Author Topic: TPW EVO English Patch released!  (Read 60004 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: TPW Evo Translation
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2010, 12:19:50 AM »
You don?t have the latest patch (1.07) it seems. And thus you can?t meet Reisen as she isn?t in game at that point (1.02).
That was my guess only I don't know how you can tell the version is 1.02, I just figured they didn't apply the latest Japanese patch.

I'm starting to think I shouldn't replace t he patch # thing in the menu bar just so we can see if people patched their game before getting the latest English patch easier. Seems like it happens fairly often.

Edit: Appearently there is a glitch with Danmaku Type 1-6.
Somehow they are not compatible with themselves and exists twice (as Danmaku Type 1,2,3,4,5,6 and same in japanese). Was it a glitch due to patching it to 1.07 but not restarting the game or your English Patch?
[/quote]

Not sure, I'll take a look though thanks.

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2010, 06:01:28 AM »
You don?t have the latest patch (1.07) it seems. And thus you can?t meet Reisen as she isn?t in game at that point (1.02).

So I need the 1.07 patch just to bypass this thing? Alright..

Edit: Appearently there is a glitch with Danmaku Type 1-6.
Somehow they are not compatible with themselves and exists twice (as Danmaku Type 1,2,3,4,5,6 and same in japanese). Was it a glitch due to patching it to 1.07 but not restarting the game or your English Patch?

What are you talking about?

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2010, 09:18:21 AM »
What are you talking about?

That was to Ghaleon.
Afterall, this thread is also for problems with the patch.

That was my guess only I don't know how you can tell the version is 1.02,

I had similar Problems.

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2010, 11:41:20 PM »
Hey, the circle that made the TPW series has announced that they're creating an expansion pack called "Touhou Pocket War EVO Plus". It's going to introduce the UFO characters with some others, all the characters that have been added from previous update patches are now going to be integrated into the main story, and there are going to be a couple of other gameplay changes. They say it's going to come out in August 2010:

http://sadinfish.myweb.hinet.net/game/index2_jp.html

Just a heads-up. If you plan on keeping your English patch as current as possible, you might want to look out for this one.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:51:02 PM by grgspunk »

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 11:51:06 PM »
Hey, the circle that made the TPW series has announced that they're creating an expansion pack called "Touhou Pocket War EVO Plus". They say it's going to come out in August 2010:

http://sadinfish.myweb.hinet.net/game/index2_jp.html

Just a heads-up.

Someone beat ya to it actually haha.
There's another thread for the gameplay discussion whereas this thread is for translation reporting and the like. Thanks anyway though ^_^
As a follow up, I seriously can't wait for it. It seems like the extra disc content happens after the main story, thus the plus disc material. and we get the ENTIRE UFO cast. First game in which we get everyone in a single touhou game too.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 05:01:34 AM »
Yeah I intend to keep the translation patch up to date with it if possible. If I have to start all over again...I think I'll try that too as long as the process is remotely similar. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time though lol.

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2010, 09:01:00 PM »
Yeah I intend to keep the translation patch up to date with it if possible. If I have to start all over again...I think I'll try that too as long as the process is remotely similar. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time though Ha ha, old chap!.

It's just an expansion pack that adds onto the original game. There shouldn't be any changes to the engine or anything huge like that.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2010, 07:03:39 AM »
It's done! Or at least it's considered Released, and no longer "beta test" or whatever. There may be a bug or typo here or there, but I'm confident that they are few and far between (or maybe non existent? *crosses fingers*).

Anyway I'm pretty proud that I did it. I mean I could not have done it without Deranged actually translating, and Bane also made some suggestions early on that most likely saved me months of time of learning. But overall, I feel pretty proud with what I accomplished. My first big contribution to the Touhou Community (and MoTK) *beams*. Even if only 1 or 2 people will enjoy this here, I still feel great. I hope I can do more projects like this in the future.

Anyway, please bear in mind that I've never done anything like this before, so while I might not have been as fast as the crew that translates other Touhou games, I did it eventually. I also wasn't exactly loaded with free time either >=P.

I'm going to copy/paste the readme now.

Touhou Pocket War Evolution patch 1.07

Instructions:
1: You MUST update your game to the latest version before applying the English patch. Get all updates at:
http://sadinfish.myweb.hinet.net/
2: Once your game is updated, simply copy patch2.xp3 into your TPWEvo Directory (the one with the Exe)
3: Launch the game as usual (Japanese Applocale highly recommended) and enjoy!

Credits:
Zun: For making Touhou, duh.
未完童話: For making Touhou Pocket Wars Evolution.

Deranged: For Translating numerous excellent Touhou fan games, also for translating just about everything in this one
Bane,qazmlpok, AKA nameless fairy on Poosh: For working with Deranged as the patcher/scripter/toolmaker for many Touhou fangames, TPW included, also for giving me advice on this one.
Kojiremi: for updating the original TPW patch to 1.07, helping me with some odd touches, and more importantly, inspiring me to try and make my own translation patch for once.
Nobu/Vita: For (patiently) offering to help with some translations that failed miserably due to me failing at IRC.
Everyone (Lolisauce and BGF on DS forums are the only ones I know by name)  who worked on their own TPW EVO translation, this one seems to be the only released one but your efforts are noble!
Anybody else I forget, I think I got em all.

Known Issues:
When Suika or Reisen (and probably any other new character added in future patches) cast a spell as a CPU, the spellcard info is not translated.
I think I know how to fix it, but I don't know if it's a good idea since it involves initializing their info in a file other than what they originally were initialized in.

Feel free to tell me of any additional issues you discover by posting about it on the TPWEvo poosh thread, MoTK's TPWEvo thread (under Touhou Projects), or (preferably not)
the TPWEvo thread in DS forums.

Download it at:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=95EPYLR4
or
http://www.mediafire.com/?fy2kwzhgoyw

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2010, 07:14:11 AM »
Yesss we're finally done with this thing. I'm glad its finally complete and we can hopefully have a breather now...Good job dood I'm glad its over finally  :toot:

I dunno how many people on MotK play it but nevertheless I'm gonna be reaping what we sowed~
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Verloren

• Servant for Life~
  • Touhou Sweets~
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2010, 07:16:04 AM »
Well, I'm sure everyone's going to be thankful all the same.

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2010, 09:55:00 AM »
Well, I'm sure everyone's going to be thankful all the same.

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2010, 01:40:04 PM »
It's done! Or at least it's considered Released, and no longer "beta test" or whatever. There may be a bug or typo here or there, but I'm confident that they are few and far between (or maybe non existent? *crosses fingers*).

Anyway I'm pretty proud that I did it. I mean I could not have done it without Deranged actually translating, and Bane also made some suggestions early on that most likely saved me months of time of learning. But overall, I feel pretty proud with what I accomplished. My first big contribution to the Touhou Community (and MoTK) *beams*. Even if only 1 or 2 people will enjoy this here, I still feel great. I hope I can do more projects like this in the future.

Anyway, please bear in mind that I've never done anything like this before, so while I might not have been as fast as the crew that translates other Touhou games, I did it eventually. I also wasn't exactly loaded with free time either >=P.

OMG YES FINALLY.
(excuse me, i need to repeat the game because i didn't understand anything from my first playthrough.)

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: TPW EVO English Patch released!
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2010, 07:56:44 PM »
New update, fixes a bug where you cannot level up mook spellcards or passive bonus (well you can but loading the game resets them back to 1)
http://www.mediafire.com/?mhvg1yrmtzn
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R02IS0RL

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2010, 09:19:07 AM »
Aww geez, why didn't I notice this release earlier? Awesome work. I can finally get to go through the story now.

I noticed a few issues with untranslated lines that weren't covered in your post:

If you go to the  "set characters" menu, select a youkai character (ex: monster flower), and press the "custom" button, it says "デフォルト" where it's supposed to say "default" in the avatar list.

I've noticed instances where the opponent characters' spellcard attacks are occassionally displayed untranslated in the middle of the screen. It's the same issue with Suika and Reisen, except it can happen with other non-patch characters as well. Some of these characters include Marisa and Kaguya

If you run out of uses for your ENV spheres, the message in the middle of the screen telling you that you've run out of uses is in Japanese.

Other than the Suika/Reisen thing, that's all the bugs I could find.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2010, 09:36:58 AM »
hehe. you didn't know about this till now? We posted it at Doujinstyle as well haha. Well enjoy dood.
I knew about the ENV sphere text when you can't use one...but the other stuff you mentioned i never heard of...
There's some bugs/error reports at poosh too. we'll eventually get back to working on them as well.
I'm curious about Youmu/Keine's assist abilities since they are said to not work...though I can't confirm it myself since I don't have youmu/keine yet saidly
There is a very few typos in the story as well that i'ma try correcting as well but other than these said things That's bout all i know in terms of things needing correcting.
thanks anyway hehe

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2010, 09:46:21 AM »
Thanks for the avatar tip, I'll fix it (and that comma typo now that I got moar broken stuff) next time I got free time on my CPU (prob in 24 hours BUT sun/mon are busy days for me so it might be as late as Tuesday).

Untranslated spellcard when the CPU uses them... If it affects everyone, I have one past theory. I'm not sure I can fix it. Basically I think I have to re-do all that crap that makes saved games created before the translation patch have translated spellcard. Only for the CPU as well. I honestly have no clue if the cpu's spellcard menu is visible, assignable or accessable in the scripts though. It probably is but it'll be a bish to find.

Even if I do find it that's like 700 lines I have to retype =(.
can anybody read those anyway? I'm a pretty fast reader but no way I can read CPU spellcard stuff fast enough, I just know what they cast and that's it. Bear in mind I don't even know if this is the actual solution.

Thanks for the env sphere bug too.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2010, 09:50:05 AM »
Have to double post, on phone.
Youmu/keine's passive don't work in English OR Japanese for me. My theory is that it simply doesn't stack with the 25% exp bonus you vet for finishing the story. I haven't tested it without that bonus yet.

edit: Just tested it again, it's bork. word.

I'm pretty sure I fixed it though. working on the other stuff mentioned now.

KK found the envsphere line, waiting on a translation, will fix it, then will update when I get it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 04:09:20 AM by Ghaleon »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2010, 09:13:53 PM »
Triple post zomg.

New update: Pretty minor, just fixes 1 Jap-Eng line, (when you try to use an env sphere you run out of), as well as some typos.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E41HPJQT
http://www.mediafire.com/?myttz2q4hyt

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2010, 07:03:26 AM »
So I managed to get EVO+ japanese version finally~ just gonna play through it as is for fun and see what happens.
Ghale i know you said you are still gonna work on EVO I'll help out as usual if you need it but ah.....how we gonna do this? The english patch for EVO is semi-compatible as is haha. the Title is different but no characters for EVO+ show up (go figure)
just saying how it is currently

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2010, 05:43:34 AM »
It's pretty hot for me right now (weather wise). I have health issues which do not mix well with heat, so I don't really have the motivation to do squat atm.

I'll make the patch 100% compatible (or try to, I'm confident I can do it though) once the weather is better and I have the energy to do it.
I don't think I'll need any play testing help for awhile. I'm not going to bother deranged about translating the new stuff until after I make what's existing 100% compatible.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2010, 09:21:18 AM »
Double-post fun!...It deserves a bump.

I've just solved the crashbug that stopped my translation progress dead in its tracks for the last couple weeks. I now have tpw_init (by far the worst file for +disk) working fine.

Translation progress should go smooth again. Even if I come across any more crashbugs, they should be easy to solve in comparison since they will not be buried under the file with over 10k solid  lines of flagged Windiff code. The rest of the files generally have MAYBE 100 changed lines, and they are spaced apart so you can really pick em apart and notice any errors.. so yay.
At this point the expansion should be little more difficult ot translate than the Reisen patch hopefully.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2010, 04:42:33 AM »
YAY, finally did the bulk of the work. I think everything is working fine now, All new spellcards and characters have been translated as well, dream events, gensokyo story events are still in progress. I'm releasing this now though despite its incomplete state so that people can finally play the game in English once again without fearing that whole business about Japanese spellcards not being able to merge with English ones and all that nonsense. It'll be nice if people can report bugs too while I finish it up.

The only bug I've been able to find (with my VERY limited playtime) so far is the synthesis menu's text for red blue and green is kinda odd looking as though there is overlapping text.

Anyway, get the first 2.0 release translation patch here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4G7OMBU5
http://www.mediafire.com/?mg00cqbv8t8t996

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2010, 04:55:03 AM »
YAY, finally did the bulk of the work. I think everything is working fine now, All new spellcards and characters have been translated as well, dream events, gensokyo story events are still in progress. I'm releasing this now though despite its incomplete state so that people can finally play the game in English once again without fearing that whole business about Japanese spellcards not being able to merge with English ones and all that nonsense. It'll be nice if people can report bugs too while I finish it up.

The only bug I've been able to find (with my VERY limited playtime) so far is the synthesis menu's text for red blue and green is kinda odd looking as though there is overlapping text.

Anyway, get the first 2.0 release translation patch here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4G7OMBU5
http://www.mediafire.com/?mg00cqbv8t8t996

o_o dam. didn't need my help at all huh? Did Deranged translate stuff or you did it yourself? Well either way good job man.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2010, 05:50:42 AM »
o_o dam. didn't need my help at all huh? Did Deranged translate stuff or you did it yourself? Well either way good job man.

There isn't much translated that wasn't done already before, just the new spellcards and..maybe a few words here and there. But Deranged did those.

Help is nice, but I really try not to use it short of testing if needed because many of the issues caused during ordinary TPW's patch from 1.04-1.07 were caused by multiple people working on the same files undoing each otherrs work, making changes others didn't know about, giving advice based on said changes that they ahve not yet shared and hence don't work for others, etc. It's awful. I just know that's what caused that alice +hit buff bug. somehow a chinese version of her spell got copied/pasted into one of the files, and the data was saying "+hit effect" in Chinese instead of Japanese, which wasn't recognized by the Japanese Initialization code, and hence did nothing. It's nobody's fault, happens in commercial games too. Which is why they need team "leads" for their deveopment divisions, so that people make sure that sorta stuff doesn't happen >=)

Anyway it's still not done, but it's over 90% done for sure. This is just what's needed to make people able to "safely" play with the new +disk with stuff translated. While you COULD use 1.07's translation patch for 2.0, it wasn't really safe, and if you chose NOT to use it, you couldn't level up your Japanese cards using english cards, or vice-versa, it sucked. This just solves all those issues.

I'd still appreciate any input on bugs or whatever.

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2010, 04:54:31 PM »
Okay, one thing I noticed.
I have raised Hinas affection to 500, but every day  I return to the gap -
the affection of the rival seems to jump back to 450. Eventhough I have
managed to drop the rivals affection to 0, this still keeps happening.
I still have to test this with Meiling though.

Could this happen because I am using my old EVO save where I only
need to beat Mima?

Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2010, 04:56:25 PM »
Thanks
A
Lot!!!!!
It rocks :3
Though, one of Ichirin's cards have a " missing at the end :P
Anything else I may find I'll post o/

Edit:
Affection Needed text at the custom window is untranslated.

@Tsalop
Same happens with Kogasa and China.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:04:58 PM by Maav »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2010, 06:54:54 PM »
Yeah as I said, with the exception of spellcards, new stuff isn't done being translated... Or did I say that?  I should have. Anyway I haven't even touched that yet, shouldn't take long.

Hina's affection sounds odd. It doesn't dingbat without the patch? Dingbat? God this phones spellcheck sucks lol.

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2010, 09:06:08 PM »
EEEEE!
I've been waiting weeks for this!
Thanks for your hard work on this so far~
I really need to come up with a better signature. ._.;;

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2010, 11:37:00 PM »
Yeah as I said, with the exception of spellcards, new stuff isn't done being translated... Or did I say that?  I should have. Anyway I haven't even touched that yet, shouldn't take long.

Hina's affection sounds odd. It doesn't dingbat without the patch? Dingbat? God this phones spellcheck sucks lol.
Hina, Kogasa and China are bugged WITH the patch. They work fine without it.
Btw, it's even better this way, IMO... Free leveling + Gift Farming :getdown:

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2010, 12:08:15 AM »
Hina, Kogasa and China are bugged WITH the patch. They work fine without it.
Btw, it's even better this way, IMO... Free leveling + Gift Farming :getdown:

lol. Yeah, I fixed it..haven't uploaded the patched file yet though, don't really like uploading new files just for 1 bugfix, or else I'd spend more time uploading than patching.