Author Topic: Okuu Quest Next - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 81338 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Okuu Quest Next - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #180 on: June 10, 2010, 12:25:46 PM »
> This voice leaves for a bit and suddenly everyone develops delusions of grandeur.
> This voice also notes that nobody thought to ask who she would be reporting to, and when.
> Steel our voice. "Also, about that. I'm not about to aid and abet in armed robbery. Give me the money, Parsee. We'll use it to tell the Scarlets that we know what they're doing, but it's going back to its owner."

>Dang it! You should have asked that! Stupid memory!
>Parsee frowns. "Oh goddamnit. You're the worst date ever, you know that?"
>She hands you back the money.
>"I better get a real nice gift for this. Because 500☼ is just too much to spend on a first date, even with you. So, how are you going to use it?"

>_
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 12:31:04 PM by Diamonds Purvis »

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #181 on: June 10, 2010, 12:43:44 PM »
>Dang it! You should have asked that! Stupid memory!
>Parsee frowns. "Oh goddamnit. You're the worst date ever, you know that?"
>She hands you back the money.
>"I better get a real nice gift for this. Because 500☼ is just too much to spend on a first date, even with you. So, how are you going to use it?"

>_

> "I figure if we march into City Hall and say that we would like to return something that belongs to one of their employees, it would send the right message - that we know what they're doing, but we aren't going to have a war with them about it. I really don't have a reason to be followed, I swear on anything, so it would be best to nip whatever misunderstanding is going on in the bud."
> "You're right, though, I'm causing you a lot of trouble today. Sorry, you deserve better than that."
> Bow apologetically.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #182 on: June 10, 2010, 12:56:25 PM »
> "I figure if we march into City Hall and say that we would like to return something that belongs to one of their employees, it would send the right message - that we know what they're doing, but we aren't going to have a war with them about it. I really don't have a reason to be followed, I swear on anything, so it would be best to nip whatever misunderstanding is going on in the bud."
> "You're right, though, I'm causing you a lot of trouble today. Sorry, you deserve better than that."
> Bow apologetically.

>"Wow, that's gutsy," says Parsee. "But what do you do when they sic security on you or something? I mean, I'm down with confronting power and stuff. But if they're willing to have you tailed, I don't think they're gonna think twice about making you disappear if you cause problems for them. Or maybe your family. Or they'll just play dumb and make you look like a fool. Do you have a plan?"
>You apologize to Parsee and bow. "Well, I guess you are kinda right. It's just annoying, I guess. Got my hopes up and stuff. So don't worry about that. But you can do that a few more times if you want."

>_

Fightest

« Reply #183 on: June 10, 2010, 01:09:56 PM »
>"Wow, that's gutsy," says Parsee. "But what do you do when they sic security on you or something? I mean, I'm down with confronting power and stuff. But if they're willing to have you tailed, I don't think they're gonna think twice about making you disappear if you cause problems for them. Or maybe your family. Or they'll just play dumb and make you look like a fool. Do you have a plan?"

> "I don't think they're at the point where they'd need to disappear me. They'd need to have a reason, at least for show's sake, to take me by force. Neither is it in their interests to play dumb, now that they've shown their hand."
> Look glum.
> "You're right about my family, though. Warning them will help, but not much. I'd need some independent help to protect them. Maybe those bikers, they seem like they're the stick-it-to-the-man type. I've talked to them earlier, I might have an in - how good are you in a fight?"

>You apologize to Parsee and bow. "Well, I guess you are kinda right. It's just annoying, I guess. Got my hopes up and stuff. So don't worry about that. But you can do that a few more times if you want."

> "For all I've put you through, I'll do anything you tell me to, today."
> Bow again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #184 on: June 10, 2010, 01:27:09 PM »
> "I don't think they're at the point where they'd need to disappear me. They'd need to have a reason, at least for show's sake, to take me by force. Neither is it in their interests to play dumb, now that they've shown their hand."
> Look glum.
> "You're right about my family, though. Warning them will help, but not much. I'd need some independent help to protect them. Maybe those bikers, they seem like they're the stick-it-to-the-man type. I've talked to them earlier, I might have an in - how good are you in a fight?"
> "For all I've put you through, I'll do anything you tell me to, today."
> Bow again.

>"You might be right. I would expect a runaround, though. And, well, they can invent causing trouble at City Hall as an excuse. But if you're gonna do that today, we should hurry. They close their doors to the public at 7."
>"As for your family...Well, um, I don't know about anyone reliable. I wouldn't trust the bikers, they're just as likely to get drunk on the job and cause problems. And I've never really been in a fight before. I do have Scotty here, but I don't think it'd do much against the police or any half-decent security."
>You bow again, and Parsee laughs, "I keep that offer in mind. My windows do need a cleaning..."

>_

Fightest

« Reply #185 on: June 10, 2010, 01:42:40 PM »
>"You might be right. I would expect a runaround, though. And, well, they can invent causing trouble at City Hall as an excuse. But if you're gonna do that today, we should hurry. They close their doors to the public at 7."
>"As for your family...Well, um, I don't know about anyone reliable. I wouldn't trust the bikers, they're just as likely to get drunk on the job and cause problems. And I've never really been in a fight before. I do have Scotty here, but I don't think it'd do much against the police or any half-decent security."
>You bow again, and Parsee laughs, "I keep that offer in mind. My windows do need a cleaning..."

>_

> "Let's take the initiative, do it now."
> Head for the bus stop. Objective: City Hall!
> "At least the bikers can be counted on to raise a ruckus if the man comes calling. That's a last-resort kind of thing, though - if they really do... come for them, things're gonna have become far worse than a scuffle in the street. Which is why I want to solve this now."
> Cocky grin.
> "Offer's good while it lasts. I can do a mean polish."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #186 on: June 10, 2010, 02:01:32 PM »
> "Let's take the initiative, do it now."
> Head for the bus stop. Objective: City Hall!
> "At least the bikers can be counted on to raise a ruckus if the man comes calling. That's a last-resort kind of thing, though - if they really do... come for them, things're gonna have become far worse than a scuffle in the street. Which is why I want to solve this now."
> Cocky grin.
> "Offer's good while it lasts. I can do a mean polish."

>Parsee nods. "Alright. Maybe we can find something."
>You head for the bus stop where Nue was trying to avoid notice. The A route bus coming up next should get you there soon enough.
>"You might be able to get them to do that, yeah. And I agree, it'd be a last resort."
>She nods and smiles in return. "Hope you don't mind getting out on the fire escape, then."
>The bus comes, and the two of you board. It is fairly empty, as most of the people on board have gotten off at your stop. You and Parsee are able to find a seat easily. "So, what's the plan?"

>_

Fightest

« Reply #187 on: June 10, 2010, 02:14:20 PM »
>The bus comes, and the two of you board. It is fairly empty, as most of the people on board have gotten off at your stop. You and Parsee are able to find a seat easily. "So, what's the plan?"

>_

> "Walk in, find the front desk, slap down the..."
> Look around, make sure nobody hears. Continue speaking in a hushed tone.
> "Wad of cash. The receptionist won't be able to just accept it, so they'll call in someone with a bit more clout. Once that happens, the word will get out onto their grapevine, and we're golden."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #188 on: June 10, 2010, 02:34:29 PM »
> "Walk in, find the front desk, slap down the..."
> Look around, make sure nobody hears. Continue speaking in a hushed tone.
> "Wad of cash. The receptionist won't be able to just accept it, so they'll call in someone with a bit more clout. Once that happens, the word will get out onto their grapevine, and we're golden."

>"I suppose that will work, if they don't call security," says Parsee. "I guess that'll be the trick. If they call security, we'll have to do a runner or something.
>What few people are on the bus at the moment don't seem to be paying much attention to you right now.
>It takes perhaps ten minutes to for the bus to reach your destination. Stepping off, you see that the crowds and the traffic here are so bad as they were earlier today. It seems things are closing up bit by bit. Still, there are enough people moving around you have to be careful not to bump into them. No one seems to pay you or Parsee any mind.

>_

Fightest

« Reply #189 on: June 10, 2010, 02:41:54 PM »
>"I suppose that will work, if they don't call security," says Parsee. "I guess that'll be the trick. If they call security, we'll have to do a runner or something."

> "Hmm. About that... Parsee, if they call security... I think I'll let myself be caught. I'll be able to find out more that way. You, on the other hand, I want you to run... If you don't hear from me for several hours, then I trust you to be able to raise as much of a ruckus in the right places as you can. More importantly, though, if you don't hear from me, please warn my family, tell them to run and hide."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2010, 02:45:18 PM »
> "Hmm. About that... Parsee, if they call security... I think I'll let myself be caught. I'll be able to find out more that way. You, on the other hand, I want you to run... If you don't hear from me for several hours, then I trust you to be able to raise as much of a ruckus in the right places as you can. More importantly, though, if you don't hear from me, please warn my family, tell them to run and hide."

>"Well, if that's what you want. I'll be sure to tell them if something happens. And I'll see what I can do about causing problems. Just be sure pay attention to everything, not just the people in front of you."

>_
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 02:47:31 PM by Diamonds Purvis »

Fightest

« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2010, 02:52:58 PM »
> Head into City Hall. Execute plan until first unexpected event.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #192 on: June 10, 2010, 03:06:20 PM »
> Head into City Hall. Execute plan until first unexpected event.

>You head into the government wing of the Scarlet Residence. The general structure is similar to the museum wing, but the decor is much more mundane and cluttered. There's not too many people here, though you do note a green-beret wearing security guard in matching uniform watching over things idly. You walk up to the front desk, where a red-haired woman is busy working on something. She looks up at you and says, "Welcome to City Hall! How may I help you?"
>You mention you have something for an employee there that was lost, and present the money with a dramatic gesture. The woman looks at it with a raised eyebrow and a kind of grimace, then asks, "Um, who does this belong to?"

>_

Fightest

« Reply #193 on: June 10, 2010, 05:22:12 PM »
>You mention you have something for an employee there that was lost, and present the money with a dramatic gesture. The woman looks at it with a raised eyebrow and a kind of grimace, then asks, "Um, who does this belong to?"

>_

> Consult notebook.
> "A Miss Nue Houjuu?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #194 on: June 10, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »
> Consult notebook.
> "A Miss Nue Houjuu?"

>You consult your notebook, and see you've not written her name down. In fact, you've not written anything in it for a while.
>"Alright," says the woman at the desk, as she taps away on her keyboard. "I'll just check to see if she's in today, and call her right down." She frowns. "We don't have anyone her by that name, does she work with the museum staff?" Before you can answer, the woman searches again. "No, I don't have her on record there, either. Um, can you tell me which department she works for? I'll call up there and ask."

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #195 on: June 10, 2010, 05:43:34 PM »
>"I believe she's what would be called a...contracted advisor"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #196 on: June 10, 2010, 05:51:42 PM »
>"I believe she's what would be called a...contracted advisor"

>"Ah, I'll have to ask Miss Izayoi about that," says the woman. "Won't be a moment."
>She picks up the phone and hits one of the numbers on it. After a moment, she says, "Yes, Miss Izayoi? It's Petite at the desk. I have someone asking about a contracted adviser named Nue Houjuu? Apparently they found a large quantity of money that belongs to her?"
>She covers the mouthpiece and says,  "Won't be a minute, she's looking over the records now."
>Puts the phone back to her ear, she types in some more things. After a moment, she says "Ah, is that so?"
>She covers the receiver again and says, "I'm afraid we have no such record of that person. Are you sure she's with us?"

>_

Fightest

« Reply #197 on: June 10, 2010, 07:00:52 PM »
>She covers the receiver again and says, "I'm afraid we have no such record of that person. Are you sure she's with us?"

>_

> "Pretty sure, although I could have misunderstood something. Could you please have miss Izayoi check again? If it's nothing, then please extend my apologies for the trouble, and I'll be on my way."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #198 on: June 10, 2010, 07:05:10 PM »
> "Pretty sure, although I could have misunderstood something. Could you please have miss Izayoi check again? If it's nothing, then please extend my apologies for the trouble, and I'll be on my way."

>She nods, and uncover the reciever. "Miss Izayoi? They'd like you to check again. They're quite insistant that this money is her's. How much? Five hundred. Yes, that's why I called. Alright."
>She covers the mouthpiece again. "Could you explain how you came across this money, and how you know it belongs to this person?"

>_

Fightest

« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2010, 07:17:19 PM »
>She covers the mouthpiece again. "Could you explain how you came across this money, and how you know it belongs to this person?"

>_

> "She misplaced it near a bus stop, and, very unfortunately, forgot about it. I noticed her bus pass at the time. By the time I realised she'd left it there, she'd already gone."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #200 on: June 10, 2010, 07:23:45 PM »
> "She misplaced it near a bus stop, and, very unfortunately, forgot about it. I noticed her bus pass at the time. By the time I realised she'd left it there, she'd already gone."

>The woman nods and speaks into the phone. "She says that this person misplaced it near a bus stop, and that she saw the woman's bus pass. Mmhm. Alright."
>She covers the receiver again. "Miss Izayoi would like to know how you know she works with us, exactly? It doesn't sound like you know the woman at all, if you had to find her name off her bus pass."

>_

Fightest

« Reply #201 on: June 10, 2010, 07:57:19 PM »
>She covers the receiver again. "Miss Izayoi would like to know how you know she works with us, exactly? It doesn't sound like you know the woman at all, if you had to find her name off her bus pass."

>_

> "I think it would be easier if I spoke to Miss Izayoi directly in person, please - this back and forth over a phone is a bit unhelpful."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #202 on: June 10, 2010, 08:05:02 PM »
> "I think it would be easier if I spoke to Miss Izayoi directly in person, please - this back and forth over a phone is a bit unhelpful."

>"I'll relay that, if you would answer the question?"

>_

Fightest

« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2010, 08:57:14 PM »
>"I'll relay that, if you would answer the question?"

>_

> "Noticed it was one of those special transport passes that gives you huge discounts - only government workers, war veterans and the disabled get those. She didn't look like the latter two, so I put two and two together."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #204 on: June 10, 2010, 09:19:25 PM »
> "Noticed it was one of those special transport passes that gives you huge discounts - only government workers, war veterans and the disabled get those. She didn't look like the latter two, so I put two and two together."

>"Alright," says the woman. "Yes, she claims she saw it was a government-issued pass. Yes, that would be strange. Actually, she would like to speak with you. Yes, I'll send her right along."
>"Miss Izayoi would like to see you." Says the woman. "Take the hall on your left. It's the third door on you right. You'll see a nameplate."

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #205 on: June 10, 2010, 10:36:44 PM »
> Thank you woman behind the desk and set off for Izayoi's door.
> Upon arrival at the door, knock to announce our presence, but do not enter yet.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #206 on: June 10, 2010, 10:42:59 PM »
> Thank you woman behind the desk and set off for Izayoi's door.
> Upon arrival at the door, knock to announce our presence, but do not enter yet.

>"I hope you don't reconsider that thanks~" Says the woman at the front desk.
>"This is suspicious..." says Parsee, as the two of you walk along the hall. It's not hard to find the office, it has a nameplate that reads Sakuya Izayoi. You knock, and a strong voice answers, "Come in."

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2010, 11:36:52 PM »
> Aside to Parsee: "Quick what don't you like?"
> To door: "Thank you!" and open the door.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #208 on: June 10, 2010, 11:47:02 PM »
> Aside to Parsee: "Quick what don't you like?"
> To door: "Thank you!" and open the door.

>"We got in without an appointment, and barely any argument." says Parsee.
>You open the door, and see a rather plain-looking office. At a glance, it seems plain. Then you notce the desk is really nice. As are the other small decorations, little tasteful things. Tinted windows allow a view to the street outside, though the curtains, the cut into strips style of curtain, prevent you from seeing out. Sitting at the desk is a silver-haired woman in an attractive suit. Her eyes connect with yours, and give you a brief uncomfortable feeling as they bore into you. Then she looks to Parsee.
>"Come in," she says. "Sit. And explain yourselves."

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2010, 01:40:26 AM »
>"Hmm? Don't you have some explanations yourself? Sometimes you have to give to get. Why was Nue following us?"

(Delay command until other voices weigh in. But I think this is what is desired)