Author Topic: Most Embarassing Touhou Moments  (Read 184269 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Most Embarassing Touhou Moments
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2009, 05:57:03 AM »
Shinki is not THAT hard.
Most of her attacks is not a OH GOD BS, less that interphase when she opens her white "wings" - autodeath/autobomb- and that guided laz0rs (this one always takes of me all my bombs and the current life). Though, any careless movement is a life or a bomb less for you... I say, you, most of time you have no much room for wrong movements, but the patterns are easy.

I almost don't want to tell you because you people are already hurting my ego as "PC-98 master", but I'm not cruel. I discovered that when Shinki opens her white wings, everything above her is a safespot.

And sheesh, you kids find Yumeko easy, but cheeto lasers is hard? I've beaten the attack with only one bomb for safety twice.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2009, 06:25:16 AM »
I say, you, most of time you have no much room for wrong movements, but the patterns are easy.
There's the problem in the first place. It doesn't matter how easy a pattern gets. It's all about the likelihood of touching a bullet.

And sheesh, you kids find Yumeko easy, but cheeto lasers is hard? I've beaten the attack with only one bomb for safety twice.
...cheeto lasers? Which phase?

---

Also, going for another attempt now, since I'm back.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2009, 06:38:28 AM »
I sure as hell don't find Yumeko easy. ;_;  During my run I think I managed to switch streams once during her laser attack, and that's probably the best I'm ever going to do.

For Shinki, her opener seems more than a little BS.  If she gets too low on the screen, that curving wave she fires can be almost impossible to slip through without making a lightning fast pixel-perfect dodge.  The rest of her attacks are just fairly complex streaming.  Not trivial, but not really all that bad either (and cheeto lasers is crazy fun.  ZUN needs to bring them back).

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2009, 06:47:01 AM »
Merlin's opener has the descendents of the cheeto lasers.

@Baity: Cheeto lasers are the name given to the yellow curvy bullets that home in on your position. Cheeto lasers is the name given to the phase where Shinki spams them like it's world's end (har har har).

For Shinki, her opener seems more than a little BS.  If she gets too low on the screen, that curving wave she fires can be almost impossible to slip through without making a lightning fast pixel-perfect dodge.

Every single dodge is entirely possible, at least with Mima. Trust me, these pixel perfect dodges are easier than they look, even when Shinki is low on the screen. MUCH more BS is a rare glitch where as soon as the fight begins (meaning as soon as the dialogue ends), you die arbitrarily. It's only happened to me twice ever, and neither time did it stop me from 1ccing, but DAMN IT it's a terrible glitch.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2009, 07:03:56 AM »
at least with Mima.

Oh.  Well there's my problem.  :P

MUCH more BS is a rare glitch where as soon as the fight begins (meaning as soon as the dialogue ends), you die arbitrarily. It's only happened to me twice ever, and neither time did it stop me from 1ccing, but DAMN IT it's a terrible glitch.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that only happens if you're near the top half of the screen at the beginning of her fight.  I remember the first time I got to her I tried shotgunning her at the start and got glitch-killed.  Since then I've stayed at the bottom and it hasn't happened to me since...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 07:07:03 AM by Azinth »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2009, 07:09:39 AM »
@Baity: Cheeto lasers are the name given to the yellow curvy bullets that home in on your position. Cheeto lasers is the name given to the phase where Shinki spams them like it's world's end (har har har).
It's not cheap at all. It's just once I lose my rhythm, I immediately force-bomb until it's over because I can never regain it back.
<>

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2009, 02:18:30 AM »
PC-98 master
That would be Trance. =V

So anyways, in an attempt of MS Hard, the deaths and bombs figure was this:
8 deaths
11 bombs

...Would've 1cc'd it if I didn't suck so much with the bombs, or die 4 times with 3 bombs. Got to Shinki.

fallensoul

• Bad maajan player
  • Beware. Lolicon.
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2009, 03:16:28 AM »
[oh, it's a quote]I discovered that when Shinki opens her white wings, everything above her is a safespot.[ends here]

I tried this before you said.
I died. Really, I died right in the time she unleashed that damned shots. I'm certain that none of them hit me.

Ah, no.... I don't find Yumeko easy... she's the hard as hell. I figured it out when I was playing my first Normal runs. I think she's the hardest stage 5 boss, only after Orin.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 03:28:03 AM by FallenSoul »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2009, 03:24:38 AM »
I tried this before you said.
I died. Really, I died right in the time she unleashed that damned shots. I'm certain that none of them hit me.
Note that the top corners are deathtrap laser-ed.
<>

fallensoul

• Bad maajan player
  • Beware. Lolicon.
« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2009, 03:32:03 AM »
Note that the top corners are deathtrap laser-ed.

Oh.... facepalm.jpg me.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2009, 10:11:45 AM »
I died to one of the BoWaP fairies right before Utsuho in a practise run earlier today :/
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2009, 09:45:37 PM »
I died five times on Stage 6 SA Normal. Before Okuu. How the hell did i manage to do that?! That almost qualifies as an accomplishment! Of epic fail that is!

Ehmmm... died to Letty's first spellcard on Hard mode. At that time i was about ready to throw myself out of the window. My cola didn't even taste well. Not sure its related but whatever.

Then i failed Mokou's first spellcard while showing off to classmates. That was not supposed to happen. At least i got it at second attempt. It is quite easy after all but they didn't seem to think so.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2009, 10:18:26 PM »
I died five times on Stage 6 SA Normal. Before Okuu. How the hell did i manage to do that?! That almost qualifies as an accomplishment! Of epic fail that is!

Ehmmm... died to Letty's first spellcard on Hard mode. At that time i was about ready to throw myself out of the window. My cola didn't even taste well. Not sure its related but whatever.

Then i failed Mokou's first spellcard while showing off to classmates. That was not supposed to happen. At least i got it at second attempt. It is quite easy after all but they didn't seem to think so.

I find my gaming skill takes a nosedive when people are watching me, regardless of if they are gamers too or not...sometimes I feel myself get nervous when my DOG is watching ffs.

« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2009, 04:06:25 PM »
You'll probably get more nervous when people are watching you. After all you don't want to screw up while people are watching you. If you, however, don't screw up you will feel twice the satisfaction.

That's one thing replays are good for. If you are no good at playing with people in your vicinity you can always save the replay and show it to them later. When i showed my timeout of Spell 21 i was officially labeled a nerd and a no-life.

Nuclear Fusion