Author Topic: Danmakufu Syntax Highlighter for NotePad++  (Read 9381 times)

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
Danmakufu Syntax Highlighter for NotePad++
« on: February 03, 2010, 12:00:48 PM »
[18:52:57] <Naut> lb should release his danmakufu highlighter for notepad++ :V

Okay. Here go nuts with it.
Right-click and click Save Link or whatever the hell is similar for what browser you use.

Installation:
Warning: Following these steps will delete any other custom syntax highlighter you have

1.) Start -> Run...
2.) Type in "%APPDATA%\Notepad++". This will open a folder where Notepad++ stores stuff.
3.) Paste the userDefineLang.xml into the folder.
4.) Profit.

The keyword for opening a folder is { and closing one is }. They should show up as green or the folders won't open or close when they should. If they are not green, then they aren't opening/closing the folder correctly. Putting a space before it to separate it from a word should fix this.

Keywords like let, yield, break, return, loop, while, script_enemy_main, etc are blue. If it isn't blue, you have it misspelled.

Things with @ or # will be in bold. Spelling doesn't affect this.

Comments are lightish blue. Both // and /* */ comments work.

Strings are highlighted. " and ' both work.

Numbers are bold. But that hardly helps so ignore that. :V

Parentheses and square brackets are red. If you put the flashy vertical bar thingy that shows where you're typing (the name escapes me at the moment) next to it it will bold and enlarge it as well as the matching opening/closing bracket.

Files with the extension of .dnh will have this syntax highlighter automatically loaded when opened.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 12:06:21 PM by Blargel »
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Re: Danmakufu Syntax Highlighter for NotePad++
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 02:49:21 PM »
ilu lb
ilu lb
ilu lb

How do I set it so it'll automatically highlight everthing in .txt files?

Disregard, I should've just looked.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 03:00:12 PM by Naut »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 04:42:31 PM »
Added this thread to the tutorial thread as link for handy stuff.

Drake

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 05:02:16 PM »
notepad++++;

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 05:20:10 PM »
This is probably great to use, but it will surely break my default color scheme (dark background because I don't like when my eyes hurt from too much white :V) so chances are I won't use it.

N++ already has marking of opening/closing by default so I'm already fine for coding with regular text.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 05:27:22 PM »
To do:

Get this Notepad++
Get this Highlighter thing for Notepad++
Fail at Danmakufu

perfect!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 06:50:31 PM »
Make one for SciTE (so I can add it to the mountain of useless syntax highlighters I have)

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 07:15:05 PM »
Parentheses and square brackets are red. If you put the flashy vertical bar thingy that shows where you're typing (the name escapes me at the moment) next to it it will bold and enlarge it as well as the matching opening/closing bracket.

Is there any way to get the {} brackets to do this as well, without changing the syntax highlighter itself?
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 07:18:03 PM »
Well the default Normal Text highlighter did it, and I admit I miss it.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 03:30:49 AM »
Is there any way to get the {} brackets to do this as well, without changing the syntax highlighter itself?

Unfortunately, using the {} brackets as the keywords to open or close folders doesn't let me use them as operators at the same time. If i add them as operators, it overrides them as folder keywords and folders become nonexistent.

EDIT: Trying to improve upon the syntax highlighter. Unfortunately, it really is impossible to use {} brackets as both operators for the enlarging effect AND as folder markers. I'm now trying to add an auto-complete/function parameter hint definition file into NotePad++ too so we'll see how that goes.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 08:23:31 AM by Blargel »
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.