Author Topic: Your Luckiest Moments in Gaming  (Read 28057 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Your Luckiest Moments in Gaming
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2009, 02:31:31 AM »
Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu.  I killed Alvis with Sety.  EAT IT, weapon triangle!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2009, 02:50:50 AM »
Speaking of Fire Emblem, I was playing Blazing Sword and I was almost done with one of the worst chapters in the game (Chapter 20 Hector Mode) and this mage came up to Guy with about a 2 percent chance of hitting and a 1 percent critical chance. Guess what happened. I even got all the treasure, the member card, and Legault.

Yes, I know that's an unlucky moment but whatever.

theshirn

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2009, 02:53:13 AM »
Speaking of Fire Emblem, I was playing Blazing Sword and I was almost done with one of the worst chapters in the game (Chapter 20 Hector Mode) and this mage came up to Guy with about a 2 percent chance of hitting and a 1 percent critical chance. Guess what happened. I even got all the treasure, the member card, and Legault.

Yes, I know that's an unlucky moment but whatever.
...believe me, you don't want to start me on the unlucky ones.  Like the archer with a Short Bow - 10 hit, 3 damage, 1 crit - attacks Ephraim, who has 9 hp left.  BLARGLE.

Or the time Fury got six stat points in eight level-ups.  EIGHT!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2009, 03:11:18 AM »
Ace Combat 5.  The mission where you fight off the Scinfaxi.  I go out in the single anti-ship loadout I have available to me at the time.  By the time the sub surfaces, I'm out of anti-ship missiles, and I'm running low on both guns and Sidewinders.

I end up sinking the Scinfaxi with my literally last burst of machine gun fire, having used the last dozen or so missiles on the SAMs, AAs, and Harrier launchers.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

theshirn

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2009, 03:20:37 AM »
Star Ocean: The Second Story.

I killed the final boss of the game, Indalecio...

...without landing a single hit on him.

Moogy

• ※中の人は可愛い男の娘(嘘)
  • 覇道型流離人
    • tsukuru
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2009, 03:28:28 AM »
Petrifying him with a parry isn't exactly lucky, since you need to be aware of the circumstances regarding its occurrence and work toward the activation of said petrification.

theshirn

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2009, 03:34:04 AM »
Petrifying him with a parry isn't exactly lucky, since you need to be aware of the circumstances regarding its occurrence and work toward the activation of said petrification.
Simple fact:  The Algol has a REALLY low chance of activating, and only a couple of Indalecio's attacks can set it off, but...BATTLE START, Divine Wave, DEAD.  It was brilliant.

I also managed to kill Marselio the first time he attacks you.  You know, the time he's invincible.  I killed an invincible enemy.  :D

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2009, 04:16:31 AM »
You want me to pick one!?

Geez, I don't know, that's asking quite a bit. I get ridiculously lucky in every game I play. I don't think I could pick just one.
If anybody has a good anger quote, let me know and it'll be the new sig

theshirn

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2009, 04:54:22 AM »

Geez, I don't know, that's asking quite a bit. I get ridiculously lucky in every game I play. I don't think I could pick just one.
Shut the hell up.  Seriously.

(This statement is unfortunately true.  NF has to be one of the luckiest people on the planet.)

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2009, 06:34:29 AM »

Notice the 'Moments' in the title; you don't need to talk about just one -- that just happens to be the trend.

Some pretty nice moments being shared, by the way.

(This statement is unfortunately true.  NF has to be one of the luckiest people on the planet.)

I know the type. I actually go to one such type after repeated failures at catching legendaries (Pokemon -- yes, I still play, run an Electric team Lv50 and working on Ghost team).
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2009, 06:59:22 PM »

My RL friends have a habit of being ridiculously lucky at the game I play.. sigh. My disgaea story is like one example of one of the few times I was lucky that I can count on 1 hand.

One of my friends managed to get a complete set , for his class, in Diablo 2, before he even finished the game once.. To this date, I haven't completed a set ONCE, and that's after stockpiling set pieces on bank alts for like 8+ playthrus, argh. The same guy managed to get eaglehorn on his rogue in Diablo 1 shortly after his first playthru.

Another time I was playing like the first NHL hockey game electronic arts made for the Sega genesis with someone. (It has no year, so I guess it's the first), and he was charging for the puck that went behind his goal for icing. (I don't play sports games actually, this is still in my memory though). Anyway he was jamming the charge button so hard he didn't stop and slap-shot the puck from the opposite wall from the goal.

Did he just score a goal? no, he managed to do it in a way that it was impossible to save.. I watched my goalie position himself correctly to save the puck and all, but the puck bounced off the top of the post, into the back of the goalie's head, back and forth like 50 times (whack whack whack whack)...and went in. I was like WUT TF!!!

My brother was watching at the time, and to this day we still talk about that mement, even though it was like 14 years ago.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2009, 07:20:29 PM »
You mean the class specific sets or any set? Cause things like Isenhart, Artic and Sigon's just grow in trees.

The class specific sets are all very hard, I guess. I know a friend of mine ALMOST has a complete Tal Rasha set, but the closest I get is I think two items from Immortal King (maybe this friend has a third, I'm not entirely sure now).

I do find I can usually get better builds with runewords, good rares and a few specific uniques most of the time, though. I don't think there's an armour in that game I'd trade my Necro's Enigma for, for instance.
rofl bye

theshirn

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2009, 07:30:24 PM »
I got the Gull Dagger off a random Fallen in the Countess's tower with an Assassin once.

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2009, 07:38:11 PM »
The time I made an Enigma, thanks to a random rune drop.

Ya, that was good times. I think I stopped playing Diablo 2 multiplayer shortly after that. There just didn't seem like any point to it anymore.

Uh, ridiculous luck moments... well, there's almost all my Halo 3 games. Stickies that should not stick, no scope head shots for no good reason.

One thing I've never gotten lucky with, actually, is Earthbound. No matter how hard I tried, I could never get the Sword of Kings or the Gutsy Bat.
If anybody has a good anger quote, let me know and it'll be the new sig

ark7

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2009, 08:00:49 PM »
I do find I can usually get better builds with runewords, good rares and a few specific uniques most of the time, though.

I have 3 um.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2009, 08:03:26 PM »
I do find I can usually get better builds with runewords, good rares and a few specific uniques most of the time, though.

I have 3 um.

Where's my mugging bat again?

Edit:
I reinstalled D2 again and went to play a little with some of my old chars. My necro(lvl 87) has a rare amulet with:

+2 Poison and Bone Skills
+7 Strength
+20% all resistances
+20% Cold Resistance
Poison Length Reduced by 75%
Level 3 Frost Nova (20 charges...lol)

WHAT THE FUCK?!??!?!?!
Who needs uniques?
Whenever it is I found THAT, it was a life changing moment!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 11:21:30 PM by Vile Lasagna »
rofl bye

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2009, 03:29:12 AM »
My luckiest moment in gaming... is taming a Ghost Wolf in WoW, a week before Blizzard made them untameable.

Yuuma's my main DPS pet.  <3

Needless to say, a lot of people are Parsee over that pet (especially since Blizzard lied about leaving them alone).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 03:30:53 AM by Momiji »

Nuclear Fusion