Author Topic: Ran Quest Overtime: A Z-Machine Sidestory  (Read 52083 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Ran Quest Overtime: A Z-Machine Sidestory
« on: June 15, 2010, 10:32:46 PM »
>You are Ran Yakumo, Gensokyo's Premier Tail Authority!
>You are the Shikigami of Yukari Yakumo, bound to follow her desires. Thankfully, her habit of hibernating gives you generous vacation time. You have your own Shikigami, Chen Yakumo, that you regard as a daughter. You have some scholarly interests in regards to Gensokyo's history and various other fields of knowledge, often devoting great deals of time to studying and solving apparently minuscule problems. You are slightly infamous for your love of trains, which you blame on Yukari. You have impeccable manners, many have called you the ideal housekeeper. People will not leave your tails alone.
>It is a lovely end of the day in early spring, you can see the sunset through the window!
>You have gone on a whirlwind chase through Gensokyo and Makai after Yukari, who was sleepwalking and sleepgapping. You have had an instrumental behind the scenes role in helping to free Byakuren Hijiri! You have engaged the Prismrivers in a game of Card Battles, and ended in a draw! You broke into Scarlet Devil Mansion and learned Meiling's Terrible Secret! You have let slip that Yukari was sleepwalking to Aya! Youhave a floating ship parked in the field beside your house!
>You are presently at home, serving dinner to Chen and a half-awake Yukari.

> Prepare a plate of onigiri and some water for Yukari and set them before her.
> "Mistress, Chen spent her day looking for you, can you tell her "Gobble Gabble Geeble Blort?""

>You prepare food for Yukari.
>You then make a request on Chen's behalf. "Whu? Shurgen Ikan. Grobble gageeble blort, kan..."
>She has some water, which Chen giggles.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Re: Ran Quest Overtime: A Z-Machine Sidestory
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 10:38:59 PM »
> Have some onigiri ourselves, then prepare what's left for traveling

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »
> Have some onigiri ourselves, then prepare what's left for traveling

>You dig in!
>That bluegill merchant was trying to trick you, this isn't stringy at all. It's a little strong, but the rice mutes that nicely.
>You end up going through a good ten of them before you're done; it's been a busy day. Dinner is a quiet affair, with Chen occasionally taking advantage of Yukari's half-awake state to get her to say some silly things.
>There are four left by the end.
>You obtain: Onigiri x4

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 12:42:20 AM »
> If there're any dishes, then clean up.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 12:48:31 AM »
> If there're any dishes, then clean up.

>You collect up all the dishes, while Yukari shuffles back into bed. While you clean the off, Chen seems to be occupied with some book. Judging by the size and shape of it, it seems to be one of those Card Battles guides.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 12:50:08 AM »
> Is there anything else we need to do right now?
> If not, we should probably try to do damage control on letting slip to Aya about the sleep gapping.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 12:54:47 AM »
> Is there anything else we need to do right now?
> If not, we should probably try to do damage control on letting slip to Aya about the sleep gapping.

>In theory, Rinnosuke would probably like that job done. But you aren't exactly oathbound to it.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 12:59:13 AM »
> Quests

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 01:07:43 AM »
> Quests

>Your Quests are:
>Repo Ran
>Sanae owes Rinnosuke a shipment of Red Lily Pads. She is either to deliver today, or return the payment. Rinnosuke does not care which.
>Information Wants to be Free
>Aya knows that Yukari has been sleepwalking and sleepgapping. You must find a way to keep her from printing this!

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 01:35:12 AM »
> The situation with Aya is probably more urgent.
> Head to Hakurei Shrine to see if Reimu is willing to try and help us with this

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 11:47:22 AM »
> The situation with Aya is probably more urgent.
> Head to Hakurei Shrine to see if Reimu is willing to try and help us with this

>You head out, telling Chen to keep an eye on things.
>Travelling northeast, you make a beeline for the Hakurei Shrine. Along the way, you pass by the flying ship. You see Murasa is fiddling with something on deck with Shou, while Byakuren and Ichirin are some distance off sitting in the grass, watching what remains of the sunset.
>By the time you come to the Hakurei Shrine, the sun has set. You find Reimu sitting on the front porch of the shrine, sipping a cup of sake. As you enter the grounds, she sees you and audibly groans. "We're...uh...closed, alright? Unless you're donating or something."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 02:52:36 PM »
> "Well, I came to have a friendly chat. But if I must donate something, would some onigiri suffice?"
> "Aya knows about Yukari's sleep gapping, and wants to put in it the Bunbunmaru. If that info gets into her little paper, Yukari will be...  not happy, and I could be left wishing for death. Got any idea's on what I can do to stop her, aside from getting tengu blood on my hands?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 03:31:18 PM »
> "Well, I came to have a friendly chat. But if I must donate something, would some onigiri suffice?"
> "Aya knows about Yukari's sleep gapping, and wants to put in it the Bunbunmaru. If that info gets into her little paper, Yukari will be...  not happy, and I could be left wishing for death. Got any idea's on what I can do to stop her, aside from getting tengu blood on my hands?"

>"Oh yeah, some onigiri would be the best donation right now."
>She pats the side of the porch for you to join her. You explain your problems.
>"...Yeah, I can't see Yukari being happy about that at all," says Reimu. "Not at all. And that's exactly why Aya would print it, too. She loves putting out stuff like that about the high and mighty like you wouldn't believe. Hmmm. You'll probably have to bribe her."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 05:13:44 PM »
> "...I have a feeling I'm going to need to give her a lot more than just a few onigiri, won't I?"
> Sigh
> "Well, anyway, here's yours."
> Hand over two of our remaining onigiri

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 05:51:08 PM »
> "...I have a feeling I'm going to need to give her a lot more than just a few onigiri, won't I?"
> Sigh
> "Well, anyway, here's yours."
> Hand over two of our remaining onigiri

>"Yeah, pretty much," says Reimu.
>You sigh and hand her two onigiri. "You're my favorite, you know that?" she says. "I don't care what anyone tries to say."
>She has a good-sized bite from one, then says, "With Aya, she's all about her journalistic integrity, see? Before you say anything, no I don't think she completely knows what integrity means. But anyhow, that's what you're up against. If she thinks it's important, you're gonna have to convince her to drop it. And that's where the bribe'll come in. You have to give her something better than what she already has. And get her word on it."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 06:00:18 PM »
> "That doesn't sound like it's going to be at all easy to do. Especially given that, unlike her, I do know what integrity is."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 06:14:45 PM »
> "That doesn't sound like it's going to be at all easy to do. Especially given that, unlike her, I do know what integrity is."

>"Yeah, sounds like it'll be a problem," says Reimu through a mouthful of onigiri. "Don't know what you'd use, myself. Probably wouldn't be pretty, though."

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 06:21:49 PM »
> "Don't you suppose any ideas on anyone who would know, do you?"
> Ponder if we might somehow be able to use Hatate against Aya without doing something that would make us feel like a jerk

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 06:36:29 PM »
> "Don't you suppose any ideas on anyone who would know, do you?"
> Ponder if we might somehow be able to use Hatate against Aya without doing something that would make us feel like a jerk

>"To be honest? I can't think of much that would entice Aya more than some other really important person," says Reimu. "And as far as I know, they've mostly been minding their business. Maybe if she has a personal interest in someone?"
>You might be able to, but you'd have to come up with a good plan.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 07:55:18 PM »
> "Well, who's more interesting than Yukari?  I don't keep up with the humans too much, but does any youkai grab their attention better than her?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 08:05:24 PM »
> "Well, who's more interesting than Yukari?  I don't keep up with the humans too much, but does any youkai grab their attention better than her?"

>"Depends on who you ask," says Reimu. "Some people find Utsuho interesting, what with the bout of megalomania. Others find Kanako interesting, since she's pretty friendly for a god. I could go on. But, if you want my thoughts? Play off her pervertedness. We both know she can't resist people in compromising situations."

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 09:08:48 PM »
> "You mean throw someone to the dogs?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 09:15:58 PM »
> "You mean throw someone to the dogs?"

>"Yeah pretty much," says Reimu. "Mind you, I imagine she's already got plans for Biggun and her crew, so that's probably right out. Better someone who isn't Yukari, right?"

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
> "I see.  I could throw myself out there, but they'd keep some attention around us.  Who do you think would react best to being thrown at Aya?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 10:26:35 PM »
> "I see.  I could throw myself out there, but they'd keep some attention around us.  Who do you think would react best to being thrown at Aya?"

>"Yeah, and she might not even be interested in you," says Reimu. "Might wanna ascertain that sort of thing, first."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 10:54:49 PM »
> "Hmmm, considering Aya, the person would likely have to be some of the following: Attractive, a notable or at least decent bust-size, popular or well liked or rarely seen around, likly needs to be willing to be bribed or has an intrest that could likely result in that tengu having a chance to take a preverted picture of that person or that person being capable of beating the daylights out of the tengu... Of people I know, one of the closest matches to that would be myself or Yukari, which is obviously not a good idea, and... Do you know of someone else who could work?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 11:13:12 PM »
> "Hmmm, considering Aya, the person would likely have to be some of the following: Attractive, a notable or at least decent bust-size, popular or well liked or rarely seen around, likly needs to be willing to be bribed or has an intrest that could likely result in that tengu having a chance to take a preverted picture of that person or that person being capable of beating the daylights out of the tengu... Of people I know, one of the closest matches to that would be myself or Yukari, which is obviously not a good idea, and... Do you know of someone else who could work?"

>"Hey, don't be implying I understand how her mind works that well," says Reimu, as she finishes off the first onigiri. "I'm pretty sure she considers it art...maybe you could hit up Momiji? I think they're kinda in cahoots."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 11:19:14 PM »
> "Momiji... I'll definately try her."
> "I bet Lady Yukari's "favourite human" could work, and beat up that Tengu without trouble." Wink at Reimu and give her a little smirk.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 11:24:01 PM »
> "Momiji... I'll definately try her."
> "I bet Lady Yukari's "favourite human" could work, and beat up that Tengu without trouble." Wink at Reimu and give her a little smirk.

>"Woman, I just fought my way through Makai and broke an ancient seal today," says Reimu. "As far as I'm concerned, I get the next week off. And heaven help anyone who gets in the way of that. Not that I mind giving a little advice."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 11:42:21 PM »
> "I'm sorry about that, I was only joking with you. But Lady Yukari does like you the most out of humans, that is no joke. That or she just treats you nicest out of the humans she does like."
> Ponder our potential love-life intrests :*