Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When No. 6 - Addiction Boogaloo & EoSD ver.  (Read 295515 times)

CadrinHaverit

Also, the Bad Apple!! PV is now my screensaver.
Mine too! Well, at times, when I feel like making my PC a little more aesthetically pleasing. (Because, frankly, the screensaver is very CPU-heavy and it doesn't seem to want to shut down the music once the PC enters the sleep mode, which is slightly bothersome.) Does that count as a symptom of addiction, you think?

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
Also, the Bad Apple!! PV is now my screensaver.

Same here ages ago.  :V
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
The front page of the Nuzlocke Forums (Pokemon).

Sounds nice... Wait, it isn't Touhou music?

Honestly, at the beginning of that I hear Bad Apple and then something that sounds like The Maid and The Pocket Watch of Blood.

Anybody else hear that, or am I really going crazy? :V

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
Sounds nice... Wait, it isn't Touhou music?

Honestly, at the beginning of that I hear Bad Apple and then something that sounds like The Maid and The Pocket Watch of Blood.

Anybody else hear that, or am I really going crazy? :V

Woah... I hear it, too.

That does sound rather Touhou-esque.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
The other day my teacher was talking about UFOs that abruptly change directions in a zigzag pattern.
The first thing that came into my mind was the th12 small UFOs.
Learned that UFOs can't suddenly change directions without having no mass.
Signature

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
Today, I had two amusing moments. Well, one (or two) slip(s) of the tongue at work:

Supervisor: I need you to do some red-white balloons for me. (Yes, she didn't say 'and' for once.)
Me: Some shrine maiden... I mean, Reimu... I mean, some red AND white balloons?

The Reimu part really came out of nowhere; I don't even know how I followed up with that.

The second one was just now. Most people know of the song 'Spirit in the Sky.' I didn't even realise I had replaced Spirit with Greenwich until it came out of my mouth. Proof that I am not attempting to throw titles of my favourite tracks into normal songs.  :derp:

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
So like. Spoilering because this may apply to some people.
Spoiler:
People don't know shit about Concealed the Conclusion so I tell them what's right and what they come up with is just a bit inaccurate.
Guess what? They get all sensitive and stuff.
So I'm like, getting in a fight and stuff.
Somehow this only applies to me.... I think. Didn't someone try to promote Touhou OCs and got bitched at some time ago?

But anyways? My reaction is here
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:05:48 PM by Mewkkyuuri »

Er ... I'm not sure how that particularly shows you're addicted to Touhou ... ???

Spoiler:
Didn't someone try to promote Touhou OCs and got bitched at some time ago?
The first thing that comes to mind was Chagen, who simply wouldn't shut up about his OCs, and made himself an outright nuisance about it. So it's not OCs in particular that were the problem.

pineyappled

I named my shitty piston-autoharvester KAWASHIRA&AKI'S OWOTOSHI HARVESTER.
Although the signs just say Owotoshi Harvester.

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
When you watch an episode of Masterchef, and you hear the judges etc. use bullet-dodging terminology for the whole episode and just can't help but laugh.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
Ohhh, I wanna play~

* You want to join this forum just so you can post here, but then realize you don't really have anything funny to say, so you take about half an hour trying to think of something just because you wanted to post in this thread...  HEY I DID IT.

* You try to catch female Pokemon just so you can name them after a Touhou character.
* You like a character name so much, you wouldn't mind naming your kid that (... I think Sanae's a pretty name...)
* A large percentage of the music on your iPod/whatever is Touhou-related.
* When you hear a non-vocal arrange of a certain theme, you start overlapping the vocals from the same song, but a different arrange.
* You almost always wake up with a Touhou song stuck in your head.
* Touhou x _____ is always awesome... or makes something unbearably awful bearable.
* You fangirled when you found out about Touhouvania/Koumajou Densetsu, even though you're a boy.
* You're STILL waiting for Good Smile Company to announce a Yukari Yakumo Nendoroid. (SERIOUSLY, I'M DYING HERE)
* You spent a number of hours learning about Yukkuri Shiteitte Ne, and think it'd be awesome to become a "Professor of Yukkuri Shiteitte Ne".
* You're proud that you've been able to answer the verification passwords (I've only been up to 3, but still)

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
* You like a character name so much, you wouldn't mind naming your kid that (... I think Sanae's a pretty name...)
I used to think that too, until I realized that, as a Touhou fan, I ought to pronounce Sanae as "Sanah-eh" instead of "Sanei." Even "Sanei" sounds so much nicer.
I also had a friend who thought Alice was a great name and wished to name her kid that.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
* You spent a number of hours learning about Yukkuri Shiteitte Ne, and think it'd be awesome to become a "Professor of Yukkuri Shiteitte Ne".

Also if learning about yukkuris made you a bit of a sadist.
Seriously, this: http://yukkuri.shii.org/
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
When you deal with rush hour train squeezing the same way you deal with Knock out in three steps on lunatic.

Seriously think about it for a moment...

Hint:
Spoiler:
get hitbox into mess of people before the bubbles are spawned. When the doors open again, retreat to avoid getting run over by advancing bullets.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
I read "flan cake" from a menu. I think of Flandre. Then I think of this thread.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
Joined touhou clan in heroes of newerth.
Named my character Flandre.

Many fanatics there, it's disturbing.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Joined touhou clan in heroes of newerth.
Named my character Flandre.

Many fanatics there, it's disturbing.

Nice to meet you Helix⑨

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
When you suddenly realize that there hasn't been a reply to this thread for 3 days and wonder if addicts got spirited away to Gensokyo...  :V
Then you worry that this thread series won't make it all the way to PoFV.  :ohdear:
Ohhh, I wanna play~

* You want to join this forum just so you can post here, but then realize you don't really have anything funny to say, so you take about half an hour trying to think of something just because you wanted to post in this thread...  HEY I DID IT.
* A large percentage of the music on your iPod/whatever is Touhou-related.
* Touhou x _____ is always awesome... or makes something unbearably awful bearable.

Also this. You won't believe how long I've spent in the past trying to think of something, anything even remotely funny to post about. I'm starting to think that my city is devoid of Touhou references which is complete bull crap. There has to be something...I just haven't found it yet. :(

I'm thinking Sakuya would be a great name (I'm detecting some bias here  :3). I like Alice as well.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
When even a simple two letter company abbreviation makes you think of Touhou.  Case in point:  I was in a store today, saw someone with a shirt that had "SC" as a logo... It was obviously something-else-that-I-can't-remember, but my mind immediately thought "Spell Card", haha.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Red Frost

When you suddenly realize that there hasn't been a reply to this thread for 3 days and wonder if addicts got spirited away to Gensokyo...  :V

Oh yeah, that reminds me.
* You wish Yukari would gap you away to Gensoukyou so you can perform Snu-Snu.

But yeah don't worry, things will jump out at you eventually... even something as simple as thinking "God damnit, Yukari!" whenever something happens.

When even a simple two letter company abbreviation makes you think of Touhou.  Case in point:  I was in a store today, saw someone with a shirt that had "SC" as a logo... It was obviously something-else-that-I-can't-remember, but my mind immediately thought "Spell Card", haha.

Ah yes, this as well... I laugh every time I see a license plate that says "PCB" on it.
* My friend talks about cosplaying as a maid (she did at AX this year) and I kept going "MEIDO, NISSO, PADDO-CHOU~!" to her on MSN Messenger.  I also refer to her as my 2nd favorite maid, after Sakuya, if she pissed me off. >:
* You try to think of the best Touhou cosplays for your female friends and attempt to talk them into it.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
* You try to think of the best Touhou cosplays for your female friends and attempt to talk them into it.
This.  I have one friend who I think could make an awesome(ly cute) Youmu(OF course with me it'd turn to Youmu, haha). Though Reisen is fine as well.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.

Yup. Trying to get my friend to cosplay as somebody, but not sure who. Probably Hina.

Red Frost

This.  I have one friend who I think could make an awesome(ly cute) Youmu(OF course with me it'd turn to Youmu, haha). Though Reisen is fine as well.
A Reisen cosplay might not be all that hard, since it's essentially a schoolgirl-ish outfit, right?  Though you can't lose with an adorable Youmu... (your avatar is killing me)

Yup. Trying to get my friend to cosplay as somebody, but not sure who. Probably Hina.
That'd actually be a neat cosplay to see.  I always thought Hina had the most interesting hair of any Touhou character.

For me I tried talking one friend into a Reimu cosplay, Aya cosplay, or Murasa cosplay (she has black hair).  She refuses, since she doesn't know the characters... even though I keep giving her the wiki pages!  My other friend has long, wavy brown hair, and I think she'd make for an AWESOME Byakuren.  Sadly, I haven't talked to her in quite a while and I never ran the idea past her.  I don't think she's into cosplay, either. =/

* Whenever you see or hear the word "China" you think "It's Meiling, not China." or look immediately at the source.  For me it's usually followed by a "Damnit, I keep doing it!"

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
I didn't know she made burgers.
I bet they're the best burgers ever (may or may not be human meat; she's so innocent, she just uses what Sakuya gives her).

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

OTT2

When you see THIS and immediately think "Sabin knows Master Spark too?!"

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
I didn't know she made burgers.
I bet they're the best burgers ever (may or may not be human meat; she's so innocent, she just uses what Sakuya gives her).
Well, someone has to deliver them to Orin's Old Fashioned Hamburgers, no?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

KFCbbQ

• Taking over the world.
YOU remember no more than 10 elements on the periodic table, but able to name 30+ Touhou characters.

YOU roll a mage in any MMORPG game and attempt name it "Marisa" (despite knowing there's a 100% chance that it's is already taken).

YOU feel upset when your friend has mistaken Touhou as an anime.

ChanceWolf

• This level of reasoning...
  • ...is possible for Furudo Erika.
Today I ate at a bakery only because it was named "Hartmann". Afterwards I went to a shop and bought a "Milky Way", also because of the name.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Somehow decided that the Prismrivers could fit the Three Musketeers (no, not the candy bar).

Also, when you :paru: over SD-90 auctions on eBay, and aggressively bid for it no matter what - all because that's what ZUN uses for much of the music. I would do that but I've already spent my cash on a Yamaha synth module (and likely to spend more for another Roland one). Bigode seems to be interested in this too but said auction's US-only.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_