Author Topic: Touhou 12.8: The Great Fairy Wars ~ Touhou Three Fairies  (Read 168145 times)

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
Re: Touhou 12.8: The Great Fairy Wars ~ Touhou Three Fairies
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2010, 08:12:53 PM »
Ya know....I wonder if like DS we get a new touhou character added to the game. As Hatate was for DS maybe we'll get a new fairy to add to our roster of fairies. If Cirno's going to war with the 3 fairies, maybe a new fairy aids Cirno. Or the 3 fairies enlisted the help of a new fairy Cirno must battle. Or a random 3 party fairy declares war on them BOTH hahah
I hope we get a new character then ^_^
I mean almost every game we get one. save for StB and Hisoutensoku (new playable characters there but not brand new characters)
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2010, 08:17:55 PM »
Hisoutensoku (new playable characters there but not brand new characters)

Giant Catfish

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2010, 08:20:09 PM »
Namazu for final boss of Touhou 12.8.

You heard it from me, folks.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2010, 08:26:54 PM »
Giant Catfish

oh right forgot about that dam fish hhah
sweet proves my point even further haha only StB didn't have new characters so i hope this fairy war will have a new character or so. need more elemental fairies if you ask me. heh.

But we'll see. it might not have any new chars but i'd hope if it does.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2010, 08:28:26 PM »
Ya know....I wonder if like DS we get a new touhou character added to the game. As Hatate was for DS maybe we'll get a new fairy to add to our roster of fairies. If Cirno's going to war with the 3 fairies, maybe a new fairy aids Cirno. Or the 3 fairies enlisted the help of a new fairy Cirno must battle. Or a random 3 party fairy declares war on them BOTH hahah
Oh hell's bells, I completely forgot there might be a new character. Nothing good could possibly come from Cirno getting a Hatate-esque rival.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2010, 08:31:34 PM »
Oh hell's bells, I completely forgot there might be a new character. Nothing good could possibly come from Cirno getting a Hatate-esque rival.
Cirno vs Mai.

Cirno as the sympathetic, naive child, Mai as the smug bitch that feels as if she was above everybody and everything else.

Victory would be sweet, I tell you.  :3

And beating Mai unlocks the Ex stage were you have to battle Yuki, who has gimmicks that make her bullets more difficult to freeze somehow.

[/inane speculation]

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2010, 08:35:33 PM »
Spoiler:
It's Mima
I CAN FEEL IT IN MY BONES

« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2010, 08:36:13 PM »
coolbeans

Looks like it'll have "stages" too, not just boss fights or spell cards like StB/DS. Neato.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2010, 08:52:47 PM »
So, after Hisoutensoku trolled Cirno, we are gonna meet the real Daidarabochi now, right? right?

Well, for real now. I for one am happy about this. I always liked the three fariys and wondered when they'd show some danmaku. Cirnos freeze gimmik looks intresting and all in all, we'll hopefully get new musik with the game, wich is always a plus.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2010, 09:02:12 PM »
Well, this was unexpected. both that a Touhou game is coming out at C78, and that its a Cirno/Three Fairies's-centric shooter of all things.

I'm not gonna make any judgements until I get my hands on it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 01:34:36 AM by Doomsday93 »

BeyPok?Dig

• Eajy modo player
  • Shou puts both "laser" and "shou" in lasershow.
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2010, 09:19:40 PM »
Well, i can't say that i didn't expect this :P. When i saw that what i expected to be named Touhou 12.5 is named 12.3, i immediately thought "Oh, that means the next game will be Touhou 12.6!" and then i realised that it could also be Touhou 12.7, if ZUN rounded 12.666 correctly. So when i saw that it is named Touhou 12.5, i thought "Well, either ZUN fails at dividing by three, naming games, both, or the next game will be Touhou 12.7 or 12.8". Since Touhou 12.25 was rounded to Touhou 12.3, i expected Touhou 12.75 to be rounded to 12.8. And i was right!  :)

Also, i hope Daiyousei will be playable like Hatate in <spoiler><spoiler>12.5</spoiler></spoiler> and get an official name that actually is a name and not her description. Also her theme music. (HATATE BETTER GET HER THEME MUSIC ASAP)

By the way, who else thinks that the next Touhou will be named Touhou 14?  :]
Why so nanoka?
Kaguya vs. Mokou

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2010, 10:13:10 PM »
By the way, who else thinks that the next Touhou will be named Touhou 14?  :]

Are the Japanese superstitious with  numbers? I know many asian cultures are but I have no clue if the Japanese are included.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »
if anything, he would've skipped Touhou 4.

...Or touhou 108.  :V

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2010, 11:00:02 PM »
When i saw the thread title I was like
O look some kind of stupid ass joke.
And then
I click
Then I went
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS WTF!?!?!?
Mind.
Blown.
if this game comes out on 09/09/10 OH Ha ha, old chap!
 EDIT: NOT GOING TO HAPPEN
I should reed wiki moar
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 11:33:34 AM by GenericClipdeath »

BeyPok?Dig

• Eajy modo player
  • Shou puts both "laser" and "shou" in lasershow.
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2010, 11:02:47 PM »
He could skip it to troll everyone. I would do that to my fanbase if they were discussing my "next" game for three games.

TH12.3: I can't wait for TH13!
TH12.5: WTF? Why no 13? I don't want to wait anymore >:(
TH12.8: HF KALFH LIAUHAFKJ H MIMA BETTER BE BACK IN 13 WE DESERVE IT FOR WAITING SO LONG
TH14: W00T, he finally announced the next game on his blog, i can't wait for... ???
*Since there are 2 games per number on average (X->X+1 or X->X.5->X+1), and there were 4 numbers after 11, that means we are at Touhou 14! TOUHOU 14 COMING SOON*
  :colonveeplusalpha:
Why so nanoka?
Kaguya vs. Mokou

« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2010, 11:08:15 PM »
...I...did not expect this.

But I am ecstatic nonetheless. It'll be interesting to see a game with Cirno as the main character.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2010, 11:26:55 PM »
AchiCirno as Cirno's rival... eh unlikely.

I still believe that ZUN makes games on a whim. It's hot in this summer, so he made a "cool" game. And Cirno is "cool" too, so it worked.

« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2010, 11:29:31 PM »
I still believe that ZUN makes games on a whim. It's hot in this summer, so he made a "cool" game.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2010, 11:45:03 PM »
Does that include the time she found the table? >_>

What table?  o-o

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Formless God

« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2010, 11:48:49 PM »
But Japan this year was like a refrigerator :ohdear:

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2010, 12:03:04 AM »
But Japan this year was like a refrigerator :ohdear:

ZUN said on his twitter that it was so hot where he was that he couldn't even drink beer. D:
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2010, 12:03:46 AM »
What table?  o-o

This one:

[nsfw]http://tengukami.blogspot.com/2009/11/down-on-corner.html[/nsfw]

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2010, 12:17:00 AM »
This one:

[nsfw]http://tengukami.blogspot.com/2009/11/down-on-corner.html[/nsfw]
Might as well throw this here too

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2010, 12:21:31 AM »
This looks very interesting from the screenshots, it's nice to see another Touhou game with different mechanics like StB/DS did. :3 It'd be nice to know more about how it actually plays out, but more stuff to look forward to I guess.

...Man, this and Akai Katana vids on the same day.
Quote from: TG
it is like fucking christmas up in here
Let's fight.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2010, 12:55:06 AM »
At first I thought this was some sort of Doyoran prank when I saw it on my youtube subscriptions.

What the hell, man!

I wonder if it'll make use of the bit where fairies respawn indefinitely. Given the lack of life counters, it's possible; it could just affect some sort of "annoyance before giving up" meter/counter/something instead.

... actually, I swear I saw a fangame based on almost exactly that over a year ago... did it star Cirno as well...?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2010, 01:18:49 AM »
I freakin' love Doyora.

I cannot even pretend to be as enthusiastic about this game as I was for DS. Sigh. I hope it defies my expectations and turns out to be super crazy mega awesome.

The bright spot, however, is Daiyousei. Really hoping to see her again, she's adorable. :3

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2010, 01:26:13 AM »
I'm still curious about the gameplay itself, because ZUN doesn't really tell us a lot here.

"A refreshing game where Cirno freezes the bullets she's supposed to dodge"
  It's the kind of game you can play mindlessly for a short time whenever you want, with a difficulty level you can chew on as you play it over and over, and bold, yet subtle patterns.

The images remind me of Fortune Star Panic! a little bit, so maybe there's a puzzle aspect? I'm intrigued.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."