Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread  (Read 195323 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread
« Reply #390 on: June 03, 2009, 05:25:09 AM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=389.msg19892#msg19892

Here's a thumbnail too (for those of you who don't want to watch the 70-second countdown).
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #391 on: June 03, 2009, 06:58:07 PM »
Replay

Well fuck you too, game.

How the fuck did that not end in a 1cc? I'll tell you how!
Repository of Hirokawa, that's how.

Randomly kills me, robbing me of 2 bombs, and ruining my confidence, so that I die again with 3 bombs on Sumizome, use up 2 more bombs on that spell, then enter Resurrection butterfly with only 1 bomb, rarely able to survive even one of that spell's waves... yeah...

Some good stuff in there though: captured all three of Alice's midboss attacks, and also Hanged Hourai Dolls.

And it was only my 2nd try at Lunatic that had gotten past stage 3, so... it's not too bad I guess.

/calms down
Advocate of Transhumanism

« Reply #392 on: June 03, 2009, 07:41:47 PM »
Y'know, I deliberately haven't played stage 6 of PCB on Lunatic just so it gets more dramatic when I start seriously going for a 1cc.

I'm beginning to think that was a mistake. Surely 80% can't be worse than Flawless? Flawless is already insane.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #393 on: June 03, 2009, 10:28:02 PM »
Finally make it to Stage 6 hard of SA. That in itself was nice.

Then I get to Youkai Wheel. Don't feel like dodging it, so I bomb it twice, but that's not enough to clear it.

I then die right after it clears. That was going to be an extra life.

Urg, well, at least I'm getting used to bombing again. There's something about bombing that just feels like cheating.
If anybody has a good anger quote, let me know and it'll be the new sig

« Reply #394 on: June 03, 2009, 10:48:37 PM »
Finally make it to Stage 6 hard of SA. That in itself was nice.

Then I get to Youkai Wheel. Don't feel like dodging it, so I bomb it twice, but that's not enough to clear it.

I then die right after it clears. That was going to be an extra life.

Urg, well, at least I'm getting used to bombing again. There's something about bombing that just feels like cheating.

My strategy in PCB is to bomb, bomb, bomb and whenever you get a border, bomb it so that you get another one asap. Cheap? Not me!
Advocate of Transhumanism

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #395 on: June 03, 2009, 11:30:56 PM »
so I just beat SA normal with continues.. I think I blew like 15 continues on the final stage. The boss' 2nd non spellcard attack is SO bs. It was easy the very first time I did it, and then from then on he would leave me NO openings with the 2nd flyby every damn time. as if all 15 shots or whatever he had were all within the 1/4 of the screen I was in, guh.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #396 on: June 03, 2009, 11:39:45 PM »
For the record, every humanoid in touhou (besides 1 that doesn't even appear ingame) is a female.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #397 on: June 03, 2009, 11:48:02 PM »
For the record, every humanoid in touhou (besides 1 that doesn't even appear ingame) is a female.

I know, habit lol. she looks like a he though >=P

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2009, 02:04:10 AM »
so I practice stages 4-6 to hell.

I start a new game, die 3 times on stage 3 even though I rarely do once *hits head*.

Try again, get to stage 4. Die once.. no biggie.
Stage 5. OMGWTFOWNED.. died 5 times. how sad is that. *cries in corner*.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #399 on: June 04, 2009, 03:10:05 AM »
gotta re-practice stage 6 again cuz I suck at the boss again sigh.

btw why does the final boss' spellcard background have a picture of a cat but not a crow?

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #400 on: June 04, 2009, 03:12:03 AM »

btw why does the final boss' spellcard background have a picture of a cat but not a crow?

Schrodinger's cat? *shrugs*

On the subject of SA... (edit - or maybe on the subject of cats?) goddamnit Rin. I finally figure out how to do Satori without dying 4 times, and then you come along and kick me around like a ball of yarn. It's her non-cards which kill me, too. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 03:14:06 AM by Nuclear Fusion »
If anybody has a good anger quote, let me know and it'll be the new sig

Drake

« Reply #401 on: June 04, 2009, 03:54:14 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's Schrodinger's cat.

Also dammit to hell I haven't been able to play at all lately

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #402 on: June 04, 2009, 05:45:19 AM »
ARRRGHAGHAHG!!!!!!!! *pulls hair out* I was doing soooo good. I was at level 5 and I had 6 lives, not only that but I was getting fairly comfortable with level 5 (cept for the boss, who I was willing to sac like 3 lives to).

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO. I have to die 4 times to effing stray lone popcorn bullets when there isn't a single damn other one on the whole damn screen that I didn't notice cuz of bigger bullets at the moment I swear to god, every time I do good I die to really stupid things that aren't even hard.. whyyyyy.... *cries*.

BTW I really hate that stupid spirit mountain whatever bs spellcard of orin's. I especially hate it because after it kills me, or after I bomb), I SWEAR those stupid blue spinning mist thingies kill you even when you're supposd to be invincible still. VERY annoying *dies* "ok well I'm invincible for a few seconds so I'll just grab this powe *dies*.... *HITS DESK*.

ARGHAGHAHGHAG

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #403 on: June 04, 2009, 07:46:42 AM »
ARRRRRGH. Would have 1cc'd sa but right when the boss died it did the slow motion explosion thingie but it seemed to slow my character more than the bullets so I oculdn't help but crash into one even though I was steering away. WHYYYYYYYYY

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #404 on: June 04, 2009, 01:32:28 PM »
Schrodinger's cat? *shrugs*

On the subject of SA... (edit - or maybe on the subject of cats?) goddamnit Rin. I finally figure out how to do Satori without dying 4 times, and then you come along and kick me around like a ball of yarn. It's her non-cards which kill me, too.
DON'T RUN INTO THE CAT!![/inside joke]

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #405 on: June 04, 2009, 02:16:34 PM »
ARRRRRGH. Would have 1cc'd sa but right when the boss died it did the slow motion explosion thingie but it seemed to slow my character more than the bullets so I oculdn't help but crash into one even though I was steering away. WHYYYYYYYYY

Ouch.

Something you should know about Utsuho's last spell card (if you don't know it already): the card has multiple phases of speed and density that it goes through (triggering with each 1/4 loss of Utsuho's health bar, if I remember correctly).  The problem is that at either zero HP (during the explosion process) or 30 seconds left on the timeout (which never realistically happens unless you intend it to), there's a final phase where gravity toward the center becomes even stronger, leading to situations like yours where you ram into a bullet because of the increased gravity.  This is an issue that can mess with everyone, being anything from a minorly inconvenient "FUCK YOU you didn't capture my last spell card!  HAHA!" to, in your case, a heartbreaking 1cc fail. 

Learn from this experience and keep this in mind for all future encounters with the spell card.  As Utsuho's health is about to run down, check to make sure that there's a hole in the pellet walls that you're prepared to go through if necessary.  If the density is particularly bad, stop shooting for a moment and wait for a more advantageous time.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #406 on: June 04, 2009, 06:34:32 PM »
About to beat PoFV Extra.
Dodge to bottom left of screen to dodge a barrage of Xanabullets.
Faeries appear in the corner, smashing into me.

RAGE.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #407 on: June 04, 2009, 07:31:06 PM »
Yuugi.

What the hell.  Seriously.  I try SA, and then Yuugi's all like "lolno" and I die.

She's not even that hard afjwoauwconworu HNNNNG

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #408 on: June 05, 2009, 03:58:00 AM »
NO.  SERIOUSLY.  WHAT THE HELL!

In over an hour and a half of playing, I made it out of the first level of MoF Lunatic without dying all of TWO GODDAMN TIMES.  Almost a third, until Minoriko killed me with three lasers on top of me as she was clearing.  The first time I got through, Hina killed me twice.

The second was a lot better - one poor death on Stage 3 and one OK one, but OH WOW DID AYA PULL OUT THE BS HOLY CRAP.  Had to bomb as her first wave was clearing*, Saruta Cross lolwalled me, had to bomb her second, got through Storm Day with one bomb and no power (the best I've ever done on that card), got walled by her third attack with no power, bombed Peerless BS God, bombed Terukuni twice...and STILL DIED AS IT CLEARED.

Stage 5 was resplendent with all kinds of BS, such as deaths on her midboss card and her last two cards, at which point I game overed.

Over an hour and a half, and I've got ONE - ONE GODDAMN RUN TO SHOW FOR IT.

WHAT THE HELL IS WITH FALLING LEAVES OF MADNESS?!  WHY DOES IT KEEP WALLING ME?!  WHY?!  WHY?!

* I really, really, REALLY am starting to hate that mechanic wherein the bullets clear from the boss outward.  DOZENS of times tonight I've died or been forced to bomb as something should have cleared, like Spin the Cephalic Plate.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #409 on: June 05, 2009, 07:35:35 AM »
While the LLS Hard is still in my mind...

"Here, have a max-rank BS wall!"

The only way I could've possibly dodged this is if I found the opening in the first wall quick enough. And on max-rank, that really isn't a possibility.

Max-rank also implies ~double speed and density bullets.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 07:37:57 AM by BaitySM »
<>

fallensoul

• Bad maajan player
  • Beware. Lolicon.
« Reply #410 on: June 05, 2009, 02:29:42 PM »
I always do it the sides. D:
Well, never saw the max rank anyways.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #411 on: June 06, 2009, 01:48:49 AM »
Balls.

There's a much worse one than this, which is when the last ball blocks the opening you decide to use...
<>

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #412 on: June 06, 2009, 06:56:25 AM »

This should has been gone to Touhou Accomplishment thread.

Instead MoF decides to troll me and desynched its replay. If anyone interested to said replay ...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #413 on: June 06, 2009, 07:11:55 AM »
?

Replay works fine for me.

Apart for some reason, it says 0 for the (replay) FPS counter.

<>

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #414 on: June 06, 2009, 07:20:44 AM »
Zero counter? I do not know anything about it. Maybe i will try create a create another replay without Vsync patch or anything.

Damn now i must prove myself innocent.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #415 on: June 06, 2009, 07:26:24 AM »
I ran that replay with the Vsync patch over my MoF.

...this is strange. Vsync patch or not, the replay works fine for me. The counter still says 0 without the Vsync patch though.
<>

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #416 on: June 06, 2009, 07:28:33 AM »

...this is strange. Vsync patch or not, the replay works fine for me. The counter still says 0 without the Vsync patch though.

I think mr zet needs to put down the crack pipe >=P.

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #417 on: June 06, 2009, 07:38:09 AM »

I tried to play the replay but not only the counter says 0, it also desynched from the death fairy. Btw, i changed Vsync=1 option to Vsync=0 and created a similar run (one death this time),  this time the counter says 60 correctly (it also doesn't desynch at mine). Perhaps it caused by the Vsync=1 opt?

here the replay
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 07:50:59 AM by Zetzumarshen »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #418 on: June 06, 2009, 08:32:22 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3530

*headkeyboard*  Ow. I manage miracle dodges, yet I fail to defeat Shikieiki with four extra lives in stock.  This after no-death battles against everyone else.

Not even Medi's hax helped me tonight. *sigh*
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #419 on: June 06, 2009, 08:40:56 AM »
here the replay
Now I'm doubly confused. The FPS is fine this time, yet the replay desyncs. No idea what to conclude. The other replays (mainly JP scoring) work fine for me as well.

And additionally, my replays are using Vsync=0, which work perfectly fine (as far as I know). Vsync=1 for me alters my game to run at 70 FPS for some reason.

---

Could somebody run the two replays? I would like to see if their results differ.
<>