Author Topic: Where can I buy the English Touhou games?  (Read 9573 times)

Where can I buy the English Touhou games?
« on: December 23, 2010, 12:26:14 AM »
I'm sorta new to finding Touhou merchandsie, so I need some help. I'm looking for the a place to buy the Touhou games online, but all the sites I can find have the games in Japanese, not English. I've looked in several places and I can't seem to find them. I'm mainly looking for Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil, or Immaterial and Missing Power. Are they even available in English? Or is there something on the Japanese versions that translate them into English? If someone could help me, then that would be great ^^
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 12:43:23 AM by Glimmery15 »

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Re: Where can I buy the English Touhou games?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 12:56:20 AM »
Hi.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 01:21:02 AM »
There are no english versions of the Touhou games.
However, there are free patches available that will translate the games from Japanese to English.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 01:34:39 AM »
What glimmery says. Also, I suggest buying the touhou games from Forza there rather than toylet,paletweb, or uhh. I don't know wtf people buy them online, I forget.

Anyway, there was a big discussion on IRC a week ago or so about how some shmoe got his Touhou games from paletweb, and how he looked at the pressing code on his CD and discovered it was just a mass-produced version from China that never gave Zun Profits. I got mine from Forza, and mine has the good old Z-whatever press label that means it's a legit copy. I think Forza is cheaper too. Not sure now that people have to pay paypal fees, I rekon it is though. Check out his sticky post in Renko's forum.

But yes, there is no English Touhou, they are simply fan-made patches for the Japanese versions of the games.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 04:01:59 AM by Amaterasu »

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 11:23:24 AM »
Okay thanks, that helps :) But what are patches?

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 12:59:36 PM »
Check out the Touhou Wiki. Each game's page should have the appropriate download links for the english patches, if available.

edit: whoops..   You asked "What".. not "Where"...   Disregard if need be.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 01:04:08 PM by Dr.Strafe »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 01:09:50 PM »
Patches are executable files that replace most or all Japanese text with English. Once you have your game installed, you typically move the patch into the game folder, and then click it.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."