Author Topic: Gensokyo Worker's Facepalm Mafia - Topic 2, Game Over, Man, Game Over  (Read 74803 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Gensokyo Worker's Union Mafia - Topic 2, Night 5
« Reply #300 on: May 05, 2009, 03:02:23 AM »
Looking at (a) getting three replacement requests, (b) the reasoning behind the delay in the first place and (c) the level of activity after the delay ended, yes, I think I'm due a little venting.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #301 on: May 05, 2009, 04:06:35 AM »
So me, umu, wrathie, and Alice, are left.

I have every inclination to vote wrathie now (and bleh, he got left over in the endgame, which is troublesome).  But one thing of note is that he pressed the case on Edible so hard for very questionable reasons and continued to do so even after he got lots of flak for it, which contributes to his townie-feeling a little bit.  But that's partial-WIFOM and partial-meta, so... basically, he's scummy in quite a number of ways.  Also, tunnel-vision.

u-mu is slightly questionable because he pegged UK as semi-town before swaying into a full-vote, which shows a kind of fluidity in his opinions, which is not good; e.g he agreed with Edible's case without evaluation of his previous reasons for UK being town.  Also, while questioning me was good and all, I didn't really like the way he pushed the case forward (e.g I disagree) which is quite bad.  But the early vote on pesco from day one onwards is definitely a huge point in his favour, and I'm quite willing to peg him as town for this.

After considering Edible's explanation for Alice being scum, I think I have to strike him off the confirmed list in my notebook and reread him without considering his copclaim for now.

In short, this is still a hateful LyLo.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #302 on: May 05, 2009, 06:16:32 AM »

great, me in lylo... scum played their cards right to leave me alive..

... Alice being doc is questionable... but at day 1 there is a protect going on......... so
i'm lost.

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #303 on: May 05, 2009, 06:25:31 AM »
First off, fullclaim, as umu asked about it yesterday:
Townie Doctor. Limited Uses. Three of them, in fact. Ones were used N1 on myself, N2 on the cop and N4 on Edible. Nobody was protected by me on N3 (or N5, obv.)

From my perspective, at this point, there are 2 people who are very likely Townies, and one very, very obvscum. The problem with this is that I'm only 99% certain that wrathie is scum at this point, which is enough doubt for LYLO, combined with the thought that maybe I have been tunnelling on him. It does make sense for him to be scum, though, he's done nothing but scummy actions (him claiming that he will decide his LYLO vote by means of a coinflip is all kinds of hateful) and it appears that a link with pesco is at least somewhat present (no, not from the roleplaying. I'm more referring to pesco pushing a wrathie case on D1 and D2 over easier lynches. It fits in pretty nicely with pesco bussing a potential liability for townie points.), but still...bleh. It's mainly the tunelling on Edible that doesn't make sense for a scum-wrathie. Edible was not going to get lynched, why keep pressing a case on him?

umu going after UK after pegging him as semi-Town is kind of bleh, but given the circumstances (Zaknut basically confirming himself, the case on UK appearing and the impending deadline), I'm not going to immediately consider it as scummy. Definetly am going to have to reread umu, though.

@umu: why were you assuming wrathie was Town yesterday? It strikes me as slightly odd given how you previously thought he was highly suspect and wrathie didn't seem to do anything...particularly endearing since then.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #304 on: May 05, 2009, 06:27:31 AM »
Also, the above post was made after 5 VoWG Lunatic captures in a row.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #305 on: May 05, 2009, 06:39:55 AM »
After Alice's post I'm throwing in the Towel.

I have no defense for whatever things you are throwing in my general direction as it is perception on your case.

WIll be taking a very very long break from mafia due to the amount of analysis i have to go through.

##vote: wrathie

let's end this already.

Since this is an easy lynch, go get it but remember my claim.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #306 on: May 05, 2009, 06:52:53 AM »
[img=http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/picard-facepalm.jpg][/img]

What the fuck, wrathie?!?

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #307 on: May 05, 2009, 06:53:35 AM »
Er, that should be:

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #308 on: May 05, 2009, 07:06:38 AM »
I don't see how i can explain myself out of this ya noe? So might as well get it over with imo, Perception is hard to influence, if there is enough resentment with my presence, I do not see how i can explain myself out of this.

Is that not right?

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #309 on: May 05, 2009, 10:10:35 AM »
okay, now that I am calmer..

Basically my views are:

Alice:

Alert Level: Orange
Could be Scum but highly unlikely, a protect was guaranteed as Mafia must lynch per night unless she is a Mafia Doc, which is still likely.
But a Mafia Doc God Mother is highly unlikely so she get the pass.

Umu:
Alert Level: Green
I dunno, he seems okay so far, prodding in the right areas..

Affiinity:
Alert Level: Orange
an unknown to me, he did some good moves earlier but other than that i can't get a good read on him, like anyone else for that matter.

wrathie:
Alert Level: ??!?!?!?!?!?!
Am so Obvscum that I will be labeled honorary scum at end of this game for so many factors.
Anyway, like i said, lynch me or just label me scum, there is no in between, explanations for my actions are worth moot at this point of time and i'll clarify alot of things after endgame, assuming it comes at a suitable time for me

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #310 on: May 05, 2009, 10:12:37 AM »
What.  Wrathie, if you're town, then no, you're stupid and selfish to vote yourself in such a situation.  We want to win, whether you're a bad townie or not, and voting you just like that isn't going to help us much.

At the very least, unvote yourself and keep quiet.  Bleh, even if you're scum, you're still stupid.

Ninja:  Okay, that makes you slightly better.  But please, unvote.  Still don't understand your... reasons, though.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #311 on: May 05, 2009, 10:15:29 AM »
It's called psychology,

Perception in fact.

If the first impression that one is scum is put on to me, there is scarcely hope that i can shake out that Perception.

Scum is taking advantage of that fact and my short term attention span to get me to lylo, knowing the ONLY way i can nail them is by:

Blink Luck.

and not by through analysis, and my tunnel-vision tendencies don't help much either.

as requested

##unvote

I have doubts for EndDay, if Town win this, it's through sheer luck

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #312 on: May 05, 2009, 02:05:45 PM »
Oh hay, four-player LyLo douchebaggery.  This would be the perfect time for a No Lynch IMO.  Perhaps the rules should be amended in the future such that No Lynch is allowed only for 4-player LyLos, since that seems to be what you want to avoid?

I continue to believe that wrathie is floundering Town turned drama drag queen.

Alice's claim is the focus of the decision today.  I find it odd that
1) Alice waited until now to fullclaim (I know I speak American English, but you should have known what a fullclaim was when I asked for it)
2) Alice's protects just happen to be synced with the scumkills (Alice protects the obvious targets, but the scum target someone else for a Night and then come back!)
3) Alice claimed to be a limited-use Doctor in the first place (which conveniently sets up 2) )  These convenient slips and mistakes are pretty sketchy.
4) Given how seemingly unbalanced this setup is, a Godfather with all the bells and whistles in place of a Doctor makes sense!  It turns this setup into an Aesop against Follow The Cop... although I have to wonder to what extent the Tracker/Watcher would be affected by the Framer.

And then there's Affinity.  Oh hey, I was on this subject a while ago.

I'm not willing to vote for wrathie today, even if wrathie is.
I'm going to reread Affinity again and see if my mind changes.  If it does, I'm voting A-Mo and calling it a day.

Quote from: Affinity
I didn't really like the way he pushed the case forward (e.g I disagree) which is quite bad.
"I disagree" was as far as I could go with that particular point, and as far as you could as well.  Obviously, a weak point.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #313 on: May 05, 2009, 02:18:35 PM »
Hi! I got a few theories on this actually!

Alice is Godfather + Doc:
He protects himself and Selected himself to be viged or he is just GodFather which disables the hit, which means we are barking up the Wrong Tree all this time.

am 70% Sure on that, tt is the only reasonable explanation for this Lylo.

Everything, about Alice's claim has been scummy from the start... but we couldn't pin him down due to him claiming Protects... i asked for Kanako's Cop PM from the mod but tt's not allowed and since Protects are not publicly revealed it's harder for us to prove it.

I dun buy the limited protects... i need to check on the consistency of his claims on that...

Godfather = Doc since Scum decides where to place the vote to make it LOOK like Doctor in the first place

Full claim on last day is duly noted, why not the claim when he came close to Lynch in day 1/2? I forgot.. that is another factor tt looks scummy.

It smells of coverup, i need to reread day 1 to see if he was full claiming at all or it was a 'coincidence' that he is just a limited doc...

And then there's Affinity.  Oh hey, I was on this subject a while ago.

I'm not willing to vote for wrathie today, even if wrathie is.
I'm going to reread Affinity again and see if my mind changes.  If it does, I'm voting A-Mo and calling it a day.
"I disagree" was as far as I could go with that particular point, and as far as you could as well.  Obviously, a weak point.

Would like clarification on what point u were on Affinity again and the other point i dun quite understand too.

... let's end this.

if i have to place a vote, Alice is the one

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #314 on: May 05, 2009, 03:06:53 PM »
An interesting thing to note is that both pesco and Nietz were on the Alice bandwagon near the end of day one.  This seems to be a towntell at first, but when you look at their reasons, something doesn't add up.

For pesco, this is a little telling.  Compare this post with this post.  The vote switch seems quite artificial; since from his earlier post, I don't see how Alice was second scummiest.  I know this is probably u-mu's point originally, but I think it applies here; that the sudden scum-jump on the bandwagon was predetermined and necessitated a sudden change of vote.  Nietz is slightly more legitimate, but still not very convincing as he is waffling in his voting post here.  I know that Alice didn't do a single thing in the above but the above do support the scum-Alice theory.

Also, I don't understand the thought processes of scum if Alice was town, e.g first they try to kill Alice, then they don't try anymore.  Also, they must be downright clairvoyant to NOT NK the cop at first and all of a sudden decide to NK the cop at the last protect.  It doesn't seem to have a consistent rationale; I myself wouldn't sacrifice two nights and two cop investigations for a chance to out-WIFOM someone.  Lastly, yes, the limited number of use doc role is suspiciously convenient and does not seem to fit into the theme of the game, looking at the other role PMs of flips/

So yeah, for now, I'm suspicious of Alice. 

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #315 on: May 05, 2009, 03:36:57 PM »
@ Affinity:

... u're right.

pesco is defending Alice by clearing him with a weak reasoning, i can easily use that reasoning for my benefit... Alice doesn't post anywhere else than here and so pinning me down by saying i can post elsewhere and not here is pretty weak, considering posting here needs lots of analysing..
-facepalm- can't believe i missed that!

As for the Protect:

The 1st instance on Protect on Night 1 was really scummy... but i had no proof.

IMO i wld Night Vig the Doc rather than the Cop as if it was successful i would take out the only source of protect they had.
It was super convenient for a Doc to have limited Protect as after that, he 'missed' every protect and claims to have been protecting someone else, again no confirmation.

Finally, Scum Night killing the Cop at the last moment was really confusing for me but it WAS right after the Cop caught a scum and it sounded like they wanted the Cop out of the way asap, conveniently the Doc failed to protect him, so again... Scum Doc.

If alice has an explanation for this i'm gonna make it clear to you once and for all.

It's very easy for one to sway votes with perception.

Tell me which actions I did that influence the game so much that I am scum.

I am Obv Scum for:
Lurking
Weird behavior

but other than that, what else.

You on the other hand have many suspicious things about u from the start but we gave you a free pass due to your 'claim'.

Day 1: Claim to be a Doc 1st but was 'caught' when Real Doc 2 surfaced. I blame lack of time for this but it was a hasty lynch so yea.
No Full claim here but i guess we cldn't press for it fast enough.

Day 2: Convenient Protect done... I don't quite know about this, is GodFather immune from Scum Kills or is there a loophole behind this? Some1 clarify, this is the only part i still can't get my theory to fit.

Convenient Limited Protect Claim, harder and harder to actually pin Alice down.

After which
Conveniently protected the person that was not targeted by Scum in a bid to Out-WIFOM scum, hard to do... but i don't quite understand this actually.

Scum killed the Cop, Doc out of protects.

I don't buy Alice's reason for trying to out Wifom. Why wld he protect someone else who does not have a powerole than protect one that has a role? If you want to outlast scum than you are doing it wrong.

Outlasting scum still equals to townie being in threat of being lynched while if the cop lives, he has a 1/? chance of getting a scum with the chances increasing day by day.

we should have pressed for a Cop check on Alice actually but that's too late

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #316 on: May 05, 2009, 08:12:11 PM »
Oh hay, four-player LyLo douchebaggery.  This would be the perfect time for a No Lynch IMO.  Perhaps the rules should be amended in the future such that No Lynch is allowed only for 4-player LyLos, since that seems to be what you want to avoid?
Well, the way I see it is Kilga doesn't want Town to take the easy way out of a 4-player LYLO. Personally I don't see what the point of such a rule would be, No Lynch would be ideal right about now.

Quote from: umu
I continue to believe that wrathie is floundering Town turned drama drag queen.
I'm wondering why, though?

1) Alice waited until now to fullclaim (I know I speak American English, but you should have known what a fullclaim was when I asked for it)
I found your question odd not because I did not understand what a fullclaim was, but because uh, I thought I already did that on D1/D2.

3) Alice claimed to be a limited-use Doctor in the first place (which conveniently sets up 2) )  These convenient slips and mistakes are pretty sketchy.
2 is NK WIFOM so I'm not really going to answer that. In any order, I hate the role I have but I had to deal with the best that I had.

4) Given how seemingly unbalanced this setup is, a Godfather with all the bells and whistles in place of a Doctor makes sense!  It turns this setup into an Aesop against Follow The Cop... although I have to wonder to what extent the Tracker/Watcher would be affected by the Framer.
Not sure how that would explain the N1 No NK then, though, for one thing. I've not heard of NK-immune GFs in non-factions games, for one thing.

@wrathie: we did have the cop check on me, and it returned Town! This happened N1/D2! The whole concept of me being scum necessitates the cop's investigation being wrong, as if it were correct (as it is), then I am not the person to lynch as I would be Town!

Quote from: wrathie
pesco is defending Alice by clearing him with a weak reasoning, i can easily use that reasoning for my benefit... Alice doesn't post anywhere else than here and so pinning me down by saying i can post elsewhere and not here is pretty weak, considering posting here needs lots of analysing..
-facepalm- can't believe i missed that!
What. What does this even mean?

Also, one does not have to influence the game heavily to be scum. ras was scum in a couple games on this site earlier and all he did was lurk his way to victory. This is argh reasoning. But at least it's reasoning, which is nice!

Finally, my attempt to out-WIFOM scum was trying to save my final protect for later (specifically if we ever got to a 4-person LYLO, so I could act as a last-minute just-in-case prevention from a mis-lynch), but considering that...failed rather spectacularly I decided to use it immediately instead.

Nietz is slightly more legitimate, but still not very convincing as he is waffling in his voting post here.  I know that Alice didn't do a single thing in the above but the above do support the scum-Alice theory.
Regarding pesco, I have no idea what he was even doing at all in this game, but I'm not sure where Nietz's vote was any more waffly than...any other of his votes this game.

Also, I don't understand the thought processes of scum if Alice was town, e.g first they try to kill Alice, then they don't try anymore.
Considering they got burned once, I'm not that surprised. Especially since there seems to have been enough floating suspicion around that a scum could potentially push me as a mis-lynch.

Also, they must be downright clairvoyant to NOT NK the cop at first and all of a sudden decide to NK the cop at the last protect.  It doesn't seem to have a consistent rationale; I myself wouldn't sacrifice two nights and two cop investigations for a chance to out-WIFOM someone. 
Except let's turn this on its side: "it does not make sense for scum to sacrifice two nights and two cop investigations for a chance to out-WIFOM someone". So why would me-scum by that logic do that, instead of at least offing the cop before he could be a problem?

The actions of scum in general don't appear to make much sense. pesco almost appeared to WANT to get himself lynched at some points, which is strange and warrants further investigation.

Lastly, yes, the limited number of use doc role is suspiciously convenient and does not seem to fit into the theme of the game, looking at the other role PMs of flips/
That's a rather...bleh attempt at playing the setup there.

Affinity, the issue I have with your reasoning most of all is that not only does most of it follow from NK WIFOM (and appears to be inconclusive at that), but that also you appear to be presupposing scum-me and then finding evidence to support that, instead of trying to find evidence to see if I am, in fact, scum.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

Re: Gensokyo Worker's Union Mafia - Topic 2, Day 6
« Reply #317 on: May 06, 2009, 01:33:33 AM »
@Alice:
Godfather = Town when checked by Cop, it's in the abilities...

other than that i'm not sure what to add on for now

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #318 on: May 06, 2009, 01:55:38 AM »
@Alice:
Godfather = Town when checked by Cop, it's in the abilities...
Yes, I know. I was writing that in response to:

Quote from: wrathie
we should have pressed for a Cop check on Alice actually but that's too late
Which is, uh, what?

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #319 on: May 06, 2009, 02:02:14 AM »
I see, error on my part ^^

In anycase since this is a 4 Player WiFom it's do or break.

besides me, who is scummier

I view Affinity and umu's prod on you wanting answers and it is not that your claim was on D1 and D2 but rather if i remember correctly, you avoided a full Claim until someone prodded you on the Amount of Protects you got, pretty convenient at that time, smells of coverup like I said.

However if you had fullclaimed on day 1 with Vanilla Doc, Limited Protect it would have been an issue.

A Claim with a PoweRole is harder to justify than a vanilla claim especially if it is a strong Role.

That however can be read as how you lived till EndDay, with all your protect gone Doc is just a Vanilla Townie. A little coincidental don cha think?

#FoS: Alice

Last stand here.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #320 on: May 06, 2009, 05:53:17 AM »
Let's Play Danmaku Detective Game! Vote Count

wrathie (0): wrathie

With 4 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. You have 141 hours remaining.

Town is in LYLO.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #321 on: May 06, 2009, 01:18:56 PM »
@Alice:

Yes, I agree that what I presented is a little weak due to the fact that I didn't point out anything you said in your posts to support my case.  But, well, pesco's actions still do stand (e.g I don't see what he was wanting to do too anyway).  As for the NK WIFOM part and the setup speculation, one possible answer to your question about why scum-you would not want to NK the cop immediately is because doing so would make your cover as doc unconvincing. 

You can't turn my proposition on it's side because there is a difference between being scum masquerading as a doc and scum trying to play with a townie doc around; thus I see it as slightly better than WIFOM since one side is favoured more than the other.

---

Interestingly, and non-game-relatedly, wrathie seems to be cleared by flavour.  Just an observation though, and does't have any bearing on the game.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #322 on: May 06, 2009, 09:19:31 PM »
Reading again...  Wall of text to follow; skip to the bottom for tl;dr version.

-

Point of interest 1.
Quote from: Affinity 152
Oh.  Whoops.

##Unvote
##Vote: Kanako

Nothing has changed for me, despite the backtrack.  pesco was right, no questioning.
I think this has been answered, but what are you agreeing to here?  I barely see a pescopost dealing with Affinity since you previously posted.  (Also and in unrelated news, I'm going to have to capitalize the 'p' in Pesco now.)

--

Point of interest 2.
Quote from: pesco 161
I'd ask why is Edible concluding scum then finding evidence, instead of finding evidence then concluding scum? This appears to be bad play by the words of that sexy bunny. Rather tunnel-like and that's why I considered lyncher/lynchee.

We are all also aware that Alice does lurk a lot. Once again, I'm not shy about using personal knowledge of a person to dismiss their actions. Alice has exams, naturally he can't be here making goodpostsTM. I expect once the exams are done we'll see his hidden power levels participation increase.

A thing to note here is the difference between Alice's got-exams-lurk and Wrathie's at-work-lurk. Wrathie has had opportunity to post something decent when he's not at work. The gap of silence between his 'I'm at work so can't post' and 'I'm going to bed so can't post' is full of question marks.
To contrast...
Quote from: pesco 161
Giving Wrathie anal too while we're here.

Votes Rou. Unvotes Rou. Exactly what happened in between?

Then the suicide beserker post. Sigh...it's only moe when UK does it. I recall Wrathie saying somewhere that he wanted to do something with his meta, he wasn't going to change it but it had to do with how he played. This offended-Wrathie I'm seeing feels a little stronger than normal (relative to his posting elsewhere on the site).
Which to pursue, scum defending someone, scum attacking someone weakly, or scum not talking about someone at all?

---

Point of interest 3.
Quote from: Nietz 166
The same goes for Alice, a day of lurking then a post with little relevance and a badly justified vote. Problem is, that is exactly what he did on SF Mafia, and scum-me even tried to nail him for it. Even so he still doesn't look good.

wrathie is still confusing as ever for me. I sincerely don't know if that makes him scum or not, but if he is town it does make him an easy target for both scum and town, and a possible liability for town if he goes on to the endgame.
(...)
Right now I'm fine with either an Alice or a SP lynch. I'll keep my vote on Alice since I don't see why let him of the hook after that insatisfactory post.
Nietz also waffles on wrathie, but pushes A-Mo harder.
What bothers me about the two scum pushing Alice Margatroid early on is that if they were trying to bus him, they would theoretically be bussing a power role (see Point 6).  Which is... stupid, really.

----

Point of interest 4.
Quote from: pesco 176
You don't feel Alice is scummy for trying to put dirt on Rou? My vote on Alice feels like a good step after reading the best that Alice has come up with.
And similar posts attacking Alice for rather poor reasons.  It feels very staged, and Alice doesn't do nearly as much responding to it as me and Rou (see Point 12).

-----

Point of interest 5.  Affinity 251, where he tries to justify his S.Peroxide hate when he's going to be lynched anyway.  I've mentioned already how much I really don't like this post, as it's entirely unnecessary - something you don't normally say about Affinityposts.

------

Point of interest 6. 
Quote from: Rou 311
Obviously if Alice is scum, so is Kanako by proxy.

If Scum Doc isn't a possible role, I'll admit I have no choice but to clear Alice. Kanako I still don't like, basically for targeting someone WE TOLD HIM NOT TO.
This reaches into the question of who did Rou target N1?  What makes most sense based on this is that Rou Tracked Alice (and saw a self-target).

-------

Point of interest 7.
Quote from: Affinity 324
I am also thrilled to hear that the simplicity of a crackpot theory makes it more liable to be believed.
I don't see what you're poking at here, but again, I really don't like this post for some reason.

--------

Point of interest 8. 
Quote from: Affinity 330
You're missing the point.  I'm saying that if Kanako is a townie cop (or if anyone was a townie cop for that matter), that person would investigate Alice, wouldn't they, based on the rarity of there being two townie docs in the game?  I'm sure you would, since you're voting him right now.  Alice being scum is by no means an axiom of truth as you make it out to be.
It's not an affirmation of Alice-Town, but it IS factually correct.  I'm not sure if this is scummy or just slippery.

---------

Point of interest 9. 
Quote from: pesco 335
Call me an asshole if you will, there's nobody for me compete with for such a title this game. I don't buy Wrathie's actions. Your laptop may be causing problems, but I don't believe it had anything to do with a busted keyboard. You could coherently tell us the keyboard was broken, but not lay a vote? The posting style also indicated some time between each line of vote, complaint, unvote, complaint.

##Vote Wrathie for president
Pesco tries to get wrathie out of the game early on, pushing for reasons that actually make sense (not that Pesco had to work very hard to find them).  I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bus or not - considering how hard Pesco was pushing wrathie, I'm going to guess not.

----------

Point of interest 10. 
Quote from: Kiro 365
Setup speculation because a new idea occurred to me:

Alice attacked = Alice is a Doctor or a Bulletproof
Kanako investigates Alice as Town = Alice is Town or Godfather, and/or Kanako is not Sane/Lying Scum

All things considered, Alice being a Godfather with NK immunity is actually a distinct possibility and Mafia could have planned ahead anticipating a Town Cop investigation on Alice. It could also explain the lack of a Roleblocker or Hitman. All of this can be made more certain by Day 3.

Gut feeling: At least one of them is Town, if not both. Otherwise, you're going to tell me 2 Scum bluffed the 2 most common roleclaims in the game when threatened with a Lynch? That's pretty risky, especially with Kanako's claim. However, a Godfather with NK immunity can claim Doc rather easily. Also saying that the Doc has limited uses is an easy copout in not being able to protect in the future. That wasn't really necessary information for Alice to hand out as UK mentioned. The ball is in Alice's court to decide how to act tonight.
---

Reread:

Pesco presses Alice to L-3 over Kanako 6 hours before deadline due to deadline pressure. This is what Kilga would deem as the momentum shifting vote and it is something to note depending on possible future flips.

(...)
Pesco trying to play the setup: Lynchee/Lyncher as well as his early comment in #193 that umu pointed out is fluff. Refusal to give up on Alice after Alice's roleclaim is noted.
(...)
Quote from: A.Margatroid
How do we know this? All we know is that we have a cop, two docs (one of whom loses his power after doing a vig), and it is highly unlikely at this moment that scum has a roleblocker. Why do you think they necessarily must not have any other possible power roles?
Alice... how do you "know" we have a cop? Kanako could be lying. I detect possible minor scum tell. At the very least, your response is just agreeing with Rou that there are 2 Docs and a Cop, but not mentioning that Kanako could be lying stuck out to me. Because if you were a Scum Godfather, you would know that Kanako isn't lying anyways.
Quote from: Kiro 411
Rou's case on Nietz is interesting. I've had him as an unknown for awhile so the fact that he didn't mention Pesco going after wrathie is something when Pesco went after him at the start. Putting a vote on Donut later is finally putting money where his mouth is. I should note that both Alice and Nietz are ones who were ok with a Donut lynch but didn't actually take Donut from L-2 to L-1. I'm not really understanding their hesitancy, particularly Alice's.
Quote from: Kiro 440
Umu: I don't like Pesco's randomness in the game so far. I also don't agree with his wrathie case as much. I was initially going to say the following: "Pesco is likely scum unless it turns out Alice is actually Scum who lied on his roleclaim." Then I thought about it and figured it isn't that unlikely for Scum Pesco to try a bus on Scum Alice given they could have pre-planned a Doc roleclaim and he could resist it in the thread, but relent due to the expected unvotes. In other words, Pesco's alignment in regards to pursuing Alice is null regardless of how Alice flips. I will support a Pesco lynch if it comes down to it.

Pesco's recent post at #419 is playing it coy. "I'll drop it as long as the other guy stops asking," is wrong because Pesco himself was the one continually bringing it up as to how I read it. As if to prove that point, 2 paragraphs later, you bring up umu again as the possible lyncher. Also a bit unclear about your view on Nietz. I understand your view on wrathie and Donut and I don't really have any questions for you at the moment. However, you didn't win me over after that post so I still think you're an acceptable lynch for today. Will be waiting for your later posts.
This is Kiro's principal content, as far as I can see.  Kiro died after these posts, obviously, and as far as I can tell Kiro was the only person who had this particular set of views.  The only reasons I can think of for Kiro dying include
1) Randomness which is an Alice Margatroid specialty for kills
2) Being on the right track

-----------

Point of interest 11. 
Quote from: wrathie 369
Frankly, I didn't get a lot of strong feelings from Day 1. A lot of "can be, but maybe not" from mostly everyone that would really sound waffly if I listed.
Granted it might sound like wafflying but with your skill lvl you could probably bring it up. I would hate myself for letting anyone out of the radar now after the last game.
(...)
@pesco:
Not gonna dispute ur views on me being scummy due to my keyboard errors and such but that's Real life throwing me a wild card, so yea. Don't think there is a way to actually defend myself from that ;3
Quote from: wrathie 390
Ninja'd by Rou: oh hey man... yea, pesco been after me but seeing it was due to my technical difficulties and such i can't find a good way to defend and such... it's hard for anyone to defend me, even myself. If you could find a case I'll be quite surprised..
Have I mentioned recently how much I don't like the idea of wrathie in the endgame?
I can only hope that Pesco's scumflip genuinely took wrathie by surprise.

------------

Point of interest 12.
Quote from: Alice 412
Regarding Nietz, I don't think he's scum. His posts so far appear to indicate lazy town to me. He does need to post more, and with more opinions on people that are backed up with evidence, though.

Regarding pesco, Oh my LORD. Your post with actual content today is more-or-less fine, but everything past that...why the joke posts? Why do you keep pressing the lyncher/lynchee garbage despite everyone telling you to stop playing the goddamn setup and to start playing the goddamn game?
(...)
##Vote: pesco47 [(L-5)]
I'm not sure how much stock I place in this vote, considering
1) Alice is good for bussing useless partners ^.^
2) pesco basically quit this game, suggesting he may not have wanted to play in the first place
3) Alice hadn't mentioned pesco at all D2 up to that point... which is kind of strange considering me and Rou fought for Alice quite a bit at the end of D1.

-------------

Point of interest 13.  wrathie #510, his vote on Pesco.  Speaking quite frankly I don't claim to have a solid idea of how to read wrathie.  However, I'm going to *guess* that this is not a buspost.

--------------

Point of interest 14. 
Quote from: Affinity 511
I don't really like the case against [Pesco?]; none of the points against donut are particularly hard to see and Rou's accusation of him is actually a null tell due to the fact that it's all a matter of sequence regarding 'original points'.  The lynchee-lyncher argument is no better nor worse than Rou's blind accusation of Alice in day two, and should not be factored against him.  pesco's reactions however, strike me as very egocentric; all instances of which are already pointed out above.  Also, the fact that he has been defending himself all day without attempting to continue his case on wrathie or even evluate his posts more than balances out the shortcomings of the case against him.

Would like a claim.

##Unvote
##Vote: pesco47
I dislike this shoving off of the case on Pesco as seemingly invalid because there existed other cases you liked better.  I don't know if this is your way of being edgy and different or if you're trying to explain why you didn't attack Pesco earlier.  Given your play up until this point, I'm guessing the former.

---------------

Point of interest 15.  wrathie RPing with Pesco.
This is the part where I flame wrathie mercilessly.  Please envision the pissy wrath of u? going on for about two paragraphs in this space while I move on to the next point.

----------------

Point of interest 16.  Alice Margatroid 616.  It looks like a decent post, or at least not one I would connect with bussing a scumpartner... I think.  Alice proceeds to own wrathie at existence in the next two posts.

-----------------

Point of interest 17.  Affinity 623, wherein he recycles reasons for voting Nietz and then does - even though he references one of Alice's posts where he DOESN'T vote Nietz for the express purpose of preventing a self-hammer (which of course happens soon afterward).

------------------

Point of interest 18.  Affinity 737, wherein the UK wagon is denied because Affinity votes for wrathie.  On the same page as a vote count.  There are only two reasons I can think of for Affinity doing this.
1) Temporary retardation
2) Preventing the UK lynch (which from a tactical perspective would not be a bad idea, since at least two people on the Zakeri wagon really didn't like being there, thus Zakeri would not have been so convenient a lynch for the next day)

Affinity's explanation for this is garbage as well.
Quote from: Affinity 768
Am sorry for the sudden unvote near the deadline yesterday; Zakeri suddenly started offering everything I wanted to see, and I thought enough people would be available for a switch to wrathie.
FOUR OTHER PEOPLE?  Especially when the two that were actually around were talking about trying to get enough people online to swing to UK, NOT wrathie.
There is scum motivation for this - forcing an unpopular Zakeri lynch while making UK the leading lynch the next day.  Two for the price of one!

-------------------

Point of interest 19.  Me 780, where I "hint" that Alice should fullclaim.  Of course, he doesn't, and when questioned about it says that he did it D1 or D2 (he didn't).  Way to secure the trust, Alice.

--------------------

Point of interest 20. 
Quote from: Alice 816
I've not heard of NK-immune GFs in non-factions games, for one thing.
There IS a one-shot vig in this game.  Whether that would be enough to warrant NK immunity on a Godfather... that IS stretching a bit.

---------------------

Point of interest 21.  Two things that are still bothering me are what Pesco PMd Kilga about D2, and why Nietz said this game was silly D3.  About twenty minutes after Pesco said he wanted to PM Kilga, he started RPing with wrathie and claimed scum.  Was he PMing Kilga about claiming scum, or outing his partner?

----------------------

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookay.

I believe that whoever is scum came in today expecting wrathie to be the easy lynch.  Unfortunately, this doesn't narrow down the list of suspects at all (even wrathie isn't excepted by this criterion).

What bothers me about making a decision is that two of you are Town, because I really want to just push all of you off a bridge and be done with it.

Affinity - My top choice for scum.  Few interactions with Pesco and Nietz that weren't already established.  Admitted to following the "popular stance"(s) in a previous defense.  Permitted Nietz to self-hammer D3.  Prevented the popular UK lynch D4.  General absence.

Alice Margatroid - Doc claim doesn't add up in about six or seven different ways.  Doc claim not adding up doesn't add up in about six or seven different ways.  I don't think this is the right lynch for today.

wrathie - Doesn't add up in about sixteen or seventeen different ways, not all of which are scummy.  Is bringing out my sarcastic and condescending side, which I really don't like (after the fact).  I don't know what to make of him.

Let's get this over with.

##Push off a bridge:  Alice Margatroid
##Push off a bridge:  wrathie
##Vote:  Affinity
(L-2)
##THEN Push off a bridge:  Affinity

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #323 on: May 06, 2009, 09:49:47 PM »
Yes, I agree that what I presented is a little weak due to the fact that I didn't point out anything you said in your posts to support my case.  But, well, pesco's actions still do stand (e.g I don't see what he was wanting to do too anyway).  As for the NK WIFOM part and the setup speculation, one possible answer to your question about why scum-you would not want to NK the cop immediately is because doing so would make your cover as doc unconvincing.
My point regarding pesco's actions were that they were all so goddamn bizarre that I'm not sure if they're particularly useful for anything. Going back to NK WIFOM for a bit, wouldn't the risk of getting either another confirmed Townie or worse, a scum result (which is, incidentally, what happened) be too great to risk it? It doesn't make much sense.

You can't turn my proposition on it's side because there is a difference between being scum masquerading as a doc and scum trying to play with a townie doc around; thus I see it as slightly better than WIFOM since one side is favoured more than the other.
Huh? How so?

Interestingly, and non-game-relatedly, wrathie seems to be cleared by flavour.  Just an observation though, and does't have any bearing on the game.
You know, it would be nice if you provide some reasoning behind statements like these. As an aside, if it's non-game-related (and moreover, what do you mean by a "clear" of a "player" being "non-game-related"?), why mention it at all?

Will reread properly and finally post sometime later today, I would have done it by now but I felt really horribly yesterday for some reason.

Ninja by umu: Interesting. Will, again, respond in a bit.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #324 on: May 07, 2009, 03:51:06 AM »
In the middle of posting a giant wall, but I really want something cleared up ASAP as it is disturbing me a lot:
Quote from: Affinity 511
I don't really like the case against [Pesco? -- Yes, it has to be Pesco, see the reference later]; none of the points against donut are particularly hard to see and Rou's accusation of him is actually a null tell due to the fact that it's all a matter of sequence regarding 'original points'.  The lynchee-lyncher argument is no better nor worse than Rou's blind accusation of Alice in day two, and should not be factored against him.  pesco's reactions however, strike me as very egocentric; all instances of which are already pointed out above.  Also, the fact that he has been defending himself all day without attempting to continue his case on wrathie or even evluate his posts more than balances out the shortcomings of the case against him.

Would like a claim.

##Unvote
##Vote: pesco47
What I don't like about this post: not only do we have the issue that just because someone else is being voted over your primary case that that's not immediately bad, but:
A) Why shouldn't pesco's lyncher/lynchee nonsense be factored against him? It's horrid setup speculation. This differs from Rou in the sense that not only did some people hold it against Rou, but Rou dropped it after he was told that it was pointless. Pesco did not and just kept carrying on.
B) Much of the case on pesco was him being useless and, other than the case on wrathie, not providing much useful information. Basically Active Lurking with a side of nonsense. So how does agreeing with the case balance out with the fact that you...think the case is full of shortcomings?
C) You shoot down Rou, but other than that you don't actually point out any of the shortcomings regarding the case against pesco, which is rather disconcerting.
D) Lastly, there's just something about this post that disturbs me. It has a feel of a last-minute wagon jump to me.

Quite honestly, I'm fairly surprised I managed to overlook this post. It even feels slightly out-of-place among Affinity's other posts.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #325 on: May 07, 2009, 04:55:22 AM »
FOUR OTHER PEOPLE?  Especially when the two that were actually around were talking about trying to get enough people online to swing to UK, NOT wrathie.
There is scum motivation for this - forcing an unpopular Zakeri lynch while making UK the leading lynch the next day.  Two for the price of one!

Quote from: Edible
... I wonder if we have enough votes to last-minute-zerg wrathie.

I'd prefer a UK lynch, but I'd take wrathie over Zakeri.

Very Keine of you. I don't see what is wrong with a last minute switch since Zakeri and you and Edible were online not long before the deadline.  Also, I did not support a UK-switch at that time. 

---

Seeing that the entirety of u-mu's case on me consists of "I don't like this" or "Either slippery or scummy", I find that much of the wall of text cited above is unnecessary and rather trivial.  Only other point of note and the only real content present in the above post is my interactions with Nietz or pesco, which is definitely to be noted and something I have to answer to, but other than that, no, puffer fishies aren't very imposing when you notice their shortcomings.

And yes, I think the case against pesco had a few shortcomings to them.  Rou was engaging in horrid setup speculation and Alice was the victim; pesco was engaging in horrid setup speculation and u-mu was the victim.  Looking at these two ceteris peribus, there is no difference.  The reason why pesco was scummy was because he dropped it in the worst and scummiest way possible; and to be honest, even if he were to drop it, I wouldn't call him scummy for that, because he did, after all, provide an okay case on wrathie, something a myriad of other players such as Kanako, donut, and wrathie did not do.  His fault came in not continually pushing it in day two.  But before those events I saw not why people were pushing him instead of donut and others for the exact same reasons.

As for Nietz, it was really a free day in some respects and I felt that minimal reasoning was okay.  Copy and pasting in this regard is okay and not always scummy.

---

Huh? How so?

I said lots of stuff about what would scum do if you were doc.  You say that this lots of stuff applies to you equally if you were scum, but this is not true because there is no longer a doc.

e.g

Scum-Alice could not have targeted Kanako on day one because his doc claim wouldn't hold.

But this reason wouldn't hold if someone else was scum because there would be a doc on their hands and things would be radically different.  In this case, yes, why would scum attack the doc instead of the cop, and suddenly go around to attack the cop when there was equal chance on day one and three of a cop protect?  The WIFOM games here favor you slightly for scum in my opinion.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #326 on: May 07, 2009, 04:58:11 AM »
EBWOP:

To elaborate on my Nietz point, there is a common theme that paraphrasing reasons already hanging in the air isn't necessarily scummy if all there is to be said has already been said.  Of course, something original will always be preferable, but in this case, I don't think it was necessary, since Nietz was obv-scum then.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #327 on: May 07, 2009, 06:08:11 AM »
Let's Play Danmaku Detective Game! Vote Count

wrathie (0): wrathie
Affinity (1): Youmu

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. You have >117 hours remaining.

Town is in LYLO.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 01:36:16 PM by Kilgamayan »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #328 on: May 07, 2009, 01:24:53 PM »
I don't see what is wrong with a last minute switch since Zakeri and you and Edible were online not long before the deadline.  Also, I did not support a UK-switch at that time.
That's *two* other people.  Not four.  And considering neither of US supported a Zakeri lynch, and you essentially forced it to be, your "I did not support a UK-switch at that time" seems selfish at best.

Seeing that the entirety of u-mu's case on me consists of "I don't like this" or "Either slippery or scummy", I find that much of the wall of text cited above is unnecessary and rather trivial.
Do I really have to get a translator for you and say I FIND THIS SCUMMY every time I say that I don't like something?  It's not like I say "I don't like something" because I hate you on a personal level or wish to critique your playstyle so you can be less suspicious in future games.

And yes, I think the case against pesco had a few shortcomings to them.  Rou was engaging in horrid setup speculation and Alice was the victim; pesco was engaging in horrid setup speculation and u-mu was the victim.  Looking at these two ceteris peribus, there is no difference.
And you're conveniently leaving out the last line of your reasoning:
"And because there is no difference, neither is scummy."  Read it again.
The lynchee-lyncher argument is no better nor worse than Rou's blind accusation of Alice in day two, and should not be factored against him.
Which is utter garbage.  At least Rou had a basis for his accusation against Alice that was slightly plausible.  Pesco was just trying to cover his white fluffy tail with pointless setup speculation.

His fault came in not continually pushing it in day two.  But before those events I saw not why people were pushing him instead of donut and others for the exact same reasons.
Really.
Do continue with this line of thought, with regards to
*who was pushing pesco (and not donut/others) and why
*who other than donut there was to push
*how these reasons were the "exact same" (or rather, how pesco and donut/others were different)

As for Nietz, it was really a free day in some respects and I felt that minimal reasoning was okay.  Copy and pasting in this regard is okay and not always scummy.
You conveniently leave out that you allowed Nietz to self-hammer instead of allowing the day to go BEYOND copy/paste reasoning.

So very comfortable with my vote.~

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #329 on: May 07, 2009, 02:38:05 PM »
@u-mu

That's *two* other people.  Not four.  And considering neither of US supported a Zakeri lynch, and you essentially forced it to be, your "I did not support a UK-switch at that time" seems selfish at best.

You missed out UK.  That's four.  Furthermore, your post.

Quote from: umu's opinionpost
Nietz 166 also warned against wrathie being in the endgame, which definitely seems like he likes the idea of lynching him eventually.  This also suggests that wrathie is more likely Town (though I'm still not sure about letting wrathie in the endgame).

Logically, this gives some kind of pretext for a wrathie vote, doesn't it?  You never did say that you were explcitly against a wrathie vote then after all, though you highlighted him blue, you gave me enough reason to believe that you were fine with one.

Do I really have to get a translator for you and say I FIND THIS SCUMMY every time I say that I don't like something?  It's not like I say "I don't like something" because I hate you on a personal level or wish to critique your playstyle so you can be less suspicious in future games.

That was not my point, however you misrepresent it.  My point is that there is a lack of reasoning, rendering those points totally null and void and not worth considering or even stating on any grounds.  Helium is not content.

And you're conveniently leaving out the last line of your reasoning:
"And because there is no difference, neither is scummy."  Read it again.

Which is my point?  I don't see yours; ceteris peribus is when you consider that point only without considering anything else.

Which is utter garbage.  At least Rou had a basis for his accusation against Alice that was slightly plausible.  Pesco was just trying to cover his white fluffy tail with pointless setup speculation.

I disagree.  Tell me how Rou is different in 'pointless setup speculation'; 'slightly plausible' doesn't cut it because it so stupidly ambiguous and rather throwaway.  The idea of gut feelings with less than good reasoning being automatically considered as scummy is present here, and the situations are actually similar.

---

Do continue with this line of thought, with regards to
*who was pushing pesco (and not donut/others) and why
*who other than donut there was to push
*how these reasons were the "exact same" (or rather, how pesco and donut/others were different)

Don't understand why you're asking these questions.  You said it yourself; pesco was useless except for the case of wrathie, and the lynchee-lyncher argument, which I find inadequate and shouldn't even be considered.  People were pushing donut because he was whining and useless as well, not to mention pushing a case on Roukanken, which actually adds to his case more so than pesco's; similar reasons with one side clearly stronger (in my view) than the other. 

The first two points you have put are completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand; all that matters is that there were people pushing pesco in day one for, and that there was donut and S.P present who were more deserving of a vote that he was.

You conveniently leave out that you allowed Nietz to self-hammer instead of allowing the day to go BEYOND copy/paste reasoning.

whut.  If Nietz wants to self-hammer, he wants to self-hammer, and I can do nothing to affect that decision.  Certainly not with blunt pencils, as you are doing now.  Don't see why you're blaming me for it; attacking my reasons is fine enough, but my vote itself?  Right.

---

Other than bad reasoning, let's see what umu has done all game.  First of all, I want you to answer this question posed by Alice; e.g why did you peg wrathie as town?

This post is of questionable merit as pointed out by Alice, ignoring 161 almost completely and overlooking people like Kanako or Sodium Peroxide or donut.  Scum-like clairvoyance is present; at the very least, a tinge of pesco-meta usage.  Almost like a predetermined bus,

Lastly, very minimal questioning of pesco and no clear progression of thought processes on this page before declaration of him being obvscum; e.g jumping to the lyncher thingy on post 201 before going on with the Alice tangent; as if you were waiting for a mistake to happen before knowing what to jump on.  It's something worth pointing out, I guess; nothing really seems to add up in the span of post 157 to 201. 

He also cites reasons like ' hey, only one serious post', without any evaluation of the content present in that post.  For these reasons, as well as very fluid opinions on UK (e.g UK being confirmed town by rather superficial reasons to "oh gosh I read Edible's and Zak's posts and she's scum), I think I have enough reasons for a vote.

##Vote: umu