Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When No. 6 - Addiction Boogaloo & EoSD ver.  (Read 295231 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Time to stop this unprecedented serious affair that is addiction to Touhou ~
...oh crap, I just started it again! :o

- On the unofficial MC server here, griefers tended to exploit a warp to get out of their banished dimension. What we did was seal it off in bedrock and put some signs on the outside to tell actual players not to use said warp. One of them (which I wrote) said: "Contents: ⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨(6)⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨"....
 - Saw a Navy Seal special on History Channel, and when the narrator said "they are the strongest", ...:V
 - When you bother to make a (so-so) Hakurei Shrine on said MC server and plan to next make Moriya (with a different basement :3), while 3 other players have Mokou Chruches of Immortal Pyromancy and a Kaguya Lunarian Cathedral
 - When the next two things on your buy list includes a SD-90 (other one being MU 500)
 - Saying "Koishi salt"
 - Gettting the idea to make "Dat Face Soldier and His Crew" with the Prismrivers (blame this post)...though GMod has but Lyrica and I don't know how to control models and cams in Touhou GTA.
 - When half of your ringtones are Touhou music and arranges of such

Edit: Thanks for moving this thread to right place Ammy
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:41:50 AM by PARU Telecom Networks, LLC »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
- Saw a Navy Seal special on History Channel, and when the narrator said "they are the strongest", ...:V

Now we know why they do the shennanigans we see them do on the interwebs.  :V

- When the next two things on your buy list includes a SD-90 (other one being MU 500)

What, you're going to buy Noel?  :V *shot for non-Touhou joke*
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
What, you're going to buy Noel?  :V *shot for non-Touhou joke*
:getdown:
If Noel was a personified MOTIF or Fantom synth I'd kill to buy her! :)

...This is what I'm actually referring to.
The SD-20 is awesome on the go, but I also love Yamaha synths, so better get this too to even things out!
Bad command or file name

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
I know I'm addicted when I start making touhou discussion panels on anime conventions.

MotK, I have a question and it's bugging me really quite a lot:
Remilia Scarlet says that Vlad Tepes (Dracula) is her ancestor. touhouwiki.net says it's a lie. Where is it stated that it's a lie?
In BaiJR- Flandre  I found that Flandre says that when Remi talks about fate/n such, it's just how she talks. She always talks like she knows stuff. So she lies. And that's it...

Can anyone help?

Mokou Fan

I know I'm addicted when I start making touhou discussion panels on anime conventions.

MotK, I have a question and it's bugging me really quite a lot:
Remilia Scarlet says that Vlad Tepes (Dracula) is her ancestor. touhouwiki.net says it's a lie. Where is it stated that it's a lie?
In BaiJR- Flandre  I found that Flandre says that when Remi talks about fate/n such, it's just how she talks. She always talks like she knows stuff. So she lies. And that's it...

Can anyone help?

The second part of the post would be better suited for the Misc Questions thread, but I'll answer here. From EoSD's おまけ.txt:

She swears that she is a descendant of Tepes, but nobody is certain whether she is truly related to the Vlad "Dracula" Tepes.
Well, let it be known that she is not.

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
Thanks, sir.
Oh, right... there's a misc questions thread right at the top, I didn't even look to well... sorry.

Mokou Fan

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
- When half of your ringtones are Touhou music and arranges of such

Every person on my phone has...

- A picture of a Touhou character that suits them.
 - A message tone which is an original track by ZUN.
 - A call tone which is an arranged Touhou track that matches the character used.

As a result, I'm constantly sorting out my memory space on it until I get a bigger memory card.  :ohdear:

Also, I can't go through an anime that mentions youkai without thinking back to Gensokyo.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
Also, I can't go through an anime that mentions youkai without thinking back to Gensokyo.

Been there, done that.  :V

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
For two days straight, I've had this nagging idea about a Touhou game in the style of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
For two days straight, I've had this nagging idea about a Touhou game in the style of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Some guy named Kylesky on RaNGE has taken the idea, though he never finished it.
I used to try making a danmaku version of the story mode, but I gave up after making the last words for every character (bosses and all)

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
So I'm playing this game known as Blazblue. Every bloody time I use Platinum's Astral heat, I think of Marisa's Easy Harvest Master Spark.

Doesn't help that Mu-12's playstyle is so similar to Alice, and a forum member has been making Touhou versions of the chibi art style.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

a_certain_kappa

• Science and Technology :3
When you dream you were fishing with professor Layton and Luke. :]
And you catch Toramaru.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
So I'm playing this game known as Blazblue. Every bloody time I use Platinum's Astral heat, I think of Marisa's Easy Harvest Master Spark.

Doesn't help that Mu-12's playstyle is so similar to Alice, and a forum member has been making Touhou versions of the chibi art style.
:getdown: Now you'll be joining me and Kaede! :D (if it's the PC version of CT anyways XD)

Someone thought about making Mu-Sakuya based off Mu-12 due to the knives. Of course, he was quickly dissuaded.
Bad command or file name

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi

JOIN THE CLUB!  :getdown:

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
:getdown: Now you'll be joining me and Kaede! :D (if it's the PC version of CT anyways XD)

Someone thought about making Mu-Sakuya based off Mu-12 due to the knives. Of course, he was quickly dissuaded.
I'll have to find the PC version of CT if I'm doing that. It was a long enough hunt for me to find CS for the 360, so I might have to wait until I enter the GTA, where EVERYTHING is sold.  :V

I actually started debating in my head if Cirno = Jin could logically work after trying to place all the other Blazblue characters as Touhou characters.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
I'll have to find the PC version of CT if I'm doing that. It was a long enough hunt for me to find CS for the 360, so I might have to wait until I enter the GTA, where EVERYTHING is sold.  :V
The only place in North America where I've actually seen it was in the Games for Windows Marketplace. Terrible service (compared to Steam), but if you have points sitting around in your Live account you can buy it there and download it. Of course you don't need to buy it with points - standard credit and cash cards will do too.
You also can play the arcade versions of CT, CS, and CS2 (don't ask me where to get those), but they lack many of the extras and online play of the console and PC versions (handheld ones too, but they lack full online and are limited to ad-hoc).

We three should then arrange a few online matches together.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 04:10:06 AM by PARU Telecom Networks, LLC »
Bad command or file name

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
The only place in North America where I've actually seen it was in the Games for Windows Marketplace. Terrible service (compared to Steam), but if you have points sitting around in your Live account you can buy it there and download it. Of course you don't need to buy it with points - standard credit and cash cards will do too.
You also can play the arcade versions of CT, CS, and CS2 (don't ask me where to get those), but they lack many of the extras and online play of the console and PC versions (handheld ones too, but they lack full online and are limited to ad-hoc).

We three should then arrange a few online matches together.
I don't even know anything about points in my Live account. I'll have to check that later... Then we'll talk about those online matches. I usually lag elsewhere, so no guarantees that the matches will be enjoyable.

ANYWAY, I was looking as the size that a lot of my folders took up, because I'm running low on comp space. If you've ever heard of and have a game known as Ragnarok Battle Offline, you'll know that it takes a nice 8.27 gigabytes of your hard drive's space. My Touhou folder matched that, and that doesn't even include the multitude of fanart I have.

Phosaphile

• Eternal Optimist
  • Everything will work out in the end!
I compare anything and everything to Touhou- ie "Hey that stuff looks like Danmaku" or "That character can control time? That makes me think of Sakuya" I'm drivin my friends up the wall, why do I still have friends

I guess shelling out all your cash for merchandise counts

coming up with headcanon among headcanon for every last character, willing to explain all possible logic behind it

going nights without sleep because you can't say 'no' to all-nighters with Touhou games

Grimarg

• B-but you haven't promoted me yet!
  • Thanks Aoshi for the avvy! :3
So, the other day in school I was playing my guitar, and I started playing Enter Sandman, how it became Phantom Ensemble, I still don't know

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
So, the other day in school I was playing my guitar, and I started playing Enter Sandman, how it became Phantom Ensemble, I still don't know
E~xit Light....En~ter Prismriver...?
Take~my hand~
We're off to Hakugyoukurou!

...I had to :colonveeplusalpha:
Bad command or file name

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
Let's see... I constantly have some Touhou song or another stuck in my head; I can't see a 9 without thinking of Cirno; I've decided to get a pet mouse and name it Nazrin; and I want to do the same with a cat, but name it Orin.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
So I've been going around and killing things in Battle Network games again.  Of course, I gave myself a little penalty.  My folder has to be made just so.  But it's pretty neat to beat things like Alpha Omega under this restriction.

So where does Touhou come in?

My chip codes, from top to bottom, read YUYUKOSAIGYOUJIFLAWLESSNIRVANA.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

a_certain_kappa

• Science and Technology :3
When you want to do scientific research on Touhou.

I wonder how I can rephrase it so that the committee will accept . :3

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
When you start thinking of the possibilities of some kind of Harry Potter crossover right after you come back from seeing the last movie.  :V

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
When you start humming Letty's theme while snacking on crystallized ginger.
Seriously, I was snacking on some the other day and suddenly started humming Crystallized Silver for no reason other than the two have the same first word.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
When you manage to do blind runs on characters you never played before.

I've just come from reading 6000+ posts about discussing addictedness to touhou.
As in, I've just finished reading every single post in all 5 previous threads since the first one. :V
My computer isalso filled up with all sorts of touhou goodness~

additionally, I just recently joined 
been into touhou since last spring I believe but I've yet to 1cc anything  :ohdear:

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
Also, the Bad Apple!! PV is now my screensaver.