Author Topic: Himelander Mafia Thread (Over! Scum Win!)  (Read 71485 times)

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
Himelander Mafia Thread (Over! Scum Win!)
« on: February 10, 2010, 04:12:33 AM »
Himelander Mafia!

Obvious Rules

-Don't quote the mod.
-Play to win.
-Don't be lame.
-Post once a day at least.
-No extensions.
-No editing posts.
-No third parties this game.
-Scum can chat with each other anytime.
-I don't know what I'm going to do about replacements if it happens, but I will probably ragequit the game if there are too many.

Disclaimer: This is probably not the most balanced game of mafia ever but it should be fun anyways. It's certainly winnable for either faction.

READ THIS: Highlander Format Information

-Highlander Mafia takes the form of a series of duels! Each day, one player may ##Challenge another. The other player may not refuse. As soon as the ##Challenge is in, other players may beging ##Voting for their preferred victor (i.e. you are voting on who survives, not who loses.)

You will have 24 hours to initiate a challenge and 48 to resolve the duels. If no challenge is made within 24 hours, fighters will be randomly selected. Overtime duels will go into sudden death, and if they themselves take forever, bad things will happen.

-The winner of a duel gains a win, whilst the loser perishes.

-Dead people flip flavor roles; actual roles are hidden on flips in this game. Alignment is revealed, of course.

-Various roles may have restrictions on their timing. Role-holding players may forward actions to me with conditions in advance. Note that I will always uphold such conditions even if the game state changes for some reason, so be specific. This is really the only way to ensure your actions take place when you want them to, owing to the real-time nature of the game.

-Each day may also have a unique effect on the game, changing the rules or altering the game state in some fashion.

-Scum Victory: To win this game, Scum must claim five heads. That is, Scum must be victorious in five duels. Note that even if scum achieve numerical superiority over town, they will still lose if there are not enough townies left to kill. Note that in the event of a scum vs. scum duel, Scum will not claim a victory.

-Town Victory: Town win when it becomes impossible for Scum to win, whether by eliminating all of them or not having enough townies left alive for scum to claim victory. Yes, this means the entire town can die and still win.

-The game will end when either team claims a victory.

-It may not be obvious, so take note: Town will not be informed of LYLO, nor of how many kills the scum have made.

Rules clarification/patch: In the event that scum outnumber town, it will be assumed that scum automatically clean up the remaining townie heads and add them to their win total. This was sorta implied in the rules but not explicitly stated and there may be confusion with the 'games ends when someone wins' note, apologies.

the soul still burns in

2. Minagi Mikoto kitten4u likes cats can you tell
4. Kikukawa Yukino alice has a thing for tentacles
7. Yuuki Nao kiro climbed up the water spout
9. Okuzaki Akira roukanken epitomizes gender identification issues
10. Munakata Shiho kefit can strangle you with her hair
11. Fujino Shizuru uncertainkitten hates old people with passion
12. Alyssa Searrs jam-kiske's ion cannon is ready
16. Miyu Grear siralex was forced out the coolant tank

all sparkly now

13. Sanada Yukariko (pesco) was defeated by Kazahana Mashiro (bardiche) in The Battle of the Unexpected Motorist
14. Senou Aoi (kilga) was defeated by Miyu Grear (siralex) and Sugiura Midori(ciato) in The Battle of the Misplaced Bullet!
14. Kuga Natsuki (eviltom) was defeated by Miyu Grear (siralex) and Sugiura Midori(ciato) in The Battle of the Misplaced Bullet!
5. Sugiura Midori (ciato) was defeated by Munakata Shiho (kefit) in The Battle of the Unfortunate Crush!
1. Kazahana Mashiro (bard) exploded! Scum claimed .99 of a kill!
8. Himeno Fumi (Serp) was defeated by Fujino Shizuru (UK) in The Battle of the Twin Reapers!
6. Higurashi Akane (chaos) was defeated by Okuzaki Akira (rou) in The Battle of the Hot Sauce!
15. Harada Chie (cid) was blown up by an ATS missile battery!

Role PMs will be sent out over the next few hours, confirm in thread.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 11:07:52 AM by Carthrat »

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
Re: Himelander Mafia Thread (Pregame)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 05:09:54 AM »
That should be all roles out. For the love of god if you have questions ask me before the game starts.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 05:36:31 AM »
haaaaa~i
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Ranmilia

• Multiple Intelligencial Yggdrasil Unit
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 05:47:34 AM »
sudo confirm

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 05:48:30 AM »
Tokiha Mai was too hax for this game, and was therefore elevated to the position of co-mod.

Or something.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 05:53:05 AM »
Confirmed.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 05:59:14 AM »
I don't get to stalk Mai? :(  Oh well

/confirm
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 06:14:32 AM »
Confirmed.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 06:27:15 AM »
God called, I left Him voicemail.

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 06:28:39 AM »
Mai's not here so I've already won.

Also I have no idea how things work around here so I'll just do what everyone else is doing and say "confirmed" to confirm that I am indeed confirmed.

EvilTom

• Reimu is always welcome on /d/
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 07:08:34 AM »

I am awesome, let me win now plskthx.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 08:30:31 AM »
Confirmed. *lick*

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 10:15:28 AM »
Confirmed.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 11:28:21 AM »
Confirmed.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 05:12:31 PM »
Confirmed, but V/LA til tomorrow night assuming I can ever escape this snow :S. Don't have my normal axis but I can sorta check in from time to time if I must.

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 08:23:38 PM »
Confirmification.

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 03:00:24 PM »
Yup.
You are a sun goddess... you save me...~Hooray for you
And now the rain it comes the rain it blurs the grey line
The grey line
The Greyhound home

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 05:50:49 PM »
/loli confirm

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 09:46:43 PM »
Confirmed, Rat~ (sorry, sorry!)

I just realised, why's there an asterisk behind my line only? :(

It's a mark of SHAME. For being LAST.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 06:44:26 AM by Carthrat »

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
Re: Himelander Mafia Thread (Day 1)
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 06:42:19 AM »
They found her lying out the front of the library. It was a Friday. No wonder she hadn't turned up for work. With her throat smashed like that, there's no way she could have cheerfully greeted the customers with her cheerful greetings.

For most of the school, it was a tragedy. Who didn't like Mai? Who couldn't admire her determination? Who would do such a thing?

Sixteen people had some idea. Quite apart from a tragedy, Mai's death was a sign of one thing- the gauntlet being thrown down. Someone had decided to start the Festival, and it would not be finished until blood ran down the halls.

Whispers and sobbing echo through the halls and gardens of Fuka. How long until screams of rage and cries of agony accompanied them, disturbing the serene land?

The Hime Star is high in the sky! It is Round 1. There are no special effects. You have 24 hours to issue a challenge!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 08:02:12 PM by Sailor V »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 06:45:49 AM »
##Vote K4U and UK challenge for the ultimate catfight!

Question: If I lose a fight, will my special person also die? What if they're in the game?

Seriously though. I'm up for a quick challenge if there's any takers.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 11:02:14 AM »
Seems that the smartest play for the town in this game is to immediately vote to death anyone who has won in battle against a townie.  Without knowing the game's power roles or the numbers of the scum team, I'm not sure whether following this strategy would make it entirely impossible for scum to win, but it should at least make it a lot more difficult, as every head claimed by scum would be followed by a scum death.

The one who the town considers most scummy should be told to challenge the winner of the previous fight in the case of a townie's loss.  Refusing to do so is basically signing your own death warrant, as that's only a smart move from scum being told to challenge scum.

This leaves open the question of who will fight in the first battle (since in the likely case that the loser of the first battle is a townie, the winner will just be voted to death in the next fight), but I suppose I'll give you all a chance to poke holes in this idea before we settle that matter.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 12:19:54 PM »
The duels themselves are of little consequence. Scum certainly won't have enough members to keep challenging themselves to rack up the wins. By extension, they don't really have much voting power. It'll be fine to have town vs town matches to build up voting records for analysis.

So, who wants to fight me?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 12:26:29 PM »
Voting against a speedy challenge. I want everyone to weigh in before we jump into anything.

Serp's plan would work for me only if there was some way to be sure there were no more than four scum, because with five or more that strategy could very well hand them a victory.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 12:30:34 PM »
Since we're only allowed one challenge per 24 hours, we don't have time to faf around until near deadline like normal.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 12:35:17 PM »
Deadline's not as scary as normal in this game, given all it takes to get a challenge going is someone issuing one.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2010, 12:39:15 PM »
Let's fight then. The win conditions favour town greatly and scum need to take big risks to get their quota.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 01:11:46 PM »
Question: If I lose a fight, will my special person also die? What if they're in the game?
Why did you feel the need to say this in public rather than, y'know, PMing the GM? Softclaiming on the game's first post is sort of ridiculous.

I've spent a while trying to come up with tactics to give Town insta-wins. Things like 'Pick one player, pray they're Town, have them win every showdown' and 'Lynch the winner of the previous showdown every day'. I'm assuming Carth's taken on methods to make sure these tactics won't work, something like a kill power or a recruitment or something.

I think honestly the best thing we have running in our favour is this: If we end up having Townies fighting Townies, we can't lose.

Pesco seems to be trying very hard to get himself challenged. I don't know if I like that, given that Mafia are looking for way to throw themselves into fights without looking obvious.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 01:33:46 PM »
Who says I'm claiming? I think it might have been cool if Serp died too if UK lost a fight or maybe I die when you lose one.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2010, 02:14:10 PM »
Who says I'm claiming? I think it might have been cool if Serp died too if UK lost a fight or maybe I die when you lose one.
I fail to see how that's even remotely relevant if it isn't a claim. 'Hey gaiz, wouldn't it be cool if I was a lover?' :|