Author Topic: TPW EVO English Patch released!  (Read 60007 times)

Re: TPW EVO English Patch released!
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2010, 09:56:33 AM »
Good to know that the bugs were fixed. Thanks fro your hard work Ghaleon.
Hehe, can't wait the full translation.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2010, 08:11:50 PM »
I have a request for part of the text at the end of the UFO story. the part where shinki is a giant space flea from nowhere right after you beat Byakuren. could you have her say "K die now"?
I really need to come up with a better signature. ._.;;

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2010, 05:08:04 AM »
Sorry for the super big delay in updates. I've had a really rough month and getting anything productive done was hard after each day was done.

TPWEVO+'s translation is still being patched. Deranged did everything he can weeks ago, it's just me slowing things done. Anyway I've current patched in everything except the main storyline for +disk. I'll work on that next. This update features dream events.
http://www.mediafire.com/?kf6najqab1vzkmi
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A4HE5HA8

Tangrelle

• This is my book! It's still all weird though.
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2010, 02:31:25 AM »
Mmmph, I seem to have been having trouble with UFO and co.'s character affection rival names. I remember Kogasa's used to be Boo! and now it's like object blahblah numbers. Could this have something to do with the dream event patch, or did I mess something up?

« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2010, 06:17:34 PM »
Same happens with rival names when contacting Hina and Meiling or in their dream missions (in latest
patch). Also in Hinas first dream there is typo.
Kogasa says: "I don't wanna be starved, or bullied bu humans again!"
Twitter

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2010, 06:23:08 PM »
Yeah thanks for bug reports... Fixing crash it's ATM though, I'll work on fixing those after the next patch... Stupid crashbugs =(.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2010, 01:14:21 AM »
Ok here she is.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QVOU68MS

http://www.mediafire.com/?sbks67k65ilocy6

This is the first "complete" version of the plus disk's translation. It is probably full of typos still, but I think i found all the crashbugs.
I'll try to get around to fixing all the typos and bugs as they are found, but I'll be slow from this point on because I've been really busy lately, and to be frank, I would much rather play the new comiket games I haven't even touched yet since comiket than bugfix now that I've finally got a reasonably stable version. Of course crashbugs will get a high priority >=).

Once again, thanks to Deranged for actually translating the Japanese stuff.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2010, 04:39:00 AM »
I noticed that the 2.02 patch wasn't included.
You didn't add in the bgms for Iku, Kanako and Orin yet?
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2010, 06:45:09 AM »
Oh and dood, there is a line in the near beginning of the EVO+ story that's untranslated. Read the Human Village section/part. its right after you meet/unlock Kogasa and head to the human village for the first time
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2010, 06:47:55 AM »
I noticed that the 2.02 patch wasn't included.
You didn't add in the bgms for Iku, Kanako and Orin yet?

...Fuck, I forgot. gah.

Thanks for the reminder though.

As for the untranslated line thanks, I'll check into it.

bennelsey

• Touhou fan-game Developer
  • Will make Touhou fan-games for food
    • EastGap
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2010, 03:34:14 PM »
must play after all my academic crap is done D:
(the next two weeks will be academic hell for me)

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2010, 05:15:02 PM »
Thanks for your hard work Ghaleon.
Twitter

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »

Tangrelle

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2010, 09:43:35 PM »
Ooo, ooo, I hate to be bothersome, but now when I play with Iku as the leader, there's no music at all :<

I've yet to attempt this with Orin or Kanako, but I will shortly.

EDIT: Nope, nothing with them either. Also reminds me there were three more songs in BGM mode, which I assume was theirs. It wouldn't play either.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:46:05 PM by Tangrelle »

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2010, 10:01:27 PM »
Works fine with me.
First did you get the japanese 2.02 patch? naturally it won't work if you didn't.
Your supposed to have 4 patchs in the game
patch1 = EVO
patch2 = EVO+
patch3 = 2.02
patch4 = English

Tangrelle

« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2010, 10:39:25 PM »
Ahn! Yes, yes, I certainly did! I bet it's just my meanie computer being mean though :< I do have them all, I think~! See, see~! I have patch, patch2, patch3, and patch4~! +.xp3 or whatever at the end of those <3

Unless patch doesn't mean patch1, otherwise, I could always try Mister applocale and stuff.

Um um, could it be that I downloaded and put in Ghaleon's translation thingie first before the thing he posted right after for 2.2~?

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2010, 10:51:09 PM »
right. patch.xp3 is patch1 that i called it. forgot that it didn't have a number.

It shouldn't have mattered. I had all 4 patches in and i knew it didn't work.
If you used the japanese 2.02 patch with the first english patch that ghale made then the 2.02 was ignored since the english patch didn't have the music. Worked fine for me then. Works fine for me now...i dunno what could be up if you have all 4 and their music won't work.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2010, 01:15:47 AM »
your patch3.xp3 is probably my older translation patch and NOT the japanese 2.02 patch. get the Japanese 2.02 patch, and replace your patch3.xp3 with it, keep patch4.xp3. that is most likely the problem.

Tangrelle

« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2010, 01:28:29 AM »
Yeah! That was it, thanks a lot a lot alot~! <3

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2010, 08:44:35 AM »
Hey Ghale. I'm enjoying the game pretty well ^_^ no crashbugs as you mentioned so far just some typos and things to clean up.

Here's a list of things I found that need a little tweaking dood.

```````````````````````````
The Shop is untranslated (text at top and the day/time thing at top right)

When using "Set Characters" the names are shifted to the left of the name boxes. (Though they are perfectly aligned at the Battle Preparation screen)

Hints are untranslated

Meiling dream 1 "I have a name you know!" the text for the assist poins you gain is untranslated.

Hina's dream 1 "Curse Goddess" typo on kogasa's line " bullied bu humans again!" should be "by" lol. and text for assist points you gain is untranslated.

When at the Set Character menu and pressin "Custom" the stats at the middle are untranslated.

Untranslated line after the Sanae or Ichirin fight.

After Sanae or Ichirin fight, there is a "wrap text= "Reimu"]Reimu" line where its supposed to display that Reimu is speaking.

In the Passage to Makai maze, the "Encounter!" text when a random battle is about to start is untranslated.

When starting the cutscene at the Passage to Makai's, the text is untranslated (1 line) (after "The Passage to Makai has be crossed!")
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all so far. mostly minor small stuff dood.

I haven't unlocked EX rank yet. i know how to thought never got around to it. I'm just now fighting EX rank story enemies.
I lol'd at seeing something like 389.2 ATK and 540.8 HIT. using the decimal system now? by the gods we're screwed. haha.

« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2010, 05:03:08 AM »
Er. When I applied the latest patch, and tried to close the game out, the "really quit?" window closed itself immediately. The only way I could kill the game was manually going into Task Manager and ending the process.

edit: Wait, it's worse than that. Now the Load Game option cancels itself immediately, and I tried removing the English patch and it's STILL doing it. What do I do D:

edit2: ... It seems this problem remains present even if I remove the 2.02 patch. It worked fine before. Um...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 05:09:59 AM by Selphos »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2010, 01:46:39 PM »
Trying a diff keyboard and/or using applocale if you weren't already is all I can suggest. In any case I assure you that nothing in the translation patch even touches input related stuff.

« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2010, 05:39:43 PM »
dunno if its just me; but the evo+ story ending has one consistent crash bug when its blurting out all the stuff that is unlocked.

Code: [Select]
?????????
???? : event_mainplus.ks  : 4643
?? : emb ( ? ???????????????????? )
??????? (syntax error, unexpected T_SYMBOL, expecting "]")
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 05:42:04 PM by Be Pok U (1998 burst style) »

« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2010, 06:41:01 PM »
Thanks for  the translation patches.
I've been playing TPW Evo+ for a bit over a week and haven't seen any bigger problems with the patch but the misplaced names in unit setting screen and untranslated stats in customize window caught my eye.
I was messing with the files today and edited the unit setting screen a bit.
Would you have any use for those edits in your patches?

dunno if its just me; but the evo+ story ending has one consistent crash bug when its blurting out all the stuff that is unlocked.

After quickly checking that file it looks like there are either misplaced quotation marks in lines 4643, 4644 and 4645 in event_mainplus.ks or those lines are missing something.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2010, 07:59:50 PM »

Code: [Select]
?????????
???? : event_mainplus.ks  : 4643
?? : emb ( ? ???????????????????? )
??????? (syntax error, unexpected T_SYMBOL, expecting "]")

The error messages are useless. sometimes they don't even get the right file right, and I've never seen them get the correct line number. Normally it's WAYYY off like it'll say 443, and it'll be 7080 or something, but thanks.

Could you please upload me a savefile just before you complete the game? This way I can test it out every time I think I fix it >=p

Would you have any use for those edits in your patches?

I'm a bit nervous accepting any help at all in this manner. If you want to update the game, I think the best way to do it is to just do it without really teaming up with me at this point. Just make sure you actually fix all known crashbugs when you do it... I'll get on it though. I haven't even TRIED fixing the unit set screen yet, crashbugs are a priority with me, so yeah. It'll get done eventually on my end.

After quickly checking that file it looks like there are either misplaced quotation marks in lines 4643, 4644 and 4645 in event_mainplus.ks or those lines are missing something.

I'm certain that's not it. First off looking at the line number from the error message is only leads to frusteration >=P. It is odd though that the untranslated lines are placed after the translated ones. I don't think they are causing the crash but I deleted them regardless because assuming they work properly they'll just re-translat what is translated back to Japanese, derp.

I am pretty sure I had this exact same issue back in TPWEVO, don't remember what it was though. Something to do with a music track or fadeout or something I think.. I really don't remember.

Anyway, I need a save file to test it, I haven't even started playing the game in earnest yet.

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2010, 09:51:42 PM »
I won't be updating anything else. That screen just happened to catch my eye everytime I saw them so I though I could do something about it. I'll just keep that edited file in my patch4.xp3 until you release the edited version.
And I understand your unwillingness to take stuff that others edited when you're already so far.
Keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:28:57 AM by Dodii »

« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2010, 06:32:22 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?3r0vu0s5yjeeueb

Here's one I was messing around with; crashes at the shrine event.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2010, 06:50:11 AM »
Can anyone help me run the game?

When I run it using Microsoft Applocale, this error appears.

Error.
File : first.ks Column : 3
tag : loadplugin(some long sentence)
plug?? wuvorbis.dll *some words about reading and stuff*

When I just run it, I can see the title page, but when I press New Game, a error appears talking about Unicode char strings and ANSI char strings.

It is not because of the patch, but I can't find any better places to ask this question.
Signature

Kilvoctu

• Aya Lover
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2010, 10:14:46 PM »
Thanks for  the translation patches.
I've been playing TPW Evo+ for a bit over a week and haven't seen any bigger problems with the patch but the misplaced names in unit setting screen and untranslated stats in customize window caught my eye.

Oh dear, how'd ya do that? I've been looking around the textfiles and can't figure it out, putting shame to my title of Information System major. True, it's a minor deal, but I get bugged each time I see the off-centre names and stats. Would like to remedy this thing for now while we wait for Ghaleon's fix on the bigger issues.

« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2010, 08:22:57 PM »
Oh dear, how'd ya do that? I've been looking around the textfiles and can't figure it out, putting shame to my title of Information System major. True, it's a minor deal, but I get bugged each time I see the off-centre names and stats. Would like to remedy this thing for now while we wait for Ghaleon's fix on the bigger issues.

I'm guessing you mean the .ks files by textfiles. Everything related to unit setting screen is found in unit_set.ks file and I guess the best way to find the parts you want to edit is to look for text strings like ATK or SPD depending on what you want to edit.

Here is a quick fix for the unit setting screen if you don't want to mess with the code. I haven't touched anything else than the unit_set.ks file and I've added one tab in the beginning of every line I've changed to make it easier to find those lines for possible editing.

Edit: Uploaded new version that has some sort of translation for the affection requirement for avatars.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:48:40 PM by Dodii »