Author Topic: UFO English Patch Is Out  (Read 14140 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
UFO English Patch Is Out
« on: September 09, 2009, 12:39:29 AM »
Yep.

After much testing, the UFO English patch is ready for download - get your UFOs ready! This patch, as usual, updates all in-game dialogue and graphics to English; you?ll need to be sure that you?ve updated the full version UFO to v1.00b - if you haven?t yet, grab the patch from the Team Shanghai Alice site here - see the post below for more details.

Once you?re up to date on UFO, simply run the patcher as usual; users of the previous colorblind patch shouldn?t have any issues installing over the existing files. The colorblindness option wasn?t included in the English patch, however, as the corrections ZUN made with v1.00b should correct any gameplay issues for colorblind players. You can download the patch (as usual) by clicking the image above, or by clicking on this link.

Thanks go out to Mr_Alert for hacking and tools, Solamarle for translation, Mefidex for text editing, Halbarad for image editing, and SirAlex and Ars for testing.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Gpop

Re: UFO English Patch Is Out
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 12:43:39 AM »
Holy shit that was fast!

Brb downloading

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 12:44:28 AM »
Hey, cool thread.

I knew leaving it to the pros was the best choice. BRB, bugtesting.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 12:48:53 AM »
I love you hackers. Truly heroes of your time, delivering us from the dark ages of waiting years for a patch.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 12:50:27 AM »
Notice to WINE users:

Tested on 1.1.29 and the font looks exactly the same as it does in Subterranean Animism, i.e., PC dialogue is transparent with white outlines while boss dialogue is white, but all text stays within dialogue boxes. Fully readable.

To everyone else: The mode descriptions are funny, and the weapon/bombing descriptions are pretty.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 12:51:27 AM »
This means that I can actually read the story while playing. Good job.

Drake

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 01:06:23 AM »
holy youkai (ry

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Gpop

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 01:11:31 AM »
Oh yeah, whatever happened to those PC-98 patches that Ruro/donut mentioned in the previos Classroom wipe?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 01:17:34 AM »
Oh yeah, whatever happened to those PC-98 patches that Ruro/donut mentioned in the previos Classroom wipe?

According to the people working on it, it is theoretically near completion. All that's left to do is actually replace the text and edit the images. I think. So knowing Alice, give it a year or so. :V
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 01:20:30 AM »
According to the people working on it, it is theoretically near completion. All that's left to do is actually replace the text and edit the images. I think. So knowing Alice, give it a year or so. :V

:o

I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THIS

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 01:21:50 AM »
Impressive speed.

This is my first time using an English patch for a Touhou game, after being into it for years (weird?). I'm having a hard time breaking the habit of holding down ctrl during the dialogue.

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 01:42:25 AM »
Wow, that was fast.
I haven't gotten a chance to play the patched game yet because of homework, though. >>
All I want now for UFO is a patch to replace the animated bullets with something less flashy so my eyes don't hurt Dx

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 03:48:38 AM »
I have mixed feelings about this. I honestly didn't expect a patch before December so seeing it's already done makes me really happy, but it also means I can't use the excuse "but it's not translated yet" to avoid playing and will have to face the fact that I completely suck at UFO.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 04:09:46 AM »
I have mixed feelings about this. I honestly didn't expect a patch before December so seeing it's already done makes me really happy, but it also means I can't use the excuse "but it's not translated yet" to avoid playing and will have to face the fact that I completely suck at UFO.
You just reminded me of how I tried playing stage 4 again in order to test it, and OH GOD I WAS OBLITERATED. At least I finished my run, even though it was with zero lives, and I died on Murasa's first wave on her survival card.

"What."

By the way, does the text in the Music Room seem a bit too blurred for anyone else?

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 02:45:45 PM »
Cool story brPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

Why do I always see good things when I'm at work and behind the Iron Curtain of Websense?  D:

Bananamatic

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 03:18:05 PM »
Heian Dark Clouds->Peaceful Dark Clouds :V

Well, I guess it works since it's an easy card......

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 08:39:57 PM »
wasn't expecting it this early

brb, downloading

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 09:43:22 PM »
Balls, respect, bows*

-Hele

Lawence Codye

• The Nine Tails of Subconscious...
  • Come & your desires shall all become reality...
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 07:24:25 AM »
I am very thankful for this...can't wait to play it in English & with haste it was made too as the game's only been out for almost a month now.
I am the Nine Tails of Subconscious...

Come & your greatest desires will be reality...

AnimaVex

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 04:11:21 PM »

This sounds like me.

But yeah. Complements to the people who blazed through this for all of us.

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 02:35:37 AM »
yesss. Thank you very much.