Author Topic: Most Embarassing Touhou Moments  (Read 184684 times)

Tenbatsu! Myon Rabbie

• I cannot and will not learn.
  • Letty is sick of my shit.
Re: Most Embarassing Touhou Moments
« Reply #210 on: June 26, 2009, 05:35:13 PM »
Well, I didn't notice Mai's laser that follows you.. I just stood there and BOOM she killed me.

And I didn't notice Shinki's yellow thingies that aim at you..

I am silly

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2009, 06:49:12 PM »
Due to a request I went ahead and did a pacifist run of Ran.

So my pacifist LLS extra request is worth nothing? *wails*
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #212 on: June 26, 2009, 11:29:11 PM »
I failed to pull the first scoring bomb against Hina's Mid-Boss Spell Card. All it involves is running yourself into her, and bombing. Of all the things...

EDIT: ...my Spell Card History is great for Stage 1.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 11:44:16 PM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #213 on: June 27, 2009, 04:26:40 AM »
Due to a request I went ahead and did a pacifist run of Ran.

So my pacifist LLS extra request is worth nothing? *wails*

I might give that a shot sometime soon.  The only other request I have currently is pacifist lunatic EoSD stage 6, and...  Well....

nintendonut888

« Reply #214 on: June 28, 2009, 06:51:32 AM »
Playing SoEW hard on a whim (I don't want to play lunatic again because all it does is add a bunch of aimed bullets, and frankly that's just stupid), cleared 1/0 fine, but I made a huge derp mistake. Because 6 is max lives in this game, you have to suicide to get all the lives unless you suck at the game. So I suicided against the second stage 4 midboss. Problem? I died with full bombs in stock before I beat her. DERP.

BTW, I confirmed that however that Story of Eastern Wind remake made the green spam attack the Magic Stones fire, the strategy there doesn't work on SoEW, or on hard it's completely different. Good to know.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #215 on: June 30, 2009, 05:15:10 AM »
Have I ever mentioned that I hate Touhou stage 1's?  Here's why:

Decided to fire up MS and do a runthrough.  The first four or so were cut short when I died to the opening waves of ghosts every time trying to get the power items.  The next three or so had me dying before or right after the midboss, usually from colliding with an enemy or hitting a bullet in an attempt to get the points at full value (see, I actually like playing MS for score, unlike most of the other games).  The next run was FABULOUS.  No screwups, got a good deal of power, and max dreamgauge by the end.  Then I died to the preboss wave.  Yes, that preboss wave.  Then I had a kinda decent but not as good run; got average power, filled dreamgauge to about 3/4... got past Sara alright, then died to one of the first bullets in stage 2.  How the hell did I 1cc this game so quickly again?

I also tried PoDD again while I was at it, and it's just as stupid as I remember it being.  I sort of feel bad about it though, since it might actually be an alright game if it didn't derive most of its difficulty from giving me seizures.  I like being able to see the bullets that are coming at me, kthxbai.

« Reply #216 on: June 30, 2009, 05:40:56 AM »
Dieing to Kanako twice... in a row... (no bombs/deathbombing just crashing into bullets and dieing)

nintendonut888

« Reply #217 on: June 30, 2009, 06:04:55 AM »
I play PoDD lunatic, make it to stage 7 before continuing. 'kay, not bad. Enter Chiyuri, exit with no continues and one life, which is lost not long into Yumemi.

Oh PoDD...I can see our relationship will not be a sweet one. <3

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #218 on: June 30, 2009, 07:02:50 AM »

Hard difficulty.  Five fucking rounds.  3 default lives, 3 score lives, one death on Aya, and went down to the last life from Shiki's cheating AI.  The 5th round was when I finally realized you can abuse the cheating AI by going pacifist, sitting around not giving her any bullets to deflect, and running down the imaginary timer until the cheating AI decides it's time for her to ram into a random bullet. 

I'm embarrassed that it took me that many lives to beat her, and that it took me that long to realize the usefulness of the calm strategy against the cheating AI (and I cannot stress enough how much The Computer is a Cheating Bastard).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 07:06:46 AM by Krim »
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

nintendonut888

« Reply #219 on: June 30, 2009, 07:35:28 AM »
Wait...you mean there's actually a timer? Ah...this may possibly make things easier...

Krimmydoodle

« Reply #220 on: June 30, 2009, 08:10:48 AM »
I don't know, I may be imagining things (me calling it an "imaginary timer" implies that I don't know whether the idea actually exists or it's just in my head).  The idea isn't working so well on Lunatic.  Maybe it's because it's Lunatic.  Maybe I'm entirely wrong and Shiki just became particularly retarded after I died to her 4 times that she was dying to Easy level danmaku when I wasn't firing (I'm fairly certain about the existence of a rank system).

I'm probably just overthinking it.  It's a theory that might be worth investigation, but don't mistake what I said for truth.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 08:14:38 AM by Krim »
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

nintendonut888

« Reply #221 on: June 30, 2009, 08:15:31 AM »
I have to thank you deeply. With this knowledge, even a rather bad run of PoDD lunatic got me to stage 7. Also, the rank system in the phantasmagoria games is very purposeful and intentional; the more charge attacks used, the faster the game gets. There's even a counter to show the current rank.

Krimmydoodle

« Reply #222 on: June 30, 2009, 08:22:25 AM »
I was aware of the numbers regarding spell intensity, but I was more referring to the rank of how stupid the computer gets.  They always seem to die faster after I've died to them.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #223 on: June 30, 2009, 09:16:43 AM »
I can handily vouch for that - once, Komachi immediately ran into an L2 attack I fired right as the (third) round began.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Nuclear Fusion