Author Topic: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition  (Read 153896 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition
« on: February 09, 2010, 05:10:50 AM »
You are WRIGGLE NIGHTBUG, Gensokyo's QUEEN OF ALL BUGS. You are a respected monarch and a formidable Martial Artist. You also have complete control of all bugs anywhere ever. You are however, no lawyer.

For your current situation, this is quite a bad sign. You're currently in the SHINIGAMI COURT LOBBY. You are defending CHEN YAKUMO, Gensokyo's adorable kitten, against the claims of murdering MEIRA IERUKAH, some bitch who tried to steal Reimu's shrine. Failure to get Chen acquitted could get her the death penalty. This is especially bad as Chen is currently trying to fix Gensokyo up, after it was torn apart. Her death could ruin -everything-.

As it stands, you're flailing against the testimony of MYSTIA LORELEI, The lamprey eel sparrow. You've called in CIRNO for a bit of moral support, but you can't possibly hope to pit her against MYSTIA'S TESTIMONY. In the end, you're currently stalling for time.

Your opponent is the musician turned lawyer LUNASA PRISMRIVER, Master of the AIR VIOLIN.

>Your inventory contains:
>Stylish as all hell Suit
You had this imported from China. Don't ask how.
>Lawyer's Badge
You borrowed this from Marisa, you're sure she won't mind.
>Kicking Boots
These boots were made for kicking, and that is just what they'll do.

>Your current quests are:
>CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNN!
Chen is in some trouble. You've got to help her out! You've agreed to be her lawyer.

Currently in the lobby is CHEN YAKUMO, and A FEW RANDOM SHINIGAMI GUARDS TO MAKE SURE YOU DON'T BAIL. This is probably the only free moment you'll have, you should probably make use of this fleeting moment for anything that can't be done in court.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 05:26:05 AM »
>Approach Chen.
>"Okay. We got a little time. I need all the details. Where you were, who saw you there, everything."

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 07:13:59 AM »
> When was there a character change? (Do I keep this as part of the Chen series?)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 07:15:08 AM »
> When was there a character change? (Do I keep this as part of the Chen series?)

Jest recently. And yeah, it's the same story.

Toasty

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 07:21:02 AM »
>discard all morals and seal off your heart. You ARE a lawyer, no?

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 09:02:40 AM »
>"Please answer me honestly, Chen. You didn't kill her, right? pleasesayno"

>Ask Chen ask first confrontation with Meira.

>So how did the apparently no explosive damage on Chen's clothes argument go? There was no response on it, yet it can pretty much proves that Chen was not the person being shot at! Also, I realise Wriggle never knew where Chen got her new clothes so...

>Ask Chen where she got new clothes.

>Ask Chen for opinions on the following possibilities:
>1. Mystia did it and framed you; and
>2. Marisa did it and framed you;

>Ask Chen to talk about after she got her new clothes and before she got her new cape. Just so Wriggle knows. Since Mystia testified that there was no cape, it is possible the impersonator must have not seen the cape and dressed up as Chen to frame her.

>We need to get Tewi here to ask her if anyone else got Reisen's clothes from her!

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 11:23:18 AM »
>Show Chen your Lawyer's Badge
>Make mental note to show your badge to everyone you meet.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 02:28:22 PM »
> "Oh god...Why me?"

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 04:42:04 PM »
> Ask some of the guards what happened to Shikieiki, and why Komachi of all people got promoted.
> Figure if it wasn't the Chen imposter who attacked first, but Meira. Meira might still be sore about the attack, and once she found 'Chen' she tried taking revenge. This back fired on her, discovering that the being wasn't Chen, and payed dearly for it. Whatever this imposter is (evil look-a-like or demonic shapeshifter), it gets a murderous edge once provoked. This may have something to do with the parasites. Perhaps their creator can make homunculi, or assemble the parasites to shapeshift into someone?

EDIT: Also, I think the Meira's sword was destroyed not because of Chen's own strength, but because of Nyamune's power. Chen couldn't have beaten her up with her claws so severely before finishing her. Chen doesn't have an ounce of strength to scratch and throw around someone like that. The dismemberment may have been possible for Chen though, thanks to Nyamune.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 04:45:16 PM by OkashiiNaito »

Chaore

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 08:42:30 PM »
Addressing first.

The change started around 30ish of the last thread. But only temporarily, its not an entirely new game, its kind of a game inside a game. Chen will be back in the main character seat after the trial. Its just a touch I decided to add since sitting through a trial as Chen would be boring. Count it with the rest of the series.

>Approach Chen.
>"Okay. We got a little time. I need all the details. Where you were, who saw you there, everything."

Chen nods. "Uhm... It has to be before the hair cut, and after the battle...so... After the battle I went to the SDM with Suika and Cirno, as I said. Cirno left and Suika and I went back to the shrine, after that I went to fight with Marisa. After I lost, I was in Sanae's pond, then came to check out Kourindou, then went to the SDM and got the knives to cut my hair."

So it has to be somewhere in there. This is a bit annoying, doesn't she remember exactly what happened an hour ago?

>discard all morals and seal off your heart. You ARE a lawyer, no?

You're a queen first. Just without the dresses.

>"Please answer me honestly, Chen. You didn't kill her, right? pleasesayno"

>Ask Chen ask first confrontation with Meira.

>So how did the apparently no explosive damage on Chen's clothes argument go? There was no response on it, yet it can pretty much proves that Chen was not the person being shot at! Also, I realise Wriggle never knew where Chen got her new clothes so...

>Ask Chen where she got new clothes.

>Ask Chen for opinions on the following possibilities:
>1. Mystia did it and framed you; and
>2. Marisa did it and framed you;

>Ask Chen to talk about after she got her new clothes and before she got her new cape. Just so Wriggle knows. Since Mystia testified that there was no cape, it is possible the impersonator must have not seen the cape and dressed up as Chen to frame her.

>We need to get Tewi here to ask her if anyone else got Reisen's clothes from her!

Chen shakes her head. "No... I haven't even seen her since the battle."

You ask Chen how the first confrontation went. She explains it in detail to you.

Damn it. She -did- have projectiles. Even if you can wave it away to them, you're lying and it can trip you up.

Unfortunately, you don't think the clothes argument can hold up. The damage on the trees seem a bit localized, so unless Chen actually got hit, it isn't unexpected there would be no damage.

You ask Chen, so she explains how Tewi gave her them, and how Sanae's miracle seems to have fixed them up after the Marisa fight.

Chen crosses her arms and thinks. "...Uhm, Marisa really hates me, but it isn't too likely. I mean, how would she move so quickly? And look like me, at that. I don't think Nyamune is too common, either...

Mystia is more likely, but her alibi is pretty tight..."

You have her relay what happened between the cape and new clothes periods.

You're not sure, even if Tewi did give them to someone else... Its TEWI. Do we really want her on the witness stand?

>Show Chen your Lawyer's Badge
>Make mental note to show your badge to everyone you meet.

You show off a bit.

> "Oh god...Why me?"

You lament out loud by mistake, Chen seems a bit disheartened.

> Ask some of the guards what happened to Shikieiki, and why Komachi of all people got promoted.
> Figure if it wasn't the Chen imposter who attacked first, but Meira. Meira might still be sore about the attack, and once she found 'Chen' she tried taking revenge. This back fired on her, discovering that the being wasn't Chen, and payed dearly for it. Whatever this imposter is (evil look-a-like or demonic shapeshifter), it gets a murderous edge once provoked. This may have something to do with the parasites. Perhaps their creator can make homunculi, or assemble the parasites to shapeshift into someone?

EDIT: Also, I think the Meira's sword was destroyed not because of Chen's own strength, but because of Nyamune's power. Chen couldn't have beaten her up with her claws so severely before finishing her. Chen doesn't have an ounce of strength to scratch and throw around someone like that. The dismemberment may have been possible for Chen though, thanks to Nyamune.

The guards are suspiciously quiet, or honestly don't know either.

You ponder the idea. Especially with the shape shifter... A second Chen would explain things, but would that mean she is being -watched-? Someone after her is bad enough, but someone who can see what she is up to? The idea is pretty frightening.

You'd be able to do that route if Nyamune has any signs of magical activity. Its pretty much a slab of metal given edge.

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 08:52:34 PM »
> If Chen had killed Meira as violently as described, then wouldn't there at least be some trace of blood on her clothes? Mystia explicitly said that she saw Chen wearing the same outfit as she does now (minus the cape) during the murder, and she couldn't really have gotten a new Reisen suit, could she?

> Make a mental note to bring this up when the trial resumes.

Chaore

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 08:57:02 PM »
> If Chen had killed Meira as violently as described, then wouldn't there at least be some trace of blood on her clothes? Mystia explicitly said that she saw Chen wearing the same outfit as she does now (minus the cape) during the murder, and she couldn't really have gotten a new Reisen suit, could she?

> Make a mental note to bring this up when the trial resumes.

You're going to have to prove that, pretty much.

Which means bringing in Tewi- And saying she didn't wash the outfit at all.

Its a good clincher, but you're fairly sure they're not going to completely discard Mystia's testimony over it. You're in Gensokyo, where there is a will, there is more than a few ways.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 09:47:19 PM »
Would it be possible to have a talk with Tewi having her go on the stand?

Chaore

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 11:11:19 PM »
Would it be possible to have a talk with Tewi having her go on the stand?

You're pretty sure you don't have the time to bring her here. The shinigami probably won't agree to fetch her for you if she isn't a witness.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 11:15:21 PM »
> Is it possible to eavesdrop at Mystia or Lunasa's quarters? Might give us some valuable info...

Chaore

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 11:20:34 PM »
> Is it possible to eavesdrop at Mystia or Lunasa's quarters? Might give us some valuable info...

If it were even possible for one side to listen to the other's conversations, you wouldn't be so freely asking about things that could give you away.

Well, no, you probably WOULD, but that is beside the matter. Needless to say, the Shinigami don't like foul play, so they claim.

You wonder if everyone is working against you, here...

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 11:27:53 PM »
> Wonder the chances of Meira lying to the court.

Chaore

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 11:29:19 PM »
> Wonder the chances of Meira lying to the court.

Given she IS currently dead, Probably 0%!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 11:41:15 PM »
> Examine surroundings for suspicious things.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 11:42:04 PM »
>Why won't Komachi just use the Yama Mirror GOD D:
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 11:45:54 PM »
> By the way, what I originally meant that Nyamune's sheer power broke Meira's sword is that it wasn't because of enchantments, but because Nyamune is forged from a far greater material, able to break most other swords. It could just be made from very powerful steel, or perhaps from a more mythic metal, like mythril, adamantium or orichalcum.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 12:33:11 AM »
> Um, we're in the place where the dead go to be judged. Why WOULDN'T Meira's ghost be allowed to testify about her own murder? Of course, she's the last person who would be glad to see Chen go free, but it appears what we need now is a testimony from someone who was actually there.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 12:38:41 AM »
>Ponder the possibility of calling in Sanae.
>Or Marisa, if things get really nasty...

Edit:

>Or perhaps getting affidavits from them.

Chaore

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 12:49:40 AM »
> Examine surroundings for suspicious things.

You glance around, but you don't find anything.

Really, they keep this place so uniform it is boring...

>Why won't Komachi just use the Yama Mirror GOD D:

She is up to something. That much you can tell.

> By the way, what I originally meant that Nyamune's sheer power broke Meira's sword is that it wasn't because of enchantments, but because Nyamune is forged from a far greater material, able to break most other swords. It could just be made from very powerful steel, or perhaps from a more mythic metal, like mythril, adamantium or orichalcum.

It'd be unprecedented, but it could be.

You have no good way offhand of proving that, though.

> Um, we're in the place where the dead go to be judged. Why WOULDN'T Meira's ghost be allowed to testify about her own murder? Of course, she's the last person who would be glad to see Chen go free, but it appears what we need now is a testimony from someone who was actually there.

Why hold a trial if you've got the ghost on hand? They could just tell you what was shaking.

Its obvious, whatever reason, they -can't- seem to just do this. Or they don't want to...

>Ponder the possibility of calling in Sanae.
>Or Marisa, if things get really nasty...

Edit:

>Or perhaps getting affidavits from them.

Calling in both of them may be possible, In Sanae's case it may be a bit more dangerous for her, in Marisa's case, a bit more dangerous for Chen...

Affidavits could be just as possible, honestly.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 01:31:03 AM »
>Ask Chen about finding Sanae, so they can get an affidavit from her.

Chaore

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 01:36:46 AM »
>Ask Chen about finding Sanae, so they can get an affidavit from her.

You ask Chen about finding Sanae.

You get that she is inside the Moriya Shrine's lake.

well. Hopefully they'll be able to get inside there...

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 01:51:53 AM »
> Call to the stand MEIRA'S GHOST
Wotters gonna' wot

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 01:53:16 AM »
>Relay that to the judge, and ask if they would kinda secure an affidavit since she probably can't come here physically.
>In particular, everything she can tell us about Chen's activities for the day. Times and durations, if they can be given, would be especially helpful.

Chaore

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2010, 02:17:07 AM »
> Call to the stand MEIRA'S GHOST

Silly Wriggle, Everyone knows that ghosts don't exist!

>Relay that to the judge, and ask if they would kinda secure an affidavit since she probably can't come here physically.
>In particular, everything she can tell us about Chen's activities for the day. Times and durations, if they can be given, would be especially helpful.

You get the Shinigami to relay that to Komachi. She approves of the action, and gets a few Shinigami out there to fetch the Affidavit.

This could turn out to be a miracle. COULD.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2010, 02:37:54 AM »
>Whats an affidavit >:

EDIT:God Wikipedia uses so many big words that I understand but they fit so many in one sentence that its just AUUUGH and I had to read the entire introduction before the information before I understood what it meant... which, actually, it might not be possible for me to understand anyway before I read at least that much but someone probably could an-

I'm ranting. Oops. *shuts up*

>WAIT FOR AFFIDAVIT, hope Sanae's goddess powers mean she's got enough info on our day (at minimun, for AFTER we met her) to assure the court that Chen couldn't have possibly gone to kill Meira.
>If it doesn't include times before we met Sanae, well... Suika should do for everything before that until Marisa starting murdering Chen.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 02:53:20 AM by NeoGenesis »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore