well plagiarism? Well lets put it in 1 bag with hacking and changing someone work :P

I'd agree, but really all it'd take it one mean person and a email to nintendo to potentially  cause ALL sorts of problems if we used those. I'd like to avoid causing any problems to this site, and the project.

Ability and item are both completely translated but could really use proofing as a large amount was taken from the wiki. The original Japanese files are available there too. It's a big job though.

Oh Chisou, three other "elements" are slash, stab and strike. We'd need icons for those as well. Perhaps a small sword, lance and axe respectively?
Thanks for your assistance. 

theshim: I have the document that shows all the skills Satori can learn and what monsters have them. All pre-expansion of course. I can give it you if you want to put it's info on the wiki or whatever. 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:44:06 AM by TheNewGuy »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Trance, if there is one thing you could do that I would absolutely love you for, it would be adding Satori's learning data to the english wiki.  (Though I acknowledge that to be a rather substantial task and probably outside your current scope. :ohdear:)
attached table has ALMOST all the non-expansion ones

it lacks a few though, including Resurrection and both the Elixirs, and anything introduced in expansion

The Jap Wiki one is so nice and organized and complete :c

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:53:36 AM by T-Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos

I'm sorry, but I forgot I was terrible at graphics in general.
Well, darn.

I mean, seriously. What is that? A banana peel?
I also didn't know if I should have replaced the eye, or kept the eye. Or done something else. So I did.

Hehehe banana peel...
Nah wind is fine, but what is the water one?
I HAVE NO IDEA XD
Pear? Some kind of strange fish?

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
Hehehe banana peel...
Nah wind is fine, but what is the water one?
I HAVE NO IDEA XD
Pear? Some kind of strange fish?

It's an extremely angular water drop.
Ahahaha....

So that's fire, water, earth, wind, light, and dark. So all that's left is mystic, slash, stab and strike.
Good job.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:51:23 AM by TheNewGuy »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
So that's fire, water, earth, wind, light, and dark. So all that's left is mystic, slash, stab and strike.
Good job.

Now here is the latest version of the patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?19iwii00a2xo18m
This has all item and skill translated, thanks Deranged!

Oh, I didn't realize there were four more. I'm sorry, but I really don't know much about this game at all. ^^"
I can finish them tomorrow. "Mystic" is an element? What should I go for, in that case?
I think the physical deals'll be easy enough.

theshirn

Mystic could be a six-pointed-star on a purplish background.  I'd use the one you're using for dark and make that one...well, darker.

EDIT: okay this applies both with your latest patch on poosh just now and with previous: in the Garden of the Sun, there's an enemy group comprised of two mantises, a sunflower, and a creepy gourd-thing.  Moving the cursor over onto said creepy gourd-thing causes my game to freeze.  This has happened several times in a row.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:49:03 AM by theshim »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
Mystic could be a six-pointed-star on a purplish background.  I'd use the one you're using for dark and make that one...well, darker.

Which is just the thing, though. I thought it was a stand-in for Psychic :I
I'm redoing Dark, and adding Mystic and physicals.
Phys skills would be against a gray background, Mystic, either purple or an aqua blue, and Dark will be a darker purple, and not a yin-yang sign.
That, and I thought Earth was Grass. I can go in and actually make it like rock or something, if it's more fitting.

Stab could be knife hitting something.
Strike maybe a hammer.
And slash, slashing sword?
Shame i have 0 artistic talent (expect from uncovering someone art) and believe me even this pear would look worse if i did it.

And earth is fine, i think (not that i know what earth spell do, and if they are more "earthy" or more "natural")but really...I CANT SEE THIS WATER DROP. It's like some optical puzzle :P

and btw going to sleep it 6 am :P if you post them i will add them when i wake up

theshirn

EDIT: okay this applies both with your latest patch on poosh just now and with previous: in the Garden of the Sun, there's an enemy group comprised of two mantises, a sunflower, and a creepy gourd-thing.  Moving the cursor over onto said creepy gourd-thing causes my game to freeze.  This has happened several times in a row.
Okay, this applies even when attempting to access that page in my bestiary.  Problem!

Okay, this applies even when attempting to access that page in my bestiary.  Problem!

Can you give me your save file? I accessed the bestiary of all three of those monsters with no issue.

theshirn

Knock yourself out.  :wat:

Knock yourself out.  :wat:

Yeah that was just to make sure it wasn't something really odd. We haven't modified the monsters in anyway yet, so it could only be because of the items it drops, or something. I can't reproduce that crash, but I'm using a slightly updated patch. So I've uploaded that patch.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ip4ssak7rh00441

I'd find it odd if this fixes it, but I'm not sure what the problem is.

theshirn

I should clarify: I meant the page in the bestiary where its name is listed, not its individual page.  I can't even get to that.

My computer really does not like this monster!

Testing newish patch now...

...yep, still borks.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Perhaps the gourd will stop crashing your game once it's name is translated? *Shrugs*

Anyway, about the elements, yeah, Earth is more of a... well, earthy thing instead of nature/grass, yeah. And along the same lines, Wind/Elec is definitely more of an Electric thing. Aya's wind attacks aren't even Elec elemental, for one, and every single spell in the satori list (Which is about my only point of reference *Shifts eyes*) that's Elec deals with electricity-type stuff, except for Tornado, which is the single exception. A much better representation for the element would probably be a lightning bolt sign thingy.

I agree with the six-point star shape thing for Mystic that was suggested.

Although I think it might just be better to go with short abbreviations of the words to put in there instead of little icons. But, as there is little space for letters, and as you've already made them in the first place as well ^^; It's not a bad idea at all!

theshirn

Although I think it might just be better to go with short abbreviations of the words to put in there instead of little icons. But, as there is little space for letters, and as you've already made them in the first place as well ^^; It's not a bad idea at all!
The problem with abbreviations in that most of these tend to be represented by a single kanji - even abbreviations will already spill over.

I should clarify: I meant the page in the bestiary where its name is listed, not its individual page.  I can't even get to that.

My computer really does not like this monster!

Testing newish patch now...

...yep, still borks.

Nothing at all related to monster names, or the bestiary has been touched. Use your backed up game.pak and see if the game still crashes.

theshirn

Yeah, as suspected, borks there too.

I guess now I can screw around with backup saves until I find one which works, but frankly I'd sooner just start over.  Bah.

Yeah, as suspected, borks there too.

I guess now I can screw around with backup saves until I find one which works, but frankly I'd sooner just start over.  Bah.

This happens. An older installation of my game crashed when I accessed the POW  screen. English or not. I had to reinstall to fix it. Your save is fine, it works on my game.
You'll most likely need to reinstall.

theshirn

Argh.

Guess I'll try that tomorrow.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
The problem with abbreviations in that most of these tend to be represented by a single kanji - even abbreviations will already spill over.
Well, one thing to consider is that it's an image, and not coded text; so, one could simply draw smaller letters into the spacing, as well as use a little of the extra avaliable left/right space. But yeah, after peeking at the status screen again, it would be a little iffy to do that. I can see why one would want to use an image instead!