Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments  (Read 281831 times)

Touhou Accomplishments
« on: April 21, 2009, 05:51:26 AM »
Guess I'll be the one to get the ball rolling. And just for the hell of it, I took "Thread" out of the title because it's redundant to me and I'm like that  ::)

No accomplishments from me lately, let alone any real Touhou playtime. The massive pileup of homework and studying on me seems to be near infinite at this point in time. Not to mention, I have 4 midterms this week, so woooooo.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 05:53:56 AM »
What happened to the destroyer? D: D: D:

And lol, I'm just posting here for posterity. I guess I can say I may have possibily figured out that damned midboss fairy's first attack in LLS stage 4, but I haven't played again to test it out.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Pako

• Forum pessimist, chatbox optimist
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 05:54:10 AM »
I 1CC'd MOF normal with all characters in a row whithout starting over once!

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 05:57:08 AM »
What happened to the destroyer? D: D: D:

"bjwdestroyer" is actually a name I've had since the 5th grade, and starting about a year or two ago, I've tried beginning to transition into "bjw" since the former is way too long. Of course, this is extremely difficult due to being unable to change your name in practically every community/forum, etc.

nintendonut888

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 06:04:38 AM »
Huh. Well, as you can see, some of us never let go to our silly names of old. ^_^
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 06:08:28 AM »
I don't have the safespot as down as I thought I did. I think I can get it about 50% of the time. That's still better than the alternative, though.

I'm considering using some sort of physical marking to indicate where it is, or perhaps a software solution exists...

nintendonut888

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 06:24:08 AM »
What safespot?

Cirno

• I'm the strongest!
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 06:48:02 AM »
I'm the strongest.

Gengetu Rape Time

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 06:50:28 AM »
Oh yeah? Well eye'm the rapist!

!

*shoots Cirno*

YOU FORGOT THE "EYE"

More on topic, do you think anyone will ever be able to defeat me? Really Drake, if you're up for it, I would love to see you use slowdown and record yourself surviving this attack.

Kefit

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 07:04:23 AM »
Gimme a way to play against the attack without having to play through the entirety of LLS Extra and I will see what I can do.

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 07:40:40 AM »
In honor of a new board, have a pacifist Flandre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifs4t9dXPSI&fmt=22

nintendonut888

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 07:54:16 AM »
Wut.

That's awesome.

Reminds me that I still need to no-death clear IN extra. V_V

I think Flandre and Remilia should explode twice anyway.

Herasy

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 08:00:04 AM »
Hello new boards!

I have been lacking any sort of achievements lately, but recently I decided to complete PCB Sakuya Easy and managed to do it with Max lives at the end. Yay.

Also, does anyone think the font is just a bit small?

Kefit

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 08:07:53 AM »
In honor of a new board, have a pacifist Flandre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifs4t9dXPSI&fmt=22

That's some incredible patience you have there. I have no idea how you manage to do these pacifist Extra runs when they often entail so much boredom while waiting for the timer to count down on trivial stuff.

Also, what in the world is up with your version of EoSD? I know someone was working on a sprite hack, but this seems to have changed more than just that. Did it replace the knives with a graphic that is slightly more representative of the actual hitbox?

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 08:12:03 AM »
That's some incredible patience you have there. I have no idea how you manage to do these pacifist Extra runs when they often entail so much boredom while waiting for the timer to count down on trivial stuff.
This. Also, nice job at timing out Kagome-Kagome and Four of a Kind without dying.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 08:16:55 AM »
Also, what in the world is up with your version of EoSD? I know someone was working on a sprite hack, but this seems to have changed more than just that. Did it replace the knives with a graphic that is slightly more representative of the actual hitbox?

It's the EoSD retexture pack.  There's a link to it on the wiki.

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 08:29:17 AM »

This is only really bad in Phantasm.  So many streaming attacks...  The non-spellcard timers are actually fairly low in EoSD, and with many of the more boring attacks I'm glad to have a chance to catch my breath and blink, given that the average run is >20 minutes of straight play.  Except for Mokou they didn't take me many tries either, so I didn't have time to get frustrated playing the same attacks over and over. (I never want to see Xu Fu again.)  I guess in the end if you don't enjoy it, don't do it  :)

Kefit

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 08:48:46 AM »
The guy who made this retexture hack was being awfully considerate - he marked the safe spot for me!

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 09:06:13 AM »
No accomplishments from me lately, let alone any real Touhou playtime. The massive pileup of homework and studying on me seems to be near infinite at this point in time. Not to mention, I have 4 midterms this week, so woooooo.

But does Σ homeworkn converge to a finite value?

*has been working on calculus homework for the last 6 hours and is going insane because of it.

*has also shortened his username due to the original one being too long.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 09:12:17 AM »
But does Σ homeworkn converge to a finite value?
Good question, is {homeworkn} a Cauchy sequence? :P
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Adun

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 09:44:24 AM »
Got my first 1cc of MoF Normal in with ReimuA. All the time spent in IN was boring me.
This means I've unlocked Extra in every game, and it's time do beat them. Celebratation. \o/

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 10:10:54 AM »
Stage 6 EoSD Hard Mode.

Midboss? Joke. Capture.

Capture... capture... capture...
Scarlet Meister time... ... ... Timeout!?
Then failed to capture Scarlet Gensokyo. Overconfidence from timing out Scarlet Meister (not to mention max rank... oh boy >_>).

Now I just need some good desktop recording software so I can share my moments when doing Practice Runs in EoSD.

I think... there might be a trick to Scarlet Meister. Even if it can generate walls. I'll study this one overnight.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

ghost333

• A retired Lunatic
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 01:13:02 PM »
i did an amazing 4a on a lunatic run today. but unfartuntly i still got onwned at kaguya :(

nintendonut888

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 02:11:30 PM »
I will continue to hold on to the original graphics kthx. I still think the retexture pack makes all the graphics look out of place.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 04:18:30 PM »
Captured VoWG (Hard) yesterday.  Promptly forgot to save the replay, but I finally got it.  What's really bugging me is that not only can I not get it again, but I can't get freakin' Heaven's Dragon either; I keep running into bullets when moving back across for no good reason.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 06:40:24 PM »
2 death practice run of EoSD Stage 6 Lunatic. Hurrah.
I feel a 1cc coming soon... ... ...maybe.

It's odd, because I still can't handle hard mode on SA or MoF. Haven't even tried IN.
Is EoSD Lunatic one of the easiest?
Advocate of Transhumanism

hiddenryuu

• Artist in Training
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 06:49:52 PM »
I think it's just depends on person, and what you practice more.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I do okay in EoSD, but other touhous own me.

I guess different people just have different thing that own them.

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 06:55:23 PM »
Ah yeah, you're probably right.
SA's stage 1 is very discouraging...
Advocate of Transhumanism

Adun

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 07:27:17 PM »
Almost did a full 1cc of EoSD Hard when Remilia pwned me in the face with Scarlet Meister.

DuffMcWhalen

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 11:34:57 PM »
The most I have ever accomplished was 1ccing IN on normal :P