Author Topic: Touhou soccer games english patch?  (Read 140702 times)

Re: Touhou soccer games english patch?
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2009, 04:22:27 AM »
Working good so far.

I can't access the Main Scenario - it freezes after the random guy pops up during the first cutscene and goes "Become the Super Shooting Player" or whatever.  But this isn't a patch issue - it happens with the patch disabled too so I'm clueless.

Anyway though, the only text glitches I've seen so far has been: Wriggle's Border Of Death has no line; and I think it's either Lily White or Lily Black has a line that consists of "25" (lolwut).  ...And a number of text overflows but I haven't been paying them enough attention to remember T.T;

Try turning the BGM off in options. If that works, I think you can switch it back on after you can save.

For the Lily line, can you provide more detail? Was it the GK or outfielder versions? And was it for their specials, or normal encounters?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2009, 08:31:40 AM »
Try turning the BGM off in options. If that works, I think you can switch it back on after you can save.

For the Lily line, can you provide more detail? Was it the GK or outfielder versions? And was it for their specials, or normal encounters?
Okay, I'll try that.

I -think- the Lily line was her Border of Death, but I don't remember.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2009, 08:43:20 AM »
I just put the script for Chapter 5 (untranslated) on the wiki. Holy CRAP that was tedious. It didn't help that it was the end of the first part and the start of the second so there was a lot going on. At least I pretty much caught everything that was going on. If I weren't so busy formatting everything, I would've translated it as well. I would've done both at the same time, but I don't have enough time today and I need something to do during downtime at work anyway.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2009, 10:31:51 AM »
Yay it worked I can play Main Campaign now 8D

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
  • Not unwilling to shank you.
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2009, 05:00:51 PM »
So is there any demo download for the english patch yet?
I had a teacher who used to play radiohead during class once.

ONCE.

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2009, 12:49:05 AM »
MAJOR BUG
- Elly's sprites are gone. [screen] Her Demon Gate animation is fine though.

MAJOR TEXT ISSUES
- When an opponent has the ball and faces your GK and outfield player, if you order your GK to stay on goal and defender to do something, when the latter is taking action, commentator says something like "(name) stays on goal". I've seen it only once, happened when I chose "Intercept" for a defender action on a high ball. It was too sudden, so I failed to take a screenshot. It might a bug in the original game though.
- Text not translated: [screen] It's a free kick taker choice window.

MINOR TEXT ISSUES
- Should be "of" instead of "fo": [screen]
- A bunch of commas at the end of Cirno's in-shop description: [screen]
- When you use Prismriver Sisters' Phantom Dining, sometimes (but not always!) the text when they are shouting each other's names is one line too high. It's perfectly readable, but looks a bit strange. It happened to me with Lyrica/Lunasa [screen #1] and Merlin/Lyrica [screen #2] combo.
- There's a strange characted at the end of Ghost Clifford's name when you are choosing a shot during the match [screen].
- When choosing a GK for an all-star game, "Recovery Speed" is too long: [screen]
- There should be a question mark at the end here: [screen]
- Following technique names are too long when you can choose them during the match: FW Somersault Shot [screen #1], Enhanced FP.Shadow [screen #2], Paschal Moon Slash [screen #3], Night-Sparrow Song [screen #4], Fazioli Performance [screen #5]

By the way, Mima's Twilight Spark is unusable for computer players too.

Quote from: Chen the Formless God Worshipper
So is there any demo download for the english patch yet?

Deranged posted a link few days ago.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2009, 02:05:56 AM »
MAJOR BUG
- Elly's sprites are gone. [screen] Her Demon Gate animation is fine though.
Oh, that's the fault of the patch?  I thought that was an error with the game itself, but I hadn't gone and retested that with the patch deactivated yet.  Regardless, I've seen the same issue.

N-Forza

« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2009, 05:31:58 AM »
Chapter 5 translated on the wiki.

« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2009, 08:57:12 AM »
Touhou Soccer 2 Preliminary Translation Patch V0.4

http://www.mediafire.com/?j0zzzyhq2vz
-All Sub-scenarios dialogue translated and formatted (preliminary)
-Tons of bugs from previous version fixed

Looking at the text files for travel mode, I expect it'll take me a week or so to finish translating that bunch. After that, I'll work on transcribing everything onto the wiki so NForza can check my work.

I'm still looking for movie editors to work on the shot videos; there's a lot more than I expected that can use translations, but only 4 or 5 where they're fairly vital.

As always, if you find any instances of overflowing text or bugs or etc, let me know. I'd be especially wary of overflowing text from the locations in the upper-right of the screen during dialogue sections.

- When an opponent has the ball and faces your GK and outfield player, if you order your GK to stay on goal and defender to do something, when the latter is taking action, commentator says something like "(name) stays on goal". I've seen it only once, happened when I chose "Intercept" for a defender action on a high ball. It was too sudden, so I failed to take a screenshot. It might a bug in the original game though.
- When you use Prismriver Sisters' Phantom Dining, sometimes (but not always!) the text when they are shouting each other's names is one line too high. It's perfectly readable, but looks a bit strange. It happened to me with Lyrica/Lunasa

I wasn't able to find a fix for the first one (it's a bug from the Japanese version as well), and wasn't able to reproduce the second one/find out what exactly went wrong. The others should all be fixed though.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 09:01:09 AM by Deranged »

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2009, 01:51:54 PM »
You guys are like my heroes.

« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2009, 11:50:31 PM »
Here's some stuff I found. And before you ask, my Travel Mode team name's been invisible since before the patch. Dunno why.

ACTUAL BUGS
--PC-98 Marisa, during the conversation before the second-to-last Travel Mode match starts, still has a Japanese name. It's just fine once I get to the Team Data menu, though.
--Same with Yuka.
--Heh:
Alice: You're not considered a hand, so please do it, Shanghai!
*uses Shanghai Doll intercept*
Mai: See ya,
Rinnosuke: The ball has flown away!
Mai: 25
--During the dialogue after the first match of Reimu's scenario... [pic]

OVERFLOW
--When buying Komachi in the shop, there is some text overflow in the description. [pic]
--Same for Yumeko. [pic]
--Ran's Border of Death. [pic]
--Youmu's Paschal Moon Slash -- not exactly overflow, but pretty close... [pic]
--PC-98 Alice's special dribble. [pic]
--"Shanghai Doll" and "Makai Citizen" overflow on the Team Data screen during Alice's scenario. [pic]
--Shanghai's name also overflows when playing. [pic]
--Speaking of Alice's scenario, there's quite a bit of overflow in the dialogue. After the first match...
[pic 1] [pic 2] [pic 3]
--After the second match...
[pic 1] [pic 2]
--After the third match...
[pic 1] [pic 2] [pic 3] [pic 4] [pic 5] [pic 6]
--After match four... [pic]
--Reimu's scenario, after the first match:
[pic 1] [pic 2]
--The Original Touhou Combination. Also, they're not on Team Hakurei. [pic]

ALIGNMENT
--The first two text boxes during Cirno's Minus ⑨ are aligned lower than normal. [pic]
--Same with Yukari's combination shot, except it's the second and third boxes. [pic]
--Same with Aya's ground shot. [pic]
--PC-98 Alice's text is too high when using her special tackle. [pic]
--When buying the Roukanken from the shop, there seems to be an extraneous line break or two in its description. [pic]
--Medicine's special danmaku. [pic]
--The second text box of Medicine and PC-98 Alice's combination has the text centered too low. [pic]
--Similarly, both text boxes of the OTHER combination are too low. [pic 1] [pic 2]
--At the end of Alice's scenario, one of the lines breaks in the middle of a word. [pic]

GRAMMAR/SPELLING/WHATEVER
--When you score with a "critical" shot, the S in "strong" isn't capitalized. [pic]
--Also, when someone scores with a header after a failed shot (Last History, in this case), the H in "heading" isn't capitalized. [pic]
--There is a similar capitalization issue with the word "it's" during Ran's special dribble. [pic]
--The above issue also arises when a GK catches the ball. [pic]
--No, Chiyuri, I'm pretty sure YOU'RE on Team Touhou. [pic]
--Suika's special intercept has some text missing. [pic 1] [pic 2]
--After the first match of Alice's scenario, when she's done talking with Aya and gets to Makai, there are a couple of missing/misplaced punctuation marks in the first two text boxes. I forgot to screencap them, though. D=
--PC-98 Reimu's dialogue during her special shot is missing punctuation. [pic]

That's all I could see so far, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for more.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 05:09:21 AM by rdj522 »

« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2009, 04:32:21 PM »
Touhou Soccer 2 Preliminary Translation Patch V0.7
http://www.filefactory.com/file/a14fh6d/n/Touhou_Soccer_2_Translation_Patch.rar
-Travel Mode dialogue translated (preliminary)
-More bug fixes

I uploaded it to filefactory since mediafire was being as slow as molasses for me; I'll re-upload it to mediafire later.

The only dialogue left in the game that's not completely translated now is the main scenario and the team name entry box for Travel Mode. For now, I'll be taking a break of sorts; playtesting the game, transcribing the dialogue/translations for the subscenarios and travel mode onto the wiki, and modifying some of the encounter lines which uses the opponent's name. If I have more time, I might try to transcribe the Japanese for the main scenarios onto the wiki too.

As ever, if there are any overflows or bugs or etc, let me know.

Merry Christmas. Though it isn't Christmas here anymore...

Tons of bug fixes

Thanks a bunch. Most of the ones you've pointed out has been fixed in 0.7. A few notes though:
-Makai Citizen now -> Makai Girl in the team data/match screen, for space reasons; not a direct translation, but given that they're all girls...
-All the alignment stuff for match quotes is slightly problematic due to the nature of how the game is coded. For example, if a quote has two lines given to it in the original Japanese, I can either try to fit the english translation into two lines (which is not always possible), or force another line right below the second line, which will look out of sync with the other lines (A direct and fairly obvious example being in the Youmu Moonslash screenshot). I'd still welcome any notifications of lines that suffer the latter syndrome so I can see if I need to/can shorten it, but in some cases it may well be impossible without sacrificing a lot of the original Japanese's context, especially for single-line quotes.
-Poison Breath's commentator quote is also horribly aligned in the Japanese version. It's unfixable with my means; the best I can do is cut off the second line so it still fits in the box, but it'll still look pretty ugly anyway, so I'll probably stick with how it is now.
-Chiyuri always identifies the wrong team when she uses Time Cutter in the Japanese version too. Also unfixable with my means.
-I used a workaround instead of a direct fix to get around the non-capitalized volley/header/strong shot/etc bug. Hopefully it doesn't break anything else.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 04:35:50 PM by Deranged »

« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2009, 07:23:48 PM »
Happy to help. I'll let you know if I see anything else by editing this post.

Trying a different format this time...

TECHNIQUES
--The Original Touhou Combo references correctly now, but... [pic]
--I wonder what they're scared of? [pic]
--There's a random apostrophe here. [pic]
--Another alignment issue, although I don't think this one's fixable... [pic]

REIMU'S SCENARIO
--After the second match: [pic 1] [pic 2]

AYA'S SCENARIO
--During the prologue: [pic]
--After the first match, a spelling error: [pic]
-----Also, Ran's "No" somewhere in there is missing punctuation, but I forgot to screencap it.
--The briefing before the second match: [pic]
--After the second match: [pic 1] [pic 2...I think there's more than just a period missing here]
--The briefing before the third match: [pic]
--After the third match: [pic 1] [pic 2] [pic 3] [pic 4] [pic 5] [pic 6] [pic 7]
-----Two other things I forgot to screencap: "cavalry" is misspelled in one of Kana's lines, and Keine is missing an article in a line to the effect of "This barrier covers very large area".

CIRNO'S SCENARIO
--During the prologue: [pic 1] [pic 2]
--The briefing before the first match: [pic 1 - knowing Cirno, that first "I'll" is probably correct] [pic 2]

OTHER
--More fun with Shanghai. [pic]
--I'm not sure how, but near the end of the All-Star Mode game that the above picture was from, one of the AI's players warped from one end of the field to the other. I'd bounced a corner kick off of the goalpost, which resulted in the enemy Rikako clearing the ball to another of my players. I tried heading the ball in, but the enemy Kaguya somehow intercepted and was somehow at my end of the field afterwards. Was this in the original version? o_O
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 12:50:28 AM by rdj522 »

N-Forza

« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2009, 12:23:59 AM »
Yeah, sorry for not doing anything past the one chapter. Somehow I've run into even less time than when I was working. I'll see if I can't at least transcribe another chapter tomorrow.

CCY

« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2009, 10:38:13 AM »
This is canon from Pooshlmer. Or however you spell it. I figured I'd move here since I've started screencapping a la rdj522 and Scooter Fox.

This is all stuff that's occurred in the latest version (v.0.7). Hopefully it is relevant stuff.

Incidentally, I plan to go through Travel Mode and check for misspellings / etc there, mainly since I'm still grinding my travel team up to ridiculous levels while waiting for Good Things to come up in the shop. Hopefully like no one else is checking that right now, anyway.

SCENARIO:
- Overflow in dialogue during last match at halftime (5-5 vs. Team Seihou) [pic]
- Misspellings or misplaced commas after winning final match (i.e. post 5-5 vs. Team Seihou) [pic1] [pic2]
(P.S. Gonna rant here, but HAHAHAHA suck it Team Seihou, finally beat you after like 5 failed runs, which is like 10 hours of playing. ;_; Had to recruit Elrich, grind levels, and watch kicks bounce off the post FIVE TIMES after Letty failed a save - thrice with an open goal - but finally won 5-4. And my game-winning Fantasy Heaven blew Letty away. Worth it.)

SHOP:
- GK Mima's join text is broken. [pic]
- Random overflows: [Miko's Sandals] [Elly] [Lyrica] [Ran] [GK Koakuma] [GK Mima] [GK Daiyousei] [Chiyuri]

IN-GAME:
- Near-overflow on one of the Prismriver's BOD's. I feel dumb for not remembering which one this is, but it's 2 AM. [pic]
- Slight spacing error on Rumia's faceoff. [pic]
- Missed capital on Mima's BOD. [pic]
- Something probably missing from one of VIVIT's special moves. [pic]
- Medicine's special danmaku not fixed yet? [pic]
- I don't know if this 'pass to who?' can be re-centered, but ... [pic]
- Overflow on ... this PC-98 meganekko's BOD. [pic]

MENU:
- Overflow on 'item recieved' text. [pic]
- The referee's dialogue that shows up if you don't start the match right away is untranslated, if you didn't know.
- Not sure if you want to shorten "Opponent's GK" for one of the generic GKs. [pic]
- I got this in one match (early Travel Mode) after reading the 'Info' from Mari. I feel like something's off. [pic]
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 10:40:52 AM by CCY »

« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2009, 02:37:15 PM »
Fixed bugs, waiting a bit on next release until I fully playtest this thing myself and having something more substantial though. A few notes:

- Medicine's special danmaku not fixed yet? [pic]
- I don't know if this 'pass to who?' can be re-centered, but ... [pic]
- The referee's dialogue that shows up if you don't start the match right away is untranslated, if you didn't know.
- I got this in one match (early Travel Mode) after reading the 'Info' from Mari. I feel like something's off. [pic]

#1: Apparently weirdly aligned for some reason that can't be fixed by the .csv files alone. Not fixable as far as I know.
#2: Can you give more details on what exactly brought this window up? (free kick, corner kick, or something else?) That specific phrase actually has several leading spaces to push it rightwards, because the text for choosing a One-two partner uses that same "Pass to who?" message as well, and was aligned such that it went outside the box on the left side by default; the leading spaces I put in put it into the box correctly. It seems likely I'd have to choose either one or the other to fit into the box correctly, so I'd like to see where that came from, and whether it's seen more often.
#3: The commentator lines? I'm aware of it, and I'm more or less saving it for the last thing to do since it's pretty much the most pointless dialogue in the game. Though admittedly, I'm running out of things to do...
#4: Need more details for this. Was it the briefing that just suddenly cut off, or something else? And which match exactly, if possible?

CCY

« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2009, 11:18:55 PM »
#2: It happens whenever you try to pass to a location that contains two or more of your teammates.
#4: Uh ... I'll get back to you when I loop around Travel Mode again. It's in the first five matches, that's all I recall.

And another batch after 80% of a run through Travel Mode (I use the terms in the DoujinStyle guide to describe which match I'm talking about, since there are branching routes and all) ... I still haven't had a chance to look at movies, sorry, but I'm thinking I might try subbing them (using standard subtitling programs like Aegisub) a la standard anime fansubs, since I have a small amount of experience with that.

MAJOR BUGS (i.e. non-textual):
- VIVIT's Complete Smash is somewhat broken. It displays as 'Complete Smash' (with cost 0) on the character stats menu (i.e. pre-game), and 'Smash' (with cost 0) on the shot select menu (i.e. in-game).

Selecting it still functions as Complete Smash (i.e. VIVIT's music comes on and the 'approaching goal' animation is that of Complete Smash), but it costs no guts, VIVIT says a blank line, and no movie animation is played.

- Suika's (non-GK) menu sprites appear to be silhouettes (i.e. completely blacked out). I'm not sure if this was always the case or not, as this one's kind of hard to reproduce. You have to wait for her to come up in the shop. Next time, I'll try to save at a point where this can be seen.

SHOP / MENU TEXT OVERFLOWS:
[PC98 Alice] [Jack] [Kotohime] [GK China] [GK Suika]

- Punctuation needed in GK Mima's dismissal: [pic]

- Overflow in Lily White's join: [pic]

- Chiyuri's name is misspelled in character select (shown here in Travel Mode) [pic]

IN-GAME DIALOGUE:
- Elly's BOD reads like "Y, (newline)  yeah!!" ... probably wrong.
- [Yuyuko's BOD]
- [Koakuma's BOD]

TRAVEL MODE DIALOGUE:
- Mistakes in 2A-5 (vs. Saigyouji Gluttons) dialogue: [pic1] [pic2]

- 3A-5, one of Mari's lines has an extra comma at the end. Either her first or second line, I think.
- Likewise, Patchy says 'noncholance' in one of her lines, which is misspelled.
- "Are you purposely teaching her" (cut off - one of Sakuya's lines)
- Also in 3A-5: [pic1] [pic2] [pic3] [pic4]
- 3A-5 postmatch (defeat), VIVIT starts off with an empty line, and her final two lines have an extra comma at the end.

- And some assorted overflows and erratas I managed to screencap:
[3A-1] [3A-2] [3A-2 (2)] [3A-3] [4B-1] [4B-4]

- 4B-5, Reimu has an empty line, right before Marisa and Suika's line.

« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2009, 09:07:31 AM »
--After the second match: [pic 1]

--I'm not sure how, but near the end of the All-Star Mode game that the above picture was from, one of the AI's players warped from one end of the field to the other. I'd bounced a corner kick off of the goalpost, which resulted in the enemy Rikako clearing the ball to another of my players. I tried heading the ball in, but the enemy Kaguya somehow intercepted and was somehow at my end of the field afterwards. Was this in the original version? o_O

1: Intentional. She slurs her words like that in the Japanese as well.
2: I'd probably put that down to the a random bug; I don't think I've modified anything to do with the game's AI or match code. THS2 is honestly full of them, heh.

#2: It happens whenever you try to pass to a location that contains two or more of your teammates.

- Suika's (non-GK) menu sprites appear to be silhouettes (i.e. completely blacked out). I'm not sure if this was always the case or not, as this one's kind of hard to reproduce. You have to wait for her to come up in the shop. Next time, I'll try to save at a point where this can be seen.

- 4B-5, Reimu has an empty line, right before Marisa and Suika's line.

1. Hrm, I'll probably keep it as it is then.
2. Do you mean her portrait that shows along with her quote when you buy her from the shop? If so, then yeah, it's always been a black silhouette for some reason. If you mean the in-match sprites, then there's a problem...
3. You mean VIVIT and not Reimu, right?

All other bugs fixed. I'll probably release a bugfix version in the next few days.

« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2009, 08:05:58 PM »
Hi people, I'm the not-so-nameless fairy who helped with the latter half of the character info pages.

I'd like to help some more with this if I could. As such I have a minor suggestion:

Wouldn't the Shanghai stuff be easily avoided if you removed "Doll" from her name?

« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2009, 08:25:56 PM »
I'm back after Christmas, but I'll wait for the next patch, because it's easy to lose track of what's already reported and what is not. Some kind of summary post could be useful.

« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2009, 06:24:42 PM »
Touhou Soccer Preliminary Translation Patch v0.71
http://www.mediafire.com/?dyz2njimttq
-Proofreading and proper formatting of all subscenarios and Travel mode dialogue... hopefully
-Other assorted bug fixes

Been too busy this holiday season to work too much on this, hopefully will work on the leftover commentator lines + working out that name entry screen somehow in the next week or so.

As ever, if there's any overflows, bugs, etc, let me know.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 06:26:17 PM by Deranged »

« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2009, 07:22:23 PM »
As always, I'll be editing this post when I find new bugs. So far:

CIRNO'S SCENARIO
--In the second half of the match, during the "cutscene" where Minus ⑨ is unlocked, there's a graphical bug in which Cirno's minimap position is still drawn on the screen. [pic]

RUMIA AND MYSTIA'S SCENARIO
--In the prologue: "I'll also have deal"
--In the briefing before the first match: "...in front of goal," although fixing that might cause overflow
--After the first match: "...and the shikgami's shikigami..."

OTHER
--Yuka's Border of Death had some overflow in the last patch; I'll need to double-check it after I'm through with Cirno's scenario.
-----Update on that front: I can't get it to activate. And when I got it to work with the last patch...just look at the time. X_X
--I'm surprised I didn't notice the lack of an "and" until now. [pic]
--Alignment issues: [pic 1] [pic 2]
--Lunasa's Border of Death: [pic]
--Not sure if this is a bug or not, but if you wait long enough while Rinnosuke is giving his pre-game commentary in All-Star Mode, he starts rattling off all of his lines. [pic]

HOLY CRAP WHAT
--Enemy Alice uses her special one-two to get into my penalty zone. She jumps; my Sakuya attempts to clear, and my Yuyuko uses Ghost Butterfly to try and intercept. What I see is PC-98 Reimu clearing the ball, despite not being present in the match at all. o_O

EDIT: "The long-awaited All-Star patch has finally been released today." Heh.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 06:15:20 AM by rdj522 »

« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2009, 10:14:37 PM »
MAJOR BUGS

- This is not translated: [screen]. To recreate it you need to choose 'Pass' option, then select a field with 2 or more players on it (at least one must be yours), confirm it and when asked to choose who exactly to pass to, cancel by pressing X.
- When Mima joins during the match in Lily's Scenario, Rinnosuke's reply lacks line break(s). [screen].

MINOR BUGS

- Text slightly out of place: [screen]. It happens when you want to pass to a field where 2 or more players stand at the same time.
- Third line in Lily's Scenario's description is too long. [screen]
- When choosing a sub-scenario, it's called Lily's Scenario, yet just before the match it's Lilys' Scenario: [screen].
- One of Lily Black's lines in the Lily's Scenario intro is a tiny bit too long. [screen]
- Unnecessary space at the beginning of the last line here: [screen] (it's in Lily's Scenario intro).
- "atheletic": [screen] (Lily's Scenario match briefing)

By the way, are there things like pre-/post-match dialogues or match briefings that are still left untranslated? I remember spotting such thing but I don't know if I'm supposed to report it or not.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 10:16:56 PM by Scooter Fox »

« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2010, 01:55:12 PM »
Touhou Soccer Preliminary Translation Patch v0.72
http://www.mediafire.com/?i2twwjtkd2n
-Fixed major bugs regarding Club Iron Wall and Nineball Cirno.
-Other assorted minor bug/formatting fixes.

--In the second half of the match, during the "cutscene" where Minus ⑨ is unlocked, there's a graphical bug in which Cirno's minimap position is still drawn on the screen.
--I'm surprised I didn't notice the lack of an "and" until now.
--Not sure if this is a bug or not, but if you wait long enough while Rinnosuke is giving his pre-game commentary in All-Star Mode, he starts rattling off all of his lines. [pic]
HOLY CRAP WHAT

#1: Bug in the original Japanese version, unfixable.
#2: With the way the insertion of text is done for that portion, it's basically impossible to put an "and" between the players; that was the best alternative I could come up with.
#3: Bug in the original Japanese version too it seems. Which is a bit weird, since there is an entry for All-Star in the file that holds all those Rinnosuke one-man commentaries...
#4: I remember hearing about some graphical glitches if you use Ghost Butterfly to do intercepting in the penalty box, maybe it applied here too.

- Text slightly out of place: [screen]. It happens when you want to pass to a field where 2 or more players stand at the same time.
By the way, are there things like pre-/post-match dialogues or match briefings that are still left untranslated? I remember spotting such thing but I don't know if I'm supposed to report it or not.

#1: If I realign that, the "Pass to Who?" in the One-two dialog box will become shifted out of the box towards the left, unfortunately. Probably sticking with how it is now.
#2: All Japanese text in the game should be translated with the following exceptions:
-Main Scenario
-Rinnosuke commentaries if you don't press a button to start the match
-Travel Mode name entry screen
If you find any Japanese text that doesn't fit any of those, report it with screenshot if possible.

CCY

« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2010, 09:26:53 PM »
Hmm, perhaps I waited a bit too long to report some of these. Well, here's some things I spotted from versions 0.7 and 0.71, that may or may not have been corrected. None of them have been mentioned here yet, at least since my last post.

UNTRANSLATED:
[Continue Auto-save dialogue]
[Money earned in Travel Mode]

SHOP TEXT:
[Diamond Ring] [Mima (non-GK)] [EX-Keine] [Alice] [Youmu] [Yumemi] [Sun Visor] [Miracle Skirt] [Udonge]

MENU TEXT:
[Elly's join text]
[Shinki's join text]

SCENARIO / TRAVEL MODE DIALOGUE:
[5-2] [5-2 (2)]
[5-4]
Empty line before [this one] in Marisa/Mima's scenario, match 4.

IN-GAME DIALOGUE:
[Patchy's BOD]
[Ran's Combo Shot with Chen]

« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2010, 05:03:55 PM »
All right, here we go with the newest patch:

SCARLET SISTERS' SCENARIO
--In the prologue: [pic 1] [pic 2]
--After the first match: [pic 1] [pic 2]
--At halftime in the second match, when Maribel usually says something, the text box is skipped.
--After the second match, I forgot to screencap Mokou's "I challenge to a match!", plus: [pic]

OTHER
--Yumemi's Border of Death: [pic]
--Kotohime's special tackle: [pic]
--Probably not fixable, because of the reference made. I cannot express how much I love this. [pic]
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 05:36:38 PM by rdj522 »

N-Forza

« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2010, 06:15:35 AM »
Sorry for not doing anything for so long, but the last couple of weeks have been really crazy. Anyway, I finally finished checking Alice's Scenario so that just leaves Lily's and then I'll start on Travel Mode. I'll try to get another chapter of the main scenario done before I start on Travel Mode though.

« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2010, 03:55:49 PM »
Sorry for not doing anything for so long, but the last couple of weeks have been really crazy. Anyway, I finally finished checking Alice's Scenario so that just leaves Lily's and then I'll start on Travel Mode. I'll try to get another chapter of the main scenario done before I start on Travel Mode though.

Ok. I just finished getting all the travel mode scripts up (God that took ages...) so you can check them whenever you're free. I'll probably start putting up the Japanese of the main scenario when I get time now, and maybe start translating from the back? Once I'm done with everything else.

N-Forza

« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2010, 12:04:59 AM »
Well, if you get the Japanese transcribed, I'll be a lot more motivated to get stuff translated, so it should go a lot faster. I'll have a lot more time to work on it from now on too.

« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »
Two things spotted:

- Team's name (Intelligence History & Full Moon) doesn't fit the pre-match screen. [screen] It's Main Scenario, Eientei Cup 3rd match.
- When you choose All-Star Mode and then confirm options with the last highlight (the one in 2P Setup) placed on levels instead of music, in the next screen highlight (but not text!) is shifted one line up. This way, when the highlight is on EoSD United, you are actually choosing PCB United as reflected in the line-up on the right side of the screen. [screen] It's also an issue in Japanese version though, so it might not be fixable.
- In addition, some club names (Gensokyo Past & Present, Club Dreams & Legends, Position Change United) don't fit in that window on the left.