Author Topic: Most Embarassing Touhou Moments  (Read 184676 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Most Embarassing Touhou Moments
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2009, 02:55:08 AM »
Died numerous times to Shiki when doing PoFV Extra.

The timer went down... down to the laughable 9 seconds...

HAH! You think that's bad? I didn't really document my horrors with clearing PoFV extra with Komachi, but here's one for the thread:

I'm at Shikieiki, right? After literally 2 hours of straight attempts, I have her! It's shot chance! She activates a level 2 spell attack and shoots these two sticks (forget what her yama sticks are called), no stray bullets, just-

And I run into these slow moving lone sticks and lose the game.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2009, 03:08:01 AM »
Died numerous times to Shiki when doing PoFV Extra.

The timer went down... down to the laughable 9 seconds...

HAH! You think that's bad? I didn't really document my horrors with clearing PoFV extra with Komachi, but here's one for the thread:

I'm at Shikieiki, right? After literally 2 hours of straight attempts, I have her! It's shot chance! She activates a level 2 spell attack and shoots these two sticks (forget what her yama sticks are called), no stray bullets, just-

And I run into these slow moving lone sticks and lose the game.
As in, match starts with 9 seconds on my timer  >_>

Surely, a victory like that is meaningless. Oh, and this was with Reimu.

It's much easier with Komachi, if you know how to use her (somewhat) properly.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2009, 03:38:55 AM »
I somehow failed Alice's midboss card. I dunno how it happened. I just failed it. =V

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2009, 02:26:52 AM »
Also, note the number of "attempts".

The highlight of the screenshot are in the red boxes.

You can see my (unpolished) scoring run sitting there at the top, being the only MoF Hard 1cc that I've done.

Of course, it would be much simpler if I just streamed everything, but nooo~, I just have to go and make things complicated by trying (heavy emphasis this time) to beat my older score.
<>

« Reply #184 on: June 21, 2009, 02:54:29 AM »

I just got hit by the laser in Yukari's Spiriting Away.   I think my Touhou playing career has just reached an all-time low.

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #185 on: June 21, 2009, 04:08:53 AM »
Perfect Freeze.

What's going through my head "Oh crap! All the bullets are going to start moving again, I'd better move out of the way. The right should be empty."

I run smack into a frozen bullet cause I thought it was off the screen >.<
If anybody has a good anger quote, let me know and it'll be the new sig

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2009, 12:38:52 AM »
...I just died to "Danmaku Bounded Field".

On the last wave, game over'd. Made the final swing too early, hit a stationary bullet. [F]'s fly.

First attempt at Phantasm as well.

And no, I don't find Phantasm "just" a more difficult version of Extra. If that were the case, I wouldn't have died (not just bombed) twice to several Spell Cards.
<>

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2009, 12:50:36 AM »
And no, I don't find Phantasm "just" a more difficult version of Extra. If that were the case, I wouldn't have died (not just bombed) twice to several Spell Cards.
Some cards in Phantasm are easier then their Extra counterparts. Most extreme examples are Shikigami "Chen" to "Ran" and Charming Siege From All Sides to Straight and Curve. Then there's Tenko to Spiriting Away, although they're both easy, and some say that Laser Mesh is easier then Fox-Tanuki Laser. Lastly, there's the Buddhist cards that are essentially the same difficulty, although Yukari's is SLIGHTLY(read:not enough to make a differnce) harder. So yeah.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2009, 01:53:07 AM »
Some are easier, granted. But some were changed dramatically, which caused "lol" deaths.

Going to leave it for a while

And in other news, Aya destroys my scoring run again. This time, it isn't that bad of a destruction. 850k Faith (still a bit low, but eh), to just under 400k. Going to finish it and see what I get.

Clipdeath on "Crossroads", one of the easiest Spell Cards for Hard/Lunatic, which caused about a 270k drop. Then a clipdeath on that Spell Card, which caused another 180k drop or so. I still used a bomb as well.

Further, I started the battle with 1.xx power, which meant that I used 4 bombs too many. I blame the post-Momizi BS -> cumulative effect; I had to bomb everywhere because there wasn't enough power for me to kill fast enough.

EDIT: oh crap, a bomb too early, causing me to lose 50% score; didn't do it close enough to PoC.

EDIT 2: I think it's salvageable.

970k Faith.

Might be able to beat my score if I can do a no-death run of Kanako.

EDIT 3: death on opener goddammit. There's no way it'll win now.

/quit.

EDIT 4: minor accomplishment, so I can't be bothered making a post. I just figured out how Kappa "Monster Cucumber" / "Exteeeending Aaaaarm" works.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 02:27:50 AM by BaitySM »
<>

« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2009, 06:14:54 AM »
I rarely got hit by the bullet, but crash into the bullet oftenly >.<

« Reply #190 on: June 22, 2009, 01:44:51 PM »
I got hit by Cirno in PCB Hard. The non-spell and what more than that i decide to play EoSD on Hard in which run i fail at all of Cirno's spells except for Perfect Freeze. She really must've hated me today.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #191 on: June 22, 2009, 06:41:16 PM »
Some cards in Phantasm are easier then their Extra counterparts. Most extreme examples are Shikigami "Chen" to "Ran" and Charming Siege From All Sides to Straight and Curve. Then there's Tenko to Spiriting Away, although they're both easy, and some say that Laser Mesh is easier then Fox-Tanuki Laser. Lastly, there's the Buddhist cards that are essentially the same difficulty, although Yukari's is SLIGHTLY(read:not enough to make a differnce) harder. So yeah.

I still can't fathom how people say some are easier.

Shikigami chen has never made me bomb or die once.. ever.. I still have a high chance to screw up ran. Xandu is also a much harder version for me because of the bs random lasers that give you virtually no time to react before they turn lethal. Sometimes I have to cut in between two large bubble bullets, there is no other option, and wham, laser right there. So cheap, thing is it happens so often. Again, Ran's version has no luck aspect to it, it's like a 100% static spell that is quite frankly, easy. I've never died or bombed that one once either.

Tenko and spiriting away are the same for me.

Laser mesh is super hard for yukari for me. I don't see how people say it's easy, it's scarlet meister hard for me. I just can't seem to get how people have an easy time reading where to dodge the bullets while paying attention to the lasers at the same time. The bullet spreads offer very little room for error for me frequently. Feels like I'm dodging starbrow break and young demon lord at the same time. ICK. Ran's version kills me too sometimes, not nearly as often though.

The only one I find easier is yukari's spell that replaces 12 general gods. Even then I rekon 12 general gods is probably easier if I try it again since learning those side butterfly bullets are aimed.

« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2009, 08:19:50 PM »
Xandu is also a much harder version for me because of the bs random lasers that give you virtually no time to react before they turn lethal. Sometimes I have to cut in between two large bubble bullets, there is no other option, and wham, laser right there. So cheap, thing is it happens so often.

... There are lasers? o_o
Am I blind?
Advocate of Transhumanism

Heartbeam

« Reply #193 on: June 23, 2009, 01:37:55 AM »
I never noticed the lasers until dying to them after playing Phantasm for a while.  There's a lot of room so I try to be mindful of Yukari's position so as to not be caught to the side of her when the lasers close in.  Never encountered a situation where the bubble bullets forced you into certain demise.  More than I can say about Ran's version, but no use throwing out another view without support, yet.

nintendonut888

« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2009, 01:47:15 AM »
Charming Siege is much harder than Xanadu simply because Charming Siege doesn't wall you in with how small your area of movement gets. Xanadu still has bubble bullet shenanigans which is my Touhou pet peeve, but it's still not near as bad. The lasers are almost unnoticeable honestly.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

nintendonut888

« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2009, 07:07:59 AM »
I failed...EoSD extra.

Do you know how long it's been...since I've failed an extra?

BRB SEPPUKU! D:

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2009, 07:16:18 AM »
* I.P.D. steals the tanto

No suicides in my topic, thank you.

If you want someone to kill you, I'll have Lady Cloche oblige with either Replakia or Infel Pira.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 07:22:48 AM by I.P.D. »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2009, 08:12:18 AM »
Xandu is also a much harder version for me because of the bs random lasers that give you virtually no time to react before they turn lethal. Sometimes I have to cut in between two large bubble bullets, there is no other option, and wham, laser right there. So cheap, thing is it happens so often.

... There are lasers? o_o
Am I blind?

Yeah, she very occasionally shoots lasers that last just like 1 second and that's it.. There is no seeing them and avoiding them it's just.. there.. and you're dead.. Kills me like every time cuz of bad luck... sigh.

Charming Siege is much harder than Xanadu simply because Charming Siege doesn't wall you in with how small your area of movement gets. Xanadu still has bubble bullet shenanigans which is my Touhou pet peeve, but it's still not near as bad. The lasers are almost unnoticeable honestly.

Exactly. they are unnoticeable..until you you notice yourself dead cuz of one first.

Charming siege has only "walled" me in one time.. which was when I started the spellcard at the bottom. I find if you start the spellcard closer to the top, you always have plenty of room.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 08:14:46 AM by Ghaleon »

« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2009, 09:02:49 PM »
Yeah, she very occasionally shoots lasers that last just like 1 second and that's it.. There is no seeing them and avoiding them it's just.. there.. and you're dead.. Kills me like every time cuz of bad luck... sigh.

No offense, but I can't help but question your methods for dodging it.  She only fires those lasers way off to the sides, so as long as you're underneath her and don't wander way off they're not even a factor.  She doesn't even move very much in that spell, so just stay in the middle.

On the subject of extra's, I tried IN's today for the first time in a while, and I remembered just how much I hate Mokou's spellcards.  Even though they all seem easy and really SHOULD be easy, I manage to get hit in the most idiotic  and foolish ways possible.  Some kind soul should hack IN and make the rings available for spell practice.  That would be sweet.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2009, 09:28:27 PM »
Protip on Shikigami "Ran":You can dodge it all by staying at the bottom. Ran's bullets that spread out from when she hits the bottom are never in line with the bottom, so that means you can dodge it completely horizontally. Just don't get hit by Ran, or stay too close to where she lands.

And the lasers are a non-factor in Straight and Curve. You shouldn't be any where near them during the card.

Spiriting Away has larger gaps, and it doesn't speed up. Tenko is a joke(except for maybe ReimuA and SakuyaA, due to how Tenko goes faster the longer it is alive), but Spiriting Away is a even bigger joke.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2009, 09:30:31 PM »
I failed...EoSD extra.

Do you know how long it's been...since I've failed an extra?

BRB SEPPUKU! D:
:parseerage:
On topic, yesterday I had other of those "I suck" days. My 12/100 on Honest Man's Death just became 15/200. True story, brah.

« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2009, 09:38:26 PM »
I timed out Satori's first and second spell as ReimuA and then i die to BoWaP. Doh!

Nuclear Fusion