Author Topic: Face, meet fist. This is Akyu Quest!  (Read 65281 times)

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
Face, meet fist. This is Akyu Quest!
« on: April 16, 2010, 12:44:16 PM »
> You are Akyu, young scion of the Hieda family. Your role was to be simple: to write the historic account of Gensokyo and the wonders, happenings and battles that occurred here. As they say, "history is written by the victors." What they didn't say is that the victors are lazy bastards, which usually meant that the writing fell solidly onto your shoulders. But you bit down and plowed through, and, for all your life, you've patiently dealt with the violent sociopaths that were the movers and shakers in Gensokyo.
> Until today.

> The red haze lifts off your eyes. You do not remember what happened in the past ten minutes, but the evidence is strewn across the room: ripped tatami mats, broken windows, jagged fragments of ornaments and pottery scattered on the floor. In the corner you spot a scroll with your impossibly-neat handwriting, seemingly freshly-written, judging by the glistening of fresh ink. A vast ink stain covers most of the scroll, seeping into the rest of the roll of paper. A fairy lies huddled in the corner of the room, bruised and beaten - she's unconscious, but breathing. Your fists are raw and bloody, and ache like hell.

> Two shapes swooping down outside your window catch your attention: two fairies wearing brass knuckles, confident smirks on their faces. They're looking squarely at you.

> "She took down the new one," one fairy proclaims to the other.
> "She had immunity, but she's fair game now," the other responds.
> "More points for us, isn't that right?" the first fairy says.
> "We'll win the tournament in no time!" the second fairy exclaims as...

> Both fairies lunge at you, fists at the ready.

> _

Skills:
Eidetic Memory: 5 - you remember
everything you've experienced at least once. Also governs learning and pattern recognition.
Brawling: 1 - you hit like the little girl you are. Governs attack power and difficulty, also physical strength and general fitness.
Martial Arts: 2 - you can chain together a few slaps in a sissy-fight. Governs technique, combination attacks, agility and spell resistance.
Callligraphy: 4 - your calligraphy skills are unmatched among the human population of Gensokyo, and you'd give many Youkai a run for their money. Also governs reading and writing.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Face, meet fist. This is Akyu Quest!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 02:41:13 PM »
> Let one of the fairies approach, dodge it's attack with a back-step or side-step, and start punching the fairy till it's like the one in the corner, unconcious.

Fightest

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 03:00:54 PM »
> The fairy you dodge crashes into the mat next to you and you start to flail at it as well as your noodley little arms allow you. You land a good hit, and the fairy lets out a groan.
> The other fairy takes this opportunity to nimbly zip behind you and give you a solid whack on the back of the head. Those brass knuckles hurt, but there's almost no force behind the attack.
> Move encountered: Nimble Shift. Complexity: 1. The user takes advantage of a moment's distraction to get behind their enemy. The follow-up is weakened due to the user's unstable centre of balance.
> You're seeing stars.
> _

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 03:10:06 PM »
> Add stripes to the stars

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 03:16:25 PM »
> Shake the stars off, punch the fairy that hit us from behind as hard as we can.
> Continue wailing on the fairy we were hitting before, but keeping track of the fairy that hit us as best as we can.
> "Foolish fairies..."

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 03:18:09 PM »
> "YOU JUST FUCKING PISSED ME OFF! AND I'M NOT VERY NICE WHEN FAIRIES DISTURB MY CALLIGRAPHY"!

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 03:39:59 PM »
> Quickly retrieve arms from safe

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Fightest

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 03:46:32 PM »
> Shake the stars off, punch the fairy that hit us from behind as hard as we can.

> You do not know how to do that. Despite the hit's weakness, you've never been hit that hard before in your life! (You do not know any recovery moves)
> You turn around and lash out at the fairy, catching her in the jaw. The fairy wails as she bites down on her tongue.

> Continue wailing on the fairy we were hitting before, but keeping track of the fairy that hit us as best as we can.

> You cannot perform that many things at once, there's too much going on to keep track of! (Current amount of actions that can be performed: 2, currently one in stock)

> "YOU JUST FUCKING PISSED ME OFF! AND I'M NOT VERY NICE WHEN FAIRIES DISTURB MY CALLIGRAPHY"!

> The fairies flinch visibly at your shout.
> Quickly retrieve arms from safe

> The family's prized weapons collection is on the other side of the house, it will be hard to get to with the two fairies attacking you.

theshirn

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 03:50:36 PM »
> Attempt to pilfer brass knuckles to strengthen noodle arms' damage

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Fightest

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 05:13:52 PM »
> You are not able to disarm the fairies whilst they're still flailing at you, but the one huddled in the corner seems to have been wearing some as well!
> You scuttle over and appropriate her brass knuckles.
> Weapon acquired: Brass Knuckles. Complexity: 1. A set of thick, metallic interlocking rings that fit onto one's fingers, these brass knuckles give one's swings a bit more bite. Unfortunately, due to them restricting the user to fists only, their ability to use more complicated techniques is slightly diminished.
> The fairy on the ground is helped up by her friend, who is still nursing her cheek.
> "Oh, we'll get you for that!"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 05:29:17 PM »
> "Come say that here you fucking mofo!"

theshirn

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 05:39:42 PM »
> Aggress

Fightest

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 05:54:32 PM »
> Seeing your intent, the fairies to each other, then split up into different directions. One picks up a long piece of wood that had been ripped from the window frame and was now lying on the ground, the other dives out the window and disappears out of sight.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 08:21:24 PM »
>Watch the faerie with the board, but don't ignore the window. Stay ready to get out of the way of the board, then sock her in the jaw.
>Let's try to intimidate her!
>"Do you have any idea how much stupidity I've had to deal with? Do you? Have you ever had to honesty deal with the likes of Remilia? Or Utsuho? Or Yukari? I mean honestly sit down and deal with them? Do you have any idea how long I've been dealing with that shit, not able to do a single thing?! Do you have any idea how much fun I'm going to have taking it out on your face!?"
>If she's not acted yet, move as though we're going to sock her one, but be ready to step back from that board.

Fightest

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 08:53:59 PM »
> The confident grin on the fairy's face grows larger and larger as you rattle off names.
> "Heh, I thought you were supposed to know about what's going on all the time, with your boring stories and accounts. Don't you know? Heaven's decreed a tournament. The winner's supposed to get something really awesome. Now yeah, some people are boring, and won't fight in the tourney, so they get immunity."
> You swear if the fairy grins any wider, the top of her head is going to pop off.
> "Thing is, by attacking a participant..." The fairy nods at her fallen comrade, "you've made yourself a participant as well. And it's a total elimination tournament. Now, I looked at the boards, those guys you mentioned are participants too. Even if you take me... Those guys are gonna come for you eventually. I'd like to see you eat those words when one of them shows up."
> The fairy hefts her board.
> "Not like it'll ever come to that."
> The fairy lunges at you suddenly, trying to get behind you, hoping that her monologue dropped your guard. However, you can easily track her movement - your Eidetic Memory tells you exactly how her Nimble Shift works. As she readies to hit you with the board, you dodge and sock her right in the kisser, sending her sprawling.
> You're starting to feel tired. You've never had this much exercise in... ever.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 08:55:29 PM »
> Rawr

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 09:01:10 PM »
>As long as she doesn't know it.
>"But in the meantime..."
>Grab the board with a free hand if its small enough. Try to hide taking a breath.
>"I get to work out so much frustration on your face~"
>Don't wheeze.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 09:09:22 PM »
> Add Quest: Roll every mook we come across

Fightest

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 09:13:23 PM »
> The fairy looks at you from her prone position. You've knocked loose some of her teeth, but she doesn't seem to want to give up yet, and grasps firmly to the board. It's an even match between you and her for control of that board.
> A ripping sound comes from behind you! The other fairy bursts through a paper screen and sends a punch straight to your kidney - she must have entered the house somewhere else and snuck through! Pain shoots through your body and your vision darkens. You don't know if you can take another hit like that.

> Add Quest: Roll every mook we come across

> Quest added.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 09:18:09 PM »
>Scream =[
>Try to use the overall backlash from the pain to help with wrenching the board out of the faerie's hands.
>If successful, try to use the force of that disarming to swing the board into the other faerie's face.

Fightest

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 09:52:50 PM »
> You succeed in wrenching the board out of the fairy's hands and, channeling strength you never knew you had, you smash it across the fairy's head, shattering the board into tiny pieces. The fairy gets flung to the side of the room, where she lays, breathing shallow breaths.
> The other fairy is busy trying to pick herself up.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 09:53:47 PM »
> Kick the fairy in the head before she gets up.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 10:00:29 PM »
>"Now...I'm very upset..."

mad

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 10:40:51 PM »
>Go for the throat
>Attempt to remove everything you can from fairy, hair, clothes, meaty bits...
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
>Go for the throat
>Attempt to remove everything you can from fairy, hair, clothes, meaty bits...

>None of this. We don't need to be getting mobs on us for unnecessary brutality.

theshirn

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 10:49:51 PM »
> Check for Loot
> Make sure the area is finally clear
> Obtain arms from safe

Fightest

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 10:57:53 PM »
> Kick the fairy in the head before she gets up.

> She gets up before you can aim a good kick. The both of you are winded as all hell, though your opponent is worse off than you - you would be laid out with a good punch, but she looks like she'd be dropped by a stiff breeze.

> Check for Loot
> Make sure the area is finally clear
> Obtain arms from safe

> One of the fairies is still standing, so no, the area is technically not clear.
> All three fairies are wearing leather jackets embroidered on the back with six blue stretched rhombi radiating symmetrically from the centre and each has a set of brass knuckles.
> You're still in a fight.

(Fightest's note: signing off for the night with this.)

theshirn

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 11:08:46 PM »
> FLYING HIEDA TACKLE

(copy it off of the fairy's charge)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:21:29 PM by theshim »

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2010, 07:55:52 AM »
>If tackle is successful, bareback pin (sit on chest, hold opppnents arms down with legs) and offer a chance to yield.
->If opponent does not yield, go to town.
>If tackle is unsuccessful roll away post-haste.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2010, 08:01:50 AM »
> Who needs arms from the safe when you can beat shit up with ARMS OF A FAIRY?!?