Author Topic: Nuclear Cheese's Danmakufu Scripts  (Read 35489 times)

Nuclear Cheese

• Relax and enjoy the danmaku.
    • My homepage
Nuclear Cheese's Danmakufu Scripts
« on: April 27, 2009, 02:12:36 AM »
Listed from new to old:

Danmaku Sign 「Bullet Curtain」
A simple card that will test your dodging skills, as a constantly-increasing density of bullets flood downward at you.  Includes a menu to select difficulty and the type of bullet to dodge.

Never Twice the Same Danmaku (version 04)
Generates a new pattern every time you play!
Older versions: 03 02 01

Random Sign 「Entropy」
A spellcard I made to demonstrate objects.  Incredibly unpredictable.

Hax Sign 「Burn Everything」
The reason you don't want to bother Reimu.  A video can be found on Blargel's youtube here.  Only one difficulty level.
Notice: due to the fact that I handle some logic in @DrawLoop, replays may not work properly if the game is paused.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Light Sign [Reflection/Refraction]
Seeking lasers, and bullets that both reflect off of them and refract through them.  This one will quickly decend into chaos if you're not careful.  Only one difficulty level.
Above link is for version 2.  The original version can be obtained here.  The original had a hole that Blargel found.

Spiral Sign 「Hypnotic Spiral」
A survival card that starts out very slow and methodical, but gets really hectic.  Only one difficulty level.

Deadly Sign 「Multicolor Deathtrap」
The name is pretty literal - if you don't move the right way you'll become trapped.  It's not a complicated pattern, though, and it involves sweeping back and forth at the right times (carefully :V).  Only one difficulty level.

Omega Barrage 「MAX 300」
Based on a certain song from a certain music game.  A survival card with Hard and Lunatic difficulty levels.

Celia Versio v0.4
An abandoned stage with an original character (who I never got around to making a sprite for) who can make their bullets faded or even invisible.  Has all four difficulty levels, including a (poorly designed :V ) stage, an unnamed midboss and the boss.

「Reimu Body Slam」
... is a spellcard.  Inspired by a sig from someone on the very old forums (back when it was shrinemaiden.com).  Has all four difficulty levels.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 02:25:09 AM by Nuclear Cheese »
to quote Naut:
"I can see the background, there are too many safespots."
:V

Re: Nuclear Cheese's Danmakufu Scripts
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 07:58:10 AM »
These are nice. When I was playing Light Sign [Reflection/Refraction], I noticed that each wave just stacked on itself, so I decided to invinco-mode it. Not cool for the last 4 seconds, hahahahaha! 1.25fps [Work] and 0.00fps [Draw] -- I don't even. I should include a bullet counter in the code and see how many were on the screen... I'm thinking above five digits!

Would've been cool if you included the Max 300 music, looks like it may synchronize...? I actually find the spell a bit of a pain in the ass for the first part, because the particles are random and can still have quite the velocity when they get to you on occasion, so you can get smoked pretty fast by something that's just undodgable. After the first few bursts it's managable though. Very nice.

Multicoloured deathtrap was pretty freakin' beast. It's really too bad that it only repeats itself after a few seconds.

Hypnotic spiral was cool, but it takes so long for it to build up.

Your stage... Is pretty good, some waves could be timed more appropriately, but was actually fairly well made, as far as Danmakufu stages with only one enemy sprite can go. That boss fight versus Celia on lunatic... What a kick in the balls that was. I really liked that last spellcard, was quite creative and I think it was balanced well. But man, the rest of that fight is just one kick after another... First time I've actually wanted to go against the completely random card instead of the patterned cards, just for the break in concentration!

Hax sign was cool, takes a really long time though, especially with any character that doesn't have homing bullets.

I'm not really sure what to think about Reimu Body Slam. It doesn't seem hard, but man I can't beat it for beans. I'll take that as a plus on your part though. Really like the way she shakes when she collides with a wall, haha!

I doubt you were looking for a critique of all these, but I thought I'd give some feedback.

I do have a question though: Do you test your lunatic versions? Because, on the stage especially, some of these patterns skirt the boundry of being possible to pass, just from a logical standpoint. Some of the bullet rings you spawn are extremely dense... I dunno, just my speculation though. I do consider the lunatic Celia to be God Tier in difficulty, that's for sure.

Nuclear Cheese

• My homepage
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 12:09:17 AM »
These are nice. When I was playing Light Sign [Reflection/Refraction], I noticed that each wave just stacked on itself, so I decided to invinco-mode it. Not cool for the last 4 seconds, hahahahaha! 1.25fps [Work] and 0.00fps [Draw] -- I don't even. I should include a bullet counter in the code and see how many were on the screen... I'm thinking above five digits!

Thanks for checking out my scripts!

Yeah, I doubt you'd be able to legitimately survive that long enough to build up such a mass of doom :D
It was made like that, at least partially, in response to Blargel finding a huge hole in the original version which made it easy to just sit there and pacifist the whole thing.  I forget how he did it, though ...

Would've been cool if you included the Max 300 music, looks like it may synchronize...? I actually find the spell a bit of a pain in the ass for the first part, because the particles are random and can still have quite the velocity when they get to you on occasion, so you can get smoked pretty fast by something that's just undodgable. After the first few bursts it's managable though. Very nice.

I actually tried syncing the music to the spellcard, but it would only work if you got a perfect 60fps (which is pretty rare even when your computer is more than powerful to handle it), so it desync'd rather quickly.  Of course, this was well before I knew about the GetTime() stuff and such, but that probably wouldn't help either without destroying consistency.

Also, interesting fact - the barrage is not random.  It is actually "pseudo-random" - which is like random but it always give the exact same sequence.  Using prand() will always return the same order of numbers every time the script is run, so it always will be the same no matter how many times you play it.

Your stage... Is pretty good, some waves could be timed more appropriately, but was actually fairly well made, as far as Danmakufu stages with only one enemy sprite can go. That boss fight versus Celia on lunatic... What a kick in the balls that was. I really liked that last spellcard, was quite creative and I think it was balanced well. But man, the rest of that fight is just one kick after another... First time I've actually wanted to go against the completely random card instead of the patterned cards, just for the break in concentration!

Well, Lunatic mode isn't supposed to be easy, isn't it? ;)

If I had worked on it some more, I probably would've ended up with a bit more of a flow through the stage.  But I suck at making stages, in my opinion, so m'eh.

As far as the boss patterns go, I'm pretty sure I captured all of them while developing them.  Granted, some of them took a bunch of tries, I'm sure. :V

Hax sign was cool, takes a really long time though, especially with any character that doesn't have homing bullets.

It's not a very serious card ... I think I made it a longer length was so that the speedup could be decently gradual and give a whole "dramatic struggle" feel to it.
Besides, you're not gonna take down Pyro-Reimu that easily, right?

I'm not really sure what to think about Reimu Body Slam. It doesn't seem hard, but man I can't beat it for beans. I'll take that as a plus on your part though. Really like the way she shakes when she collides with a wall, haha!

Another not-so-serious card ... you just have to get the rhythm going and you'll be able to dodge it pretty consistently.
Admittedly, if you're not playing homing shots, you'll be in for a long ride here, too.

I doubt you were looking for a critique of all these, but I thought I'd give some feedback.

I do have a question though: Do you test your lunatic versions? Because, on the stage especially, some of these patterns skirt the boundry of being possible to pass, just from a logical standpoint. Some of the bullet rings you spawn are extremely dense... I dunno, just my speculation though. I do consider the lunatic Celia to be God Tier in difficulty, that's for sure.

I generally will test all versions of all attacks.  I often will ensure that they are clearable without miss/bomb, although sometimes I'll compromise and do a kind-of "piece-by-piece" verification of this.  This means I keep trying it until I've gotten through each major component of the attack, and I feel confident that it's possible to get through all of them in one run, if you're good enough.  It's not an ideal method, but I figure that if I can get all the pieces and it looks feasible, then the other players who don't suck will find a way to get through it.

EDIT:

First time I've actually wanted to go against the completely random card instead of the patterned cards, just for the break in concentration!

Ironically, I was just going through some of my stuff, and noticed a script I didn't have on the list.
Check the first post for info on Random Sign 「Entropy」
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 12:15:11 AM by Nuclear Cheese »
to quote Naut:

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 03:18:42 PM »
The faded bullets are rendered pointless by bright monitors :V

Nuclear Cheese

• My homepage
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 04:12:06 AM »
So, I was bored over the last couple days, and decided to throw together an idea I had floating around in my brain.

Presenting:
Never Twice the Same Danmaku (version 01)

Plain and simple, this script generates a new, random danmaku pattern every time you play it.  Right now it's kinda limited in its abilities, but I'll probably end up adding some other stuff to it when I get some time.  Other stuff such as randomly-scripted object shots ;D

A few things to note:

- Yes, replays work.  In fact, a replay is pretty much the only way you'll see the same pattern ever again.

- The script generates random names for each attack it creates, by randomly piecing together words from its little dictionary.  Often with hilariously weird results :V
I'm still a fan of one of the first ones it gave me - "Intense Pineapple"

- Occasionally, it may throw out an impossible pattern.  Such is things ... :-\
to quote Naut:

Drake

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 04:21:56 AM »
Pretty neat. Obviously a bit limited as of now, but it could prove to be pretty awesome. And inspiring.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 04:24:21 AM »
Frozen Miko is the best spellcard ever. Word.

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 02:11:48 PM »
Hooray! More!

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 03:16:38 PM »
Oh ho ho. I'm definitely gonna have to steallook though this code. :V

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 04:14:19 PM »
Could it be the birth of "Never twice the same brofist"?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:49:53 PM by Hizengar Byakuren »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 04:47:22 PM »
This is super cool. It'd be awesome to see it able to pull off some more advanced tricks.

If it were more complex, it'd be pretty rad to have this as the final spell in a game  :D

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 04:55:44 PM »
Damn right it is!
http://www.mediafire.com/?dyunlzjgzmx

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 04:59:21 PM »
Damn right it is!
http://www.mediafire.com/?dyunlzjgzmx
oh god
these are all so impossible
yet so beautiful.

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 05:09:27 PM »
Actually you know what? I can do better than that.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mhimwkwmmk2
There we go. Enjoy your AIDS :V

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 05:17:04 PM »
Oh god you can actually SURVIVE SOMETIMES
But it's so hard that it's way easier to bomb the fuck out of it :V

Nuclear Cheese

• My homepage
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 02:14:15 AM »

My name is Nuclear Cheese.
You stole and corrupted my script.
Prepare to die.  >:(

... actually that was mildly humerous for a moment.

Next time, though, could you please at least mention that you based it off of my script?  I'm not hateful, but I'd at least appreciate credit where it's due. :-\
I mean, it's pretty obvious with your post here, but in your thread and the downloads there's no mention. :'(

Thanks for your consideration.
^ (totally lame way to end a post)
to quote Naut:

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 02:17:52 AM »

My name is Nuclear Cheese.
You stole and corrupted my script.
Prepare to die.  >:(

... actually that was mildly humerous for a moment.

Next time, though, could you please at least mention that you based it off of my script?  I'm not hateful, but I'd at least appreciate credit where it's due. :-\
I mean, it's pretty obvious with your post here, but in your thread and the downloads there's no mention. :'(

Thanks for your consideration.
^ (totally lame way to end a post)
What part of "steal" do you not understand? :VCredit'd.

Nuclear Cheese

• My homepage
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 07:35:13 AM »
So, bored again.  Here's version 02!

Important changes:
- New Survival Marathon Mode! - pits you against a series of random spellcards, with a slowly but steadily increasing difficulty.
- New Enemy Behaviors! - the enemy can now charge up, and I added another type of barrage.
- More Names! - now it can also use some verbs.

See the now-included history.txt for a full list of changes.

Credit'd.

Thanks.  I appreciate it. ;D
to quote Naut:

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 05:23:07 PM »
Well... It was awesome and everything, but getting three survival spells worth 80 seconds each in a row is not cool, man.
Also,
Befriending Sign
Why am I fighting Nanoha, of all people?

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 12:40:47 AM »
Hmm... as it is now it's kinda gimmicky...

But what if, instead of randomizing spellcards, you made a script that creates randomized enemies? That might be a pretty cool idea for an extra stage...

Nuclear Cheese

• My homepage
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 03:05:22 AM »
Well... It was awesome and everything, but getting three survival spells worth 80 seconds each in a row is not cool, man.

Well, then you'll probably like the update I just uploaded ... see below

Also,

Befriending Sign

... I should probably watch that anime sometime.

Hmm... as it is now it's kinda gimmicky...

But what if, instead of randomizing spellcards, you made a script that creates randomized enemies? That might be a pretty cool idea for an extra stage...

I like this idea a lot.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get this going at some point, but at the very least it'll involve some serious refactoring of the script (or complete disregard for good programming practices ... although taking this path probably would bite me in the ass later :-\)

Anyways, version 03

Major change notes:
- Tweaked Survival Marathon Mode - difficulty increases faster, and the odds of getting a survival card are based on how long since you last faced one.
- Tweaked Survival Cards - survival cards now have a shorter duration than their non-survival counterparts, and have a longer tape length (meaning survival cards should end up with more variety in them)
- New Attack Patterns - You'll never trust another bullet again!  Now the boss can fire shots which change direction, speed, and even shape!  Also, the boss can now repeat the same attack multiple times consecutively.
- Even More Names! - :toot: I added one of my favorite words in the english language, among other, less awesome words. :toot:

Completely Unrelated:

I have another script that's been in "development hell" for literally something like two years now, and I want to finish it up soon.  I want music, though; specifically, Marisa's theme.  This project is probably the most awesome thing ever done with Danmakufu, so I hope people will want to help! ( <-- totally not arrogant at all ::) )

Does anyone have/want to create a cover of 「Master Spark」 that I could use for this project?  I want something energetic and upbeat (much like the original); I was originally thinking of using Dobu Usagi's 「Final Master Spark」, but I'd feel bad about not getting their permission, and I'm not confident enough in my Japanese to email them asking without sounding like a dumbass/idiot/(9)/jerk.

Any takers?  Or, failing that, any recommendations on how to approach this?

And, no, I'm not going to tell you guys what it is.  It'd ruin the suprise and initial wave of awesome.

No, I don't really think this script is the best thing to ever happen to Danmakufu.  I'm just goofing around and being my usual pseudo-arrogent self. :V
to quote Naut:

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 03:26:04 AM »
Well, then you'll probably like the update I just uploaded ... see below
Awww, yeah.

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 03:52:17 AM »
It doesn't happen to be a Touhou Boss Attack is it? :V

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 05:40:18 AM »
Since I actually get 60fps on NTSD (a rare treasure while on this vacation computer), I figure I'll write up a little something on it.

So I'm sure you already know many of these things, but here's a few idea/pointers/comments regarding your lovely NTSD v03 script.
  • Needs difficulties. I know the difficulty scales depending on how many spellcards you've passed, but there needs to be starting difficulties for the script. Depending on what difficulty you choose, your score could be multiplied or something... To encourage people to not wuss out. Right now it starts off slow and takes a long time (a really long time if you get a few survivals in a row) to really get up to speed, and to start throwing some insane patterns. It's just too boring at the start. That aside, my biggest reason for difficulties is shot speed scaling. Many people at the Easy/Normal level have a really hard time with fast shots (4+p/s), no matter how dense a group they come in, mainly because they don't look ahead to dodge accordingly. This is of course a huge problem when there are other bullets on the game field to attract their eyes, so even at the very beginning of the script they are having a really hard time, and are very discouraged from continuing, despite the badassity of this script. So, the solution is fairly simple (and I'm sure you're aware): For an easy mode of the script, have the shots speeds get retrieved from a low speed bank, where as in a hard mode, the shot speeds can go much higher (up to insane levels -- 8 and higher -- hells yeah). That is of course, if you decide to make multiple difficulties.
  • Movement variety. I pretty much know the same three spots Rumia will move to at any time, if at all.
  • Needs the odd use of lasers to add to the variety pool.
  • All the spellcards last too long. In my opinion, given the minimal variety in type of danmaku thrown (just waves and waves of bullets for the most part), I think that the spellcards should last significantly less time. x0.66 life or something. Right now it feels really dragged out. Even the survivals could use a significant decrease in time.
  • Instead of having all the bullets in a ring or wave spawned in the one frame, you could have some waves generated take time to spawn. In task terms, it would look something like this:
    task bulletwave{
      loop(20){
        loop(3){
          CreateShot01(GetX, GetY, 3, ang, RED12, 10);
          ang+=6;
        }
      yield;
      }
    }
    It's a fairly easy way to make more complex looking danmaku, but I'm not positive how you could incorporate something like this into your code. Just something else you could try, I guess.
  • Defenestrate needs to be in the word array more then once it's so awesome :V
  • Aaaaaand....
    Befriending Sign
    ... I should probably watch that anime sometime.
    Don't let the first season discourage you from completing it, the second season (A's) is fucking amazing. Actually, the last few episodes of season one were pretty badass too... Not to spoil it. Don't go expecting School Rumble-level awesomeness though.
  • Ahem, back on track... There should also be a better indicator that the current spell is a survival spellcard. Big flashing neon letters or something, takes me a long time of dodging and moving around to try and stay beneath Rumia to realize that I'm not actually doing any damage, and that staying near the middle of the screen would've been easier.

I'm running out of things to nit-pick, so consider this a temporary end to my bitching. Your script is well beyond God tier to begin with, so any improvement that could be made is really just icing. That said, hopefully these suggestions will help you on the road to an even better v4.

Nuclear Cheese

• My homepage
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 01:59:48 AM »
It doesn't happen to be a Touhou Boss Attack is it? :V

That's quite a "normal" idea for a script.  Do I look like the type of guy who does "normal" scripts? :V

Since I actually get 60fps on NTSD (a rare treasure while on this vacation computer), I figure I'll write up a little something on it.

<OMG OVR LVL ⑨000!>

So I'm sure you already know many of these things, but here's a few idea/pointers/comments regarding your lovely NTSD v03 script.
  • Needs difficulties. I know the difficulty scales depending on how many spellcards you've passed, but there needs to be starting difficulties for the script. Depending on what difficulty you choose, your score could be multiplied or something... To encourage people to not wuss out. Right now it starts off slow and takes a long time (a really long time if you get a few survivals in a row) to really get up to speed, and to start throwing some insane patterns. It's just too boring at the start. That aside, my biggest reason for difficulties is shot speed scaling. Many people at the Easy/Normal level have a really hard time with fast shots (4+p/s), no matter how dense a group they come in, mainly because they don't look ahead to dodge accordingly. This is of course a huge problem when there are other bullets on the game field to attract their eyes, so even at the very beginning of the script they are having a really hard time, and are very discouraged from continuing, despite the badassity of this script. So, the solution is fairly simple (and I'm sure you're aware): For an easy mode of the script, have the shots speeds get retrieved from a low speed bank, where as in a hard mode, the shot speeds can go much higher (up to insane levels -- 8 and higher -- hells yeah). That is of course, if you decide to make multiple difficulties.

Difficulty settings could be a good touch.  Why the hell didn't I think of that already. >__>

Also, interesting note - unless I screwed up my code somewhere, no bullet in this script goes faster than 3.5p/s.  The difficulty scaling mainly deals with shot density and delay between bursts currently.

And isn't 8p/s or so around the area where people can start haxxing through bullets? ;)

• Movement variety. I pretty much know the same three spots Rumia will move to at any time, if at all.

I know about this one.  Mainly comes from the fact that I was lazy and just copied over movement code from another script of mine.  Should definitely be made more varied.

• Needs the odd use of lasers to add to the variety pool.

I've been considering the use of lasers.  My main concern is that lasers, in my opinion, make it much easier to block off the player from being able to dodge something else, so I feel I need to be careful in implementing this one.

• All the spellcards last too long. In my opinion, given the minimal variety in type of danmaku thrown (just waves and waves of bullets for the most part), I think that the spellcards should last significantly less time. x0.66 life or something. Right now it feels really dragged out. Even the survivals could use a significant decrease in time.

Noted.  I kinda tended towards a longer duration so that you have time to actually get a feel for the pattern you're facing, but I guess it can drag on in some cases ...
Of course, this may change as more danmaku variety is added.

• Instead of having all the bullets in a ring or wave spawned in the one frame, you could have some waves generated take time to spawn. In task terms, it would look something like this:
    task bulletwave{
      loop(20){
        loop(3){
          CreateShot01(GetX, GetY, 3, ang, RED12, 10);
          ang+=6;
        }
      yield;
      }
    }
    It's a fairly easy way to make more complex looking danmaku, but I'm not positive how you could incorporate something like this into your code. Just something else you could try, I guess.

* Nuclear Cheese makes a note to translate this into something that doesn't involve the use of tasks.

• Defenestrate needs to be in the word array more then once it's so awesome :V

:toot:

You're getting ahead of things, here.  I haven't seen a single episode of it yet ...

On that note - yes, School Rumble is awesome.

• Ahem, back on track... There should also be a better indicator that the current spell is a survival spellcard. Big flashing neon letters or something, takes me a long time of dodging and moving around to try and stay beneath Rumia to realize that I'm not actually doing any damage, and that staying near the middle of the screen would've been easier.

I think it could use a better indication, but "Big flashing neon letters" isn't very Touhou-ish, is it?

Right now the main indicator is that the enemy is partly transparent (admittedly, not very easy to notice, since I didn't want to make her hard to see), aside from the usual no taking damage and spellcard bonus doesn't go down.  I'm open to recommendations.

I'm running out of things to nit-pick, so consider this a temporary end to my bitching. Your script is well beyond God tier to begin with, so any improvement that could be made is really just icing. That said, hopefully these suggestions will help you on the road to an even better v4.

Thanks for the suggestions and such.  Large posts analyzing my work like this (hopefully) will help.

Still waiting, hoping someone out there with musical talent reads this post and takes pity on my lack of musical talent and provides me with the music I so desperately seek.

EDIT: finished the last sentence.  Stupid me and my getting distracted ...

EDIT:

I'm working on the next version of NTSD.  Figured I'd share this "gem" with you guys:

(if you can't see it, try going here)

No, it's not really supposed to do that.  I should probably fix this.

Also, if you look closely, you can probably discern a new feature or two that's in the next version.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 03:06:05 AM by Nuclear Cheese »
to quote Naut:

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 03:13:09 AM »
Ohoho can't wait :V

Also it looks like a tunnel of orangey death :V

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2009, 03:20:06 AM »
How the hell is your fps over 1.

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2009, 03:37:38 AM »
I came at "L____ic".

So hard.

Also, when I said bullet speed, it occured to me that it probably isn't so much the sheer speed of bullets (they do stay below 3.5p/s), it's those dang randomly changing bullets that launch off so fast after they stop... Or at least sudden to me, anyways.

And uh, at 8p/s you can hax through a bullet, but only if the bullet is small... And your name is Keith.

Nuclear Cheese

• My homepage
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 04:37:44 AM »
Ohoho can't wait :V

Also it looks like a tunnel of orangey death :V

I'd say more of an "ever-expanding blob" rather than "tunnel", but that works too.

How the hell is your fps over 1.

[X] Yukari is fooling around again*

To note, I'm pretty certain it dropped well below 1 fps when I hit the bomb key.

I came at "L____ic".

So hard.

TMI :vbang:

Also, when I said bullet speed, it occured to me that it probably isn't so much the sheer speed of bullets (they do stay below 3.5p/s), it's those dang randomly changing bullets that launch off so fast after they stop... Or at least sudden to me, anyways.

And uh, at 8p/s you can hax through a bullet, but only if the bullet is small... And your name is Keith.

Ah, I see.  Well, I found bullet speed to be an interesting difficulty factor anyways.

So, here's version 04!

- Now a Challenge to Naut! - Added difficulty selection on the Survival Marathon mode.  Choose from Easy, Normal, Hard, and Lunatic!
- Take the Guesswork out of Survival! - Added a new indicator at the bottom-middle of the screen when you're facing a survival spellcard.
- Tricky Moves! - The boss's movement is now more randomized.  Much better than the previous "lol I have three or so places" code!

Of course, it also includes the usual tweaks like more words in the naming function.

And, to note, I threw some code in that should (hopefully) remove the chance of what I have pictured above from happening.

* Templates like this are forbidden.
to quote Naut:

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2009, 09:41:12 AM »
Tested it on Normal. It's a great idea, but I have two complains:
-The more important one: Sometimes the script generates circles with pretty much no space between the bullets. And if even more bullets come down, you're basically f***ed.
-Less important, but still annoying: Replays desync. The replay I saved desyncs at the second card and finishes at the third, though I got to card No. 13.

EDIT: 200th post!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 07:30:28 AM by VideoGameCrack »