Author Topic: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Game Over  (Read 69400 times)

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
Re: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Day 4
« Reply #600 on: January 25, 2010, 04:49:25 PM »
This post is enough evidence for me to think Jam is town, unless you can convince me that newbscum would bus a teammate when the case against that teammate was on a low swing.

It's a huge plus in Jam's favor, and I have seen literally nothing that could be seen as scummy behavior from her.
Actually, I'd say that after Chaore's post saying that "yeah my case on UD is kinda weak but I'm still voting him to save myself" that caused Rat's vote for him, Chaore was kind of a sitting duck. In any order, Jam was fifth on the wagon. It's a point in her favour, yeah. But the problem is that most of us have seen nothing from her since. The problem is, is she yet ANOTHER worthless Townie or Scum? I'm leaning Town, but a good chunk of that's from all of the previous failures we've had >_>

@Kerigis: not a contradiction, just a restatement of the same thing. What are you going on about?

Ninja by...Jam! Posting...actually useful content! Huh, interesting points on Carthrat. Need to give him a reread. Blah.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #601 on: January 25, 2010, 05:23:59 PM »
Snipping at others being calling Chaore out on some of his bullshit, and calling Kanako scum. K right. And then more one liners stating your vague approval of a case, this time mine. Yay.

I do believe that you people are confusing Inactivity with (Active) Lurking. The former is scummy because it's posting just enough (crap) that you look active, but you're really not actually doing anything, while Inactivity isn't posting at all for a while, and it's anti-town because no one can actually get a read on you. Voting JUST for the latter about an hour into the day(because you're giving her a lot of time to start producing, M I RITE?) is lazy and is an easy place to park your vote. Carth's vote actually has some reasoning beyond the whole inactive thing, albeit it's sorta...

This appeared in the reread of day 3, is worth a remention-
Quote from: Rou
The only Jam post I remember is 353, where she decides 'scumhunting' = 'giving vague suspicions of four different people'. This however reduced to suspicions of Nietz, Kanako, and (interestingly) Serp.
UK was in that post too and she was kinda oscillating on her, but with Serp's flip in hand and the rest of her posting being insanely lackluster, I'm seeing no way to conclude that Jam is town and every way to conclude that she's scum. Hell, even if I take the lurking as entirely null, I still want her lynched.

yeah. I think he's saying that all the people she named are "town"(3 confirmed & dead, and UK), so she must be scum. Correct me if I'm wrong, Carth. Actually, clarify the whole thing, because I really don't get it.

Still better than "Jam only said 1 thing on Day 3, and it's an hour into Day 4. I'm not considering any of her other actions. VOAT JAM"

Also, if you find me the most scummy active player, compared to an inactive person that you've only attacked for being inactive, why the hell aren't you voting me?

Hi Jam. Decent point on Carth though. It'll be nice if Tom answers your question too. Alice thing is meh.

I would get to a re-read of people, but I should be studying.
...Which means I'll get distracted in 5 minutes, and stop.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #602 on: January 25, 2010, 05:33:40 PM »
I think it's silly to say that someone is scum because they've voted for now confirmed due to death town as that's been well.. basically everyone. The closest thing to a tell would  have to be the people who jumped on at the end, and I don't believe that's been the case for me entirely as I was the fifth to vote for both Chaore and Nietz which is fairly nice in the middle...

However, looking back at the vote counts, I've noticed that Tom was the first to vote for Nietz, now confirmed town, and the 2nd to last to vote for Chaore, who we know is scum. This along with what I've stated previously leads me to still be most suspicious of him for the time being.
##Vote EvilTom

As for Alice, I'm finding it really hard to find anything overly suspicious from what I went back and read.. I suppose I can't help but be slightly paranoid though as it seems clear that whoever the scum is, they know what they're doing... so I'll have to keep an eye on him anyway...

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #603 on: January 25, 2010, 05:53:47 PM »
However, looking back at the vote counts, I've noticed that Tom was the first to vote for Nietz, now confirmed town, and the 2nd to last to vote for Chaore, who we know is scum. This along with what I've stated previously leads me to still be most suspicious of him for the time being.
##Vote EvilTom
Mind you, DREAD THOMAS was on Nietz's case as early as D1, so that makes me slightly less suspicious of his early D2 vote of Nietz.

Want to see a post from Excal. Enough things bother me about him that I really want to see some contributions from him, ideally soon.

UK's opening post of this day worries me quite a bit as well. Why include Excal in that list? He's only been around for one day, and before that we have quite a bit on Arashi. Why even mention Myself/Carth/Excal as a Scumteam option with no reasoning behind it? I don't like the WELP LET'S GO AND VOTE SODIUM thing either. At the same time, it doesn't make any goddamn sense for UK to be Scum in this game. Blargh.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #604 on: January 25, 2010, 06:28:26 PM »
Kilga yelled at me to do something so here I am.

Day 4 Vote Count

Sodium (2): UncertainKitten, Kerigis
Jam-Kiske (2): EvilTom, Carthrat
Alice Margatroid (1): Edible
EvilTom (2): Sodium, Jam-Kiske

No vote cast: Alice Margatroid, Excal

9 alive, 5 votes to lynch. There's some large amount of time that I can't be arsed to figure out left.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #605 on: January 25, 2010, 07:15:41 PM »
UK's opening post of this day worries me quite a bit as well. Why include Excal in that list? He's only been around for one day, and before that we have quite a bit on Arashi. Why even mention Myself/Carth/Excal as a Scumteam option with no reasoning behind it? I don't like the WELP LET'S GO AND VOTE SODIUM thing either. At the same time, it doesn't make any goddamn sense for UK to be Scum in this game. Blargh.

It's a pet theory I have no proof for. It's completely feeling based, hence why I'm not pursuing it when I already have a half decent case on Sodium. I am, however, going to read you all in iso this evening after I've dealt with all the stuff I have to do today. I don't really have a contiguous hour until around 7:00 EST.

« Reply #606 on: January 25, 2010, 07:41:49 PM »
Hey all.  Sorry for the huge ass delay in posting, Kilga just caught me right before a very busy weekend.  But, I'm now good until the end of the week at the least.  Annoyingly, I had some material on Serp since I was researching him back on Friday.  That's all kinda useless now though.

So, yeah.  I know this'll look like a worthless little placeholder, but I still need to do in depth reads on...  well, it's almost viable to do it on everyone now, though Edible will be getting a pass, and probably UK too.  Will be posting thoughts as I go along so that you can all see I'm actually following through.

« Reply #607 on: January 25, 2010, 08:36:54 PM »
Ok, so here's how this exercise is going to work.  This post, and the ones after it are basically going to be me reading through every post a given person has made, now that I have a rough context.  I'll try and chug all these specifics and get something out of 'em.  I'll even give you guys a summary post afterwards, likely with a vote even!  Who knows, it may even be insightful, though I'm not expecting that until after the perspective change of a few beers and a night's sleep.  But, since this blathering adds nothing else, let's move on to the good stuff!

Since everyone loves, Magical Thomas
His posts can come first, cause I got no compass.

First thing notable on him is harping on the edit thing, which seems odd, but not inherently scummy.  Just...  wondering why he wasted the words.

Wow. Nietz man. My scumdar just started ringing like crazy.

I forced him to take action, and what does he finally do? Jump on the easy Chaore bandwagon of course.

He gives reason to vote Kanako, then says "But Chaore has more votes, so I'll vote him!" What the fuck.

Sure Chaore looks bad, but it looks as much like flailing town as anything to me (especially with Tewi's assaults etc.) but bandwagoning looks even worse, especially when you list reason to vote x then say 'but y is worse! I'll vote y!'.

There's no way this major slip-up can be ignored.

##Vote Neitz

This is a little bit more interesting.  Tom jumps on Nietz for...  voting Chaos?  It sounds like he's jumping on Nietz for providing a case on one and not the other and then ignoring the case for the easy lynch.  Except that the easy lynch in this case is scum.  And, more to the point, if you read Nietz' quote, you'll notice that he doesn't really offer a case for either lynch, but he does express more concern over Chaos than Kanako.

In fact, rereading his other notable post on Day 1, he also chides Kanako for attacking Chaos first, and on grounds which others had already covered.  Then Chaos claims third party, and the vote is swift.

Day 2 starts with Tom calling Nietz out, again.  This time a charge of lurking is tossed onto following the easy lynch on the now confirmed Scum.  Double checking the vote totals, looks like Nietz is the first person to join after Chaos starts thrashing, so I guess easy train might be a possible charge, but it's still third person on the scum train after it got restarted.  This is followed up with another post, wherein we get the gem

Chaore is already doomed by this point, but he still makes a show of input, jumping on the Chaore train for town cred but leaving open the option of switching to a Kanako train (in case his scumbuddy gets off the hook somehow).
This also leaves Kanako open as a fallback case.

Except, that Chaos wasn't necessarily dead at that point.  End of the day vote tallies have Kanako at 2 votes, and Chaos at 5 when Nietz made his vote.  And two of those votes were stale start of day votes from people who went AWOL after making them.  If there was really going to be a scum effort to save Chaos, one might have been made to push onto Kanako.

His only post of note on Day 4 is notable for having content on more than whoever it is he's targetting.  Something he hasn't done since his first post of content on Day 1.  Well, outside of his two minor posts on Serp in Day 3.  Day 1/2 are mostly devoted solely to Nietz, as well as Day 3 being one big post on UK, which he never touches again, and minor posts with a couple of questions for Serp, and a note on Zirakis.

Hmm...  definately some weird notes with Chaos in that his only mention of the guy ever is to attack the people who are attacking him, in one case because they did attack him, as well as the tunneling.  However, gets a bit of a pass on his dedication to the UK lynch due to apparently not being around between when day ended and the Serp train started.

« Reply #608 on: January 25, 2010, 09:37:49 PM »
Second comes Sodium, because I'm gonna need me some salt to get through the rest of this.

Well, his Day 1 posts convince me that I hate his startgame Meta.  But it comes across more as an honest difference of opinion and not as deliberately misleading advice.  That, and I like his arguments.  Once he gets past the basic meta, his Day 1 posts look to be logical, concise, and actively looking for inconsistancies.

And this...  kinda continues all the way through.  There isn't really a point where I disagree with his logic, or feel that he isn't actively appraising every person.  In fact, my only problem with him comes on Day 4 when he posted all of the stuff I noticed about Tom before I did, with even more insight than I mustered.  ;_;

Darn you, Sodium!  Darn you to Heck!!!

##Vain Fistshaking: Sodium

« Reply #609 on: January 25, 2010, 10:14:28 PM »
So, Kerigis, or Mr. Crocker as I recall him.

He's also the guy I have the hardest time remembering is in the game of those remaining, which is kinda odd since I actually have some idea who he is.  Just, seems to be under the radar, which worries me off the bat.

Day 1 starts with his focus on UK, though he does mention Chaos among three people, but justifies not voting for him.  And his Day 2 record...  still the focus on UK, though with roughly the same reasoning for Nietz as Tom had.  At least he acknowledges Nietz had options better than Tom did, but still similar.

Could be that I'm just starting to overload myself, but his Day 3 stuff is generally solid observational stuff, nothing too stand out or insightful though.  Day 4...

Ok, I'll bite.  I can see why you'd dismiss UK's claim (in fact, looking back on it, if it is a lie then she'd have some possibly meta-busting coaching to fall back on), and Sodium does in fact look bad if he pulled a last minute save for a fellow scum (and it would allow for a nice pattern with Day 1/2).

But, I am curious as to why you're holding UK voting for Serp against her given it was her neck on the block if she did not vote for him.  At the time, Serp was the only viable candidate to beat her to the lynch, and lynching someone without an important and verifiable role is always better than lynching yourself.

Anyways, just noticed I managed to (entirely accidentally, do two of the people getting votes entirely by accident, so I'll skip ahead to the other two, and rush into getting into the race.)

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #610 on: January 25, 2010, 11:23:42 PM »
* Uncertain Mikeneko Rock sighs.

Make that reread more like 8:00 PM EST. Stuff didn't thaw as fast as I hoped.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #611 on: January 26, 2010, 01:15:47 AM »
So, now I'm theoretically free. Let me get a drink and I'll iso Alice.

« Reply #612 on: January 26, 2010, 01:21:05 AM »
Alright, giving Alice a once over, the first thing I note is that Alice's posts are super ultra long.  Annoying, as it means there's a lot of material to read, but at least it's all mildly relevant material to read.  That said, a few things noticed.  In my first read through, Alice jumped off of Chaos' train as soon as it looked like things might be moving elsewhere.  However, what I didn't notice was the text Alice used when going onto Chaos.

The first vote came after two edits both lambasting Chaos for the kinds of mistakes that eventually got him hung, and the second edit got a Screw This Vote Chaos tossed in.

A follow-up post goes like so

I'm also not a fan of "whee Chaore-bandwagon-smash", either. Starting to wonder if my opinion of you as "(mostly) harmless idiot" is a bit premature (i.e. yes it is), though it really is your only option now as there are now two clearly-defined bandwagons on D1 and you're one of them, so this move is hardly all that surprising.

The neat thing about this post is that it doesn't just degrade Chaos from "definately" scum which he is in Alice's megapost, but it also gives him pointers on how to play off the mistakes he had been making up to that point.

Now, I know what you're all going to say.  But Excal, if Alice is scum, then why did he not just tell Chaos all of this in scum chat (I am assuming constant communication as I have never seen a game that lacks it)?  To which the answer is, take a look at how that original vote is snapped out in a fit of impatience.  This could very well be the vote and argument of someone who wishes to save a fellow scum who either does not believe he can be bussed, so who cannot control himself such as to be useful.  Also, the timing for the unvote is right after Alice and Chaos finish their little heart to heart, whereupon he's cleared as safe. 

The next bit I find interesting is Day 3.  Throughout the game, Alice has been keeping up a background patter on UK, including a thread on Day 2 solely devoted to her.  But swings the vote to Serpentarius instead.

Granted, there's some issues with assuming this, as if UK is scum I'm not sure I can believe that both of the people tied to her by this are scum, since scum being the deciding vote on a last second train started to save one of their own seems unlikely.

I will note that Day 4 does bring up one thing that I was curious about.  Namely, as to why Rat/Alice did not enquire about the Dayvig on Day flipping 2?  We have the possibility of a second lynch each day, and it's never brought up?  Seriously?  And yes, those are the only two that's even remotely a tell for since I'm only figuring those two to be knowledgable enough in the finer tactics of the game to realise how awesome multiple dayvig is.

Overall impression.  Neutral with a slight anti-town leaning.  Though, like with Rat, this is less about the majority of the posts, and more about undercurrents or one or two major slips, and undercurrents only show up on the third or fourth read at the earliest.  And just this one made my brain want to flee.  >_>

Sigh...  one last note, the thing that's really keeping me neutral is the agonizing over UK.  It...  well...  Alice, if you're scum, then bra-ruddy-vo on some fine acting there.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #613 on: January 26, 2010, 02:18:50 AM »
Let's take a look at Alice!:

this is Alice's first content post. And DEAR GOD THE CONTENT :S! The discussion of UK/UD actually feels a little weirder now. It's basically "so?" You spent a whole paragraph saying my "backpedal" was weird. It didn't really have a point though, since you didn't find me suspect for it, and overall it wasn't even scummy. Why did you pad your post like that? The points on Zakeri and Pesco, while long winded, are rather relevant to the game.

The paragraph on Chaore is...alright. It doesn't say as much as I'd like it to with that much text. Also, putting him as second suspect at this point doesn't look as good. The next paragraph on Arashi is practically coaching. Then again, the part about Sodium looks a bit like that as well, and Alice has been attacking him all game. The paragraph on Kanako is also alright, but was also correct so...yeah.

Overall, the end result of a vote on Chaore actually speaks well for Alice, and while there were a lot of unnecessary words [/hypocrisy], the points are still relatively clear. I'm slightly worried about the apparently Arashi coaching though.

Next post is decent.

Nothing wrong with next post...

this post clarifies why a paragraph was wasted on "Did you see UK do that? Why did UK do that? UK backing off the wagon can't really say much about here alignment. Why did UK do that?"

Next post is fine, as well as EBWOP

this reads as a lot of words on theory discussion and reiterating one request. It's fair, but could have been more succinct [/hypocrisy]

Next post is fine.

As is next.

OH GOD I'M FINALLY ON PAGE EIGHT!

see, there is the obvious problem with this post of trying to derail flipped scum but...the case on Sodium put forth IS rather decent, so it's probably more null than normal.

this meandering post has two interesting things. One, it pokes me for not finding fault with Sodium...WHEN I NEVER ANALYZED HIM, and two, it is a vote for Kanako which IIRC was considered a potential swing wagon. Granted, since I did the same thing and I know I'm town, it's not as much a tell to me. But it's food for thought.

this post's first half seriously bugs me. It's more "I suspect Arashi but I'm probably wrong". this does not sit well with me, since it's the second time it's happened in favor of "better" suspects. You know, like Nietz. And, admitted, Chaore, who was dropped later that day though.

What's also odd is you are basically accusing him of something you did, regarding Kanako. Then again, in this analysis I haven't been above that myself. Not sure how to read this. Serp DID flip town.

overall, the post is solid, but has several unsettling points given the latest flips.

Next post is reasonably townie actually. Even if he knew my alignment (if he were scum), why would he defend me like that?

Honestly, this bugs me too. It's the same thing with Arashi. "I suspect you, but I'm not going to vote you". Which, in turn, throws my idea that Arashi and Alice are scum together into a bit more flux. I could almost see Alice scum tying to two townies subtly to cause shit to fall apart if/when he flips. Alternatively, he could be tying to a townie and a scum, hoping the townie gets lynched first after him so that people assume the scumbuddy is town. There's a lot of play here, and I REALLY don't like it.

Next post is more of the same "Could be scum but let's lynch this (town) target first." Then again, that only works if I'm scum which I'm not. ARGH, dammit Alice :S.

Notable IS a little misrep since I ISO'd Kanako to read the posts I had previously skimmed, and this should have been obvious.

Next four posts seem fine...

this I dislike. Just as some of the other posts after that statement, I get a rather interesting misrep as if I had actually voted myself, when I had not. Most of the players know that if I WERE going to do it, I WOULD HAVE.

Why did you say that, Alice?

Next two posts seem fine

Of a side note, Arashi very blatantly says this:

Quote from: Arashi
Alice is still the most Towny Pro-Town Townie to ever Town (on the very small chance he's not, he's doing a damned good job of faking it). Vig means Edible is confirmed Town.

I swear I'm getting something here...I think after this, though likely tomorrow morning, I want to reread Arashi/Excal. I almost want their flip anyway, but we are cutting it too close to be wrong at this point, assuming 4 scum.

Anyway, the next few posts Alice makes after that seem decent.

All page 18 posts check out fine, consistent, etc. Considering I basically agreed with the case on Serp I don't see it as illogical...

this post bothers me for one reason. It completely avoids giving Alice the swing vote. Why would Alice want to avoid that, I wonder? I would think town Alice is more likely to put a placeholder vote on Serpy and do your reread as opposed to just put your cases out there and hope someone else makes the swing. But why would Alice want to avoid making the swing? This would assume Sodium is scum with Alice, which is kinda stupid...not sure what to make of this.

Most of the next post is fine, but this leaps out to me

Quote from: Alice
Interestingly, while going over this reread I've become extremely unnerved of Arashi: in post#467 she attempts to tie herself to me a bit, and despite offering more showing that Sodium is Scummy, votes UK principally because UK has more posts! This is kind of...backwards, really. I've already summarized my opinion of her D1 posts, and in general there's just something that unnerves me about her a lot. I'm going to have to keep a very close eye on Excal once he finally starts posting.

This either starts to put paid to my Alice/Arashi theory, or Alice was rather sensitive of the building climate. Don't forget that Alice did a reread so he'd be noticing what was happening and who he was tied to as scum.

As mentioned, this is a "Why the fuck are you asking? How does this help town?"

It's not a very strong tell IMO though...

I don't understand Alice's fatalism. You aren't incredibly likely to be lynched...

this post touches on some WIFOM, even if Alice admits it. Also, the thinking Sodium is not quite scum because I look bad also bothers me. That crazy Alice/Sodium pair may not be so crazy, as it seems that Alice is pretty good at only voting Sodium where it isn't likely to get out of hand.

this poke of me bothers me a bit. You admit both that I have no reasoning to back up my theoretical scumteam, but you then go on to say that my vote on Sodium, which is rather OBVIOUSLY telegraphed is weird and unreasoned?

What the fuck Alice?

Either way, Alice is potentially scum, but this is actually more based on Arashi/Excal's flip, so I'll need to reread them tomorrow.

Stuff I haven't really replied to yet:

Quote from: Excal
I will note that Day 4 does bring up one thing that I was curious about.  Namely, as to why Rat/Alice did not enquire about the Dayvig on Day flipping 2?  We have the possibility of a second lynch each day, and it's never brought up?  Seriously?  And yes, those are the only two that's even remotely a tell for since I'm only figuring those two to be knowledgable enough in the finer tactics of the game to realise how awesome multiple dayvig is.

Except most people would assume a dayvig is one shot. At least around here. And it doesn't take a fucking rocket scientist to realize that a multiple dayvig is INCREDIBLY good for town. I'm mildly pissed at the condescension here, but more interested in why you assume this is at all a tell?

At any rate, Excal's wall on Alice is interesting indeed. Leaves a lot of wiggle room were Alice to be lynched.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #614 on: January 26, 2010, 02:57:31 AM »
@UK: I'm not sure why you're so up in arms over me mentioning I suspect Arashi and not following through with it: my suspicion on her is pretty much wholely due to a gut read that I got on D1, combined with her early posts D1 that were garbage + a wagon hop, and has persisted since, despite posts moving up to quite acceptable (though combined with some bizarre attempts to link self to me). I go by solid evidence: my gut is notoriously unreliable. Needless to say though, I do mention it anyway, because there's enough to warrant suspicion. And no, it's not a misrep: why did you even feel the need to mention that you'd vote yourself? It's AtE, it's pointless and it doesn't add to the game. Also, I don't do placeholder votes (see me bitching out Kanako for doing that at the start of D2, for instance), especially when I had quite a bit of doubt that Serp was Scum - in case you couldn't infer from the post wherein I actually wound up voting Serp.

I'm starting to get extremely worried. I'd seriously have voted Sodium a longass time ago - he's quite horrible. So was Nietz, and Kanako, and Serp. They all flipped Town. Assuming 4 Scum, which makes sense for a game this size, and if we mess up then tomorrow is LYLO. So I really have no idea what to do, other than read everyone again in isolation, then reread the entire game thread, and hope I don't mess up again.

Curiously, Excal's posts have all but confirmed him as Town to me, which doesn't make any sense considering he replaced someone who I thought was Scum to some extent for most of the game but had no evidence to really go off of.

Argh. I hate you all.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #615 on: January 26, 2010, 03:00:35 AM »
EBWOP: @Excal: vigs on this site have literally always been 1-shot, to the point where a multiple-use vig didn't even occur to me until D4, and it actually surprised me quite a bit, and in the end...it turned out to be 1-shot anyway. Why would you even assume that one of myself or Carthrat should assume multi-vig, anyway?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #616 on: January 26, 2010, 03:02:10 AM »
And no, it's not a misrep: why did you even feel the need to mention that you'd vote yourself? It's AtE, it's pointless and it doesn't add to the game.

You didn't ask that. You asked why I'd vote myself. Not "Why would you say that". Subtle difference.

I'm starting to get extremely worried. I'd seriously have voted Sodium a longass time ago - he's quite horrible. So was Nietz, and Kanako, and Serp. They all flipped Town. Assuming 4 Scum, which makes sense for a game this size, and if we mess up then tomorrow is LYLO. So I really have no idea what to do, other than read everyone again in isolation, then reread the entire game thread, and hope I don't mess up again.

At the very least you know how I feel.

Re:Arashi. It's not the fact you suspect her and "follow through" later. You actually never follow through as far as I could see. You never vote her, just slowly increase your suspicion of her, and even then do it so SOFTLY it's almost coaching. You only change your tune once she makes that stupid "towniest of protowness" statement.

Curiously, Excal's posts have all but confirmed him as Town to me, which doesn't make any sense considering he replaced someone who I thought was Scum to some extent for most of the game but had no evidence to really go off of.

Why? I...don't really understand this leap of logic at all.

EBWOP: @Excal: vigs on this site have literally always been 1-shot, to the point where a multiple-use vig didn't even occur to me until D4, and it actually surprised me quite a bit, and in the end...it turned out to be 1-shot anyway. Why would you even assume that one of myself or Carthrat should assume multi-vig, anyway?

gj parroting.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #617 on: January 26, 2010, 03:32:51 AM »
You didn't ask that. You asked why I'd vote myself. Not "Why would you say that". Subtle difference.
I'm wondering why this even matters, but you saying it made me wonder why you'd actually consider going through with that.

Quote from: UncertainKitten
Re:Arashi. It's not the fact you suspect her and "follow through" later. You actually never follow through as far as I could see. You never vote her, just slowly increase your suspicion of her, and even then do it so SOFTLY it's almost coaching. You only change your tune once she makes that stupid "towniest of protowness" statement.
What follow-through? I'd follow through if I managed to collect some evidence. Unfortunately, there was enough to create just enough lingering suspicion, but nothing that was enough to confirm that she was Scum to me.

Quote from: UncertainKitten
Why? I...don't really understand this leap of logic at all.
The way he builds his case on Rou means that he's either a really good actor, or he really is interpreting Rou's votes with him being Town. This, combined with both him AND Arashi voting for Rou...Arashi voting for Rou even AFTER I explained why Rou pretty much can't be Scum (i.e. competing wagon to A Scum on D1), makes very little to no sense as Scum, Scum would just want a Townie, any Townie to be lynched, and I don't think anyone else was really prepared to vote for Roukanken at this point in time. Combined with nothing wrong in the above walls except for the extremely blatant congratulation at Sodium for Sodium's content (which, as I've stated numerous times during this game, is lifted from other players), I'm fairly sure he's Town.

The Sodium congratulating isn't even really a point against him: if Sodium is Scum, especially considering there's a nontrivial chance of him getting lynched today, this is horribly blatant Scum congratulating Scum in the thread, and if he's Town, then Excal-Scum still doesn't have much to gain from this - it's just too overt. Either he's trying for over-the-top refuge in audacity, or he actually is a Townie who is saying dumb things.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #618 on: January 26, 2010, 03:42:04 AM »
I'm wondering why this even matters, but you saying it made me wonder why you'd actually consider going through with that.

Except I wouldn't, or I would have. But whatever.

What follow-through? I'd follow through if I managed to collect some evidence. Unfortunately, there was enough to create just enough lingering suspicion, but nothing that was enough to confirm that she was Scum to me.

It's still an easy way to not bus a buddy but keep them distanced enough so you don't go down with them.

I'll reread Excal/Arashi and decide for myself, but this makes more sense.

« Reply #619 on: January 26, 2010, 05:45:59 AM »
If it's lifted from other people, then I suspect I'll notice that when I get to them.  I'll admit that one of the huge flaws of my method when I'm coming into the middle of the game is that the people I dredge first tend to get a bit more credit for orginality than they may be due.  That said, until I see this, I still like the individual posts.  That said, now that I've had time to check out UK's roleclaim, I'm slightly more tempted to not accept that the meta states she has to be town, and without that Sodium also looks worse, since a lot of what made his Day 3 charge look good to me was the fact that he couldn't have distracted everyone from a scum lynch.

As for the Dayvig thing.  Over on the DL it's a very rarely used role, so much so that the few times I've seen it its been multi-use more often than not.  I suspect that might be a large part of why it's a persona non grata role.  As for why I named the two people I did, I was mostly just grabbing names off of what I consider to be the top tier of players I've come across, which would be Alex, Rat, Alice, Xanth. 

Anyways, still nursing a headache from digging through all this stuff earlier today, though I'll try and get something up looking at Jam and UK, and getting a vote up somewhere.  Likely either UK, Tom, or Jam if she's worth it.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #620 on: January 26, 2010, 07:54:25 AM »
Let's Play Danmaku Detective Game! Day 4 Vote Count:

Sodium (2): UncertainKitten, Kerigis
Jam-Kiske (2): EvilTom, Carthrat
Alice Margatroid (1): Edible
EvilTom (2): Sodium, Jam-Kiske

No vote cast: Alice Margatroid, Excal

Boy, that looks familiar.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch. You have <43 hours to vote.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

EvilTom

• Reimu is always welcome on /d/
« Reply #621 on: January 26, 2010, 01:11:21 PM »
JAM
I think it's silly to say that someone is scum because they've voted for now confirmed due to death town
I've noticed that Tom was the first to vote for Nietz, now confirmed town,

##Vote EvilTom
What astonishing hypocrisy.

The closest thing to a tell would  have to be the people who jumped on at the end, and I don't believe that's been the case for me entirely as I was the fifth to vote for both Chaore and Nietz which is fairly nice in the middle...
"I'm town because I was careful about when I jumped on the train". What bullshit. The only people who would give a damn about timing their votes are scum.

I've noticed that Tom was [...] the 2nd to last to vote for Chaore, who we know is scum.
Voting for somebody after they claimed a non-town faction? Good heavens, what will we do?

As for Alice, I'm finding it really hard to find anything overly suspicious from what I went back and read.. I suppose I can't help but be slightly paranoid though as it seems clear that whoever the scum is, they know what they're doing... so I'll have to keep an eye on him anyway...
Blah blah useless fluff.

EDIBLE RE: JAM
This post is enough evidence for me to think Jam is town, unless you can convince me that newbscum would bus a teammate when the case against that teammate was on a low swing.
Chaore was lynch leader at that point, with most of the train confirmed town. It must have looked pretty bad to the rest of the scum. I refer you to the above, where Jam has put considerable thought into when is the least scummy time to bus.

SODIUMxJAM
I find it weird how much Sodium is defending Jam; it's pointing me to look for a scumteam connection between the two.

I vote Jam here: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4654.msg231064#msg231064 because Jam only had one real post on Day 3.
Sodium then immediately pipes up with:
Oh, and while Jam does require posting ACTUAL CONTENT, this once again reeks of EasyVote(tm).

##Vote: Evil Tom
Ironic, considering he pushed for a Serp lynch with "somewhat lurky" being one of his main reasons.

Sodium spends his next post ( http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4654.msg231549#msg231549 ) defending Jam again, trying to differentiate between active lurking and not posting, despite both of these actions being anti-town.

Hi Jam. Decent point on Carth though. It'll be nice if Tom answers your question too.
Cheer-leading and backup!

>>>
This is all rather odd, considering Sodium had never mentioned Jam except for a token poke on Jam's dreadful day 3:
Jam: You going to post anything useful today?
and another token poke on day 1:
Hi Jam, want to vote or something? >_> nvm Also, I need to re-read 244. =V
Token mentions contrast the heavy defense we're seeing in Day 4.

OTHER?
As for a third scum, I'm leaning towards Alice; the indecisiveness/lack of a vote (might be normal for Alice? I have no idea) ever since the rolefish is hard to reconcile.

~TL;DR
Jam and Sodium look scummy as hell and are possibly scumbuddies (see Sodium's weird defense of Jam).

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #622 on: January 26, 2010, 01:29:31 PM »
...I had a post typed up, which was eaten by browser hatred. rage

@Jam: Why don't I think you're town? Because I see no townie traits. I saw an ill-timed vote on Chaore, mostly parroted points throughout day one. On day 2/3 I could only see one post each that said anything; day2 focused on suspicions of people we know to be town (+UK who you semi-ignored, meaningless whifflewaffle.) day 3 was "DT is scum because he voted Nietz." The hypocrisy astounds me.

@Sodium: Rou was referring to Jam's d2 post. Although he didn't know it at the time, we now know that Serp/Nietz/Kana are all town. I don't vote people just for being wrong but it is worth taking into account, and the lack of any other signs from Jam that indicate townhood makes what analysis she did provide appear heavily slanted towards getting a mislynch.

@DT: UK is 85% town, you say. Based on fakevigmadness, you say. Interesting. I think this has as much value as Rou going 'UK is scum because Chaore namedropped her' i.e. none.

That you dropped this down today after yesterday where you were poking at Serp a bit whilst loitering on UK is making me reconsider, since out of this I can kinda see a DT/UK pair materialize. Wariness over someone reaching my conclusions via means I struggle to accept worries in general.

hey excal hey alice who do you think is scum, couldn't see it in all those words there.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #623 on: January 26, 2010, 05:13:28 PM »
JAMWhat astonishing hypocrisy.
 "I'm town because I was careful about when I jumped on the train". What bullshit. The only people who would give a damn about timing their votes are scum.

EDIBLE RE: JAMChaore was lynch leader at that point, with most of the train confirmed town. It must have looked pretty bad to the rest of the scum. I refer you to the above, where Jam has put considerable thought into when is the least scummy time to bus.
I wasn't suggesting that thought should be put into when one votes for someone, simply that voting at the tail end of towards the beginning seems to suggest something about one's alliance.

There's really not too much else to go off of seeing as we've messed up in all terms of trying to properly analyze people this game. That and... well it should be clear that I really don't know how to play this game all that well yet.

@Jam: Why don't I think you're town? Because I see no townie traits. I saw an ill-timed vote on Chaore, mostly parroted points throughout day one. On day 2/3 I could only see one post each that said anything; day2 focused on suspicions of people we know to be town (+UK who you semi-ignored, meaningless whifflewaffle.) day 3 was "DT is scum because he voted Nietz." The hypocrisy astounds me.
As I've said, the mean reason I'm not super great at coming up with my own posts is because I don't really have the proness, experience, or analytical mind necessary for this. So the best I can do for now is take other people's statements and analyze them based on what I think to be true and what I read.

I ended up ignoring UK because she's really just come off as town. Honestly, the only people throwing suspicion on her were mostly UK & K4U anyway... I just wanted to take a look at her was really all I said. And after doing so she seems more town as she really has been trying her hardest to prevent a mislynch and hunt scum.

Well honestly everyone basically has voted for the wrong people so there's nothing to be gained from using simply that as something to be suspicious of... I'm more so referring to some of Tom's past actions as well as the timing of his votes throughout the game. Honestly, it's hard to find much else to go off of as he hasn't posted too much either... [either = not hypocrisy]

I'm trying trying trying to prevent another mislynch. But when the mafia is clearly made up of people with tons of experience and this is my first game, there's not much I can really think to do.

Lastly, I have no idea why Sodium is protecting me. If I were scum, I would have told him to stop right away because really that would be far too stupid of a way to go about being scum. I really don't know what compelled him to protect me in the first place...

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #624 on: January 26, 2010, 06:39:45 PM »
I'll get to Excal sometime today.

But Jam's latest post is terrible

Quote from: Jam
I'm trying trying trying to prevent another mislynch. But when the mafia is clearly made up of people with tons of experience and this is my first game, there's not much I can really think to do.

What is this? How do you know this?

Lastly, I have no idea why Sodium is protecting me. If I were scum, I would have told him to stop right away because really that would be far too stupid of a way to go about being scum. I really don't know what compelled him to protect me in the first place...

WIFOM, pretty much as bad as every other WIFOM going around these days.

There's really not too much else to go off of seeing as we've messed up in all terms of trying to properly analyze people this game. That and... well it should be clear that I really don't know how to play this game all that well yet.

This feels bad as well. Trying to clear your own mistakes since "everyone" has made them.

Most of the rest of the post is fluff with a few points answered. I think I should reread Jam as well :S.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #625 on: January 26, 2010, 06:55:06 PM »
I'm still around.  Work is kicking my ass this week.

Starting to bend a little on Jam's alignment, but I refuse to accept that her lynch is a good one today.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #626 on: January 26, 2010, 08:01:12 PM »
What is this? How do you know this?
Well I obviously don't know this but... it seems fairly safe to think this is the case at this point.
Anyway, all of you have more experience than me don't you?

Also, I'm not trying to clear my mistakes because everyone has made them, I'm just saying that using solely mistakes everyone has made as case towards someone being scum seems a bit silly at this point.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #627 on: January 26, 2010, 08:12:56 PM »
Well I obviously don't know this but... it seems fairly safe to think this is the case at this point.
Anyway, all of you have more experience than me don't you?

That's not what you said. What you said was "tons of experience". Which softly implicates only a couple players, but also kinda distances you from it. As well as tries to give you an excuse to not scum hunt. This isn't a good statement, whatsoever.

Also, I'm not trying to clear my mistakes because everyone has made them, I'm just saying that using solely mistakes everyone has made as case towards someone being scum seems a bit silly at this point.

You don't use the mistakes, you use the intent behind the mistakes.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #628 on: January 26, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »
True... I'm personally starting to suspect the most experienced players as it seems clear that the Mafia is made up of really good/experienced players due to the fact that we've been lynching townies up to this point... [most of whom actually seemed quite scummy, making it even more confusing] That's why I made that statement.

Yeah... I'm not quite good at that yet myself. I supposed what I'm trying to say is that the people nitpicking my actions don't seem to have very solid reasons behind why I did things I'd have done. I'm not nearly calculating enough to time a vote in the middle of some time to try to seem not scummy or whatever it is people are trying to  say. As I'm not scum, the precise timing of my votes really isn't something I've considered as I've just been voting for who I believe is the most scummy each time around.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #629 on: January 26, 2010, 08:24:56 PM »
True... I'm personally starting to suspect the most experienced players as it seems clear that the Mafia is made up of really good/experienced players due to the fact that we've been lynching townies up to this point... [most of whom actually seemed quite scummy, making it even more confusing] That's why I made that statement.

You don't have to be good to lay low when half the playerlist is doing a good job making asses out of themselves.

the last part of that post is another pile of WIFOM.