Author Topic: [Animation]Touhou Sketches - Yuyuko Edition  (Read 5962 times)

Spaztique

• Writer, Animator, Easy Mode Advocate
[Animation]Touhou Sketches - Yuyuko Edition
« on: July 05, 2011, 03:14:52 AM »
Somewhere in the Netherworld, trouble as struck the Hakugyokurou: not an invasion by rogue youkai hunters, not an accident with the gardener, but something far more sinister...

Somebody on Youtube isn't going to make a sketch video starring Yuyuko...

Will Yuyuko finish her sketch show? And by Yuyuko, I mean Youmu?

Inspired by beats0me and a score of other Walfas-related scum (meant in a loving way I think), it's Touhou Sketches - Yuyuko Edition! Enjoy!
Making Touhou music and actually-pretty-decent Walfas animations since 2011!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: [Animation]Touhou Sketches - Yuyuko Edition
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 03:36:38 AM »
Uh...wonder why you made a new thread?

Quote from: EP's pointless stream of thoughts as he watched on
Spoiler:
Nice touch using the TTS-1 remakes! XD
And it sounds like South Park / The Simpsons :3

WHY ISN'T SAKUYA IN TOUHOU 13?!?!?!?!?!?! *erbrbrbrbrbrbrbrg* :getdown:

Sewer Alligators! Resident Evil 2 / Biohazard 2 reference?

Reimu Burger: The Secret's in the Sauce! *shot for bad Duke Burger joke*

Argument? ...ZE ~

...haha, PCB ending.

Yuyuko could be the Cheeseburger Apocalypse.

Terrible memories of my first PCB play.

AFLAC isn't a pigeon!

GIANT POCKY YES! Pocky Ga~me ~ :3

Shikieiki *DANZAI icon* Walfas
And then...Night of...Butterflies?

Cirno is strongest secretary. Haha, Yoshika's derp face.

Yuyuko confirmed as Engie ~ WAIT, Youmu confirmed as Sentry Gun! Whilst MyonMyonMyonMyon is Lv4 Sentry's power.

Haha, self-cameo.

Hug end. Yay...*snooze*

Go Yukari-bot! Or YukaDOS!

Lily: 終わったよ ~
Laughed quite a lot watching this! Nice first try!
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Spaztique

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 04:05:24 AM »
Why the
Spoiler:
snooze at the hug ending
? It could be that
Spoiler:
Yuyuko tortured Youmu a WHOLE lot more in the original cut

Also, about what
Spoiler:
Yukari
said about
Spoiler:
missing things you didn't notice
: try to look for all the tiny details that are easy to miss, like the
Spoiler:
Team 9 signup sheet
or
Spoiler:
all the things Yuyuko got for FREE

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 04:15:07 AM »
Why the
Spoiler:
snooze at the hug ending
? It could be that
Spoiler:
Yuyuko tortured Youmu a WHOLE lot more in the original cut

Also, about what
Spoiler:
Yukari
said about
Spoiler:
missing things you didn't notice
: try to look for all the tiny details that are easy to miss, like the
Spoiler:
Team 9 signup sheet
or
Spoiler:
all the things Yuyuko got for FREE
Good endings are too easy to sleep on for me.

I'll keep an eye out next time.
Bad command or file name

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »
Oh wow. Awesome job! ^^ I laughed a lot throughout this.

Hmm, there's a thought, I guess. I know you asked us on here for ideas for skits, but would the same sort of thing happen if you wanted to get people from here to assist with voices or stuff? I mean, the skits are mostly done with clips from other things. But in the ones that could warrant voices, or if you did something that was a little too big for a skit and would be a standalone clip, would you consider it?

Just asking out of curiosity, is all. Keep up the good work; looking forward to the next one... Or the remove-due to time-restraint scenes. ^^

Spaztique

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 04:44:38 PM »
Oh wow. Awesome job! ^^ I laughed a lot throughout this.

Hmm, there's a thought, I guess. I know you asked us on here for ideas for skits, but would the same sort of thing happen if you wanted to get people from here to assist with voices or stuff? I mean, the skits are mostly done with clips from other things. But in the ones that could warrant voices, or if you did something that was a little too big for a skit and would be a standalone clip, would you consider it?

Just asking out of curiosity, is all. Keep up the good work; looking forward to the next one... Or the remove-due to time-restraint scenes. ^^

Three reasons why I went (mostly) solo:
1. I figured it would be faster. I was able to get my lines done in the first week. It took
Spoiler:
beats0me
a bit longer for his two scenes.
2. I thought nobody would sign up; especially for a first-time episode.
3. It was fun.

Though, next time, I may recruit some VAs, especially for the Chen episode (which I'll do later), where I plan to recreate the entire "CHEEEEEEN!!!" M1 sketch in English. (In fact, I originally planned to do this for the Yuyuko episode, but it brought the runtime to 20+ minutes, so I settled for the condensed version, even if it leaves a continuity error in Youmu's dialogue, since I changed one of the jokes where Youmu initially refuses to eat the giant Pocky and asks to settle for the smaller one, but Yuyuko menacingly replies, "That's what we're building up to!")

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 05:50:48 PM »
I can see your point. It's always faster when you're doing it on your own. And fun too. XD

... What?! That skit? Oh gosh. I can just imagine how many of us are going to be screaming CHEEEEEEN to try out for that. That'll be interesting.

Hmm, I guess you'll have to keep us posted on stuff so we know when to look out for it. (Or in my case, get a microphone that works.) It'd be fun taking part in something like this; hell, doing a project that involved MotK on the side would work too, since you could still do your own stuff if a couple of us took a little longer to get what we need. :3

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 06:35:05 PM »
Though, next time, I may recruit some VAs, especially for the Chen episode (which I'll do later), where I plan to recreate the entire "CHEEEEEEN!!!" M1 sketch in English. (In fact, I originally planned to do this for the Yuyuko episode, but it brought the runtime to 20+ minutes, so I settled for the condensed version, even if it leaves a continuity error in Youmu's dialogue, since I changed one of the jokes where Youmu initially refuses to eat the giant Pocky and asks to settle for the smaller one, but Yuyuko menacingly replies, "That's what we're building up to!")
Oh dear.

I wouldn't mind signing up (with a mic - so Dormio won't push Shadoweh about it, even though latter's voice could fit better) for VA, but for now I have a lot of work left in my backlog of stuff (Touhou GTA, SD-20 synthesis, Suikama's VN project).
Bad command or file name

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 12:27:44 AM »
Myyyyyy goodness that's impressive. Just how long did you guys spend on it? It takes me so long just to whip up something for an image, let alone even look at animation and lip synching. Then again, I'm easily sidetracked by Insert Master Spark!! ---> Rain!

I did enjoy the bit at the end, because I've used nyan cat vids as an 'excuse' for being preoccupied before. I also donate blood a lot. And to think, this whole time I've been just giving it away like an idiot instead of packing the cash away.
Though, next time, I may recruit some VAs, especially fo-
Don't tempt us, and that goes double for me now that I have a mic of my own.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:32:22 AM by Reddyne »

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Spaztique

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 01:32:31 AM »
Myyyyyy goodness that's impressive. Just how long did you guys spend on it? It takes me so long just to whip up something for an image, let alone even look at animation and lip synching. Then again, I'm easily sidetracked by Insert Master Spark!! ---> Rain!

I did enjoy the bit at the end, because I've used nyan cat vids as an 'excuse' for being preoccupied before. I also donate blood a lot. And to think, this whole time I've been just giving it away like an idiot instead of packing the cash away.Don't tempt us, and that goes double for me now that I have a mic of my own.

This took roughly two weeks, and most of it was done in CamStudio. I call it "Walfas Puppetry": I set up the mouth/eye hotkeys and then puppet the characters. It's much easier when they're standing still since I can recut the lipsync if something doesn't work out. To get multiple objects moving at once, I set up masks over different video layers so they all play at once.

Also, if people are that tempted to do voices, it may be a good thing since people will be quick with sending them over once production begins.

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 02:07:59 PM »
Though, next time, I may recruit some VAs

Totally count me in if this.

Laughed all the way through that, and I generally don't enjoy Walfas stuff, very well done ^-^
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 05:13:30 PM »
Ah, before I forget to ask, what did you use to record your voice?

Don't say 'a microphone' because that's obvious. :P What I mean is, what sort of microphone? A normal, standalone mic? One attached to a headset? Web-Cam mic? And also, what program? Was it just a simple audio recorder? Or was it an actual program?

Please let me know. Out of curiosity, more then anything.

And before I forget, can we throw ideas at you now for future skits you can do? Because I have a couple already. ^^

Spaztique

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 05:27:13 PM »
Ah, before I forget to ask, what did you use to record your voice?

Don't say 'a microphone' because that's obvious. :P What I mean is, what sort of microphone? A normal, standalone mic? One attached to a headset? Web-Cam mic? And also, what program? Was it just a simple audio recorder? Or was it an actual program?

Please let me know. Out of curiosity, more then anything.

And before I forget, can we throw ideas at you now for future skits you can do? Because I have a couple already. ^^

I know this is going to sound insane given the fact it sounds half-decent in the video, but it's a Logitech Desktop Microphone. Yeah. After recording it all in Sonar 7, I cleaned up the background noise in Audacity (it has an AMAZING sound removal plugin) and then tweaked the sound (compression, equalization, and pitch shifting) in Sonar 7 once more.

Edit: Also, I have a plush camera carrying case over it as a windscreen/pop filter.

And yes, you may pitch more skits. I already have a few ideas for a multi-character episode.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:58:11 PM by Spaztique »

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, 07:13:43 PM »
Wow. Thanks for that. I'll probably have to improvise with the pop-filter like you did too; though it's nice to see it still works. XD

Ok, here be a couple of ideas.

Sound Clip Idea 01: More RvB. :P It's the part where Church blows up. Of course, that role is done by Ruukoto; makes sense, no? XD You can decide which characters fill up the rest of the screen; or maybe make it an alternate scene in PoDD.

MotK Idea 01: Judge Shiki. I was looking at the part where Komachi was complaining and Shikieiki told her to 'get off your ass.' The other potential idea from that, if it COULD be done, was Komachi 'trolling' Ruro for reasons we all know.  :3 Of course, if that gets a fight scene out of it, I want my food & bet stand that I was running on a cameo panel before said fight. (I'll send Character DNA over if it happens.)

Sound Clip Idea 02: Time for something from Dragonball Z Abridged. The part where Goku 'makes his escape' but doesn't. Possible deleted scene from PoFV; Cirno 'escaping' from Yuuka. Or whoever else you think fits the scene more. ^^

I'll probably post more up later; I'm still a bit tired after midnight shenanigans, followed by work all day. ><