~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Projects

Touhou Grand Theft Auto

<< < (94/112) > >>

Dark_Fox:
Sorry for the double post but I have a couple of small but cool updates with files for download of course.

First is a small flat screen tv that I made and then gave a small 'movie clip' of the prismriver sisters getting down to 'what is love'. No audio because the game wont do that, but still easy to recognize and pretty neat little trick in my opinion. These TV's can be found in some safe houses as well as burglary mission houses. Maybe some other places too.

Second is the old drive in theater in fort carson (I think thats the name. Its right near area 69). I have animated the drive in screen there to show a 'run down' short loop of part of san andreas' intro video.   

Here's some pics:

And here are the download links:

Animated TV: http://www.mediafire.com/?wwvjbddjw074vec

Animated drive in: http://www.mediafire.com/?pzddg3lz8jfgjy2

Hope you all enjoy! I'll post more as I make it. The heat here is KILLER and its making me lazy!!

-Fox

DX7.EP:
Nice!

As for the Drive-in screen, I never knew there was one XD. However, I'll likely get it changed to Touhou-related stuff.

Dark_Fox:
Another little update. I was thinking about what you said with the drive in screen. So I decided to change it to an awesome clip of Remilia using a spell card instead. The image is clear on this one and the screen is larger. I was not going for the worn out  look with this one.

Here is the link : http://www.mediafire.com/?s28r7lq547a6755

Let me know what you think. Also, I convinced the TXD tool to allow for images beyond the old max of 1024. The images for Remi are 2048 x 2048. Take that RWIII engine! lol

-Fox

DX7.EP:
Hehe, nice!

Also, I thought about the 'consistency' reasoning I have for this project, and thought that creating an HQ version will end up making more of a split. Since the primary mod for this will likely be SRT, and since having the same gta3.img may be important (especially for SAMP/MTA support), I'm trying to decide whether to put in SRT in the official version or ignore it entirely. I plan to test it with mine after 1.6 release.

Dark_Fox:
The biggest problem with SRT is that it changes a lot of the inner file structure names and causes problems with adding map mods or custom objects later on. I went through with the latest SRT and changed/renamed or reverted all of the inner file names to avoid this problem. The only problem with that is time consumption. In order to rename many texture files, the models had to be loaded in 3DS max and re-mapped. The models for trees houses etc. are exported containing texture map data that looks for a specific texture name within the TXD file. Changing these names will fix the modding problems, but then the model will not know what texture to load. So I spent about a month or so on the latest version importing, remapping, and re-exporting models of all types. I just used the default model and texture to see what it was origionaly called and then did that with the HQ ones. The other problem with SRT is that it pushes set limits within the EXE that cannot be changed via limit adjuster. This also causes problems with stability and further mod installation. Only way to fix that would be to research the EXE, get one of the VERY limited EXE adjusting tools, and use your newly gained knowledge to adjust it. I have tuts for helping people do this because I get tired of people asking me on other forums for a copy of my modded exe and then getting mad when I tell them that for legal reasons I wont share it.

-Fox

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version