Author Topic: TH06, 07, and 08 don't work any more.  (Read 5688 times)

lumber_of_the_beast

TH06, 07, and 08 don't work any more.
« on: November 25, 2009, 10:06:09 AM »
A bit of background - my computer died on me. Luckily, I was kinda expecting it, and had thus saved my Touhou stuff to flash drives. I plug it into the new (lesser ;~;) computer, and all is well for a while, save for me actually having to live with slowdown.

Until I transferred it all to a bigger flash drive, that could hold all of it. Now, as noted above, TH06, TH07, and TH08 don't work; also, my vsync patch .rar managed to have every .dll vanish from within it. When I try to start any translated game, it just... doesn't do anything. When I start untranslated EoSD, the screen goes black for a few seconds, then I get the error in the first picture below. When I start untranslated PCB, the screen goes black for a few seconds, then it doesn't start or give me an error message or anything. When I start IN through the vsync patch (the only one I had actually applied the vsync patch to, more because it would let me play at a decent resolution without screen stretching than because I had screen-tearing issues), I get the error in the second picture below.

Any suggestions?

Momiji

• Cya
Re: TH06, 07, and 08 don't work any more.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 03:14:08 AM »
What version of Windows and DirectX are you running?  And have you updated you videocard drivers recently?  Also, what's your hardware specs?  Touhou games require a videocard that actually does hardware texturing and lighting.

Try checking for any updated drivers and whatnot, backup your gamesaves, and try reinstalling your games from scratch.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 02:30:54 PM »
What version of Windows and DirectX are you running?
XP and DX9, I believe. The old computer ran Vista. (...the thought just now occurred that maybe they need AppLocale since I'm running on XP. Though why the rest of the series would work fine when those three don't...)

And have you updated you videocard drivers recently?  Also, what's your hardware specs?  Touhou games require a videocard that actually does hardware texturing and lighting.
Not sure, seeing as I'm not the one who actually owns this computer, but as noted above, the rest of the Windows series works great. It's just those three. Common factor that may have something to do with it in case it isn't an AppLocale thing; 06, 07, and 08 were kept on the same flash drive before I moved them all over to the big one.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 11:49:11 PM »
UPDATE: AppLocale didn't help. (Also, I managed to unintentionally post this in the wrong topic.)

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 03:20:35 AM »
I'm having the same problem here, except that all of the windows games aren't working.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 01:47:01 AM »
Try renaming your folders so they don't have Japanese characters in them?

I remember having this problem before, but...

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 08:04:55 AM »
Reinstall seems to have helped with TH06 (1.02h with 0.8 of english patch and 0.3 of retexture pack0, except the fonts aren't displaying correctly. Song titles and dialog get cut off, spellcard names don't display at all.

EDIT: Fixed it~
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 03:23:35 PM by lumber_of_the_beast »

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 08:07:11 AM »
When I had this problem, someone told me to rename my Touhou EoSD exe to  ?????g????.exe and then run the vpatch.  It worked.  Try it.  I am not sure what you'd have to do for TH07 or 08 though.