Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 5F  (Read 233510 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 5F
« Reply #600 on: August 17, 2010, 10:16:49 PM »
Why has nobody done this to add, say, Mima or Shinki?  All things considered, the spell names sound like something a final boss would have.

Fudge up the names of the CharaGraph, pack it up and let people get confused ftw :V

« Reply #601 on: August 17, 2010, 11:13:16 PM »
Ouch. While I've had some difficulties with some of the Ver. 2 and Bloodstained Seal bosses prior, none of it was really that major...that is, until I got to the Dual Hibachis. I only managed to get about 400-500k dmg done to both as I was being ripped to shreds, left with only my "tankish" types. It seemed to me that my survival simply relied on the luck of the draw with the attacks they chose to use...

I guess what I'm saying is, do you all have any advice for me to help me beat the Dual Hibachis? Here's my stat line:
Reimu LVL 162
Spoiler:
Meiling, 18F, Ran, Reimu, Aya, Patchy, Alice, Flandre, Youmu, Iku, Suwako, Sanae
Would bringing in Kaguya for this battle a good idea to take advantage of Hourai Barrage's ability to damage both Hibachis?
Any advice is welcome!

Thanks!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #602 on: August 18, 2010, 12:14:07 AM »
Being able to damage both is nice but it shouldn't really influence the fight heavily IMO. Just be aware that they cast needle parade every 5 turns (or was it 7? Whatever it's very predictable). So make sure you have people like Marisa or patchy hiding somewhere safe beforehand. It's also important to try and damage them fairly evenly until about 800k damage each, then buff up as much as you can and kill one, then burst the other as fast as possible. If you do more than 1million to either, dual funeral washing machine is unlocked on a similar rotation as needle parade, and it is probably a guaranteed game over. So make sure the second one you finish is the element that you have better dps against.

I honestly don't worry about counting hp so much. I just focus on the predictable needle parades, and playing more aggressively once I notice they are in berserk mode (when they always spam stronger spells like ether flare).

« Reply #603 on: August 18, 2010, 01:12:50 AM »
ATK Komachi was here, HP Komachi is a loser.

« Reply #604 on: August 18, 2010, 01:39:55 AM »
Ouch. While I've had some difficulties with some of the Ver. 2 and Bloodstained Seal bosses prior, none of it was really that major...that is, until I got to the Dual Hibachis. I only managed to get about 400-500k dmg done to both as I was being ripped to shreds, left with only my "tankish" types. It seemed to me that my survival simply relied on the luck of the draw with the attacks they chose to use...

I guess what I'm saying is, do you all have any advice for me to help me beat the Dual Hibachis? Here's my stat line:
Reimu LVL 162
Spoiler:
Meiling, 18F, Ran, Reimu, Aya, Patchy, Alice, Flandre, Youmu, Iku, Suwako, Sanae
Would bringing in Kaguya for this battle a good idea to take advantage of Hourai Barrage's ability to damage both Hibachis?
Any advice is welcome!

Thanks!

It looks like you have a lot more physical nukers than mag nukers in your line up.
Kaguya speeds up the battle a great deal, and with her I was able to do it underleveled.

The most important thing to know about the battle: after dealing 1m damage to either Hibachi, on its next turn it'll drop its hp down to 1, and after 4 turns it'll proceed into Berserk mode, which will likely destroy your party. If you happen to deal over 1m to both Hibachi at the same time, the one who gets its turn first will go to 1 hp. Killing either Hibachi will send the other into Berserk mode as well.

Kaguya's ability to hit both Hibachi greatly helps manipulate dealing with both of them. Ideally you sink the one that you can do less damage to (in your case probably the physical hibachi) over 1m (with Kaguya, you can evenly damage both of them, and tip one over 1m). After that, nuke the second one out with your physical attackers, then kill the original one with just one attack (as it'll still be sitting with 1 hp).  Then, all you need is to kill the other HIbachi within 4 turns. (again, if you used Kaguya, you'll only have to do about 500k damage, and you can also kill both Hibachi in one spell)

If you do something like 18f 16f (nuker) Kaguya, you can use World Shaking Military rule, nuke twice, refresh with 16f, swap 16 in and out with 18 and nuker and then use 16f's refresh one last time, provided your party can withstand an attack from both hibachis. 4 Hourai Barrages will probably be enough to send one into critical if you have a mag Kaguya, and a 5th can kill both depending on Kaguya's level.

If you don't choose to use 16f (as I see she's not on your lineup), you'll probably need some more levels as you won't be able to Hourai Barrage quite as quickly. If the attacks are dealing too much damage before they go Berserk then leveling some more is probably your best option.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:46:08 AM by Panda NEETori »

« Reply #605 on: August 18, 2010, 02:16:44 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys. I generally do understand the basic strategy behind the fights before I give them a shot though, thanks to the wiki. That being said though, I didn't realize the power attacks were on a rotation, which a look at the translated database informed me of specifically. So big thanks for that.  :derp:

I figure I could probably do it with 16F in the lineup, I just like getting a fairly consistent 12 person lineup and dealing with the occasional issues that crop up, although I do occasionally switch it up. I think I'll do much better now regardless, I'm going to give it one more try with my general party before I start bringing in specific problem-solvers (Kaguya and 16F, I'm looking at you!). Since I went ahead and cleared  a bunch of trash and fully explored what I could in 21F, I've gained a few levels, so we'll see how I fare now.

But yeah, the 16F strategy you mentioned is exactly what Para demonstrated in his Bloody Papa video, IIRC, where he beats it despite being underleveled by abusing that move. I might just consider bringing in 16F to my permanent party at some point, considering my love of fragile nukers and the fun she might be able to bring to them.  :V

Anyways, thanks again. Time to give it another go around...

EDIT: Gah, I keep dying. I don't really want to use 16F (although I have Kaguya now...), but these guys still just keep tearing me to shreds too quickly for me to fight it. The biggest thing that hurts is that I can't get any serious buffs up before one or both of Ran/Reimu get sniped. Part of the problem is I'm forced into a cycle of healing w/Reimu or else other guys die, and if I choose to buff instead I always end up losing someone critical before they can be rejuvenated. Urgh.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:34:56 AM by FantomFang »

« Reply #606 on: August 18, 2010, 03:52:42 AM »
EDIT: Gah, I keep dying. I don't really want to use 16F (although I have Kaguya now...), but these guys still just keep tearing me to shreds too quickly for me to fight it. The biggest thing that hurts is that I can't get any serious buffs up before one or both of Ran/Reimu get sniped. Part of the problem is I'm forced into a cycle of healing w/Reimu or else other guys die, and if I choose to buff instead I always end up losing someone critical before they can be rejuvenated. Urgh.
That's the problem I've been having against 18F on my first file.  I'd say "level moar", but going from Reimu 90 to Reimu 103 hasn't changed a thing for me.

« Reply #607 on: August 18, 2010, 03:55:36 AM »
That's the problem I've been having against 18F on my first file.  I'd say "level moar", but going from Reimu 90 to Reimu 103 hasn't changed a thing for me.

Heh, I can understand that. When I beat 18F I got a good set of attacks in the first form, which made the rest of the battle easy as I was able to properly buff up before the boss broke out more powerful moves. I might just keep exploring more of the Plus Disk (on 22F now) rather than grind or anything though.

« Reply #608 on: August 18, 2010, 03:58:33 AM »
To be honest, because I did it pretty underleveled (I hadn't begun clearing 21f yet) I had very similar problems. Only my main tank team (18f 16f Reimu Ran) could actually handle the attacks, provided they had buffs up (you can use 18f's megabuff for your defensive team if you can't get Reimu's barrier up quick enough). The other major problem I had experienced was being outsped.
Incidentally, almost all the very dangerous attacks are Row Targeted. I don't know if that'd help you at all, but I thought it was interesting.

« Reply #609 on: August 18, 2010, 04:02:35 AM »
Yeah, I do seem to realize they're row targeted, but surviving to get buffs up generally means I lose Offtanks  :V
Anyways, it's not really a big deal to wait. I don't think I need the 5th star for a decent bit, do I?

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #610 on: August 18, 2010, 04:15:11 AM »
Don't think you need the 5th star until 27F, but I can't quite remember. No hurry to beat them.

Remember that Needle Parade and Dual Funeral Washing Machine are the two most powerful attacks they use, but the former is physical while the latter is composite, so Hibachi #2 tends to be a bit weaker than Hibachi #1. When I took on the Ver.2 of the duo, I was able to tank Hibachi #2 for over a dozen attacks because of this. Hibachi #1 tends to OHKO more often with its attacks, but it has fewer multi-target and more row and single-target attacks. If you're lucky, you might be able to kill it if it keeps sniping just one person per turn. However, once it gets to Needle Parade, you'll have a much harder time surviving, especially since its ATK increases considerably when berserked. Hibachi #2's Needle Parade never gets any stronger when berserked, thankfully.

« Reply #611 on: August 18, 2010, 04:57:10 AM »
Hey, the sound didn't desync this time.

Also 18F is an amazing tank.  And those related videos suck, fuck you Youtube.

For some reason it's hiding 360 and 480 from me too :C  240 looks like crap and the HDs take forever to load, boo.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 05:00:01 AM by Esoterica »

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #612 on: August 18, 2010, 07:43:37 AM »

Also 18F is an amazing tank.  And those related videos suck, fuck you Youtube.

For some reason it's hiding 360 and 480 from me too :C  240 looks like crap and the HDs take forever to load, boo.
240 through 1080p are available for me, and 720p is streaming just fine (I can't get faster than 3 Mbit DSL here so I usually pause 1080p videos to let them buffer a bit, but that varies from video to video).
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #613 on: August 18, 2010, 09:33:04 AM »
So I made this Youmu because I didn't like the one in Nightfall's set.

Mediafire link

EDIT: Marisa ver

Mediafire link
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:44:19 AM by spookedmoose »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #614 on: August 18, 2010, 03:08:55 PM »
Neon Genesis? I swear, those suits look like they are from Neon Genesis.

« Reply #615 on: August 18, 2010, 04:51:45 PM »
Touhou Meikai Kenshi Yoyomu 4

I guess it's a touhou parody OP of "Makai Tenshi Djibril 4", which looks like an H game or something. The vid was on walfas, and when I saw the picture on the artist's pixiv, I knew I had to make a Youmu. She just looks so goofy!, and talk about a touhou girl who needs to take it easy...

« Reply #616 on: August 18, 2010, 04:57:06 PM »
First time i've seen youmu look that goofy ever!
but where is myon :(

« Reply #617 on: August 18, 2010, 05:02:32 PM »
Her hair clip is a tiny little myon! So cute.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #618 on: August 18, 2010, 08:14:36 PM »
Got to Eiki, still no grinding, just about killed her but she focused too early.

Seriously, +disk doesn't seem to be much of a grindfest at all anymore, my respect for this game has actually grown.

I just wish the new music in special disk wasn't pretty inferior in every area.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #619 on: August 18, 2010, 08:21:13 PM »

I can't quite make out who one of your party members is when you go to switch out Patchy, Kaguya?

« Reply #620 on: August 18, 2010, 09:04:37 PM »
I can't quite make out who one of your party members is when you go to switch out Patchy, Kaguya?

Looks like Alphes style Renko

Also I finished the plugsuit Reimu but I'm not as happy about it as the other two. Black hair on black background, Youmu's ribbon, the pose, and her giant freakin bow made it difficult to keep her sized correctly while still showing off her, uh, "assets."

I made a horizontal flip so she looks better in battle/conversations but it's not that great for the Gensokyo hub.

Mediafire link

« Reply #621 on: August 18, 2010, 09:58:54 PM »
If you're talking about the one on the left that I never used, it's Aya.

In future battles I'll probably at least use her to buff Sanae's speed at the start; I only remembered to give 18F a Love Machine as far as planning out party changes for this fight went.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:35:06 PM by Esoterica »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #622 on: August 19, 2010, 12:01:28 AM »
Reimu's "assets" are her armpits though...

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #623 on: August 19, 2010, 12:45:31 AM »
Managed to take out
Spoiler:
Tenshi
with Reimu at 49.  I tried it a few levels before then (no NTR stacking) and things didn't go so well.

It took a few tries for Thunder Drum Shot's debuff to actually stick, but MVPs for the fight were
Spoiler:
Iku
Spoiler:
Nitori
, and
Spoiler:
Suwako
.  She didn't get to do anything after the first Focus other than to re-Focus again, but otherwise stayed PAR locked and I never had to deal with Violent Motherland  :V  I guess I got off easy later in the fight, in the beginning PAR wasn't wanting to stick to her either.

Did
Spoiler:
Sanae's
Foe a little before that, and I got the impression I could have probably beat it a good bit earlier.  I did start concentrating my skillpoints more instead of spreading them out among everyone which had a noticeable improvement for some characters (especially Meiling).  I lost one character to stupidity (thought I healed her before switching out, brought her in to a Flowing Hellfire with insufficient health to live through it), the other was a sacrifice to the opener (Sorry, Chen).
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #624 on: August 19, 2010, 05:00:34 AM »
Well, I cleared up through Floor 23 now, getting to Reimu 181 in the process. I think I should be able to beat the hibachis now  :V
What level should I shoot for to fight the Final Boss ver. 2 at?

EDIT: Beat the dual Hibachis, finally. Wasn't too bad, although I didn't keep a good idea of their health in mind so got caught by surprise by the berserk. Up to Reimu 182, which I don't think is enough for any of the next bosses (sigil guardians, final boss ver.2) yet. Guess I'll continue exploring the floors, on to 24!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 07:21:01 AM by FantomFang »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #625 on: August 19, 2010, 03:16:09 PM »
Looks like Alphes style Renko

No, Renko is rather obvious and has brown hair, not that pitch black :V

If you're talking about the one on the left that I never used, it's Aya.

Ooooh, ok. Also, who is 18Fs pic replaced with in that vid? Lily Black?

« Reply #626 on: August 19, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »
No, Renko is rather obvious and has brown hair, not that pitch black :V

Ooooh, ok. Also, who is 18Fs pic replaced with in that vid? Lily Black?
Indeed.

« Reply #627 on: August 19, 2010, 06:09:47 PM »
Well, I've been exploring 24F (and yikes, there was a bit of a difficulty spike in the randoms here) and I accidently bumped into the Flame Tyrant. And Ha ha, old chap!, he's as easy as I've heard when he's PAR-locked. He got off an opening attack and nothing more, as Suwako/Reimu kept him locked down the entire battle while Patchy (and her unending SP) + Youmu killed him slowly but surely. Woo for winning at Reimu 184.

EDIT: Does anyone know what areas, if any, he unlocked on Floors 21-24, since I know I had a few areas there blocked off by sigils...

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #628 on: August 19, 2010, 06:54:34 PM »
Well, I've been exploring 24F (and yikes, there was a bit of a difficulty spike in the randoms here) and I accidently bumped into the Flame Tyrant. And Ha ha, old chap!, he's as easy as I've heard when he's PAR-locked. He got off an opening attack and nothing more, as Suwako/Reimu kept him locked down the entire battle while Patchy (and her unending SP) + Youmu killed him slowly but surely. Woo for winning at Reimu 184.

EDIT: Does anyone know what areas, if any, he unlocked on Floors 21-24, since I know I had a few areas there blocked off by sigils...

one of the sigils on floor 21 by the entrance. Which leads to a bloodstained seal boss v2..Which is way beyond anything you'll ever be able to handle until way after you defeat ALL the sigil guardians..so no need to worry about it.

I THINK it also unlocks one of the ones southeast in floor 22 as well. one of them requires the sigil guardian on floor 25, the other requires one from another one I forget. one leads to a flower to unlock the floor 25 optional (who is also harder than all the sigil guardians, though not by nearly as much as the bloodstained seal is), and the other one leads to some chests including skillpoints, and an arturos gem (though the chest itself says "king arthur").

« Reply #629 on: August 19, 2010, 07:20:57 PM »
Turned out it was the one leading to the last of the 3 items I needed to fight
Spoiler:
Yuka
and recruit her.
Btw, is 190 looking good enough enough for the Final Boss ver. 2? Is she easier or harder than the other sigil guardians?