Author Topic: Most Embarassing Touhou Moments  (Read 184677 times)

fallensoul

• Bad maajan player
  • Beware. Lolicon.
Re: Most Embarassing Touhou Moments
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2009, 03:20:24 PM »
Failed 1cc PoFV Normal with Reimu...
Even after 1cc'ed Lunatic. D:

Damn... I can't read the dense and slow danmaku...
Sometimes, this bs hides one or another fast bullet coming in my way.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2009, 10:48:39 PM »
LLS.

I forgot that one of (many?) Marisa's phases waves was a streaming-based one. Naturally, I was moving around unfocused; most of the waves were random-type at that point. By the time I realized, it was too late. Impassable star wall!
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2009, 11:02:40 PM »
Normally, you would post here if you dodged into an easy to avoid bullet.
Yesterday, I dodged into an easy to avoid SUN.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2009, 11:08:57 PM »
LLS.

I forgot that one of (many?) Marisa's phases waves was a streaming-based one. Naturally, I was moving around unfocused; most of the waves were random-type at that point. By the time I realized, it was too late. Impassable star wall!

Marisa's difficulty in LLS is all over the place. Since her attacks are completely random throughout the fight, and her attacks vary wildly in difficulty, you can either beat her no deaths or blow three lives on her. I guess if anything Reimu's consistent in difficulty...not that that helps. D:

So I don't have an embarrassing moment (unless you count my hilarious ineptitude at PoFV and how Ruro gets to laugh at me D:), but today I read a poem for the first time in years. It's written by the greatest poet ever, Shel Silverstein. After my experiences with Touhou, it seems rather...fitting.

The little blue engine looked up at the hill.
His light was weak, his whistle was shrill.
He was tired and small, and the hill was tall,
And his face blushed red as he softly said,
?I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.?

So he started up with a chug and a strain,
And he puffed and pulled with might and main.
And slowly he climbed, a foot at a time,
And his engine coughed as he whispered soft,
?I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.?

With a squeak and a creak and a toot and a sigh,
With an extra hope and an extra try,
He would not stop ? now he neared the top ?
And strong and proud he cried out loud,
?I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!?

He was almost there, when ? CRASH! SMASH! BASH!
He slid down and mashed into engine hash
On the rocks below... which goes to show
If the track is tough and the hill is rough,
THINKING you can just ain?t enough!
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2009, 11:36:39 PM »
Thinking this was a good idea:

It would have been more embarrassing if it was the only miss in the stage, but I have a horrible tendency to twitchfuck Subterranean Rose, so that didn't happen.

Wow, you died with less than 0.2 seconds to go...
That would have been awesome if it had worked.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 09:04:49 AM by Arcengal »
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2009, 02:15:26 AM »
I was playing SA Easy (Yeah, yeah, I know) and got to Stage 5. And then I used like 3 continues on the stage because I kept running into the cat at the bottom left corner after the spell card. I would go to try and get the power-ups and life star and would just ram right into the cat right before it would disappear.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2009, 02:23:07 AM »
I was playing SA Easy (Yeah, yeah, I know) and got to Stage 5. And then I used like 3 continues on the stage because I kept running into the cat at the bottom left corner after the spell card. I would go to try and get the power-ups and life star and would just ram right into the cat right before it would disappear.
This is why I always, ALWAYS tell Nuclear Fusion not to run into the cat.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2009, 02:36:16 AM »
Marisa's difficulty in LLS is all over the place. Since her attacks are completely random throughout the fight, and her attacks vary wildly in difficulty, you can either beat her no deaths or blow three lives on her. I guess if anything Reimu's consistent in difficulty...not that that helps. D:
For some reason, I find Reimu's consistent difficulty means I can take a more methodical approach. And henceforth, easier.

---

Kurumi's 2nd phase is... worse than Mystia's mid-boss Spell Card. Granted it's not as dense, but the room you have to move, the size of the bullets, and the speed. I've had my runs stopped because I can't read it.

Also, I died on Yuka's 2nd phase [Stage 6]. You know, that really easy one. And not getting a perfect Stage 5 is an automatic embarrassment  ;_; (excluding the pre-boss rings)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 02:37:56 AM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2009, 03:03:27 AM »
Yes, Kurumi's second phase is indeed BS, especially on max rank. I managed to capture it for the first time a couple weeks ago, and it was pure luck.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Drake

« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2009, 03:12:44 AM »
I game over'd on the six fairies at the beginning of MoF Stage 4.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Momizi Inubashiri

• Banned
  • For :files:
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2009, 03:47:43 AM »
i lost a continue on Cirno`s spellcard (Ice Sign "Icicle Fall") on easy..... (1st time playing anyways lol)

dustyjo

« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2009, 07:33:44 PM »
Normally, you would post here if you dodged into an easy to avoid bullet.
Yesterday, I dodged into an easy to avoid SUN.

I did the same thing.

Twice.

On Easy.

;_;

« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2009, 08:28:58 PM »
i lost a continue on Cirno`s spellcard (Ice Sign "Icicle Fall") on easy..... (1st time playing anyways lol)

I die everytime I attempt that spell.

Shoot me now.

Yukkuri

« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2009, 10:33:29 PM »
You're not the only person to have that happen to you.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2009, 05:46:54 AM »
You're not the only person to have that happen to you.

On my first attempts on the final boss on SA, I would always get myself killed trying to get the lifestar dropped by the 2nd noncard during mega flare or whatever its called. It would always spawn right in the middle where the biggest pile of shrinking sun things would be.. Now I just pretty much ignore it.

« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2009, 04:23:23 PM »
Random PCB Hard run, stage 4 with 8/1 and reasonable score.
Finished the run with 0/1. Prismriver smackdown and forgetting to actually move before the Youmu fights. Beat Res. Butterfly but meh, I should still have done better.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Nuclear Fusion