Author Topic: Touhou ANGRY RAGING SMASH SMASH Thread #6  (Read 162265 times)

Re: Touhou ANGRY RAGING SMASH SMASH Thread #6
« Reply #420 on: March 14, 2010, 12:32:45 AM »
and why do I always do worse whenever I try again after failing the previous run?

This is very common. You can't expect to play well when you're pissed about a previous run. At least I can't, cause I'll just derp more times earlier.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #421 on: March 14, 2010, 12:36:04 AM »
But the thing is, I'm not mad that I failed the previous run just as long as I didn't have to continue any earlier than stage 5... I'm always eager to try again, but somehow in just the span of 30 minutes, I lose all progress made...

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #422 on: March 14, 2010, 03:28:31 AM »
"Sylphae Horn High Level" 1 Death Timeout (the Death was at 6 seconds remaining). Initial Max Rank. Speaking of, it's no fun dodging this at a lower Rank; I've tried.

While this would've been alright, the problem is that the Rank drop made "Agni Radiance"... different. 3 Death timeout, followed by Alt+qq.

EDIT:
No, not because of Sylphae Horn High Level itself. Because of how many fucking times you are going to have to play through stage four - one of the most mindless, boring stages in the Windows series. Have fun!
Yeah, it is pretty mindless, I'll agree to that. At least ~*~The Books~*~ keeps me engaged to an extent.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 03:30:17 AM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #423 on: March 14, 2010, 02:25:26 PM »
Arrg! Why is Meiling so damn difficult in STB?

« Reply #424 on: March 14, 2010, 02:35:20 PM »
Tried MarisaB Lunatic on EoSD.

I game overed on Patchouli, and I didn't even have the 60,000,000 extend due to how much I was sucking. Also, crap there's spells from ReimuB's fight that I wouldn't be able to avoid either if I picked MarisaB, though she gets some easy ones. I died on Cirno again, failed stage 3 even more.

Then I started trying ReimuA runs for a bit and still kept dying to Cirno's opener or first spell. I haven't even captured that damn thing once yet. Still haven't figured out how to capture Meiling's midboss card again, so that's causing needless bombs/deaths too.

But the hitboxes. I hate these hitboxes.

« Reply #425 on: March 14, 2010, 03:10:50 PM »
Double Spoiler 9-7. Last shot. Would have had it, but the 'tilt' of the camera shifted the boss out of frame.

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #426 on: March 14, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »
This is very common. You can't expect to play well when you're pissed about a previous run. At least I can't, cause I'll just derp more times earlier.
This. I generally end my runs on game over and never continue, because if I do, I'll just play like total shit.

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
  • would you like some deathbomb
« Reply #427 on: March 14, 2010, 09:08:49 PM »
AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THINKS DS 9-7 ISN'T FUN AT ALL BUT A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT?

« Reply #428 on: March 14, 2010, 09:25:47 PM »
FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT

Correct.

ISN'T FUN AT ALL
Incorrect. 8)

Bananamatic

« Reply #429 on: March 14, 2010, 09:28:57 PM »
Incorrect. 8)
*brofist*

It is brutal rape, but FUN AS HELL :V

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
« Reply #430 on: March 14, 2010, 09:49:36 PM »
9-7 just makes me punch my keyboard :/

Any tip?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #431 on: March 14, 2010, 09:58:48 PM »
9-7 just makes me punch my keyboard :/

Any tip?

Don't get hit.

The only thing I'm particularly raging at is 6-3. No matter what I do, I get bean'd (I assume those big yellow bullets are beans).
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
« Reply #432 on: March 14, 2010, 10:00:18 PM »
Don't get hit.

The only thing I'm particularly raging at is 6-3. No matter what I do, I get bean'd (I assume those big yellow bullets are beans).

Keep your camera charged, spin around the beans as much as you can, then when you know you aren't gonna make it, shoot a photo. It's pretty easy.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #433 on: March 14, 2010, 11:40:43 PM »
So I managed to capture "Perfect Cherry Blossom of Sumizome -Deep Sleep-" (the Hard version). I then realized that I hadn't yet perfected Stage 6 Easy, but thought I could now, especially after having developed a streaming pattern to use on all difficulties of Yuyuko's fifth card.

I died again near the end of "Sumizome -Seal-".

Why in za warudo the world can't I fucking capture this card?!
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #434 on: March 15, 2010, 01:24:11 AM »
WTF ONI TAG TEAM.

AND I JUST READ WHAT 9-7 IS.

ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!  >:(
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 01:26:32 AM by Arcengal »
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #435 on: March 15, 2010, 06:28:47 AM »
The final pic of Border of Wave and Froghat (11-2) is total luckshit.

Edit: haha, captured it right after posting this.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #436 on: March 15, 2010, 07:30:09 AM »
I just spent 331 tries and a full hour to get 8-4.  That is possibly the worst card in the game.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Krimmydoodle

« Reply #437 on: March 15, 2010, 10:05:47 AM »
That is possibly the worst card in the game.

No, I'm pretty sure that honor goes to Iku Stars (10-4).

Edit: HA!  It worked!  Bitched about it in this thread, captured it right after.  I'll just pre-emptively bitch about the remaining 8 right now.  RAWR ANGER RAGE EVERYONE DIE IN A FIRE RAWR!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 10:08:01 AM by Krim »
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #438 on: March 15, 2010, 08:27:08 PM »
If I die to Lunatic Cirno again.  >:(

Hailstorm is a load of bullshit. Occasionally I'll die to the other stuff, but not as much. The most likely one after Hailstorm being the opener.

Then there's Stage 3 and Meiling to further ruin my game.

Stage 4, 5, and 6 stage parts are nothing compared to these. The bosses in those stages are another story though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #439 on: March 15, 2010, 08:29:03 PM »
No, I'm pretty sure that honor goes to Iku Stars (10-4).
That reminds me to ask; how the hell do you even do that card? I can't figure out how to get more then one picture on it because the stars are like ololololwall
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Krimmydoodle

« Reply #440 on: March 15, 2010, 09:00:50 PM »
Reference replay. 

The way the stars rotate, you want to dodge one wave on the left of the screen, then dodge the next on the right, then the left, right, etc.  If you follow the pattern, the passing stars will rotate toward Iku, allowing you (relatively) safe passage.  If you mess it up, the passing stars will rotate toward you, and wall you.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #441 on: March 15, 2010, 09:12:11 PM »
Double Spoiler for me so far:

Level 1: A bit easy, but it's just the start.
Level 2: Okay, now we're getting into the swing of things.
Level 3: Tough, yes, but lots of fun!
Level 4: This sorta thing reminds me why I stick to the other games on Normal mode.
Level 5: WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?!

I have no idea if I'll ever get any farther. It always comes down to dodging skills that I don't have.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #442 on: March 15, 2010, 09:18:07 PM »
Level 5 is the level where Double Spoiler decides you aren't a kid anymore.

Level 9 is exactly what it means.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #443 on: March 15, 2010, 09:24:51 PM »
Didn't rage but... oh wow.... Oh WOW.... how how how. I miss my shot, and then... wow.
I'm glad it's an easy card, I could've raged so hard.

And then the rage actually started. First I couldn't find my replay folder, searched on the web and turned out it was in AppData or something in my user folder. But apparently that doesn't exist.
So in my rage I decide to continue on 11-1 (replay I couldnt upload, failed twice on the last photo) and managed to turn my <40 attempts into an impressive 263 attempts.

RAGE WAS COMMITTED

« Reply #444 on: March 15, 2010, 09:25:16 PM »
Reference replay. 

The way the stars rotate, you want to dodge one wave on the left of the screen, then dodge the next on the right, then the left, right, etc.  If you follow the pattern, the passing stars will rotate toward Iku, allowing you (relatively) safe passage.  If you mess it up, the passing stars will rotate toward you, and wall you.

Read this and, after 5 minutes, captured it, having not reached even the second photo before.  :D Thanks a ton
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 09:28:58 PM by Sam the Onion »

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #445 on: March 15, 2010, 09:40:51 PM »
Didn't rage but... oh wow.... Oh WOW.... how how how. I miss my shot, and then... wow.
I'm glad it's an easy card, I could've raged so hard.

And then the rage actually started. First I couldn't find my replay folder, searched on the web and turned out it was in AppData or something in my user folder. But apparently that doesn't exist.
So in my rage I decide to continue on 11-1 (replay I couldnt upload, failed twice on the last photo) and managed to turn my <40 attempts into an impressive 263 attempts.

RAGE WAS COMMITTED
Got it now, observe the epic fail.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=7746

And wow, since when did I have >0,05% slowdown o.O Probably after taking pictures...

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #446 on: March 16, 2010, 01:29:01 AM »
9-7... That's when someone makes a terrible recollection of STB's 9-6, right?

The best thing that I've found to come out of this game is Flying Fantastica practice...

But I suck at everything past level 7... RAGEQUIT

Stage 5 was easy, though (5-2, not so much.)

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #447 on: March 16, 2010, 07:45:14 AM »
I've been pounding away at 8-6 for the last hour without luck. I think I might be doing something fundamentally wrong on it. And maybe I should give up trying to do the scenes in order.

Either way, there are so many things wrong with this card that even thinking about it makes me rage.

EDIT: I just looked at a youtube video. Yep, I was trying to brute force a puzzle card for a full hour. It looks stupidly easy using the solution, as opposed to the near impossible shit that I was trying to do...and nearly pulled off a couple of times.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 07:48:54 AM by Kefit »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #448 on: March 16, 2010, 09:09:26 AM »
Bah, still not fully confident in my ability to snap the last 3. Hence, coward tactics take place of actual impressive control (again):

I should probably learn the optimal distances as well; seeing such an off-center shot irks me.

Also, I figured out what's going on in 8-8, and the difference between a 250k shot, and a 750k shot. I was overlooking one, and only one thing. Excuse me while I go and attempt to plant my head into the brick wall a few dozen times for failing to notice such a simple thing.

And yes, still at 64 Scenes so
:kanakodwi:
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #449 on: March 16, 2010, 12:21:55 PM »
Good fucking gods UFO MarisaA sucks all that is ass. Mediocre damage when focused, shit damage with shit spread when unfocused, a terrible bomb, and her options, which are right in goddamn front of her, obscure the fucking bullets.